Chapter 30

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

One of his arm draped comfortably around her shoulders while she snuggle up close to him. He smile sweetly as he watch her play with his fingers, squeezing them and intertwining them with hers. They are seated comfortably on her house’s sofa, with the television on but clearly no one is watching it. She smile as she remembered all the things that have happened from yesterday night onwards. Well she indeed have a pretty interesting night and of course a pretty interesting confession that morning. She smile at that thought. He caught her smiling and poke her on the cheek with his free hand and said, “What are you smiling about??”

 

“Just thinking about how my life has made such a big change overnight and somehow happy things just keep on happening to me and I just feel so wonderful.”

 

“Well you deserve it.” Sehun said her cheeks. Mina blush and look down at their intertwine fingers instead, for a while before saying again. “I wonder how are we going to tell our eonnis are the rest of EXO oppas about our relationship and also how the company will react when they know about it… and maybe your fans too…”

 

“Hmmm… for your eonnis are my hyungs, let’s find a day and gather them together and tell them all about it at once although I have a feeling that they are not going to be surprise even if they knew that we are already together.” and the both of them laugh at that as they knew how they were the ones that help them realise their feelings for each other. After a while Sehun continued and said, “Well for my company, I guess let’s just wait for them to find out themselves and then when they do then we will think of something for it and also for my fans too… For now let’s just enjoy the time where it is just the two of us and no one else.”

 

Mina laugh and pinch his nose teasingly. “Since when have you become so cheesy??”

 

Sehun winced and laugh. “Since the moment you became my girlfriend.” and the both of them laugh.

 

Mina suddenly look up at the wall clock in the living room and said, “Shouldn’t you be going home?? The rest of the oppas should be worried and my eonnis are going to be back soon.”

 

“But then… i want to be with you for a while longer!!” Sehun said with a pout. Mina laugh at his cuteness and said, “Sorry. As much as i want you to stay but it is time for you to go home. Plus we are meeting later for class so just wait until then.”

 

“But… it is like so long… i don’t like it… i just want to be with you.” Sehun said while snuggling closer to Mina.

 

Mina smiled lovingly and pat him on his head. “No buts!! Time to go!!” With that Mina stood up and pull Sehun up at the same time as they slowly make their way out of her house with their hands intertwined. When they reach his car, Sehun turn to face Mina and took her hands in his. Sehun smiled and said, “Well I guess that is goodbye then.” Mina nodded. “Don’t you have something you need to do before I leave??”

 

“What is it??” Mina asked him, looking confused.

 

“Goodbye kiss.”

 

Mina blushed and started to stutter and said, “Huh… wh…” before Mina can finish her sentence, Sehun has already lean in and stole a kiss from Mina. He pull away smiling in triumph like a little kid who just got his favorite candy.

 

Mina slap him on his arm and said, “Ya!! Stop stealing kisses from me!!”

 

“Huh… but I like it…” Sehun said looking down shyly.

 

“Haiz… what am I supposed to do with you. Fine. Just get going okay. You already got your kiss and now you can go.”

 

“Okay I will be leaving now. Remember to miss me cause I will. See you tonight.” With that Sehun left a sweet kiss on Mina’s forehead before turning and walk into his car. He waved goodbye to Mina before starting to drive off.

 

Mina blushed and she skip into her house in a lovesick way and when she closed the door to her house, she sigh and throw herself dramatically onto the sofa. She let out a scream as she cannot believe it that she is in a relationship with Oh Sehun that Oh Sehun from EXO!! “THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEE!!”

 

For the rest of the day Mina is in a super good mood and her eonnis can sense something is wrong and Kuroi ask, “Are you okay?? You are not behaving correctly. You are like a lovesick girl. Are you in love??”

 

Mina smile and said, “I don’t know?? Am I??”

 

“Oh gosh she is really losing it. I think she needs help. I think someone needs to talk to her.” Sooin said.

 

“I am so worried about her. She is scaring me.” Vannie said. And somehow Mina did not hear any of that and continue to being lovesick. Just then Mina’s phone announced that there is an incoming message.

 

She took out her phone and smile when she sees who it is from.

 

oohsehun: hey beautiful can’t wait to see you later. I miss you.

 

MinaDong: hey handsome. Can’t wait to see you too. Did you reach home safely and were the oppas harsh on you for not going back yesterday??

 

oohsehun: well Suho hyung somehow manage to think of a lie and lied to the rest of the members that I went home to visit my parents and stayed the night there but then when we enter our shared bedroom, he began to nag at me for not listening to him and drink a little lesser and causing you so much trouble. I am so sorry I caused you so much inconvenience…

 

MinaDong: glad you know how much of a trouble you are… it has been really tough last night.

 

oohsehun: Well… at least things came work out good even though i have been a trouble yesterday night right??

 

MinaDong: Aish you and your sweet tongue. Oh well i have to get ready for class later. See you.

 

oohsehun: hehehehe~~ oh well see you too boo bye~~

 

With that Mina pack her stuff and went for work. When she reached the company, Sehun is already there waiting for her as usual. She skip happily up to him and say “Hi.”

 

He smile and said hi and wanted to pull her in for a hug but then Mina stopped him. He is puzzled as to why Mina is doing this and he was just about to ask when Mina pulled him towards a secluded corner to talk.

 

“What are you doing??” Sehun asked.

 

“Well I don’t think we should be so intimate while we are in the company. I mean everyone is watching and what will they feel if they are single and then there is a couple right in front of them being intimate. They will feel very sad and I don’t want that to happen to anymore. I mean i have been through that before so I don’t want anyone to go through that too and also when we are outside in public.”

