Chapter 14

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“So anything to report to me…” Tae In asked while sitting on the sofa, a man standing next to her.

 

“Apart from Sehun and Mina met after the both of them left the cafeteria in the company last night, there is nothing suspicious. I tried to follow her home but then I lost her on the way back.”

 

“You only had one job and that is to follow her and yet you can lose her on the way urghh what exactly are you doing??”

 

“I am so sorry.”

 

“If you are sorry, prove to me that you can do this well. I want to know where she lives and everything about her!!”

 

“Yes boss.”

 

Over at Mina’s house, the ringing of the doorbell broke the silence of the morning. Kuroi who is a very light sleeper got up and walked towards the door, “Haiz who is this person who kept on ringing the doorbell??!! It is so freaking early in the morning urgh!! He or she is so really really really persistent!!” Kuroi grumbled and walked towards the door. “Aiya i am coming so stop ringing the bell urghhhh!!” Kuroi yank open the door and asked rudely, “What??!! Who are you??” She saw an unfamiliar looking guy standing at their doorstep, wearing a suit, meaning business. Before he can even reply, Kuroi heard a voice from behind her and said, “Eonni, He is here for me.”

 

“Huh?? Why??” Kuroi asked while looking at Mina.

 

“I will explain later. Eonni you can go in and get some more sleep. We are just going to chat for a while. Come in.” Mina said and motion the guy to enter the house and go to their living room.

 

“Sorry for the late notice. Do you have the things I asked for??” Mina asked while they have seated on the sofa.

 

“Don’t worry about it Dong Mina ssi. It is my honour to be able to serve the prestigious Dong family and I have the things you asked for.” With that he open up his briefcase and took out an envelope and placed it on the table. Mina opened it and saw the contents and she smirk, “ So it is really her, Kim Tae In who is doing all this.”

 

“Yes. The guy that followed you is being hired by her and they seem to be trying to find out about your family background and where you live but of course it is not that easy since you have block all of that resources. I have included some of their background information if you want to read it through.”

 

“Thank you so much for your help and thanks for doing much more than you needed. I will transfer you your pay and please do remember to keep this a secret from my dad. You know, I just don’t want him to get worried.”

 

“No worries your secret is safe with me but Dong Mina ssi, if you ever need protection, just call me, I will send help over.”

 

“That would be nice. Thank you for your offer.”

 

“You are welcome. Then I will be taking my leave. It is nice working with you.” and with that the guy left the house.

 

“Who was that?? Kuroi asked later that day when they were having breakfast together.

 

“Someone I hired to see who is the one that has been following me home.”

 

“Is he reliable??”

 

“Yup he is. He worked for my family before and his mouth is really tight, he won’t tell anyone what i asked for.”

 

“So who is the person that has been following you??” Sooin asked.

 

“It is someone being hired by Tae In, to follow me and to find about my background. I would have known it is her, since she is dying to know if there is a thing or two between me and Sehun.”

 

“Wow that is really scary. So do you have any plans yet??” Vannie asked.

 

“One thing is for sure, I don’t want them to know anything about me so I will make sure I have to get rid of the person trying to follow me everyday. Other than that, I will do nothing since there is really nothing between me and Sehun. My conscious is clear so there is nothing to hide. Although I am worried about you guys…  I don’t know if they will go after you all. I am so sorry for imposing this on you.”

 

“Well it is not your fault anyway plus at least now our boring lives are made more fun hahaha~~ Let’s show them what we are capable of.” Kuroi said.

 

“In other words, we will be careful.” Vannie said and they all broke into laughter.

 

The day continued like normal, and when Mina stepped into the company, she saw Tae In latching onto Sehun as usual and this carried on for the next few lessons, wherever there is Sehun, Tae In will be there, and she will treat them like invisible, ignoring them totally and somehow Mina always know how to get rid of the person that is following her,  so he never made it to her house and that really pisses Tae In off.

 

“What do you mean by you lost her again?? You always lost her!! Is it that difficult to follow a girl??” Tae In shouted.

