Chapter 39

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

Mina walked in front leading the way and was alone until the rest of the EXO members cheekily push Sehun forward until he is walking beside her. Both of them just look awkwardly at one another before continuing to walk as if it is nothing. Just as Mina is about to turn the corner to another street when she suddenly sees one of her fellow bullies walking along and she is so close to being seen by them and she immediately stop there. Sehun did not notice anything and was just about to carry on walking when Mina stretch out a hand and hold him back. Sehun look at her confused as to what she is doing and asked, “This is the way to the supermarket isn’t it??”

 

By then the rest of her oppas and eonnis have also stopped and were also looking at her, waiting for her explanation. “No it is not that is the correct way to the supermarket… it is just that… i saw my bullies. They are just like there, after that corner and I was so close to being seen by one of them. I cannot let them see you if not they will remember and come after you too. I cannot let that happen I have to do something.”

 

When they heard that, they all start to panic for her!! Why is her bullies appearing at this place and it is pretty near where she lives and now they are worried that they will see her and start bully her once again even though there are so many of them here.

 

“Why are they even here in the first place??” Sooin asked.

 

“That is because this is the place where I always lost them and therefore they will constantly appear here to keep a lookout for me and try to find fault with me immediately when they see me appear.”

 

“What do you think we should do?? It is your call Mina.”  Suho said.

 

“Well… this is the only thing that I can come up with right now and that is we will split up and go different ways. I will make sure to lead them away so that they won’t go after you and after a while we will meet back at the supermarket after I am sure that I have lead them far enough. This is like a game of hide and seek except that my bullies are the seekers and we are the hiders and to win, we have to make sure we are not being found by any of them. When it is safe to return I will contact you so keep a lookout for your handphones. Understand and any questions??”

 

“Omg!! This is suddenly so fun!! I am suddenly tingling with excitement!! Someone help me!!” Baekhyun said and received a glare from Mina.

 

“This reminds me of the last time when we abandon Mina and Sehun to play!! This is going to be so fun I am sure we will win this without any doubt!!” Chanyeol said.

 

“Okay that is good, good. It is good to hear you guys are so enthusiastic about it so I think you all should go on first. I will just keep a lookout for them.” With that they all slowly made their escapes trying not to make as much sound as possible. Mina thought everyone had left until she turn back to check and got a shock when she saw Sehun still standing there.

 

“What do you think you are doing??!! You are suppose to leave with them so why are you still here?? Go on leave now!!”

 

“No I want to stay here with you. I don’t want to leave your side.”

 

“Sehun oppa this is not the time to be doing this. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me so just leave now.” With that Mina start to push Sehun to leave and walk away but he just stood rooted to the ground, no matter how hard she push him, he did not even move a bit.

 

“Like I said I am not leaving. I don’t want to leave you and I also don’t want you to get hurt so I want to stay beside you and protect you. I don’t want to let you go through this alone.”

 

That sentence caught Mina off guard and she could do nothing but to blush at how sweet Sehun is. She wanted to say something but then she don’t know what to say and somehow she cannot seem to find her voice to say it while Sehun just stood there looking at her with teasing eyes.

 

After a while she finally said, “We… Well fine since you don’t want to leave then I guess you could just stand there and look… well… handsome. But ju… just don’t get in my way…” With that she turn away and start to blush harder.

 

Sehun laughed quietly to himself at the sight of Mina being all shy in front of him. How long has it been since he last saw the shy side of Mina and he kind of miss it. He smiled one more time before saying, “Okay then I will just stand here and look handsome like you say but then that is what I am always doing aren’t I?? I mean looking handsome. I look handsome that is why you fall for me didn’t you??”

 

Mina continue to blush and she hit him. “Stop that Oh Sehun!!

 

“Wait are you shy now?? Awww is my Mina shy now?? Come on tell oppa did you like him because he is handsome or is it something else?? hmmm??” Sehun continued to tease and Mina is so shy she don’t even know what to say and Sehun is not giving her any chance and continue to and just then suddenly Mina clasped her hand over his mouth to prevent him from speaking and Sehun is shocked and mumbled beneath her hand asking what is happening, Why is she doing this to me?? Is it to shut him off so that he cannot continue to or something??

 

Mina suddenly looked very alert and serious and she place a finger on her lips and said, “Shhh!! I can hear them coming!! So just keep quiet for a while okay??” Sehun nodded his head and did not struggle anymore as he continue to look at Mina spying at her bullies. Sehun just can’t help himself but to place a kiss on her palm that is covering his mouth because that is so tempting and is like such a sweet thing to do.

 

Mina looked wide eyed in shocked at Sehun when she felt him kissing her palm and Sehun is just smiling cheekily. “Ya Oh Sehun!!” Mina raised her voice and threaten to slap Sehun but Sehun just quickly put a finger to her lips and said, “Shh don’t be so loud!! What if your bullies hear you?? They will come after you and that won’t be nice~~” Mina just stare wide eyed at Sehun,  cannot believe how much of a kid he is behaving now especially when he is smiling happily like a kid and after a while he remove his finger and Mina threaten to bite him which made him jump aside and making Mina laugh.

