Chapter 28

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

Mina entered the company with her eyes looking a bit swollen and red because of all the crying before and there is nothing she can do about it.

 

“Hey.” Sehun said after seeing Mina entering the company.

 

“Hey.” Mina replied, avoiding his gaze.

 

“What’s wrong?? Why are you not looking at me??”

 

“It is nothing…” Without even replying, Sehun stretch out his hand and gently tilt her head up to see that her eyes are all swollen.

 

“Ya!!! What happened to you?? Did somebody bully you or something?? Why did you cry?? Tell me??!!” Said an agitated Sehun. Who is really worried about her especially after seeing how she is like when she is crying.

 

“Calm down calm down. It is nothing okay. It is just me and my dad.”

 

“You and your dad?? What happen this time?? Did he say something to you again??”

 

“No it is nothing like that. It is just that our relationship is getting better!! Can you believe it like my father and I, relationship getting better?? We were never close at all but now my dad is trying to patch up our relationship and try to make up for all the time that he had lost when i was growing up and he wasn't there to witness it. I am really happy.” With that tears start to well up in her eyes again but then she is smiling.

 

“That is good. I am really happy for you.” With that he starts to ruffle her hair. “Now I understand that was tears of happiness and not tears of sadness.”

 

“Thank you.” Mina said while looking up at him and giving him a breath taking smile. The smile shock him, making him speechless and his heart starts to pump loudly for no odd reason.

 

“You… You… are… welcome….”

 

“Are you okay?? Why are you stammering??”

 

“I am fine no worries…”

 

“Okay. Then let’s go!! The rest of the oppas must be waiting.” With that Mina starts to walk with Sehun tagging along.

 

“Hey class. You guys know that this week will be the last week of composing and you will compose the rest of the song and i want it to at least reach the 3mins mark and no less. So everything will be done by this saturday so that we can listen to it and next week we will do the necessary things to make it better and polish it for submission and also choosing of who is the winner.”

 

“That means you are leaving soon right??” Baekhyun asked. That question made everyone’s expression change. It is such a sensitive question and they never the thought that this day will come, the day that Mina might have to leave even though they had all grown so attached to one another.

 

“I think so… unless the company sees my potential and wants me to stay… if not I think I am leaving...” Mina said with a tint of sadness evident in her voice and the atmosphere is getting weird.

 

“Okay can we not talk about this topic and change to something else?? It is making me sad.” Chanyeol said pretending to cry.

 

“Okay okay. We have sidetrack enough. Now back to the main topic. So you guys got what i mean right??”

 

“Yes teacher.”

 

“Okay if that is the case then you guys can start to work!!” With that all of them slowly drifted to their own seats and after a while Mina, went over to check on them and their progresses. After checking on a few,  she walked towards Sehun and said, “Hi!! What have you got here for me??”

 

Sehun didn’t say anything but he just squirmed uneasily in his seat. Seeing that Mina wondered what is wrong with him and so she asked, “Ya oppa what’s wrong with you??”

 

“Not…  nothing…”

 

“Okay then. I am just going to take a listen as to what you have here so far.”

 

“Ok...Okay…” and once again Sehun squirmed uneasily in his seat.”Omg why I can’t just seem to behave normally with her especially after that smile she gave me just now. It is like it just hits me right at the heart. My heart can’t stop beating so hard when she is around me today. Am i getting sick or something??” Sehun thought while looking up at Mina. “Why is she standing so close to me?? I can't take this!!” With that Sehun move slowly away from Mina. Mina noticed that but she did not say anything.

 

“Okay I think you are on a good track. No worries. Make sure you don’t mess it up. I will come over and take a look later again.”

 

“Ya… ya… sure…”

 

With that Mina gave him a smile and walk off.  But as she is walking to the next person, she can’t help but think that there is something really wrong with Sehun but he just doesn’t want to say it and it is really weird. She shrug it off and continue on with the rest of the members.

 

As the day comes to an end, as usual Mina is going to move her stuff to Sehun’s table when suddenly Sehun walk up towards her and said, “Ermm… I don’t think I wanna continue with the extra lessons tonight because I.. am ermmm not feeling that okay.”

 

Mina raised her hand, wanting to have a feel of his forehead but Sehun just flinch and move a step back from her touch. That leaving Mina feeling awkward as her hand is like raise up awkwardly in the air but got to feel nothing and so she look around for a while before putting down her hand again.

 

“Ok… Okay then I will be going first now bye…” With that Mina grabbed her stuff and walked quickly out of the room.

 

“Ahh I don’t mean that…” but it was too late as Mina have already went out of the room. “Aish I didn’t mean that… what is wrong with me?? I didn’t mean to hurt her that way. I wonder how sad she is now… I am sorry Mina, it is just that somehow I am just feeling really weird and this feeling somehow doesn’t allow me to be with you. You are making me confused Mina and I don’t know why.” Sehun bury his face in his hands as he felt sorry for what he has done.

