Chapter 58

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Seriously though where did all my eonnis and Kris oppa went?? How can they just sneak out like that without telling me anything?? Don’t they know that I will get worried or something??” Mina grumbled as they make their way out to the living room after lunch. “It is just so not like them to do something like this.”

 

“Maybe they just want to let us have some alone time, well just for the three of us and they didn’t want to interrupt us or anything so they just left. They probably know that you will understand why they do the things that they do.” Sehun comforted.

 

“You are right. I shouldn’t be thinking so much into this…”

 

“Yup so aren’t you the one that suggested that we watch a movie or something so relax and let’s choose a movie instead.”

 

“Okay I want to watch this!! This one is really interesting!! I want to watch it again!!”

 

“Okay whatever you like then. I will just go set it up.” Sehun said before going to the TV to pop the CD in while Mina and her dad settle themselves comfortably on the sofa. After starting the movie, Sehun also came to sit down on the sofa. So now the sitting arrangement is a little like the two guys are sitting at the side while Mina is stuck in between the both of them.

 

At the start of the movie, everyone is very engrossed in the whole plot and action, wondering what is going to happen next but then halfway through, Mina starts to get very tired and it must be the lunch that is making her sleepy because she had eaten more than what she had normally do as the food is too good and the food coma is really strong. She tried to keep herself awake but then it is turning out more difficult than ever so in the end, she gave in to the sleepiness and just slept on the sofa. Nobody notices anything at first, not until Mina’s head slowly starts to move more and more to the left hand side and eventually landed on someone’s shoulder.

 

After dating Mina, it had become Sehun’s habit to constantly take care of Mina and look at her to make sure that she is okay or anything and attending to her needs or just to observe her, observe the expressions that she have on her face when she is doing something because her expression is always the cutest.

 

As usual during the movie, he is just turning his head over to check on Mina when he sees that she has fallen fast asleep and using his shoulder as a pillow. He smile gently at her while patting her head gently before adjusting his position so that it will be more comfortable for Mina to sleep in. After everything feels okay, then Sehun return his eyes back to the TV screen and continue with the rest of the movie.

 

“Hmmm… the movie is really good. So glad I am able to watch it.” Daddy Dong said. He had been really engrossed in the movie that he did not know what is happening around him all the time. Not until now as he turn towards the other two as he speaks and that is when he saw that Mina is fast asleep and is using Sehun’s shoulder as a pillow.

 

Seeing her sleep, Daddy Dong consciously wonder if he had been too loud just now and might have disturb her sleep but seeing how she did not move at all, it seems like it is a good sign but then he took a note to lower his voice when he speaks so as not to really wake her up.

 

“When did she fell asleep??” Daddy Dong asked. His voice dropping to a mere whisper.

 

“About halfway through the movie… I guess she must have been really tired to have fall asleep like that…”

 

“That’s sad… She missed out on so many good parts of the movie.”

 

“It is okay… She watch it before already… Plus if she wants, she is the type that will go and rewatch it again when she is free so you don’t have to worry about it.”

 

“Ayee… How did you know she watch it before already??”

 

“She mention it just now while we are all choosing the movies just now…”

 

“You actually paid attention to what she said just now??!! Wow!! I am so embarrassed because even though I did listen to what she is saying but then I couldn’t remember what she had said just now. You are really good.”

 

“Ahh… really…?? I didn’t notice it myself too… It is just that after dating Mina, I realise I start to listen and pay attention to her a lot so as time goes by, it becomes a habit so every time she speaks, I will immediately listen out to see if she needs anything that I can help with or saying something important about herself that I do not know of and all this are important in getting to know her more especially when she is not the type of person to reveal herself so easily. So i guess unconsciously, I just remember the things she say to me more easily. I think she really train me well on that.” Sehun said while looking lovingly at the sleeping Mina who is still deep in her sleep.

 

“You make me feel as if I have failed as her father. Even though I get to spend more time with her but then all this… well I have did nothing but neglect her until very recently we manage to patch things up but even so, sometimes I also didn’t really pay attention to what she says so seeing you like this, really makes me feel like I need to reflect how I am treating her. No wonder even though we have patch up but then it feels as if we have a certain distance between us. I envy you both.” Daddy Dong said while smiling gently at Sehun before sighing and look down.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. It is not too late to start from now. There is still time for it. Just make sure that from now on, just pay more attention to what she is speaking from now on because the things she say will reveal a lot of hints about herself and that will help you to know her more. I think if you were to do that, she will also be happier.”

 

“Thank you. I can see why Mina likes you now…” Daddy Dong smiled gently at him.

 

“Huh??”

 

“I mean I think we should bring Mina back to her room and let her sleep better, if not she is going to wake up with a neck pain. You can carry her.” Daddy Dong said before leading the way.