 

Mina continued to keep a lookout and just then one of the bullies just so happen to be looking the same direction as Mina and Mina thought she might not have seen her as they were quite far away but the next moment she knows, the bullies are already pointing towards this direction and they are slowly coming their way. Mina knew this is bad and she quickly drag Sehun by the arm and walk briskly away. Sehun who is puzzled as to what is happening asked, “What is happening?? Did they notice??” Before Mina can even say anything, the bullies shouted, “There she is!! Dong Mina!! After her right now!!”

 

Mina gave a small scream and immediately grabbed Sehun’s hand and ran as fast as possible and seeing them run, the bullies also started running faster and kept on shouting her name asking her to stop. “If I am to stop here, I will be a freaking idiot.” With that Mina ran even faster than before. She mentally thank herself for constantly making the effort to run when she is free if not she would not have the stamina to run right now. Halfway through the run, she can feel her stamina slowly slipping away but then Sehun is going strong and he started to lead her instead. Somehow seeing him leading her, she felt really safe and she felt as if she can do this all day, just running behind him and looking at his attractive back view.

 

They continue to ran for a while more and just then Sehun tug on her hand and led her into another street and immediately after entering the street, they entered a bookstore there and hide behind one of the shelves there, at the very end, in one of the corner and catch their breaths. They can hear the sounds of the bullies running past the shop and just when Mina and Sehun thought that they had went past, they heard one of them said, “Why don’t we try this book store here?? They might be inside, you never know…” and Mina start to panic and before she knew it she is pressing herself closer to Sehun in order to hide deeper in the store but that cause Sehun to step back and now he is just conveniently leaning against the book shelf. “Oh well I am just going to go in and scan to see if they are inside. Let’s not take any chances.” One of the bullies answered.

 

Mina panic even more and she continued to step backwards until she is press against Sehun and Sehun wrap his arms protectively around her waist and turn her head, who is looking at the direction of the entrance to the store to face him and he softly whispered, “Don’t look. I will protect you.” With that he hid her face in his chest and pat her head gently, trying to comfort her, while Mina tighten her grip on his shirt. They can feel the bully walking closer and closer to them and just when the bully is about to reach the last shelf where they are hiding, the bully suddenly her sixth sense tell her that they are not going to be here and shouldn’t bother wasting her time here and therefore she turn around and said, “I don’t think they are here. It is just too impossible. Let’s just continue on.” With that the rest of the bullies agree with what she said and continue to go forward.

 

Mina and Sehun let out a sigh of relief as they heard that but they continued to stay there longer before they break apart and Mina gave him an awkward smile and said, “I… am just gonna… take a look and see if they are really gone.” and with that she step out of their hiding place and peep out and indeed they are gone and she beckon Sehun to follow her out of the store carefully and walk towards the street that they had came from. Sehun is puzzled as to why they are walking back where they are coming from and so he asked, “Why are we walking back from where we are coming from?? Aren’t you worried that they are going to go back there and we will be walking ourselves into a trap??”

 

“I hardly doubt so they will be back there because I think they would have thought we would have gone very far away from this place and so they won’t come back unless very necessary and therefore they will be aiming their search further away from here, so there shouldn’t be a problem but then we still have to be alert in case I am wrong.”

 

With that they continued on walking and Mina thought she heard the bullies and quickly pulled Sehun into one of the stores and pretended that they are trying out the hats there and instead is peeking around but then it is just her being too sensitive and there were no people at all and she just let out a sigh of relief and was about to walk out of the store when she saw that Sehun had already gotten himself in choosing the hat for real.

 

“Sehun oppa time to go… we cannot stay too long in one place, we have to keep moving.”

 

Just then Sehun look up happily and place a snapback on her head and said, “Why not we get ourselves some disguises?? Like that it will be easier for us to move around too and maybe they won’t notice us?? That will be fun and plus you look good in that snapback.”He smiled happily at her and there is nothing that she can say to stop  him and it seems like a really good idea too and therefore she just allowed him to do it without any complaints. Sehun smiled and happily pick up a matching snapback and wear it on his head and paid for it before leaving the store.

 

What seems like a very serious pursuit by Mina’s bullies have suddenly turn into a shopping trip while they slowly make their way back to the supermarket. After that they went into a store selling sunglasses and they start making each other try out funky sunglasses and laughing at each other and while Mina is trying out that is super oversize and when she turn to show it to Sehun, Sehun quickly snap a photo of her and she saw. “Show me how I look.” While laughing, Sehun pass his phone to show Mina and Mina saw how ridiculous she looked and demand Sehun to immediately delete it but Sehun just continued to laugh and refuse to delete it and so as revenge, she took off that sunglasses and put it on Sehun instead and quickly took out her phone and snap a picture of him and she laugh. “Now we are equal.” She smiled happily and showed it to Sehun.