 

“But you see she is really clever and always manage to lead me off the hook. She isn’t what she seems. You have to watch out for her. Plus i have been following her for so long and i didn't see what you mean by her being with the Sehun guy so i think maybe we should stop.”

 

“You have no rights to tell me what to do!! Haiz i guess I have no choice but to get close to her once again urgh…”

 

It seems like any other day when Mina stepped into the company that day when suddenly an unknown hand from behind covered and dragged her away from the reception area to a corner.

 

“Oh great just when I have let my guard down for just a bit, I have allow the guy who has been following me a chance to strike. But damn I am definitely not going to back down without a fight.” With that Mina continued to struggle but the person said, "Ya!! Stop struggling!!"

 

"This voice sounds so familiar, definitely not the person that has been following me." Mina thought to herself. Just then they have reach a secluded area and the person let go of her. Mina got defensive as she turn around to face who is the person who have did this to her and if it is someone she doesn't know, she is ready to strike.

 

She turn around, thinking of the worst but instead she sees Sehun and she immediately let down her guard. "Sehun oppa... What do you think you are doing kidnapping me like this??"

 

"Ya ya!! Because someone here is enjoying her free time while I am stuck forever with a lady that i don't like. I wonder who is the person that cause me that problem." He said while knocking Mina on the head.

 

"Ya!! Don't hit my head like that!! I will become stupid!! Plus it is not really my fault anyway if she wants to stick to you like that especially when you're her love, her Sehun opppppaaa~~" Mina said while imitating how Tae In call Sehun and later cringe at that.

 

"It is not my fault that i am so charming and handsome. All girls just can't seem to not fall for me and my charms~~"

 

"Omg!! I think i am going to puke." Mina said while doing the action, saying i want to puke, along with the sound effects.

 

"Really?? I think you like me too. Don't... you... think... I... am... handsome...??" Sehun said the last sentence word by word while slowly advancing closer and closer to Mina and by reflex Mina started to move backwards until her back suddenly hit the wall and Sehun raises his hands and place it on the wall beside her. Mina is trapped.

 

They remained silence for a while, with Sehun looking intently at the shy Mina cowering in front of him. Mina is avoiding his strong gazes and so Sehun started again, with a tone of teasing in his voice, "So you haven't answer my question yet?? In my dear Mina's view, am i handsome??"

 

With his strong gaze and that question, Mina can't help but blush. She has no idea how to answer him and also have no idea why her heart is beating so fast. "Let me go..." Mina said shyly while she continues to avoid looking at Sehun.

 

"Nope not until you answer my question." Sehun smiled and Mina looked up towards him for a while but quickly looked away and blush even harder than before. "She looks so cute like this, just like a little kid!! Awww makes me want to disturb her forever so that I can see such a cute expression from her." Sehun thought to himself and because he was distracted by his thought, Mina have found the perfect timing to escape. Even before he can react, suddenly Mina bend down and escape through the hole beneath his arm and she quickly run away.

 

It took Sehun a while to notice that she has escaped from his trap and he goes, "damn it" and looked up to see her running away at the speed of light and he shouted "oh no you don't" loudly for Mina to hear as he chased after her. But because she has a big head start, she managed to reach the studio way before Sehun so she compose herself, as she don't want anyone to know that she has been running and entered the room.

 

When she entered the room, she saw Tae In sitting there, looking like she has been waiting for Sehun so Mina ignored her as usual and went to her desk. The rest of the EXO members were there too. Just then Sehun entered the room, slightly tired from the run and saw Mina at her table but of course even before he can approach her, Tae In has shouted Sehun oppa and quickly latched herself onto him. Tae In quickly talked about how Sehun didn't wait for her and how could he just abandon her like this but Sehun wasn't listening as his eyes have travelled towards Mina who just so happen to look up and caught his gaze. She cheekily stuck out her tongue at him and smiled before turning away to continue preparing her stuff for class. Sehun gave a quick smile before quickly turn back to Tae In, trying to focus on what Tae In is speaking but of course he is clearly distracted and thinking of ways to confront Mina and make her answer his question.