 

Sehun is still trying to comprehend the sentence that Daddy Dong had just said. What does he mean by it… when he said that he finally sees how Mina likes him?? It sounds like a good news because it seems like Daddy Dong is finally seeing things the way that Mina did so maybe he will start to accept him like Mina did?? He suddenly feel very hopeful at this and happy. But then this is not the time to be thinking about this right now because he have a more important task at hand and that is to send Mina back to her room to sleep.

 

He gently remove her head from his shoulder and let it rest on the sofa before standing up and stretch and then carry her up bridal style up to her room. Carrying her like this reminds him of all the memories that they had shared in the past where he used to carry her home all the time because she always fall asleep on him. He smile as he sees how she snuggled closer to him, trying to find a more comfortable spot in his arms to continue her sleep. Seeing her like this, just makes him feel that he can carry her for as long as ever and will never be tired of it.

 

He safely brought her to her room to see that Daddy Dong had already made the bed for her. He gently placed her on the bed and Daddy Dong helped to tuck her in. They both stand aside looking at Mina sleep before Daddy Dong went to sit at her bed and her hair lovingly for a while before standing up and turn to look at sehun and said, “Thank you for helping me get her up here. I will just leave you with her for a while but no funny business because if I know, i will personally skin you alive and make sure you never ever see Mina again, is that clear??”

 

“Yes I understand uncle. Thank you so much for giving me some alone time with her…”

 

“It is nothing, I am just feeling really kind today. Well come on down when you are done.” Daddy Dong said before exiting the room.

 

Sehun stared at Daddy Dong as he leave the room, and can’t help but to wonder why is Daddy Dong being so kind to him today?? “Everything is just so weird… Is he finally seeing the light as to finally accepting him or something??”

 

Sehun shake his head, trying to forget about it as this is not the main point for now as he turn back to look at Mina and sit down on her bed, watching her sleep. He gently reach out to her hair brushing it out of her face so that he can watch her sleeping face more clearly. There is just no words to describe as to how much he love her sleeping face and just then he remembered that time where he had taken care of her when she is sick and at that time, he is doing the same thing as he is now and he remembered how he thought he was a ert just because he suddenly found her lips to be so kissable.

 

“Maybe at that point of time, I must have already love you and have fallen for your charms…” Sehun smiled gently as he continued to her hair.

 

Once again he cannot help himself but to stare at MIna’s distinctive features and once again stopped at her lips. Her lips are still as kissable as ever and he suddenly have the urge to kiss her again.

 

“Well… if I kiss her this time, I won’t be treated like a ert right… I mean I am just showing her affection as a boyfriend… aren’t I?? Should be okay right??” Sehun mindlessly mumbled to himself and he turn back to look at Mina and suddenly he felt as if there is a strange force of attraction pulling him towards her. So without warning, he lean in and place a soft gentle kiss on her soft lips. He didn’t know what happen, not until he pull away then he realised what he had done. He blush and look away before smiling shyly to himself.

 

“Well… what is done is done…. Anyway sleep well my sleeping beauty~~ Come back to my side when you wake up~~” Sehun said while her hair and lean in to land another kiss on her forehead before leaving the room.

 

In her sleep, she don’t know whether she is dreaming or is she in reality because it feels like she is in reality but somehow she isn’t sure. In her dream, she can see that Sehun is sitting beside her on her bed, speaking to himself and then suddenly everything went black and she felt something warm press on her lips, making her lips feel all warm after that. It felt like a kiss and she doesn’t know if it is real or not but she know it is from Sehun and that make her feel really in bliss and she started to smile lightly at the thought of that in her suppose dream. What Sehun didn’t notice is that right after he left the room, a small smile appeared on Mina’s face as she continued to sleep.

 

“Sorry I have something to attend to so I am leaving first.” Sehun said as he entered the living room. On his way down he received a message from Suho where they are urgently called back for a meeting and he had to leave immediately. Even though he wanted to spend more time here to bond with Daddy Dong as they are making really good progresses and also wait for Mina to wake up and spend more time with her but then urgent matters need to be settled and he can’t be so irresponsible at this.

 

“So early… I was just thinking of asking you to stay longer and play for a while more and go back after you have dinner or something… but of course work is more important and you have to responsible so just go…”

 

“Ermmm… you will help to tell Mina right?? And explain things to her… I mean I hate to leave her without informing her anything and then making her worried because I just disappear like that…”

 

“Don’t worry I will tell her about it. Just go on with your work.”

 

“Okay then. Thank you so much for your help.” Sehun said and Daddy Dong stood up from the sofa and walk Sehun to the door to send him off.

 

“Well I had a lot of fun today uncle and I learnt a lot from you. I will see you soon.” Sehun said and gave him a bow.

