Chapter 20

Wrong Star, Right Prize

Mina woke up to see that everything around her is in total darkness and she suddenly notice how late it already is. She sat there for a while before she reach up and turn on the light switch to her room. She look around her room and she no sign of Sehun and she wanted to sulk in sadness and that is when suddenly she sees a post it note being stick onto bedside table. She took it and read it and can’t stop the sides of turning up into a smile. It is being left by Sehun and he wrote something like this:

 

To: Our maknae Mina

By the time you wake up, I would have already left. So sorry to leave without telling you a single word because you were so sound asleep and I just couldn’t bring myself to wake you up. I was being called back to the company for some meeting so please take care of yourself and I will drop you a message later once I am done. I trust you won’t do something stupid since you haven’t seen your f(x) eonnis and thank the handsome me for taking care of you so take care and speed recovery!!

 

From: the handsome Sehun

 

Mina laugh after reading his little note as it is both sweet yet funny at how he just self praise himself like it is nothing. She smile and stick the post it back onto her bedside table before deciding to wash up and maybe get herself something to eat before taking her medicines.

 

She walk towards the bathroom and was just about to open the bathroom door before she sees something sticking on the door to the bathroom. It was another post it being left by Sehun.

 

To: Mina

Figure out you would want to take a bath after a long day so i stick a post it here to remind you to be careful when you are bathing especially when you are still weak. Use hot water to wash up so that you will feel better and more relax after it. Oh yeah I notice that you are wearing something that belongs to me hehehehehe~~ Don’t worry you look good in it so you don’t have to give it back to me~~ Just keep it and wear it. Enjoy your bath~~

 

From: Sehun oppa~~

 

Mina smiled even more happily than before but was puzzled by one sentence in his note. “i am wearing something that is his?? How can that be?? He must be teasing me oh well.” With that Mina shrug it off and entered the bathroom. She is just starting to take off her clothes and after she took off her first layer of clothes, she looked at it and said, “This cardigan… hmmm… it looks like it belongs to someone else…” With that her mind started to process who could it be and suddenly she let out a scream!!

 

“OMG!! THIS CARDIGAN BE… BELONGS TO SE… SEHUN!! NOW I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT BY THAT SENTENCE OMG!! I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT THE WHOLE DAY!! SIGH SIGH THIS IS SO AWKWARD!!”

 

Mina started to scream around and only after a long while before she manage to calm down and sigh.

 

“Oh well it is not like i can do anything now…” she sigh and just continue with her bath. The hot water manage to calm her down and makes her feel so much better, making her momentarily forget about the incident. After bathing, she went to the kitchen to get herself something to eat and she found another post it note by Sehun.

 

To: Minnie

I guess you have figured out what I mean by you are wearing something that is mine and I believe you will find it very awkward right now but it is okay. Don’t put it too heart. Plus there is some left over porridge that I have cook from lunch so just heat it up and eat and i have also place the medicines on the dining table so please remember to eat it after dinner. Please eat something and also remember to take the medicines even if they are yucky. Take care and enjoy your meal~~

 

From: Hunnie oppa~~

 

“Haiz… how can he know me so well… sigh… oh well… let me just heat up my food.” With that she turn on the stove and slowly heat up the food, and got herself a drink while she waits. She zones out for a while before getting back and switch off the stove. She carefully bring the pot to the table and ate. As she is feeling a lot better so her appetite became better and within minutes she had already finish the whole pot of porridge. Feeling contented and full she took the plates to wash it up before going back to the dining table and took her medicines. “Still yucky.”

 

She shook her head and feeling more awake than ever she decided to go to the living room to watch something. Just when she is about to switch on the tv with the remote, she saw a post it pasted on it by Sehun.

 

To: Maknae ya~~

Hey hey are you thinking of watching the tv??!! You should have some more rest whenever you can but i think you must be really awake so much you wanted to waste some time and watch some tv programmes. Hmmm even though I am angry that you are going to do that but I will just forgive you this once  because I am really nice. They are showing a rerun of the variety show that you are watching this afternoon and i thought maybe you want to continue with it to see what happen since you kind of enjoyed it. I have already change it to the channel for you so you just need to switch on the tv. Oh and don’t push yourself too hard and if you want to sleep, just go back to your bedroom to sleep if not you will get a cold again and I am not here to be your personal carrier to  carry you back to your room or take care of you so watch out and I will check on you later~~ Enjoy yourself~~

 

From: Sehun ya~~

 

Mina smiled and mentally said thank you to him before she switch on the tv to see her variety show and it immediately captured all of her attention. After having a good laugh, her show ended and just then her phone started to announce, “you have a message please readeuuu~~” She found her phone and saw that she has a message and it is from Sehun.