 

“Aye are you okay??” Suho asked, going up to give him a pat on the back, seeing that he isn’t his usual self when he just push Mina away like that.

 

“Ya hyung, I am fine. Just not really feeling well. I just want to go back and rest.”

 

“Okay. Let’s go then.” Suho said and they all left together.

 

“Did i do something wrong?? Why is he behaving so oddly today?? He is behaving so weirdly… He is really sick?? Oh well… I don’t know… Fine let’s not care about it… Maybe by tomorrow he will be back to his usual self.” With that Mina shrug it off and continue on her way home.

 

The next day Mina entered the company and Sehun is already sitting there waiting for her. Mina happily bounced up to him and cheerfully say, “Hi!!”

 

Sehun just gave her a small smile that quickly disappeared and reply with a solemn. “Hi.”

 

“Things don’t feel right…” Mina thought. They were both awkwardly quiet for a while before Mina broke the silence and said, “Shall we get going…??” With that Sehun nodded his head and quickly walk off. With Mina tagging slowly behind.

 

“Aish what is wrong with me?? Why am I behaving so bad towards her?? I think I have just hurt her feelings… sigh I didn’t mean to do it but somehow I just can’t seem to be myself with her around nowadays sigh.” With that Sehun guilty turn back to look at Mina.

 

Mina was pouting slightly and still thinking about why Sehun is behaving so oddly because he has never treated her like this except for the first few times when she have just entered the company. So what made him become like this. Mina was still thinking about it when she suddenly feel as if someone is watching her and so she look up and see that Sehun have stopped walking and was looking at her. With that Mina gave him a wide smile and ran up to join him. They continue to walk silently, with Sehun keeping a safe distance away from her. The silence is killing her and so Mina decided to break the silence.

 

“Are you okay?? You are not behaving yourself lately…”

 

“I… I am fine… Don… Don’t need to worry about me.”

 

“Okay…” Mina said a bit sad. Sehun saw that and wanted to say something to make her feel better but then they have already reached and hence he just kept quiet and went into the room with Mina.

 

Class started and Mina set them to work on their piece and as they are going to finally complete their pieces this week, they are all feeling a bit happy that they can finally see the complete work.  But a bit stress as they have to make sure that their work is top quality in order to have a chance of it being used in their upcoming album. At the same time they are feeling sad because even though this has been tough but they have enjoyed it deeply and they are all going to miss this special company with each other. As they continue to stress over their work, the relationship between Mina and Sehun didn’t improve. Even though Sehun seems to be able to interact well with the rest of his hyungs but not Mina and this drives Mina even more puzzled but she just let it be.

 

It was the end of the class and Mina was busy moving her things when suddenly Suho said, “Mina. We have something to say.”

 

“Yes what is it??”

 

“Since we have to finish this work by this week, we were wondering if we can join you and Sehun for extra lesson after class to just finish up with our work and at the same time getting more help from you.”

 

“Oh sure!! Please join us~~ I am more than willing to have more people stay.”

 

“Okay so everyone of us is staying then. Thank you so much Mina.” Suho said and giving her a wide smile.

 

“Nah it is nothing. You are most welcome~~”

 

Mina stopped packing her things and just sat down and continue with what she was doing before the class ended. In her mind she is sighing. Although it is good to have the other EXO members around to make the atmosphere between Sehun and her less tense, but then she is also feeling a bit sad because she was actually thinking of using this chance to like see what is wrong with Sehun but then it just didn’t work out for her.

 

“Did I really do something wrong??” Mina sigh.

 

Everyone can sense that Sehun is behaving oddly towards Mina and Mina is sad at that part but then there is nothing they can do to help and they don’t want to be busybody and hence they decided to mind their own business. But then they got a rough idea what it is about.

 

Time pass by quickly and before long they were all packing up to go home and this time as usual EXO members are going to send her home as Baekhyun said, “It has been such a long while since we go to Mina’s house so we should go there and play again” and with that he led the way there.

 

Mina was treading slowly behind Sehun and the other members have charge forward upon release. She sigh.

 

“Something troubling our maknae??”

 

Mina heard that and look up to see Suho smiling gently at her, clearly the one that had asked the question. Mina did not answer and instead she just gave him a smile and continue walking.

 

“Hmmm if you don’t want to say. Then let me guess. Is it…?? Sehun?”

 

With that sentence escaping from Suho’s lips, Mina stopped in her tracks and her expression changed immediately. Guess Suho did guess it right and he smile at that.

 

“Ho… how did you know??”

 

“Well it is pretty obvious. It is all written on your face.” Suho teased, pointing towards her face.

 

“Ya!! I am sure I am not that easy to read….”

