Chapter 59

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Ring ding dong” There goes the doorbell.

 

Daddy Dong looked up from his newspapers to see that his daughter sitting beside him, is not even moving an inch on the sofa, acting as if she did not hear the doorbell at all and was glued to the tv. Seeing that Daddy Dong kicked lightly at Mina’s legs, managing to capture her attention. Mina looked her at her dad and signaled with her head to ask “What is it that he wants from her??”

 

Her dad signal back to her with his eyes, for her to go and open the door to check out who it is but Mina just ignored him and went back to watching the tv. Seeing how she didn’t barge Daddy Dong cleared his throat and said, “Dear, go and check who is at the door.”

 

“But I am lazy to move from the sofa…” Mina mumbled.

 

“Just go and check right now. Don’t keep them waiting.”

 

“Fine.” Mina grumbled and got out from the sofa unwilling to open the door. While walking there, she cannot stop grumbling as to who is it that came so early in the morning and disturb her while she is relaxing and she is still grumbling when she is opening the door but the moment she saw who is behind it, her anger is all gone.

 

“Awww our Mina~~ Long time no see and you have gotten so pretty~~ Must be love~~” Baekhyun teased before saying again, “Where is your dad??”

 

“Ermm he is inside??”

 

“Okay~~ Uncle Dong~~” Baekhyun called out happily before entering the house and looking for uncle.

 

Even before Mina can stop him, the rest of them have already slowly entered the house, giving Mina a smile before entering. Sehun was the last to enter and Mina saw him and he was just standing there, holding on to a big brown. The one that he didn’t manage to give the other time and Sehun is just shyly holding on to it. He seems as if he has a lot to say so Mina just stare attentively at him, waiting for him to say something.

 

Sehun just stare back tentatively at Mina and without a word, stuff the bear into her hands and started to walk off. Mina stare blankly at the bear and was about to ask what is with the bear when Sehun suddenly turn around and stomped back towards her and stopped abruptly in front of her.

 

“What…??” Mina started but even before she can finish her sentence, Sehun land a kiss on her cheek before cheekily run away. Mina just stand there dumbfounded for a while before a small and shy smile start to spread across her.

 

“What is he doing… that idiot, making me all shy like this. Ahhh Brown~~ What should I do??” Mina bury her face in brown happily. She happily look at Brown before thinking, “How did he even know I like this?? That qtpie really knows me so well.” Mina give Brown a pat on the head before looking at the door to her house and smile before entering.

 

But once she enter the house, the sight in front of her shocked her greatly.

 

“Uncle Dong~~ Thank you so much for inviting us over to play. We are all really grateful. Here we brought some gifts over for you~~” Baekhyun said happily.

 

“Ah.” Daddy Dong doesn’t even know how to react to that because he didn’t expect them to do something like that. Even before Daddy Dong can fully absorb the whole situation, suddenly Baekhyun grab on to Daddy Dong’s arms and said, “We are going to have so much fun together today~~ I can feel it~~ After today, let’s be best friends forever~~” Baekhyun even lean on Daddy Dong’s shoulder and did aegyo at him.

 

Daddy Dong can only stare in shock and despair at Baekhyun and seeing how awkward Daddy Dong looked, Suho can only quickly walk up towards Baekhyun and drag him away.

 

“What are you doing hyung?? Can’t you see we are bonding here?? Why did you drag me away??” Baekhyun questioned.

 

Suho ignored his question and quickly said to Daddy Dong, “I am so sorry about his behaviour. Our baekhyun here is always so affectionate and friendly so he is always so open with everyone. So sorry about that.”

 

“Ah it is okay. It is just that I am not used to since my daughter isn’t that affectionate with me. Anyway just make yourself at home. I am just going to ermm go to the garden for a while and check the flowers. Just have fun.” Daddy Dong said and immediately start walking out of the living room and into the garden, trying to avoid the awkward situation and also ignoring the glare that her daughter is giving him because of the words he said.

 

Seeing that, Sehun quickly said, “Wait uncle, I am coming with you.”

 

Daddy Dong gave him a look and nodded before continuing to walk again. Seeing that, Sehun happily follow him out into the garden.

 

“Let’s go to the garden and play too~~” Baekhyun said, wanting to lead the way but suddenly he is being pulled behind and he looked back to see who is it. “What is it Suho hyung?? What is it again??”

 

“Nothing it is just that I want you to watch your behaviour for a while because I am worried that if we were to do something wrong, it would cost Sehun’s chance of being with Mina and we don’t want that to happen.”

 

“I see. No worry hyung!! I will take note from now on!!” Baekhyun salute.

 

“I know you will~~ Because our Baekhyunee is the best~~”

 

“Ahh hyung. You say that to everyone… Anyway let’s go join the rest!!” Baekhyun said and led the way happily.

 

“I wonder what they are doing??” Mina mumbled to herself as she slowly walk out from the kitchen to the garden to see what the rest are doing. She have been in the kitchen helping the rest of her eonnis prepare a meal for the rest of the guys and she got curious and decided to walk out to take a look.

 

“Haiz. Boys will be boys.” Mina mumbled as she watch on because the sight in front of her is Daddy Dong patiently explaining about plants with Sehun right beside him, listening. Suho and Lay is also following behind although Lay looks as if he is in his own world,  playing by himself and playing with the flowers.

 

At one corner, Xiumin is attentively examining the flowers with Luhan right beside him who somehow had pluck a flower and put it on Xiumin’s head noiselessly and Kris upon seeing that also did it to Kyungsoo who amazingly did not shout at him or something.

 

At another side, Mina had no idea how Chanyeol have found a watering can and have filled it with water and starting to pour small amounts of water on people, starting from Baekhyun. Baekhyun notice the water and turn abruptly to the back to see Chanyeol running away and he at first wanted to hit him but then he suddenly saw Kai and decided to team up with Chanyeol to attack Kai and poured water on him. Kai turn to look murderously at them and he went around to find something else and that is a garden hose and turn it on and started to spray on them. Baekhyun and Chanyeol did not just blindly stand there and let him spray but instead they started running around and Luhan and Tao who is resting nearby, just enjoying the sun, got sprayed a little. They got really angry and wanted to take revenge and found more watering cans nearby and filled it with water and wanted to join the water fight that Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were having at the moment. They even got some water on Kyungsoo and immediately the angelic scene immediately changed into a devlic one as he sort out his revenge and joined in with the rest of the members.

 

They were all so engrossed in it that they didn’t notice Daddy Dong was just right in front of them and they just sprayed water right at his face and it got totally wet. They were still really happy in the beginning, thinking that it is one of their member and they got him wet but when they look closer, then they realised that it is Daddy Dong. Suddenly all smiles left their face as once again they had messed up and this time they are sure that Daddy Dong will make sure to chase all of them out and that’s it to Mina and Sehun. They look in horror as they await for the scolding to come as they looked at the furious Daddy Dong. Suho looked around in horror and seeing how Daddy Dong didn’t react, he thought he was too angry to even start so he was just about to scold the rest of the members for him. He was just opening his mouth when Daddy Dong suddenly said, “How dare you…” Everyone have looked of terror on their face but then suddenly Daddy Dong continued and said, “How dare you… have a water fight without asking me to join??!!”

 

With that he picked up the watering can by his feet and started spraying water at all of the members in front of him. It didn’t end there because the next moment, he started watering Suho as if Suho is a little flower that needs his attention and care, making Suho’s hair all wet. This made all the members laugh and Daddy Dong said, “Don’t be so tough on them. They are just kids. Let them have fun.” and continued to water for a while. Suho angelic face suddenly turn demonic and he suddenly growled and said, “You kids, you kids are the one that always gets me into states like this. I am not going to let you all off so easily this time.” and Suho growled before getting one watering can for himself and started attacking all of s. Seeing how serious he is, everyone started running away happily, trying to hide away from their leader.

 

Daddy Dong watch on happily, like a proud father with Sehun standing right next to him, just observing and watching the whole thing, enjoying himself instead of entering the water fight. Seeing him like that, Daddy Dong turn and start watering him on the head too like what he did with Suho. Sehun look at shock at Daddy Dong, wondering why he did that to him.