 

oohsehun: Just finish my meeting and also i think the variety show just ended so how are you feeling?? Feeling better?? Did you take your medicines??

 

MinaDong: Yup I am feeling much better now thanks to you~~ Thank you so much for taking care of me.

 

Sehun smiled at her reply. He had been so worried about her throughout the whole meeting and he can’t stop wondering if she have taken her medicines, or if she had eaten and if she is taking enough rests and so when the meeting ended, he immediately took out his phone and drop her a message and was really happy that she replied fast. The other members notice and was wondering why Sehun is smiling to himself while looking at his phone and also throughout the whole meeting he seems distracted.

 

“I wonder who is he talking to…” Baekhyun said.

 

“Maybe we should go take a peek~~” Chen suggested and they nodded as they silently creep closer to Sehun. Sehun who was too busy replying messages to Mina to even notice.

 

oohsehun: it is good to hear you feeling much better. I was really worried. Worried that you couldn’t take care of yourself or forgot to eat something or take your medicines.

 

MinaDong: Aiya how can you look down on me like that?? hahahaha~~ Anyways thank you for worrying about me and I know how to take care of myself especially when I know I am sick, i will definitely eat something so that I can recover faster and especially with all your post its around to remind me of what to do, i definitely didn’t forgot. It is all thanks to you.

 

Sehun was about to type a reply when Baekhyun suddenly said out loud, “ohhh!! Someone has been talking to Mina~~ No wonder he seems so distracted while at the meeting~~ Someone has been really worried about Mina~~ How sweet is that helps.”

 

“Aishhh hyung!! She i.. is our maknae and her eonnis have asked me to take care of her so it is my responsibility to make sure she is okay. That’s all.”

 

“i see… really is that all?? Then why is your face so red then?? Is there more than meets the eyes??” Baekhyun continued to .

 

“Ahhhh hyung!!”

 

“But then it isn’t nice of you to talk to Mina alone like that… we want to talk to her too~~” Chen said with a pout.

 

“You can’t keep her all to yourself~~ i am going to message her!!” With that Baekhyun took out his phone and started to message her.

 

“Hyung!! Don’t disturb her!! She is sick you know and she should get some rest already!!” Sehun said.

 

“How nice of you to protect her like that~~ But you don’t need to worry I am just going to ask her how is she feeling… nothing else.” With that Baekhyun sent a message to Mina.

 

Baekhyunee_exo: Hello Mina~~ i couldn’t stand it when Sehun message you alone without asking me to join… I was so sad… sobs so i decided to drop you a message here~~ How are you feeling Mina??

 

oohsehun: Aish hyung stop it!!

 

Mina on the other who was waiting for Sehun’s reply saw another message from their composing group, she decided to open up and see what is going on and she saw what Baekhyun had sent and she really wanted to mental breakdown. She just sigh and started to reply them.

 

MinaDong: I am feeling so much better. Thanks for asking and Sehun is just worried about me and since my eonnis personally ask him to do it so he feels that it is his responsibility to do so… so stop disturbing him!!

 

Baekhyunee_exo: fine fine~~ why are you getting so work up for?? I will stop I wouldn’t want to get on the nerves of a girl that is sick…

 

MinaDong: Aishhh oppa!!

 

Baekhyunee_exo: but it is so weird to see Sehun care so much about someone… you should see how distracted he is during the whole meeting. He is practically hoping for the meeting to end. He is so weird…

 

oohsehun: Hyung!!

 

Leader_Suho: Guys stop it~~ How are you feeling??

 

MinaDong: much much better after the medicines and lots of rests~~

 

Galaxy_fanfan: that’s good to hear we have all been really worried about it when we first heard about it.

 

Real_pcy: but then not as worried as Sehun is~~ he practically rush out of the house when he heard it and we had to try to calm him down hahahaha~~

 

DoKyungsoo: so Mina are you coming to class on Saturday??

 

MinaDong: i should be going since I should be fine by then.. why??

 

DoKyungsoo: nothing just asking.

 

zyxzjs: i think i should use my healing skills to make you recover faster~~ chu chu~~

 

MinaDong: hehehehehe thanks Lay oppa~~ with your powers I am sure I am going to recover immediately~~

 

7_luhan_m: it is late i think we should let Mina go to bed now so she can rest well and recover by Saturday.