 

They continued to walk happily down the street, drinking bubble tea, wearing matching snapback and sunglasses and they were nearing the supermarket by now and they are sure that there are no people following at this point of time. Just then Mina is suddenly distracted by a store that is selling very cute soft toys and they are selling the huggable version of Brown, it is the bigger version of what she had at home. This is the one that she had always wanted to get. She happily showed it to Sehun saying, “Omg!! Brown my bae!! I love him so much!! He is so cute ahhhhhh!!” With that Mina starts to shower the bear with bone breaking hugs.

 

Seeing how tight Mina is hugging Brown, Sehun can’t help but get a bit jealous and he starts to pout a little and said, “Do you like Brown more than me??” Mina looked up in shocked at him, seeing how he is pouting and being jealous makes her find him so cute and she pretends to think for a while before saying, “Well… of course I like Brown more!! Yay brown!!” With that she continues to hug brown even harder than before. Sehun gave her a scrowl and stormed out of the store in anger and jealousy. Mina laughed and followed him out.

 

She found him standing a corner and laugh once again before walking towards him and said, “Awww don’t be sad and jealous~~ you know i also like you right?? I like you lots lots~~” Mina said and gave him a super tight hug before letting him go and cheekily continue walking. While looking at Mina, looking at how she had slowly open up to him again, he cannot help but feel very happy and seeing how much she really loves that bear, he secretly took out his phone and took a photo of the shop and also the street so that he can come back and buy that bear to surprise her. He is going to use that bear to officially patch things up with her.

 

Mina continued walking and sensing that Sehun did not catch up with her, she turn back and shouted, “Ya!! What are you doing there?? Come on!!” With that she smiled and as if there is an imaginary string that have tied Sehun to her and she starts to pull that string, pretending to slowly pull him more closer and closer to her and Sehun smile and followed her tactic and walk towards her. When he had reached, she smiled happily to him before starting to walk again.

 

When they reached the supermarket, they contact their respective eonnis and hyungs to come back in their own group chats as it is safe already and just then they see their hyungs and eonnis coming separately. First to arrive was Kuroi and Kris and Mina and Sehun looked in confusion at them as to why they are here alone and where are the rest.

 

“Where are the rest?? Aren’t they with you??” Mina asked.

 

“Oh it was Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s fault because they thought they saw one of your bullies coming our way and in panic, we all ran and we were leading the way, running in front and we thought the rest were following but who knows when we stopped, the rest were nowhere to be found and left only the 2 of us.” Kris explained.

 

“We wanted to find them and was doing so until the both of you contacted us and we just came immediately to reunite with everyone.” Kuroi said.

 

Just then another pair arrived and it is Kyungsoo and Sooin and once again they asked why are they alone and where are the rest.

 

“Well after we lost Kuroi and Kris hyung, the rest of us remaining decided to look for the both of them too but on the way, Sooin and I kept on getting distracted by all the interesting things that they are selling and we were just stopping to look at one and the next thing we know, we are all alone. I think they didn’t notice that we had stopped and just carry on walking or something…” Kyungsoo said.

 

“We tried finding them but it was difficult and halfway through we received your message and here we are instead.” Sooin said. “Although we are a bit reluctant in trying to find them because they are too noisy and attracting too much attention.” and that made everyone else laugh out loud at their comment.

 

“What's so funny?? Tell me tell me!!” Baekhyun shouted as the rest of the members finally approach the supermarket.

 

“Oh it is nothing. Just a little joke between ourselves.” Mina said.

 

“Oh there you are, Kyungsoo and Sooin!! We tried finding you both after we accidentally left you behind. We didn’t know we have left you two behind until a lot later. I guess is the problem of having too many people.” Chanyeol joked.

 

“Since we are all here, why not let’s go in and quickly get all the ingredients that we need for the celebration and leave just before the bullies find us again.” Xiumin said.

 

“If that is the case then let’s split up into 4 teams each with 4 members and different team in charge of different things. So one team in charge of drinks, one team for the meat, one team for the snacks and also one team for the vegetables and all. After we are done, we just meet as the cashier to pay.” Suho suggested.

 

“Okay that’s settled so let’s split up.” Mina said and they all agreed. In the end the group is of follow; Mina, Sehun, Kuroi and Kris in the snacks team. Sooin, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the meat team. Suho, Vannie, Luhan and Chen for the vegetables team. Lastly, Lay, Xiumin, Tao and Kai for the drinks team. After they have settled it, they immediately enter the supermarket and rush to the respective sections as though they are fighting a war.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update today~~ It seems like today is international happiness day so i hope everyone have spend the day in nothing but happinesss~~ I also hereby recommend red velvet's happiness forr everyone to listen to~~ la la la happinesss!! I really love the song and the lyrics is meaningful too and they are just so pretty helps~~ A good news is that I will be doing a double update next week because a special someone's birthday is coming up and I hope everyone knows who i mean hehehehe~~ This chapter is just a little light among the gloom that we are having in this story so I hope you will enjoy~~ Sorry for the late update but I still hope you still enjoy the story!! Thank you and enjoy reading!! :)))