Chapter 46

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Aish… Dad really go overboard in all this… haiz…” Mina grumbled as she entered the apartment that her dad had prepared for her to live in for the next 5 months while she is here in America. The apartment is super big with a living room, a kitchen and 3 big bedrooms. Everything looks so grand and elegant with a full set of see through windows showing a great view of the city. Everything is great but then the place is too big for herself to live alone and it makes her feel oddly lonely by the thought of that. She sigh. She shouldn’t have asked her dad to prepare… She should have known that her dad will go way overboard and prepare much more than she ever needed and things she did not need. She just need a simple place fit for one person and not this fit for a family. She sigh and shakes her head.

 

“You know how your father is like… He just wants to give you the best when ever he have the chance and since he have this chance he cannot leave it like that.” Said the secretary that have been assigned to her to help with the things that she need here in America, including chauffeuring her to her schools and also making sure she won’t run away. They met the moment Mina’s plane landed and upon seeing her, Mina shake her head immediately knowing that her dad had gone overboard in everything.

 

“Haiz… He should really stop with all this…” Mina said and proceed to look at every room and choosing the one that she will stay in and put down her stuff. The secretary smiled at her as she heard what she said. She is starting to like this girl a lot because even though she is from a rich family, she is not like other rich family daughter that she had seen which is spoilt rotten to the core and is very arrogant about anything. Mina is not and she like to take care of others and she is not proud and want things to be simple and only ask for the things she needs. This is something really good to have and she really have been taught well.

 

“Ermm… You should probably choose a room that you want to stay in and get some rest… It must be hard on you. Sorry.” Mina said after coming out of her room and putting down her stuff. She almost forget about her and have carried on with her own stuff and she felt bad.

 

“No it is okay Miss. I am not tired at all. You should be the one that is tired… Thank you for your kind words and I will be taking my rest now. If you need anything, just call me.”

 

“Thanks but before that… Can I ask you to help me do something??”

 

“What is it Miss??”

 

“Firstly… What is your name??”

 

“Sam Subin Miss.”

 

“That’s a nice name. So first thing first Sam Subin ssi, please call me by my name Mina stop calling me Miss. You don’t have to be so formal with me especially when you are older than me.  I should be the one that is being formal to you. Just treat me like a friend okay?? Is that okay Subin eonni??”

 

“Yeah okay Mis.. I mean Mina.”

 

“Great!! Nice to meet you Subin eonni!! I hope through this 5 months we will become really great friends and sorry to trouble you with my academic stuff.”

 

“It is nothing. It is no trouble at all and I am sure we will be good friends~~”

 

“Hehehe thank you so much eonni!!” And Subin was just about to ask Mina something when Mina’s handphone starts ringing and she fished out to see that it is from her dad. Mina smirked to herself and said evilly, “Just the man I am looking for!! I am going to give him a piece of my mind!!” With that she put the phone call on speaker mode and even before her dad can say anything, Mina had already shouted.

 

“Dad!! How could you do something like this?? You have gone way overboard this time with all the arrangements!! I really don’t need this many things and you should really stop with it!! You have to change this!!”

 

Daddy Dong was shocked by the sudden outburst from her daughter and it took him a while to recover from it and replied. “But… But… I just want to give you the best that I could… How can you just reject me like that?? How can you not understand a dad’s heart??”

 

“I of course understand what you mean by giving me all this but then I really do not need so many things and I just feel bad it is just not being used and left there to rot so don’t this anymore okay??”

 

“Fine fine I will try… sobs… By the way how are things there?? Everything okay?? I wanted to go over myself and spend some time with you before your school starts but then I am being tied down by meetings. I am so sorry.”

 

“It is okay dad~~ There are still a lot of chance for us to do that no worries at all~~ Everything is fine here and it is going well so you don’t need to worry about it.”

 

“Okay that’s good to hear. Do make sure you go for class and don’t you dare skip any if not you will get it from me!!”

 

“I know I won’t not especially when you have send Subin eonni to keep an eye on me. But I really won’t since it is something I want to do while I am already given such a wonderful chance.”

