Chapter 49

Wrong Star, Right Prize

It has been a few days since Sehun have arrived in America but things are still not improving much or going the way Sehun wants it to be because Mina is still not opening up to him even though this few days, he have been spending most of the time he had with her, like first thing in the morning when she wake up, he is already there in her apartment, waiting for her and have brought breakfast for her. After that they will go to school together where sometimes he will wait around outside of the school for her but some days, he just sneak into class with her and study with her.

 

The way he looked when he is trying to understand all the business term is really adorable as his face clearly writes that he is lost and he doesn’t like it and she can’t help but to giggle at him and seeing her giggle like that, Sehun felt really happy, feeling as if he is getting closer to getting her back, but then it is all not as easy as it seems. After that they will have lunch together before going for composing class where Sehun enjoyed that class much more because it is something that he is interested in and therefore he is much more focus and seeing him being so focus, Mina can’t help but smile too.

 

After that they will go around and tour around the country but sometimes Mina have to complete her homework and therefore she cannot accompany Sehun around but that doesn’t mean Sehun will just leave her alone. He will just sit beside her and watch her complete her work, making Mina all shy because of his stares and sometimes she will purposely cover his eyes so as to avoid his stares, making Sehun laugh, while Mina blush in the process. Sometimes when she is doing her composing work, she will ask Sehun to listen to it to give comments about it and see if there is anything else that she can improve on. Every night without fail, Mina have to chase him back to his hotel because he always want to spend more time with her but then it is already really late into the night and he need his rests but he just refuse to listen to it unless Mina give him some rewards such as a kiss or a hug but then most of the time Mina is reluctant and so Sehun have to steal it himself. Even though he stole the hugs and kisses but he is still really happy about it, just like a kid and the next day, everything just repeats all over again.

 

Mina let out a sigh after finally getting Sehun to go back. Subin eonni laugh quietly at the sight of the two lovebirds before stepping out and said, “He is gone??”

 

“Ya finally… phew”

 

Subin laugh a little before saying, “He is a really nice guy and he is sweet but I can sense that you are still distancing yourself from him. I don’t know why you are still doing it that but I can safely tell you that you can stop doing that and trust him a little. He isn’t what you think he is.” Subin give a little wink before going back into her room, leaving Mina to really think through what she is really going to do.  

 

Sehun is happy that he had found Mina after everything but then she isn’t behaving how he had imagined her to do after they finally meet. He thought that she will be really happy and they will be back to normal like the old days and she will forgive him for everything immediately but then everything is just totally opposite of what he is thinking. Even though she is touched at the first moment when they met but then as the day progresses, she just doesn’t seem to want to open up to him no matter what he is doing and so like he said, he will do anything and everything possible to make things back to the way it was and he is going to do just that. Time to bring out his secret weapon.

 

“Where are we going??” Mina asked while being lead by Sehun. It is a Saturday night and after a whole day of touring around, Sehun suddenly said he have something he wants to show her and then started leading her somewhere and refuse to disclose anything about it.

 

“You will see it when you reach the place so for now, don’t ask anything okay??” Sehun smiled happily before continuing to walk. Not long after that they reached a hotel and they were about to enter when Mina pull him back and said embarrassed, “Ya!! What do you think you are doing… bring… bringing me to a hotel…” and she blush.

 

Sehun knock her lightly on the head and said, “ Ya!! It is not what you think okay!! I am not that type of guy but if you want maybe I can do it~~”

 

“Ya!! How can you say something like that!!” Mina said angrily and hit him on the arm.

 

“Ouch!! That hurts!! But then somehow I do miss violent Min too?? I wonder why hahahaha”

 

Mina scrowl at him and pretended to want to hit him again but cleverly, he dodge it in time. “Anyway why did you bring me here??” Mina asked, seriously this time.

 

“Well this is the hotel that I am staying and there is something that I want to show you but then it is in my room so let’s go but then don’t worry it is not something that you should worry about. Come on!!” Sehun said and lead her up to his hotel room.

 

Once inside his hotel room, Mina sees that the room is a bit messy and he did not tidy it and he smile sheepishly at that and said, “Just make yourself comfortable and so sorry for the room being so messy because I am a really lazy person when it comes to cleaning but I am working on it so don’t worry. The thing i want to show you is in my room so just come on in~~”

 

He took out his laptop that he had brought with him on this trip and turn it on to show Mina. He pull up a chair for Mina to sit beside him. He slowly open up all his composing works and showed it to Mina and Mina look at it shocked as to what is happening.

 

“Why are you suddenly showing me all this??” Mina asked, confused as to what is happening.

 

“Because this is what keeps me going, continue to remember you, not giving up on us and therefore I have the chance to meet you once again.”

 

“What…”

 

“Just take a listen to it and give me some comments on it~~ I will explain everything else later~~” Sehun smiled and adoringly help Mina to put on the headphones and play the songs for her to listen to.

 

“The songs… it is beautiful~~ You really have improved a lot since the last time I hear you compose. If you are going to continue doing this, I think you really are going to succeed in this line. But then why are you showing me this?? Are you trying to prove that you are catching up with me in terms of composing??”

 

Sehun laughed at her last sentence and said, “No… of course not, I still have a lot of things I need to learn about composing but then this is not the reason. The reason is something else. Did your eonni tell you that I was going to forget about you??”

 

That sudden question made the whole atmosphere change from the lightheartedness that they previously had to now tense and it really is awkward and only after a while before Mina can finally said, “They did…”

 

“But there is a reason why I am still here right?? Right in front of you?? Something must have changed me and this, this is the reason. Composing is the reason for my change because in the beginning, after you left, i was really angry, i spend my days drinking, moping over the lost of you, just being sad over everything and I shut everyone out and as time goes by, it hurts and it is eating me alive and I cannot stand the feel of that anymore and partially I also felt betrayed by you for abandoning me so I decided that if you can do that to me and I can do that to you too and so I decided to forget about you. I work hard everyday to achieve that goal and I was successful and i felt wonderful. But then as the day goes by without even thinking about you at least once a day, I start to get depressed, sad and I realised I hate that feeling, I hate the feeling of forgetting about you and that is when I realised how deep I am in love with you and you already have a very special place in my heart and I cannot forget you just like that.”

 

Sehun smiled gently and his hand reach out to gently Mina’s cheeks and continued speaking, “So in order not to forget you, I did something that I never thought I will do and that is composing. Everytime I see someone composed, it just reminds me so much about you and how much love it and therefore I decided to compose too and using that as a way to remember about you and also as a way to connect with you. Through composing, I can put all my feelings about you, feelings on how much I miss you into the songs and my love for you into it as well and hoping that my songs will be able to reach you and bring you back to me. These songs are composed just for you. I composed this songs with the thought of you in my mind and these songs will only belong to you and no one else so whenever you listen to this songs, just remember about me and how I have composed these songs for you only and also take it as a present for making you sad for so long. I have fun composing for you, putting my compositions around you and although sometimes it gets hard but I didn’t give up because I want to see you smile when you hear the songs that I have made for you only and that kept me on until now. Whatever I cannot say I already said it in the songs and I hope you will give it a good listen and listen to what I have to say and my feelings. I love you and will always be and i don’t want to lose you anymore so please come back to me and stop refusing to open up to me…”

 

Tears just flow out of her eyes as she looked up at Sehun. She is just so touched by his words that she doesn’t know what to say and instead she just let her tears flow non stop. Without warning she just suddenly lunge forward and hug Sehun tightly, crying into his chest. Sehun smiled gently at the sight of her being like this because he know that she is crying because she is touch and not because she is sad or because she is planning on going to do something else that will hurt him again. He hug her back tightly and gently her hair to calm her down and just let her continue crying. Finally after all this while, he finally have the feeling that Mina is definitely back to him for good.

 

After a while of crying and calming down, Mina looked up at him and smiled gently, while Sehun look right back deeply into her eyes and wipe away the tears that is still glistening on her face, while leaving a sweet kiss on her forehead.

 

Slowly Mina said, “I already did come back to your side… Actually I never left you in the first place because no matter how hard I tried I can never leave you because I love you deeply. No matter where I go, how hard I try to leave, my heart will always be with you. From the moment you arrive here, I have already forgiven you, because I am so touched you have come all the way here just to find me but then I just didn’t know how to show it, not until now, after all the things that you have told me and showed me, the songs that you have composed just for me. I am just truly touched and I am so sorry for breaking your heart and causing you so much pain. If there is anything I can do, anything I can do to make up to you…”

 

“Why are you apologising?? I am also at fault too so I guess that makes us equal. I am sorry too for causing you so much pain but I can promise you that all is a misunderstanding. I only love you and only you and there is no one else so you can trust me on that. I will never do anything to hurt you.”

 

“I know. I know now… I guess I reacted that badly before when I see the both of you together is because I am new in this love and relationship thing… You are my first love and I wasn’t sure or I wasn’t confident that you really like me the way you said you were, I just keep thinking that I am not good enough for you and when I see the both of you together, it just seems right and I just got so sad about it and I just ran away but I guess I was wrong… so very wrong because I know now that I never want to let you go anymore...” Mina said as she snuggled closer into Sehun’s embrace.

 

“You silly girl… I am glad that you finally know that is all not true…” Sehun sighed and after a while said, “I am so happy to have you back~~ so so happy~~”

 

“Me too~~” Mina giggle as she looked up at Sehun once again and Sehun teasingly pinch Mina’s nose and Mina whine because of that and Sehun laughed. Mina pretended to want to hit Sehun and he got a shock because of it and close his eyes, bracing for the hitting but in the end Mina just smile happily and went back to snuggling in his chest.

 

After a while of just enjoying each other’s company, Sehun suddenly said, “I know of a way that we can make up to each other and that is let’s not leave each other anymore. Let’s just stay like this forever.” and Mina nodded happily in his embrace and Sehun continued speaking saying, “Your first mission for this is to go on a date with me tomorrow so make sure you are free~~ no matter what. Even if you have appointments, change it because this date is important!!”

 

Mina smiled and look up at him saying, “I am free tomorrow~~ I have nothing on tomorrow in the beginning anyways so where are we going tomorrow??”

 

“It is a secret~~”

 

“Secret??”

 

“Yes you will know tomorrow so don’t even think of asking anymore because I won’t say a thing. But one thing for sure, just look forward to tomorrow~~” Sehun said and Mina just nodded happily at it before they go back to enjoying each other’s company.

 

“Seriously though… why do we have to part away from each other?? I hate that… Maybe I should just bring you to Las Vegas tomorrow and get married there so that we won’t ever have to part again!!”

 

Mina looked shocked at Sehun, her eyes open so wide that it is just threatening to jump out of her socket right away!! “You… you… Don’t tell me that is the date that you are planning for tomorrow is it??!! You can’t possibly be thinking of kidnapping me to Las Vegas and force me to marry you or something right??!!”

 

“Ya of course not!! What are you even thinking?? It is too early for me to get married anyways and I also know you wouldn’t want to get married so early too… Don’t worry it is not getting married, it is something else… I already got something else planned so don’t worry about it.”

 

Mina let out a sigh of relief and Sehun looked at her and smile gently saying, “But maybe we should start considering about it because I really don’t want to leave you… not after all the things that had happened to us… i am just so afraid that you will leave me once again and I won’t be able to see you… I am just so afraid of losing you again… I don’t want to let you out of my sight again and I don’t want to go through all the things that I have felt throughout the 4 months without you… It is just too painful and I would do anything to prevent that from happening again…”

 

Throughout the whole time Sehun is speaking, Mina have been watching him silently and seeing how sad he looked while speaking and how he refused to look at her and kept on looking at the floor, breaks Mina’s heart, she gently hug him, shocking him a little and she said, “I promise I won’t leave you again… Isn’t that good enough??”