 

“Most of the time you are not but this time round, you are pretty obvious.”

 

“Really??” Mina sigh.

 

“Hey don’t sigh. I am sure everything will be fine soon. I am sure you just need to give it some time.”

 

“Ya maybe that is what he really need…”

 

“Don’t worry if can I will help you check on him.”

 

“Thank you so much.” With that Mina gave Suho a smile and Suho dotingly ruffle her hair. But they didn’t know that Sehun saw it and he is starting to feel a bit angry and he just turn his head away but Mina and Suho look up at the correct moment and they actually saw Sehun turn away angrily and Mina start to look a bit sad again. Suho give her a reassuring pat on the shoulder and a smile before walking forward to join the rest.

 

Sehun shake his head angrily. Why is he so work up just seeing Suho and Mina being so close to one another. He definitely knows that there are nothing between them but he have no idea why he is still getting so angry over it. What is wrong with him. He is starting not to understand himself. Why is he suddenly behaving like this all of a sudden??

 

“I can’t seem to understand myself anymore.”

 

When Saturday came, even though 4 days have passed, Sehun is still behaving oddly. Mina don’t even know what to do anymore and she decide to just let him be and do not even bother trying to make a conversation with him anymore and just try to focus on her work as much so that she can forget about all this things that are making her sad.

 

At the end of the day, Mina is making them play through their song one by one and some were really good and it is going to be hard choosing one specific one to be put in the album while some were not really there but can see the effort in it while for Sehun’s, it just sounds weird, like there are a lot of parts that are really off and so Mina ask, “Sehun oppa are you really okay??”

 

“I am fine. Why are you asking.” Sehun said a bit irritated.

 

“No… nothing… It is just that I can hear something is wrong through your piece as there are a lot of parts that sound off and you could have solve it but i don’t know why you just left it there.”

 

“Sorry I just didn’t notice.  Plus we can always work on it next week. I will just take note of it. Thanks.” Sehun said harshly and with that went back to his seat without allowing Mina to say anything more and Mina is looking really hurt. Everyone else look shock to see Sehun behaving so weirdly and harshly to Mina. But Mina just smile and continue with the presentation. When it all ended, Mina said, “Thank you so much for your hard work and it has been hard for you all for the past 3 - 4 weeks and I am really happy to see all the good works done by you. We will still meet next week to do the last touch up for your song before the company and I choose which song to put into your upcoming album so please continue to work hard.” With that Mina gave a bow and started to pack her stuff and then immediately left.

 

Luhan jab Sehun in the ribcage and said, “Ya what did you do to Mina??”

 

“What are you talking about?? I am innocent!!”

 

“You were so harsh to mei mei and she look so sad.” Tao said.

 

“Did something happen between the two of you??” Kris asked.

 

“No there is nothing. We are fine.”

 

“But But But…” Even before Baekhyun can finish saying anything, Suho stop them and said. “Ahhh look at the time,  it is so late. Let’s all go home and have a good rest!! Let’s go!!” With that he started to push everyone out of the door.

 

Mina have been zoning out for the whole day and it is already Sunday night and she hasn’t do much for the whole day except for sitting there the whole day and just zoning out and thinking about what are the possibilities that cause Sehun to behave like this. She just sigh and she look up in time to see her eonnis moving around packing things.

 

“Ya what are you guys doing??” Mina ask looking at them suspiciously.

 

“Oh this?? We are going to help out at one of the school’s activity. We told you a lot of times already. Why do you keep forgetting??” Kuroi said.

 

“You did??”

 

“Yeah we did… It is just that you seem a bit zone out this few days to even listen to what we were saying.” Vannie said.

 

“I am so sorry about that I didn’t mean that.”

 

“It is okay.” Sooin said.

 

“So what school activity??”

 

“We are going to help out at this marathon and it starts at like 12am to like the next day noon so we are packing our stuff but it looks like I am going for a picnic more than going to help out.” Kuroi said and she open her bag to show Mina which is all filled with food and Mina laugh.

 

“You are always bringing too much food. It is your style. But then why you all never ask me to join again?? Are you guys having fun kicking me one side and not letting me join?? Are you guys scheming something without me??”

 

“Ya ya how can you say that??!! We are not. It is just that you have been really busy and looking more tired than usual so we decided to let you rest instead of join us. We are just being nice okay.” Kuroi said seriously.

 

“Fine fine eonnis~~ You guys are the best!! What time are you leaving??”

 

“We will be leaving soon after we finish checking one more round.” Sooin said.

 

“Okay then. Please be careful okay. Just cab there if not it is very dangerous.”

 

“That is what we are going to do no worries. We will be fine.” Vannie said reassuring Mina.

 

“Okay then.”