 

“Good~~ Well if there is nothing, I am going off now. I still got a lot of things to do, I am so sorry. Take care of yourself and I will hear from you soon~~”

 

“Yeah dad~~ Talk to you soon and have plenty of rests and take care too~~ Bye~~”

 

Mina hang up the call and then she turn towards Subin eonni and said, “I am just going to unpack my things. If you need me I will be in my room then. In the meantime get some rests eonni~~”

 

“I will~~ You too take some rests~~”

 

Mina gave her a bright smile before going into her room again. Once in her room, her smile immediately left her face. She cannot help but to feel very sad since she is away from her friends, her family and Sehun. The smile that she have put on just now is to try to be strong for Subin eonni as she doesn't want her to sense that something is wrong and affect her mood. She doesn’t need another person to come worrying about her. She slowly starts to unpack her bags, placing them at the respective places in the room. Even though she tried to keep herself occupied but she cannot stop her thoughts from drifting away, thinking about what her eonnis are doing and also what Sehun is doing… She miss them a lot, especially Sehun and without warning her tears start flowing down.

 

“Oh Sehun!! Where the hell are you??!!” Suho silently curse as once again he wasn’t able to reach Sehun. He have been calling and calling for numerous times and have searched everywhere that he could have possibly gone to but then he wasn’t able to find him at all. Just then his handphone ring and he fished it out nervously, hoping that it will be Sehun who is calling but instead it is someone else and he let out a sigh before answering.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Suho oppa~~ So how is it have you found him yet??” Kuroi asked. After they have called Suho, Suho decided to go find Sehun but then he have been rather unsuccessful and they were all worried and therefore they decided to come out and find him too.

 

“Nope… I didn’t… How about your side??”

 

“We haven’t been successful but then I got something to say and it is rather important so why not let just leave Sehun to be first. I am sure he needs some time alone too so let’s meet back at our house and also called the rest of the oppas.  I think it is time we let them know what is actually happening and see what solutions we can all come up with to help the both of them.”

 

“Okay then. Let’s do that.”

 

“Okay I will see you there then.” Suho let out a sigh before turning around and walking towards Mina’s house.

 

“What??!! That kind of thing really happen??!!” Baekhyun exclaimed out in surprise.

 

“How?? But that is impossible!! I can’t believe it!!” Tao exclaimed.

 

“We couldn’t believe it either but then when we see how sad the both of them was, we know something went wrong and therefore we need everyone’s help. We need your help to think of a solution to this. Something that can help them both.” Kuroi said.

 

“I understand… how about we just tell Sehun where Mina is and then just leave it to them to settle it themselves??” Lay suggested.

 

“We can’t. Mina’s emotions is not really stable now and if Sehun is go out and surprise her, i don’t know what she will do. I think for now let’s just let them be. They need some time alone to cool down and think things through.” Sooin said.

 

“And with our comeback along the way i don’t think it will be wise for Sehun to do that. We have to think of something else.” Kris said.

 

“Hmmmm… this is difficult.” Tao whined.

 

“I agree~~ I think we should all take a break and watch a movie instead~~” Said Baekhyun who has already settle himself comfortingly on the floor, all relax.

 

“Baekhyun oppa please be serious here and stop joking around. We really need to solve this serious question here.” Vannie scolded lightly.

 

“Ah I got it!!” Suho suddenly exclaimed while everyone is still scolding Baekhyun and that shocked everyone and caused them to look towards Suho to hear what he have to say.

 

“Why not for now, let’s talk to them as much as possible, informing them about what the other party is doing and see how they react to it and from there we think of solutions to help them better!!”

 

“That sounds like a good plan and that might actually work. Good job!!” Kuroi praised.

 

“You really are the brains of the group hahahaha~~” Baekhyun said and everyone laughed. They were just having some light chats around when suddenly they heard the doorbell and Kuroi walk up to it to see who is at the door and she let out a scream before quickly allowing him in.

 

“Ya!! Sehun oppa!! What have you done to yourself?? Why do you smell so strongly of alcohol?? Did you went drinking??!!”

 

Sehun smiled sheepishly and nod his head before starting to shout, “Mina!! Dong Mina!! Come on out wherever you are!! I know you are hiding here somewhere!! You are not gone and you are just bluffing me!! So come on out and let’s talk!!”

 

“Ya!! Lower your voice!! Do you want everyone in the whole wide world to hear us??” Xiumin scolded and hit him lightly.

 

“Where have you been?? We have been trying to find you everywhere!!” Suho scolded.

 

Sehun smile sheepishly and answered, “I have been everywhere~~ Everywhere… everywhere that we have been together…” and tears started glistening in his eyes and start rolling down one by one.