 

Sehun sigh and gently wound his arms back around Mina and said gently, “That is not enough… I just want to be with you forever…”

 

“I know but I don’t want to get married so early… there is still a lot of things that I want to do so marriage is not something I want to consider for now and I am still too young for this…”

 

Sehun released her and pouts at her, not satisfied with her answer. Mina smiled happily and reach her hand out to ruffled his hair slightly before saying, “It is getting late… you should go back and rest already…”

 

“But… but… no…”

 

“Yes!! Time to go and no buts!!” Mina said, giving him a push but Sehun just turn back around and continues to pout at her, shaking his head, trying to say no but Mina is not taking a no as an answer and so she keeps pushing him but Sehun is not going to stop without giving a fight and so seeing how cutely he is pouting and all, Mina took this chance and land a short kiss on his pouty lips shocking Sehun.

 

“I give you your goodbye kiss already so time for you to go bye.” Mina said cheekily and immediately ran into her apartment before Sehun can even react. Sehun stood there continued to be stunned for a while before a bright smile appeared on his face and he look up at Mina’s apartment and smile happily to himself before leaving.

 

Mina smiled as she watched him through the window from her apartment, looking at how adorably he is behaving and she is focus that she did not notice that Subin eonni have been watching her for a while and when she suddenly speak, Mina jump up in shock.

 

“So is he gone??”

 

“Ah eonni!! You scared me!! What are you doing there and I don’t get your question at all…”

 

“Oh come on!! I know you are watching Sehun leave~~ Don’t deny~~”

 

Mina blushed when she heard that and she look down shyly, saying, “You saw every… everything eonni??”

 

“Yes I did~~ I am just really happy that you two finally patch things up because I am starting to feel really  bad for Sehun as you keep ignoring him and all because he is such a sweet child. You did the right choice Mina and I am sure you won’t regret your choice.”

 

Mina smiled and said, “I know. I think this is the best choice that I had ever made, and that is being with him.”

 

Seeing her so happy after so long, Subin eonni cannot help but feel really happy for her. “Well I am just really glad that you feel that way~~ By the way it is getting late, I think you should go to bed soon~~ Don’t stay up okay??”

 

“I understand~~ Eonni you too sleep early~~”

 

“I will~~” Subin eonni smiled and leave the room.

 

Mina smiled happily as she collapsed on her bed,  thinking back on the list of events that had happened. She is just so glad that she finally patch things up with Sehun and even though she is worried that they might not be able to go back to the way things were before, but then she is totally being proven wrong because everything is just so natural and everything is just easily back to normal after they come clean with each other about everything. She smiled happily to herself at how things are finally working out again and being back with Sehun is just so happy. Her thoughts also can’t help but to think about what is going to happen the next day on their date…

 

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update before 12 midnight here and phew so happy that I am able to make it on time~~ The reason for this special update today is because today is my birthday!! yasss 28 April is the day I am born into this world and I am so happy to be sharing it with Sunggyu from infinite~~ the only kpop idol that I know born on the same day as me lolzz~~ Although my day is just spend doing things that I normally do everyday but I enjoyed my self a lot because I finally get to fulfil my wish of just sleeping my day off and really i really did sleep a lot today omg... hahahaha~~ so glad no one pull me out today hahaha~~ throughout the year i just hope that things will be more smooth sailing for me because there is just too many ups and downs this 4 months and it is getting well a bit unbearable... hopefully i get into universitty safely, stay healthy and get a job soon and I am thankful for all the presents and wishes I get from my friends today especially at 12 midnight~~ thank you and I hope everyone here will enjoy my special update today and so happy that my main characters finally patch things up yozz hahaha~~ I am like drinking alcohol while writing this chapter so if you feel anything that seems too out of this world, you know why.... amazing how the can writes "drink responsibly" but here i am being ireesponsible and drinking and writing at the same time hahaha~~ but i feel that i did a better job writing while drinking then i don't... hmmm maybe i should consider drinking and writing form now on hahahaha~~ but i guess it is not wise lolzz... oh well thank you everyone for your support and best wishes from me to you and well enjoy reading!! :)))