 

“Hey!! Why did you call me here today?? Have you decided to have a little bonding time with hyung??” Suho said when he entered the bar that Sehun is in. Sehun had sent a message to Suho to ask him to meet him at the bar and he thought they were going to have a drink but maybe not after seeing Sehun.

 

“Hyunnggg~~” With that Sehun pulled Suho into a hug.

 

“Ya ya what’s wrong with you today?? Why are you being so nice to me today?? Are you drunk already??”

 

“Ahhh hyung~~ What are you thinking?? I am not drunk at all. Actually… the reason why I ask you here is because i need your help in something…”

 

“What is it??” Suho said and took a seat beside him and order a drink.

 

“It is about… Mina…”

 

“What about her??” Suho said taking a sip of his drink and wincing at the bitter taste.

 

“I… I don’t know what is wrong with me lately. I don’t know why there is like this feeling I get whenever I see her and it just gets even stronger when she gets more close to me and somehow I can’t seem to want to get close to her anymore because of this weird feeling. It is like when she smile, I smile, and when she cries, my heart breaks with her and I just wants to hug her until all parts of her is healed and I worry for her a lot, way more than I should. When she sleeps, I just want to shower her with kisses because she looks so much like a baby that needs to be protected like am I a ert or something?? When she gets close with other guys I get angry… like why am I being so selfish all of a sudden?? She doesn’t belong to me so why do I even get angry when she is with someone else?? It is her choice to be someone else.  It is like i don’t even know myself anymore and I don’t even mean to do something like that to her, like ignoring her but I just can’t help it. I don’t know what to do. Am i sick or something?? What should i do hyung??”

 

“Hmm according to what you have said above. There is only one explanation to it.”

 

“What is it??” Sehun asked eagerly staring straight at Suho’s face, waiting for his answer. The answer that will solve the awkwardness between Mina and him. He will do anything to make things go back to the way before because he hate how they are right now. Suho faced him and looking at how he is staring so intently at him in order to know the answer, Suho laugh as Sehun is being so cute. “Aigooo our Sehun is so cute. You are in love.” Suho said pinching Sehun’s cheeks.

 

“I am… in love??!! But how can that be??”

 

“Yes you are in love and with Mina. Trust me i am sure I am correct.”

 

“But then… how?? I don’t even remember falling in love with her but that is not the main point. Main point is what am I supposed to do with this feelings of mine??”

 

“Just go tell her that you like her or something.”

 

“But then what if she doesn’t like me or something and she rejects me…?? This is easier said than done.”

 

“Be a man and don’t worry about it. I am sure everything will be fine. Trust me.” Suho said giving him a wink. Just then Suho’s handphone ring announcing an incoming message and so he fished out his phone to take a look.

 

“Sorry Sehun I guess I have to leave early now. I got something on and I can’t stay any longer. Just don’t deny your feelings for her anymore and just come clean with it. Explain to her how you feel, and how that causes you to behave recently and i know she will come to understand it. I am going to leave now and don’t drink too much and call for replacement driver later. I will find another time to have a drink with you again after you have solve everything. Take care. Sorry hyung isn’t able to stay longer to help you come up with a solution on how to confess.” With that Suho gave him a pat on the back and then walk off.

 

Sehun sigh and continue to drown drinks after drinks. “How did I even come to like her?? How is that possible??” Sehun thought as he drown more drinks. But somehow Suho’s words keep on replaying in his head and somehow it is starting to fit and it is really the only conclusion that he can come upon after describing out and letting out what he has been feeling recently. To be honest, actually he feels kind of good now that he knows his true feelings for Mina and he doesn’t know why. He felt really happy. He continue to drown himself more and more drinks, not noticing that he is already drunk and that is when he made up his mind that he had to see Mina and share his feelings with her so in his drunken state, he called for a replacement driver, pay for his drinks and stumble drunkenly out of the bar.

 


hey hey back with a triple update that I wanted to do this week~~ Decided that it will be fun to do one even though i have tons of projects I need to do but I just want to relax a while after the tons and tons of commitment that I have. Work and no play, makes me a sad person hahahaha~~ I guess by all this projects I am just going to hibernate for like 1 month or something and not do anything related to school hahahaha~~ Just a little plan~~ Finally write to the part that Sehun finally realised his feelings for Mina and I am sorry if it has been going way too slow but then I just want to develop the content well and not rush into anything. It has been fun writing this series and I am already thinking of what to write next but still planning. I have surprises in store for next update so do remember to check it out!! I am posting it earlier because I have a project event that I had to do and I think it will be taking a whole day so I won't be able to udpate on time and therefore I decided to bring it forward so remember to check it out and wish me luck for all my projects as I really need it!! Okay have to go and face my reality and thank you for the 900 views and all the subcribers!! Your support is really love and appreciated by me!! Thank you thank you and enjoy reading!! :)))