 

Indeed he have been everywhere that they had shared memories of together. The studio that they had classes together, the different roads that they take when they are going home, the roads and shops that they visited while they were being chased by Mina’s bullies and also the restaurants that they went in when they are going to announce their relationships to their hyungs and eonnis. All this little little memories that they have shared together, the happiness that they used to share but now all he seems to feel is just sadness and pain when he is at this places because she is not here anymore. Not here anymore with him, right beside his side, making more memories with him and instead gone, gone somewhere she doesn’t even want to tell him, gone to a place of unknown. He miss her like mad, angry like mad and sad like mad and he cannot stop his tears from rolling and he have to escape from the places filled with their memories to a bar where he drown his sorrow with drinks after drinks. He didn’t remember how he even managed to get to Mina’s house. He just know that, it is the last place that he didn’t visit yet. A house that is filled with their memories and he want to be bask in that happiness again and so he went.

 

“Mina!! Mina!! Where are you??!! Come on out right now!! We need to talk!! Mina!!” Sehun started shouting again, while scanning through the place for sign of Mina and even wanted to advance towards the stairs to go find her upstairs, after not being successful with his search on the first level.

 

The rest of the EXO members tried to stop him and ask him to keep quiet about it but there is still no stopping Sehun when he have already set his mind to do things and therefore they cannot allow him to continue on and so Chanyeol said, “I think we should just bring him home. He is drunk and there is absolutely nothing going into that brain of his and we have to stop him from making so much noise.”

 

“I think you are right.” Suho agreed and then he turn towards Mina’s eonnis and said, “I apologise on behalf of Sehun for making so much noise at your house. We will bring him home now and just let him get some sleep. If there is anything, let’s talk on another day then. In the meantime we just follow the plan that we had.”

 

“Nah it is nothing. Just get him home safely. We will follow the plan and see what results we can get and then we will inform you. Take care of yourselves.” Kuroi said.

 

“Thank you~~ We will take care and we will come here and play soon~~ Bye~~” Kai waved happily, before going over to help get the drunk Sehun into the car. It took them most of their strengths to get him in.

 

“For a drunk person, he sure is very strong.” Kai said while panting and the rest of them laughed.

 

It took them a lot of strength to get him into the shared room of Sehun and Suho’s while having to constantly listen to him whine and look for Mina. When they finally put in on his bed, his hands reach out to Brown the bear and hugged it tightly to himself while sobbing softly into it. They sigh while looking at the sight of him behaving like this and they shake their heads, feeling sad for him. After a while, Suho dismissed all of them back to their rooms to get some rest as it is getting late.

 

Suho sigh and look at the now asleep Sehun, who doesn’t look happy even though he is in his dreams. He reach out slowly and pat him gently on the head while thinking of what they can do to help them further.

 

1 month have past since Mina have left and in this one month, Sehun hasn’t been doing much everyday, except moping around in sadness and just kept on looking at the bear and nobody can understand what he is thinking. Even though he goes for schedules and practice hard as usual, but then he just seems different. He doesn’t smile as much as he used to, and only does when needed and doesn’t open up to people and most of the time he just kept to himself. During this period he also sent lots and lots of messages and call Mina numerous times but then they were all not answered and that made him even more depressed than usual. His hyungs tried to talk to him but he just shut them out all the time and not listen to what they have to say.

 

The people around him, apart from his hyungs, also sense that something is wrong with him and every  time they ask him, Sehun just said nothing but then he just continues to be moody for not just one day but for continuous weeks. His hyungs are really worried about him especially when he comes home much more often being drunk beyond words, which is something that he never do before. They want to help him but he just keeps pushing them away and they do not know what to do.

 

On the other hand, Mina have been really busy with her classes as even though it is a short term course, there is still a lot of things that need to be done and handed up for grading in order to pass the course with flying colours. 5 days a week, she have to take a few hours of classes in both composing and business, business in the morning and then composing in the afternoon. Even though it is good that she have something to keep herself occupied and her mind occupied and not let all the sad things affect her but it gets hard at night when everything is quiet and her thoughts just start coming out to haunt her. That caused her to lose sleep and sometimes ending up crying herself to sleep.

 

She miss her besties. Miss them a lot and also she felt guilty for leaving without telling Sehun a thing especially when she sees the amount of miss calls and messages he have sent that she did not have the heart or the courage to open it and look through it. That broke her heart and she misses him like mad but then it also reminds her of all the things, the sad things that had happened between them and it hurts.