 

Suddenly Daddy Dong look a bit awkward and feels as if he wants to say something and he open his mouth a few times but nothing came out. Sehun stood there, paying full attention as to what he is going to say and after taking a deep breathe, he finally said, “Well if you are free, come over and play just before I leave Korea.” He said that in one breathe and Sehun wasn’t able to catch much of it and he went, “Huh?? Sorry I didn’t catch what you said…”

 

Daddy Dong glare at him. It took him so much courage to finally say that out and only to get him to say that he didn’t manage to catch what he said. He suddenly feel like hitting him so bad and Sehun at the same time also feel really bad as he can feel his anger and he feel like digging a hole and hide himself. Daddy Dong sigh and calm himself down before saying again, “I said… If you are free, come over and play before I leave Korea and if your other group mates are free… ermm… well just bring them over too and we can have some fun together… or something…”

 

Sehun is really shocked to hear that because Daddy Dong just openly invite him over to play and he is so happy as if he is on cloud 9. This is such a major breakthrough in his attempt to bond well and get on good terms with him and in his happiness, he didn’t think so much and immediately pull him into a hug, shocking Daddy Dong.

 

“Thank you thank you!! No words can describe how happy I am right now!! Thank you!!” Sehun said happily as he hugged Daddy Dong and he is still smiling widely as he released him but then when he sees how dark Daddy Dong’s face is, he quickly wipe off the smile that is still plastered on his face and apologise.

 

Daddy Dong sigh and mumbled to himself, “What had I gotten myself into…” He looked up to see Sehun’s eager face staring straight at him and so he cleared his throat and said with a tone of seriousness in him, “Well even though I invite you over to play but that doesn’t mean that I have accept you. It just means that I need more observations on how good you are of a person before I make up my mind as to accept you or not. I have to make sure that anyone that wants to date my daughter have to go through me first. So don’t be too happy just yet.”

 

“Yes uncle. I will work harder.”

 

“Good. Well didn’t you say you got work?? Well better get going fast if not you are going to be late and that won’t be nice so go on~~” Daddy Dong said while giving him a pat on the back, urging him to go.

 

“Yes uncle. I will come over and play soon. Goodbye and take care of yourself.”

 

“You too and drive safely~~” Daddy Dong say before watching Sehun drive off.

 

“Hmmm how did I even fall asleep??” Mina mumbled to herself as she woke up from her sleep and stretches lazily.

 

“You have been out for a very long time. Did you have a good sleep??” Daddy Dong asked as he took a seat on Mina’s bed and ruffle her hair gently.

 

Mina smiled widely at that before saying, “Yup I have a really good sleep.” Mina indeed have a really good sleep because of her dream that consists of Sehun and he kiss her which kind of make her heart flutter nonstop in happiness at that. Something like a good dream that might be something small but that is enough to put her into such a good mood.

 

Seeing her smile like that, he suddenly blurted out with this question, “Do you really like that Sehun guy so much??”

 

“Yes i do dad~~ Why are you asking this all of a sudden??”

 

“Nothing. Just curious.  Anyway dinner is done so go on and clean up and come down for dinner.  The rest of your eonnis are back too.”

 

“I understand dad~~ Thank you for feeding me so well~~”

 

“It is nothing. It is what I am suppose to do anyway. So come on out quickly so the food won’t get cold.”

 

“Okay.” Mina smiled widely at her dad as her dad walk out of the room happily but once he is out, the question he asked just now, drive Mina into a thinking frenzy like why is he suddenly so interested as to whether she really likes Sehun or not. The way he is putting that question across sounds like he is going to make a really major decision and Mina can only hope for the best because she really isn’t prepared to leave Sehun just yet. She have gotten too close to him and she is scared to leave him and then miss his presence that she have gotten so use to having around her.

 

“Please dad. I hope whatever decisions you make this time, i hope it won’t be something that will make break my heart…”

 

 


hi~~ I am finally back without another update~~ Firstly I want to apologise for the late update because I am currently working at an event now and work from morning to night for like 6 days straight and I finally have an off and also other personal stuff. I am just so tired and busy that I even forgot to post an updaet for my Minhyuk day and I feel so bad I want to slap myself because he is my bias in Cnblue and I totally forget about it but I just hope he knows that I really love him a lot and he will always be the qtpie in my heart~~ Another thing is that Selamat Hari Raya to all my Muslim friends and I hpoe you enjoy your day!! Also I might not be able to update for a while because I will still be very busy at the event and also in settling my personal stuff. I am so sorry to the readers who are constantly waiting for my update. Thank you for the constant support and I really cannot thank everyone enough!! All the best in everything you do guys and take care of yourself and enjoy reading!! :)))