 

While Tae In blabbered on, she took the chance to observe Mina and Sehun. Mina obviously seems not interested in anything at all, and based on how she has been observing her, Mina doesn't seem to care at all about how intimate she and Sehun is. She didn't even get angry at all and based on the person who followed her, she doesn't do much stuff and doesn't meet with any guys secretly outside and there is really nothing to suspect about her and also Sehun doesn't seem to be affected much by her disinterest or looking at her with some weird lovesick eyes. Maybe she is really thinking too much.

 

At dinner, Tae In continued to visit them but then she suddenly approach Mina and said, "Eonni about the other day, i am really sorry. I have been too mean. I shouldn't have laugh at you."

 

Everyone is shocked by what Tae In said, including Mina since she didn't expect that she will apologise first, since she doesn’t feel like that type of person. Actually she was hoping that she will never apologise so that she doesn't have to deal with her nonsense but then now she cannot do anything about how this is going so she composed herself and said, "I guess i have been too mean myself so i am sorry too."

 

"Hehehe!! It is good to finally made peace with you!! It feels so good to have you back eonni!!" Tae In smiled and latch herself onto Mina and said, "We have so much things to catch up on eonni!!"

 

"Really??"

 

"Yup!! No worries i will fill you in slowly but now i have to go back to work!! See you around eonni!!"

 

With Tae In gone, Mina wanted to mental breakdown so bad, "sigh what have i done to deserve this again?? Sigh no more peace sobs... i need my freedom!!" Mina thought to herself. She heard a soft chuckle and she looked up to see Sehun laughing softly at her newfound misfortune. Mina gave him a glare and started to attack her food roughly.

 

As they were walking back, Mina can't help but think about Tae In. "Since we made up, i thought Tae In will stick to me 24/7 but then why isn't she here... that's so weird..." While Mina is still lost in her thoughts, suddenly someone is pushing her forward and saying, "Dear please walk faster."

 

Mina turn around and see Sehun pushing her and she says, "Ya!! The corridor is so big why do you have to ask me to walk faster?? You can walk there." Mina said while pointing at the other side of the corridor.

 

Sehun pouted a bit and under Mina stare he quickly walked over to the other side but after Mina looked away, he immediately walked back to her and whispered into her ear, "you haven't answer my question yet."

 

That sentence stun Mina a bit and she looked sharply at Sehun who was smirking to himself a bit and Mina blushed and started to walk very fast, away from Sehun. "Ya where are you going??" Sehun asked, just loud enough for Mina to hear, but Mina never answer and instead walk even faster than before.

 

When class was dismissed, Mina stepped out of the class thinking that Tae In will already be there waiting for her but then she is nowhere to be found so she just quickly walked out of the company before Sehun can disturb her again. She took a walk home again and she felt weird, like something is wrong and after a while of thinking, she finally understands why. It is because there isn't anyone following her which is so weird, but she won't let her guard down just because of that. She continued to walk with caution all the way back, constantly checking to make sure there is really no one following her. But even after she had reached home and safely locked the door, she really did not see anyone following her at all or anyone new that look like could be following her. She felt happy. Maybe things are really changing for the better. She smiled, before going up the stairs quietly to her room, afraid that she will wake up her eonnis who are already sleeping.

 


ho ho ho!!! Another update is here hehehehe!! Actually a double update this week so if you haven't notice you can check it out hohoho!! Sorry for a rather short one for this chapter because I have been rather busy with school life because I am having 2 more lessons starting from this week onwards and more projects sighh... and plus I am having on and off fever and my stomach has been hurting really bad for like 4 days already...  i really think it is time for me to visit the doctor!! someone call the doctor!! preferably Doctor Suho hehehehe~~ I think I will just end here because I am going out for dinner because today is a special day for my fmaily hehehehe!! Everyone take care of yourself and don't catch a cold or something like me sobs. Your health is important!! Take care and Enjoy your day and also enjoy my story hehehe!! Cheerios!! :))))