 

Weekends are a lot bearable for her because she will take some time out from all her homeworks and just enjoy some walks, touring around the country with Subin eonni. Most of the time Mina wanted to go alone, but Subin eonni is too worried about her safety and refused to let her go alone even when she just need some time by herself. Every walk will bring them to a different attraction and the attractions will momentarily clear her mind on all the sad thoughts and negativity, making her mood better. She also get to spend some time with Subin eonni and bond with her. She have been really thankful to her for being by her side no matter what. She knows that Subin eonni can sense that she is not in a very good mood and how she always wake up with swollen eyes for crying too much the night before and Subin eonni knows roughly what is going on but then she did not ask about it and that is very nice of her and also minding her own business and not telling her dad about it. She felt really grateful to her and therefore she treat her extra well.

 

Despite her busy schedules, Mina also took some time to chat online with her besties, doing video calls and chatting. Today was just one of the another few video calls that they frequently do and they were just updating on each other’s life when Kuroi suddenly asked, “How… are you coping with what happen between Tae In and Sehun??”

 

That question shocked Mina and had caught her unattended and even after a long while, she did not reply, but instead just keep on looking down, not answering the question. Seeing her not answering, Kuroi have no choice but continued, “Well… I heard that Sehun oppa… he did not have such a good time… he keeps shutting himself away from everyone and moping over you. He doesn’t smile as much as usual and everyone is really worried about him… Shouldn’t you do some…”

 

Even before Kuroi can finish her sentence, Mina have put both hands over her ears, covering them, trying to block out all the things that her eonni is trying to tell her. “Please stop… Please I don’t want to hear what and how he is behaving and how is he. Please if you guys are going to talk about this then let’s not chat anymore.” And with that she immediately went offline, causing her eonnis to just stare at the chat blankly. After a while Vannie finally said sadly, “Did we went too far by talking about Sehun again??”

 

“No… I don’t think so… I think it is just that we have jump into things too fast… Maybe we should have just take it slow and wait a while longer before we talk about it again…” Kuroi replied.

 

“I hope she is okay…” Sooin mumbled worriedly.

 

The words kept on ringing in Mina’s head no matter how hard she wants to forget about it. The words make her very guilty. She is the one that caused Sehun to be like that, to be not himself anymore. How can she be so cruel, how can she make such a happy man become someone like this. She cannot stop her tears as she break down and cried loudly, not caring if anyone is going to hear her. She just wants to let everything out and she continuously mumbled “Sehun oppa I am so sorry” over and over again like a chant. She is such an evil person, maybe such an evil person like her should not deserve Sehun. Maybe… just maybe she should let Sehun free… let him go… and let him be happy again. Being with her will not bring him any happiness. With that thought she cried even harder than before.

 

Subin eonni was at her door, happily thinking of asking her out to try out some of the famous cafes nearby but when she heard her crying out like that, all her happiness and smiles disappear. She have never hear her cry like that before and that kind of cry is so full of pain and sadness that it is unbearable to listen to without wanting to break down together with her. Subin wanted to barge into her room and comfort her but then she knows that Mina don't want anyone to see her like this and therefore she pretended not to know anything and walk away back into her room,  leaving Mina to cry again and again.

 


ho ho ho~~ special update for my bias number 3's birthday today~~ Happy birthday to my awesome bias number 3 Ooh Sehun~~ The main character of my very first fanfic, a very important character that I hope I have developed well through this 46 chapters hahaha~~ no words can describe how much i love you as a person, be it your personality, the things you say, your handsome features and body damnn~~ You always bring me so much laughter and joy just by seeing you and your updates that always make me go crazy without fail~~ Even though you are always very sassy and behaves like a brat but underneath it all, you are a very sweet maknae that cares a lot about people and that is something very sweet of you~~ In this upcoming days, I just hope that you will continue to be yourselff~~ Yasss Sassy Sehun for the win hahaha~~ okay back~~ I wish that you can do more of the things you want to do and I hope i get to see more of singing and actor Hun on all media screens and hopefully a poet hun too hahaha and also continue to create more trendy words for us hahaha~~ Hope that you will continue to smile a lot as I love your smile way too much and through this year I hope all your wishes will come true~~ You have grown into a fine young man and no words can describe how proud I am of you~~ I hope you have enjoy your day always remember that you are love and always will be~~ thank you for everything baby and I love you~~

 

Thank you Papa and Mama Oh for raising such a wonderful child and giving us the chance to love and care for him~~ Take care everyone and sadly this is a sad Sehun chapter... and not a happy one sighh... oh well... enjoy reading everyone!! :)))

Btw congrats my cnblue babies for  love love love and so proud of them helpsss~~ :)))