 

“You are really a spoil sport. If you are going to be with my daughter, please be more fun, like that my daughter won’t get bored when she goes out with you and you can entertain her more and make her laugh. This is a tip in keeping the lady you love next to you. This is how i woo Mina’s mum anyway. It is a pretty good tactic.”

 

“Uncle…” Sehun is shocked that Daddy Dong is actually telling him all this. He is seeing a total new side to Daddy Dong. The love and caring side of him instead of the fierce side that he always see all the time and their conversations, totally sound like he had accepted him and he is trying to bond with him, sharing little secrets with him, trying to make him feel comfortable. He felt blessed to be able to see this change in him, because he thought this day will never come.

 

“What are you stoning there for?? Go on, join the rest of them and have fun.” Daddy Dong said giving him a light push.

 

“Well not if you join in too~~” Sehun said and pull him in to join the rest of s. Mina watches on, taking in the sight, happily. It seems like all her efforts this week have finally paid off and she is more than happy to see that. Just then Kuroi walked out from the kitchen, wondering why she have been missing for so long and see her standing by the living room looking out to the garden. She followed her gaze and see that the members having fun out there with Daddy Dong.

 

“It is really nice to see them having fun like that.” Kuroi said.

 

“I know right.” Mina replied.

 

“Congratulations. Mina.” Kuroi said.

 

“Huh?? Why congratulations??”

 

“Because your efforts are finally worth it.” Mina smiled and Kuroi gave her a pat on the shoulder, smiling back at her. “Well if you have nothing else, quickly come back to the kitchen because we really need your help.” Kuroi throw down this sentence before heading back to the kitchen again. Mina smiled and give the boys one last look before entering the kitchen once again.

 

“Oh my god…” This are the only words that Mina can make out after seeing 13 boys with wet hair and shirt and standing in front of her. She have been called out by Daddy Dong and she came out to this and she just stood there, with no idea how she is going to settle this.

 

After a while she sigh, boys will be boys but well at least they have fun, although she is a bit stun at that and but she is still happy that they bond together like that today. “I am just gonna grab some towels. Stay outside for a while because I don’t want you to wet the floor.” Mina said before walking away to the bathroom to search for towels.

 

“Do you need help??” Suddenly a voice behind her asked.

 

“Hmm?? Ya!! Why did you come in here?? Didn’t I tell you to stay outside?? Why didn’t the others stop you??”

 

Sehun cutely smile, showing his cute eye emile and said, “I told them that I was going to help you so they just let me be but then of course everyone know that we are dating so they wouldn’t stop us. They know that we need some time alone.”

 

Mina slap him on the arm and said, “Aish you still dare to say something like that. If you are that free,  quickly help me take all this towels out.”

 

“Yes madam.” Sehun said giving Mina a 90 degree bow, making Mina laugh at his tactics before starting to pile towels on Sehun’s outstretched hands. She cutely place the last towel right on top of his head, giggling, she said, “You look so cute with the towel place on you like that~~”

 

“You are just like a kid.”

 

“I am only like a kid when I am with someone I really like so please be honoured.” Mina said giving him a hug so sudden that Sehun is happy that he moved the towels away just in time if not the towels would have hit Mina in the face and that wouldn’t have been nice.

 

“Why are you being so affectionate today??”

 

“I don’t know. Seeing you today just makes me want to be affectionate all of a sudden~~”

 

“Ah!! Why do you have to say something so sweet when my hands are full and I cannot hug you?? Helps I just want to hug you so tight until you cannot breathe and shower you with kisses!!”

 

Mina giggled and said, “Too bad for you then. Well let’s get going then, we cannot let the others wait too long. If not they will catch a cold~~ Come on~~” and started to lead the way back to the living room.

 

She passes the towels out to the boys to dry themselves and suddenly Sehun came up to her, pouting and said, “Help me dry my hair please.”

 

“Who is the real kid now??”

 

“Hmm… I think we are both kids then.”

 

“I agree~~ Come sit down. I will help you then.” With that Mina took the towel from Sehun and softly and gently ruffle his hair, helping him dry his hair and smiling as the both of them make small conversations.

 

Standing to the side, Daddy Dong watch as the scene unfold in front of him. Being curious, Kris suddenly walk up towards Daddy Dong and asked, “Aren’t uncle going to go and break them up or something??”

 

“No. Just let them be. Doesn’t the both of them make a really beautiful picture??”

 

The sudden question stunned Kris for a while before he said, “Yes they do…”

 

Daddy Dong smiled while he watched on. The both of them really make a really beautiful picture. Like a newlywed couple, where the husband has just come home from work, showered and the wife is helping the tired husband to dry his hair while his husband talk about his day at work. It is just such a beautiful picture that he really cannot bare to break them up. Guess he have really grown close to having the both of them being a couple and he really cannot find any fault in them anymore and try to break them up now. Seeing them like that, he really wants to support them no matter what and protect that beautiful picture that he is seeing and the beautiful smiles that is on their faces. He smiled a little,while watching them a little more before walking away, letting them be.

 

They had dinner together and seeing how the boys behave while eating, making noise, disturbing one another and making conversations here and there and laughing, makes Daddy Dong really happy because he always love big family like this, being together and having a meal. This make the whole place feels so lively and more fun. He is glad that he had invited them over and manage to spend some time with them. After dinner, they all went to the door to send the members off.

 

“Thanks uncle for the hospitality today, we really had fun.” Suho said.

 

“You’re welcome. I am glad that I have invited all of you here. It has been fun. I am glad I am able to meet such a loveable bunch of kids and have a great day today. I am thankful too.”

 

“Uncle you are too polite.” Luhan said.

 

“Ah anyway it is getting late, you guys should return home and have some rests. Next time if there is chance, I will invite you all back to play again. I am sorry if I were rude to you guys before and I just want to say I didn’t mean it and I am actually happy that you guys are there for Mina when I am not there. From today, my perspective of you guys have change and you are all so loveable.”

 

“I know especially me!! I am the most loveable of all!!” Baekhyun said and rushed over to Daddy Dong and gave him a hug, shocking him and the rest but Daddy Dong recovered fast and hug him back saying, “Yes you are the most adorable.”

 

“Okay okay enough Baekhyun!! We have to go!! Thank you uncle!! We will be back soon to play!!” Kris politely said while trying to pull Baekhyun away from Daddy Dong which leave everyone in laughter and Baekhyun pouting. But knowing that they have to leave, Baekhyun let go and wave goodbye to everyone before entering the cars to go back home.

 

“Well today have been fun.” Daddy Dong said.

 

“I know I can tell that you really have fun.” Mina replied.

 

“I guess it is really good to be with someone younger, makes me feel younger too. But then you cannot deny your own age because I can totally feel it now, I am feeling tired all of a sudden.”

 

“Thanks dad.”

 

“Hmm… What for??”

 

“Thanks for inviting them over to play. You know how much that means to me.”

 

“I am glad that I finally did something to get into my daughter’s good books. It has been tough being a good dad when you really really don’t want to do this at all.”

 

Mina glare at her dad and Daddy Dong quickly laugh and said, “You know I am kidding right?? I will do anything to make my daughter happy. Yes anything for you.”

 

 


hi hi hi~~ after so long of a hiatus I am finally back!! I really want to apologise for the really really late update because so many things have happen lately that I don't even know what to do. I have been really stress this few days because of work and all and now I am starting on a new one and I hope it won't be as bad as the last because if it is, I really don't know what to do anymore. Oh well but i am really glad there are a lot of people around me to support my decisions and I am  glad to be back to writing after so long and this takes a little longer to churn out because my brain really doesn't want to cooperate and I am just urgh. But happy I was able to help my film friend to screen write a little for her little film project for school and she praise me which makes me really proud and think maybe I have some potential after all but I am not getting my hopes up yet because I still have a lot to work on. Anyway I am really really sorry guys for the late update and I will try to update on time now that the fanfic is coming to an end. Thanks for the support and take care of yourself guys!! Much thanks and enjoy reading!! :)))