 

xiumin90: yes we should~~ have a good rest Mina~~

 

hztttao: mei mei have a good rest and have a good dream~~

 

ChennieChenChen: remember to dream of Sehun hehehehe~~

 

MinaDong: Ya Chen oppa!! Stop teasing me~~ thank you so much oppas~~ Have a sweet dream too and rest well~~ ☺☺

 

With that the conversation ended and she was just about to head up to her room when her phone starts to announce an incoming message. She looked at her phone to see Sehun hs drop her a message separately.

 

oohsehun: I am so sorry that you have to go through that… I didn’t mean to but Baekhyun hyung accidentally saw it. I hope it doesn’t stress you too much and make you feel worse.

 

MinaDong: it is okay. You are worrying too much. I am use to it by now and they are just showing that they care and so I won’t go stressing over this, not something that i will put to heart.

 

oohsehun: phew. That is good to hear. I really shouldn’t hold up on your rest time. Have more rest today and keep yourself warm. If you don’t feel well, just get up and eat some medicines. Have plenty of water. Sleep well and sweet dreams~~

 

MinaDong: thank you so much for all your care~~ i really cannot thank you enough. You too have a sweet dream and rest well~~ you should be more tired than me since you have to take care of me and go back for a meeting. Have a good rest.

 

With that Mina slowly walk up to the bathroom to wash up and just before she went back to her room, she went around the house and collected all the post its notes that Sehun had left for her. She took it all to her room and as she lie down on her bed, she took all the notes and read through it again before putting them safely in the drawer on her bedside table. She look up at the ceiling and her mind starts to wonder about what the exo members have kept telling her recently, about how Sehun has been behaving strangely, caring about her and getting worried about her, taking so much care of her.

 

“Don’t tell me he also has feelings for me??” Mina thought but she immediately shake her head violently and said, “that is impossible. he is just worried about me because my eonnis ask him to look after me and I am her dongsaeng so he is more worried. Haiz… it just me being selfish thinking that he will have feelings for me like how i have feelings for him… sigh… Let’s not think about it anymore…” with that she slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

Sehun on the other hand is also lying on his bed, thinking about how he has been behaving rather strangely around Mina and how he just can’t seem to stop worrying about her when she is sick and how he feels so happy to be around her, wanting to do things for her, things that he had never done before.

 

“Sigh what is happening to me?? Am i developing feelings for her but that isn't possible right?? Maybe i just like her as a sister and want to protect her but then why does my heart hurts when i see her suffering, how my heart can’t stop beating around her and the feels to kiss her so bad. Haiz… am i really falling for her?? But will she feel the same way towards me?? I don’t know… what are all this feelings haiz…” He continued to toss and turn for a while and only after a long while before he finally fell asleep.

 

The next morning, Mina woke up feeling almost better after all the medicines and rests and also someone’s loving care. Her fever is gone and her nose is still a bit runny but it is better than yesterday. She started to feel for her phone to check the time and she found it and unlock her phone to see that she has a message. She press on it to see that it is from Sehun.

 

oohsehun: hi~~ i hope you have a good sleep yesterday night. I just want to ask if you are feeling better after the rest and hopefully you are. Hope I can see you tomorrow at class cause we will be having schedules for the whole day today. It is a nice day today and I hope you will enjoy your day~~

 

Mina smiled happily, making her eyes disappear in the process. She sigh and said, “It is good to wake up to such sweet messages every morning but of course it is not possible but for today i shall just enjoy it!!” With that Mina read it a few more times before replying.

 

MinaDong: Hi~~ I am feeling so much better already even though my nose is still a bit runny but as compared to yesterday, I am much better. Thank you for asking. I am sure I will be able to make it to class tomorrow. Work hard for your schedules today and give it your best shot~~ All the best and good luck!! I will see you tomorrow!!

 

Sehun smiled happily to himself even though the thoughts from previous night have left him really really confused about his feelings towards her but then this morning when he wake up, he couldn’t help himself from worrying about her again and immediately send her a message to ask how is she. Seeing that she is feeling so much better, he feels really happy too and he couldn’t stop smiling to himself and throughout the day he kept on smiling and thinking about how it is such a good timing to be alive. He was being oddly nice to everyone, offering help here and there and he is in such a happy mood that everything around him feels so extra good too and nothing seems to be stopping him from feeling happy. His hyungs see him behaving all weird again and being so friendly all of a sudden makes them feel that something is definitely wrong and something must have cause him to behave like this but they never say anything but just continue to observe him in his own happy bubble.