 

Sehun sigh, “Why is my girlfriend so caring but then at the same time I am sad because we can’t get close in the company. But then…” He suddenly smile very cheekily and said, “Well that doesn’t mean i cannot try~~” With that he lean in and steal a quick kiss from Mina before turning around and walking away.

 

“Ya!! You stop there!! You ppo ppo thief!!” Mina shouted after she recovered from her shock.

 

Sehun stopped, turn around and laughed. “Ppo ppo thief??!! You are calling me a ppo ppo thief??!!”

 

“Yes!! Because you always steal kisses from me!!”

 

“Oh really??!! Are you sure about that??!!” With that Sehun gave her an evil smirk before slowly walking towards Mina. Mina sense that something is wrong and started to make a run for it but then it was too late as Sehun has already captured her in his arms and tickling her non-stop. She kept on asking him to stop but he didn’t. Not until, Mina is almost out of breathe.

 

“So are you still going to call me a ppo ppo thief??”

 

Mina stare at him for a while before naughtily say, “Ppo ppo thief!!” and made a run for it.

 

“Oh you are so going to get it from me today!!” With that Sehun gave a growl and wanted to run after the squealing Mina but just then Xiumin who had heard the commotion from inside, came out and take a look. Mina saw him and took this chance to get away from Sehun.

 

“Xiumin oppa!! Save me!! Sehun oppa is bullying me!!” With that Mina gave Xiumin a sad pouty look and hide behind him.

 

“Ya!! You are her oppa!! How dare you bully her??!! That is so not gentlemen of you!!” Xiumin started scolding him.

 

“Ya hyung!! I am innocent!! She started it first!!” With that he turn to look at Mina to ask her to help him but instead Mina just stick out her tongue at him and totally ignored him. “See see!! She is doing it again!! See!!”

 

Xiumin turn around and saw nothing and instead just see a sad and pouty Mina which is still sad that Sehun bullied her.

 

“Ya you brat!! How dare you blame it on the innocent Mina??!!” With that Xiumin wanted to go hit him but Mina stop him in the meantime by saying, “It is okay Xiumin oppa. I will just forgive him because I am a nice person. Class is starting soon so let’s go now!!” With that Mina drag Xiumin into the class and just before she entered, she turn around and mouth the word, “ppo ppo thief” cheekily to Sehun before smiling happily and entering the class. Sehun sigh and shake his head happily before entering the class behind them.

 

“Okay so class you guys know that this week is the refinement week where we are going to look through your completed pieces and see if there is anything that we can improve on and work on it so as to present the best of your works to the company so that you might get a chance to be selected. I have personally listen through all of your songs and have written down some of the comments and places where I would like you to change and I will tell you that later on but now let’s listen through all of the songs that you all have did and I want you to give comments to one another so that we can improve together as a whole. You guys might want to take down some notes.”

 

With that she played their song one by one and every one of them gave some suggestions while she gave hers also. When she is done, she release them to work on their stuff and later on she went to check on each and everyone of them.

 

When she reached Sehun’s table she said, “Oppa… hmmm… what is wrong with you last week?? Your work is in a complete mess and can be seen that you are completely distracted so what is it?? Have you solve it??”

 

“Well I think I have solve it because the reason why i am so distracted is you. I was so confused what is my feelings for you that I wasn’t behaving myself and therefore i neglected everything and it wasn’t good. But now i guess i have solve it.” With that he gave Mina a bright smile and Mina blushed.

 

“You ppo ppo thief... ”

 

“Are you really going to call me that??”

 

“Yes it is my nickname for you. So just accept it. Now show me what you have.”

 

“Nope.” Sehun said with a cheeky smile.

 

“Show me now. Don’t be mean to your teacher.”

 

“Hmmm… okay then because i don't want teacher to scold me.”

 

“Good boy.” With that Mina gave him a pat on the head and a side hug before proceeding to listen to his track.

 

The rest of the members were observing the both of them. “Hmmm something is clearly wrong between the two of them. They are suddenly so close to one another. Like more closer than ever before.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ya I have been getting that feeling from them too especially so today. I wonder what is wrong with them??” Chen said.

 

“Don’t tell me that they are… together??!!” Luhan exclaimed.

 

“Ya ya not so loud!! What if they hear us??!!” Chanyeol said and they all looked anxiously over at Mina and Sehun but then they seem very engrossed in their conversation to even hear them.

 

“But then unlikely so… they don’t feel like a couple to me yet. I think we are just thinking too much.” Kai said.

 

“Ya. I think you guys are spending too much imagination on this and why not spend it on thinking of how to improve your song.” Suho said breaking them up, being the only person that knows what truly is happening.

 

“Aish hyung why do you always have to be the sour spot. You is no fun at all.” Kai said with a pout and sadly move back to his seat.

 

“Don’t be like that. We shouldn’t be wasting our time on that and if they were together, they will let us know so get back to work.” Kris said and all of them went back to their seats without saying anything else.

 

They continued to work hard all the way until class ended and once again Mina and Sehun is being left alone again. Mina lets out a yawn as she sat down beside Sehun.

 

“Is my sleepy baby feeling tired??” Sehun asked gently while giving her a pat on the head.

 

“A little bit ppo ppo thief, but then I still can handle it.”

 

“If need just take a rest okay?? I already know what I need to improve on so you can just rest and I will just show it to you when I am done.”

 

“Something is wrong… you are not fighting with me over the nickname of ppo ppo thief… