Chapter 21

Wrong Star, Right Prize

The next day, somewhere in another country, in a famous business company, the owner of the company is sitting down at his desk looking at some papers when a knock breaks the silence in the room.

 

“Come in” he said with a stern voice without looking up from his papers.

 

“Hello~~ i see that you are looking for me??”

 

He looked up and saw that it is one of the other business companies that their company is working closely with and also one of his best friends.

 

“Ya i was come in~~ take a seat~~”

 

“Hey~~ Is there something wrong with the business or something?? Why are you looking for me??” he asked while taking a seat.

 

“Is there anything wrong with just finding my friend and asking him in for a chat??” He laughed and his friend laugh along. “So… your daughter, Kuroi is back for a vacation… so how is she??”

 

“She is good… seems to be enjoying her time well and learning a lot…”

 

“Well that is good to hear… did you hear anything from her about my daughter?? Like why she didn’t come back and stuff??” Mina’s father asked with a tint of sadness in his eyes. He had heard that his daughter’s best friends and also his best friends’ daughters are all back for a vacation and he was hoping his daughter will join them in coming back together but as usual she is not with them. This has happen for uncountless of time and he just get more and more sad as time passes but this doesn’t make him give up hoping.

 

“She didn’t say much, just said that she is busy with work but when i ask what work Mina is doing, she refused to say which was quite weird. But you also know how she felt when she have been living here, you know all alone and stuff as you and you wife were too busy at work so and she properly know that is what is going to happen if she were to come back this time and all the time before and therefore she don’t want to come back at all. Plus you know she doesn’t have much friends here…”

 

“Sigh… it is all my fault for neglecting her all these years. Me and my wife have always been deeply sorry for her. We thought by working hard and providing her everything she ever needed will make her happy, make us happy but then everything went wrong when we see how she starts to distance herself from us, don’t talk to us as much and mostly kept to herself. I don’t even know what she likes and what she hates.”

 

“Hey don’t blame yourself. She will come to understand what you are doing and there is time to make up to her~~”

 

“Ya man thanks~~ We should really get together, with Sooin’s dad and Vannie’s dad and have a drink together… it has been long~~ We have all been busy with our own company to meet up frequently, that is other than business related stuff, to just have a simple meal and just talk about our life and simply just catching up with one another. We used to do that so often and bringing our daughters along, letting them play together when they were young. We should do it soon.”

 

“Yes definitely~~ I will arrange a date where we are all free to do it~~

 

“Thanks so much~~ I am sure you still have things to do in your company. I shouldn’t hold you back so much. Hope to meet up soon and hopefully not because of work hahaha~~”

 

“Hahahahaha that is an of course. Well i best be leaving now. Hope to see you soon. Take care and bye.”

 

“Bye” With that Kuroi’s dad left the room. Daddy Dong let out a sigh before walking towards the windows, looking out of it, wondering how is his precious daughter doing right now. She seldom call back to tell them about her life there in Korea or even send a them a message about it. He really want to know how she is doing there so he walk towards his desk and press a number and said, “Come into my office now.”

 

A few minutes later, a young man entered the room. “Hello sir. I see that you are looking for me??”

 

His right hand man entered the room, one of his few trusted employees that has been working him for a few years straight and helping the company to grow to the way they are now. “Yes I am looking for you. I need you to help me check something.”

 

“What do i need to check on??”

 

“Help me to check on my daughter. I need to know how she is doing in Korea.”

 

“Yes sir. I will see to it right away.”

 

“Thank you.” Daddy Dong dismiss him with his hand and he stood up give him a bow and exited the office. He stood up and once again stood beside the window looking out of it. “I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself there in Korea… Sigh… I wonder what you are doing right now...”

 

Mina at the time was hanging out in the house. She had totally recovered from her flu and was getting ready some stuff for the class when her phone rang announcing an incoming message.

 

oohsehun: Are you coming for class today??

 

MinaDong: Yup I am coming why??

 

oohsehun: nothing just asking… See you then~~

 

MinaDong: See you too~~

 

Mina smiled at their little conversation and her mood became increasingly well as she start to hum a tune and step out of the house to go out to work.

 

The moment she entered the company, she immediately see him sitting there waiting for her and her mood got even better than it already is and her heart starts to beat faster as she look down to make sure that she looks presentable before walking up to him.

 

“Hi.”She said shyly.

 

He didn’t reply her but instead he raised his hand and give her forehead a feel. This little action shock Mina and she move back a bit on reflex but her movements did not stop him from removing his hand that is being placed on her forehead.

 

“Hmmm… no more fever. Is your flu better??”

 

“Ya… Yup it is…”

 

“Phew… you have recovered. I was really worried you would force yourself to come to work even though you are still sick or something so I have to make sure.” The moment he saw her, he starts to observe her to see if she still look unwell or something but she looks fine and a sense of relief wash over him as he checks on her himself and find that she is indeed fine. He smile in relief.

 

“I won't do something like that. I mean getting sick means getting the privilege of staying at home, relaxing and who doesn’t want that. If can I also don’t want to work. I want to stay home and sleep.”

 

Sehun started knocking on her head saying, “Ya ya so naughty just want to stay at home. Then what about us?? You still have to teach us!! Did you  forget about that??”

 

“Aye aye stop knocking on my head!! I... I'm not that irresponsible okay… that is why I am here and not faking that I am still sick or something…”

 

“Yes my princess. I am so grateful for you coming down today especially when it is the day we report to you what we are doing. So my princess will you allow me the privilege to you to our room??”

 

“Ya what are you doing?? Hahahaha stop all this and let’s go!!” Mina laughed and continue to walk ahead and Sehun was just stun at the spot staring at her laugh at the way she is walking slowly and smiling to herself. He is starting to feel all funny again, his heart rate accelerating and he have a sudden urge to make her smile everyday and protect that precious smile of hers.

 

“Why am I feeling this way again?? It seems to be getting worse since the day i visited and took care of her when she is sick. Is there something wrong with me?? Am i really falling for her??” he thought as he looked up and at the same time Mina seem to notice that Sehun is not following her and she turn around and saw him still standing there and so she flash him a smile and said, “Ya!! Aren’t you my bodyguard?? Shouldn’t you be leading the way instead of standing there?? Come on we are going to be late!!” and she use her hand to beckon him to come.

 

He smiled widely at her and run up to her and they started to walk together. Although the walk is filled with silence but the both of them are feeling really happy. They have reached and when Sehun open and hold on the door for her, the sight in front of her made her speechless cause right in the middle of the room was a huge picnic mat and on top of it set all types of various food.

 

“Surprise!!” Sehun said.

 

“Is this the reason why you text me this morning to ask if i am coming??”

 

“Ya… hyungs ask me to ask you if you are coming so that they can nourish you and replenish on all the vitamins you might have lack of so that you will not fall sick again. Hence a feast here.”

 

“Actually at first I just want to cook you some fish porridge since Sehun failed so badly the last time but then when I am preparing it the rest of them decided it is fun and therefore started to make some more and hence the feast here. But no worries I make sure i supervise them so that they don’t mess up any of the food and create something not edible.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Ya we really put in a lot of effort and endured a lot of scolding from Kyungsoo in order to perfect all this so you better finish all of it.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ya even Sehun who failed badly last time overcome his fears and cook again and he didn’t even do that bad himself.” Luhan said. With that Mina secretly sneak a peek at Sehun who is currently looking at the floor, looking a bit shy.

 

“Wow!! Thank you so much oppas!! I am really really touched by it!! They all look so good and I can’t believe you all put in so much effort for me. Thank you!!” Mina smiled and gave them a 90° bow to show her gratefulness for the food.

 

“You are welcome~~ Come let’s eat~~” Suho said while giving her a pat on the shoulder and Sehun gently push Mina towards the picnic mat, letting her sit down and he himself took a seat beside her and the rest also take this seats.

 

“Here try this first.” Kyungsoo said and push the bowl of porridge that he had scoop for her.

 

Mina got a taste of it and damn it is like totally different from Sehun’s version and much much more better. “Wow this is really good. I am loving it!! Sehun oppa you should try it!! This is what a true fish porridge taste like.” and everyone started laughing at her sentence and Sehun look a bit sad.

 

“Wow Mina just rub it into Sehun’s face hahahaha!! Rubbing salt into his wound hahahaha!! This is so funny!!” Chanyeol said in between his laughter.”

 

Mina felt bad for saying that about Sehun so she said, “I am so sorry Sehun oppa. I didn’t mean to say that… Don’t be angry with me but here try some it is really good.” With that Mina hold a spoonful of porridge towards Sehun. Sehun pouted a bit and look kind of angry before he turn around and eat the porridge off from her spoon.

 

“It is nice right??”

 

“Yes…” Sehun said sulkily.

 

“Awwwww don’t sulk~~ You don’t look handsome anymore if you sulk like that.” Mina laugh. “Well you don’t look handsome because you look so cute like a kid, sulking like that.” Mina thought. “My qt boo.”

 

“I look handsome no matter what I am doing okay.”

 

“Yada yada. The most handsome. So don’t be mad anymore and let’s dig in~~”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Yeah!!” Mina cheered and she is eating halfway when she realize something is wrong and she looked around. “Oppas. Why are you all so quiet??”

 

They were all stunned by the way they are conversing just now, they sound so close and the way they look at each other is so different. Something is so wrong here.

 

“Ahhh… just shock by the way you two are conversing to each other.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Since when have you two become so close?? Since the day Sehun went over to take care of Mina??” Kai asked.

 

“The way you two are behaving are like you are a couple…” Luhan said.

 

At that moment Mina choke on her food and Sehun started coughing aggressively before finally calming down and said, “Hyungs… what are you all saying?? We are not a couple… we are just very close friends.” He said. “Damn what’s wrong with hyungs again… saying we are a couple…” Sehun thought to himself.

 

“Ya just close friends…” Mina said a little sadly. She had agreed as she doesn’t know how Sehun exactly feel and she doesn’t want to turn this into a confession session. It would be too embarrassing and for now she can just keep her feelings under control but she doesn’t deny the fact that she is a bit disappointed as she was hoping for more.

 

“Oh okay…” Kris said as they were all speechless and don’t know what to say since their action really tell them otherwise but they don’t want to point it out just yet.

 

“Let’s all quickly dig in and get back to class. We have quite a lot of things to do right Mina??” Suho asked.

 

“Eppeu.” Mina said with full.

 

“Huh what did you just say??” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I think she meant yeppeu.” Sehun said.

 

Mina started swallowing her food and looking apologetic and said, “That is what I said hehehehe~~ Sorry the food is too nice. I can’t resist it~~”

 

“Hahahaha it is okay. It is nice to see you eat so well as we were really scared you won’t like it. But it is really interesting how Sehun even knows what you are trying to say.” Xiumin said.

 

“Gai hi hay. He iz ma ghost frend.” Mina said with full again.

 

“I think we should stop disturbing her while she is trying to eat.” Suho said while laughing. “Dig in everyone.” With that everyone started eating and chatting at the same time. Within seconds, all the food is gone and Mina felt so full and contented after eating so much. She felt so happy from eating so many good food.

 

“Thank you so much!! I am really thankful for the food!! It is really good and I really enjoy it!! Thank you!!” Mina said while bowing.

 

“You are welcome.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Okay everyone back to work. We have to tell Mina what genre we are doing and roughly how we are going to do it by the end of today.” Suho said.

 

“Oh yeah… if can please do like a 30sec snippet of roughly how it is going to sound like. It will be easier to understand what you are trying to do.” Mina said.

 

“Okay. You heard the boss. Time to get to work.” Kris said. With that everyone slowly get back to work while Mina clean up the things left from the picnic and after that she went around to look and see if they need help in anything and when they were all done, they went up one by one to explain what they are going to do and played the short snippet of the song. Mina started to give some advices and comments on how to make it better. They all did a really good job, especially Chanyeol and Lay but what surprises her was Sehun’s work. From what she had heard a few days ago, he had definitely improved a lot and she is starting to expect so much from him. His work will be definitely one that she will look forward to listening to and of course she just have a few comments here and there to just help him get a bit better.

 

“Okay!! I think you guys did really well and some of you kind of surprised me with your skills and your songs and it is really good. I am looking forward to seeing how all this songs will turn out!! I have high hopes in you all!! Good job and keep up the good work!! Next week we will go full scale into composing and we will do a review session on next Saturday to see your progresses and see what can we improve on. I know it is tough but you guys can do it!! If there is nothing else we are done for the day!! Have a good rest and we will continue to work hard on Monday!!”

 

They cheered and they slowly got up and pack their stuff, all of them agreeing that they should all have a good rest and not do any work on Sunday to reward themselves. Just when Mina is packing her stuff, Sehun came up to her and asked, “Are we… going to still have extra lesson later after this??”

 

“Nah i think you have work enough this week with all your schedules, composing and me so i think you should take a rest and your work is surprisingly really good, you have improve so i think you will be fine. Just take a rest and enjoy your Sunday~~” Mina said while giving him a pat on the shoulder.

 

“Okay. But let me send you home.”

 

“No it is fine. I will manage it myself.”

 

“No. I won’t allow you to do that especially when your eonnis are not back. It will be too dangerous. I am sure the rest of the members will also agree to what I am doing.”

 

“Fine. I know i can never win you when it comes to this because you always makes so much sense.”

 

“Hahahaha~~ Wait for me here I have to go finish some stuff with my hyungs first before i can go so just wait for me. Don’t run away. If you run away you will get it from me!!”

 

“Fine fine. I won’t. I will wait here so faster get going and finish it so that i can go home!!”

 

“Okay okay!! Remember don’t run away.” Sehun warn and giving her one more smile before joining his hyungs and leaving the room.

 

With them gone, Mina look around the room and sigh. “I am so bored i got nothing to do…” She sat down on one of the chairs and laid her head on the table. She just stare blankly at everything and not long after that she fell asleep, feeling a bit tired especially since she has just recovered.

 

Sehun finish his work fast as promise and as he was worried that she will run away despites his numerous warnings and reminders so he quickly rush back to the room. He open the door and he breathe out a sigh of relief when he saw that she is still there, waiting for him but then she has fallen asleep while waiting.

 

He sigh and slowly walk towards her while staring at her peaceful face. He squats down in front of her and slowly parts her hair away from her face so that he can take a better look at her while she sleeps. He sigh and said, “Why do you look so cute no matter what you do, even when you are sleeping?? What is this feeling i have been feeling constantly when I am around you?? Am i falling for you?? Tell me…” With that he stretch out his hand to just touch her face gently but what he didn’t expect is that, his touch has awaken the sleeping Mina and she is now staring straight at him…

 


ho ho ho Merry Christmas!! Santa Kanglu is here to send you a special gift for this special holiday season today and that is the gift of an update hehehehe!! I hope everyone had a great day today, spending it with your families and also receiving presents for those who celebrate and for those who don't i hope you just simply enjoy the day relaxing and having some fun!! Hopefully everyone made a wish and I hope that wish you made will come true!! By the way I will be doing a double udpate this week so do check it out on Sunday!! Just realise my story has come a really long way from the beginning and it has already been 3 months since I started and well time really pass so fast!! I am enjoying myself a lot as an amateur writer hahahaha!! I just want to thank everyone that has been constantly be with me throughout this journey and I hope more will join me in the future!! Thank you so much for your support!! Thank you and enjoy the update~~