 

Mina on the other hand was also feeling over the moon because of Sehun’s message. She is already recovering well as she constantly remind herself to take medicines and also her eonnis also call back and message her to ask her how is she.

 

Kuroi: How are you feeling our nae nae ya??  

 

MinaDong: I am feeling so much better~~ But why do you keep calling me nae nae?? What does it means??

 

Kuroi: it just short form of maknae. I just call you nae nae. So did you enjoy the little surprise I did for you??

 

MinaDong: OMG EONNI WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE THAT?? It WAS SO SHY AND SO OVERWHELMING FOR ME!! YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOO GOING TO GET IT FROM ME WHEN YOU ALL COME BACK!!!

 

Sooin: Ermm actually it is all Kuroi eonni’s fault since she is the oldest and she decided to do it so we just play along…

 

Vannie: I am innocent… don’t blame mee…

 

Kuroi: but i am sure you totally enjoy it~~ Just tell us all about it~~ I am sure I make a pretty good matchmaker~~

 

MinaDong: Ya!!! Eonni!!

 

Sooin: i am kind of curious too so tell me more about it~~

 

Vannie: me too me too~~

 

MinaDong: fine eonnis…With that she proceed to tell them all that had happen when they are gone including how he care for her and all the things he went out of his way to do it for her.

 

Ya… and i think i have feelings for him and it is even worse after all this sighh… my love for him just keeps growing sigh…

 

Kuroi: Awwww that is so sweet~~ he is so sweet to you helpss~~ I know I made a good choice in asking him to come~~ but I also know why you felt so awkward because you have feelings for him~~ Am I right??

 

MinaDong: i didn’t know you guys are going to do that to me… if i have known i should have tell you all that I kind of like him…

 

Sooin: actually we have known that you have feelings for him for a long time but we just didn’t say it out and want you to notice it yourself.

 

Vannie: but i guess it is good… at least you get to enjoy some time alone with him and enjoy him taking care of you~~

 

MinaDong: but then i have been trying to keep my feelings under control since I know we are from different worlds and I don’t know if he likes me like I do so i have been really torn lately and things aren’t getting any better especially with my feelings growing more and more day by day. I really don’t know what to do anymore…

 

Kuroi: sigh that is sad but i guess for now just let everything go with the flow… i am sure everything will work out for you…

 

MinaDong: ya that is what I am doing for now but eonni don’t think you are getting away for doing this to me~~ as punishment you need to get me more souvenirs!!

 

Kuroi: fine fine don’t worry we will~~

 

MinaDong: thank you for everything even though you guys set me up with Sehun but I am still really thankful. At least i know i get to enjoy a bit before i know everything is impossible.

 

Kuroi: you are welcome~~  we know you won’t have the courage to do it so we kind of help you and plus the situation kinds of allow so we did it. Happy that you enjoyed it for a while but i believe everything will be okay. Just give it some time. Sometimes time is just what we need and time will solve everything.

 

MinaDong: thanks eonni~~ i miss you guys~~

 

Kuroi: but sadly i don’t miss you i am having so much fun here!!

 

Sooin: aiyo stop disturbing her~~

 

Vannie: she is saying we miss you too~~ hope to see you soon~~

 

Kuroi: yada yada~~ fine i think we should sleep as it is getting late. We need to let Mina rest well so she can go for work tomorrow. Rest well and speed recovery!! See you soon~~

 

MinaDong: nights my eonnis~~ sweet dreams and bring back all my gifts!!!

 

With that Mina went back into her room, feeling drowsy even though she didn’t do much and she fell into a deep sleep.

 


ho ho ho I am back with another update!! Updating it today instead of tomorrow is because I will be going on a short vacation from tomorrow onwards and won't be back until 24 December and I won't want to leave without updating anything so I brought the updating forward just for this week!! No worries I will be back next week for a Christmas Special update~~ During this period when I am away, it will be good if you guys can update me on exo and cnblue related stuff hehehehe if it is not taxing on you guys and I will appreciate it a lot. Also please continue to support my fanfic and also continue reading it hehehehe!! I will be leaving now to get some work done before I leave for my short vacation. Have fun during this vacation and enjoy yourself and also not forgeting to support my fanfic!! Thanks everyone and enjoy reading!! :))))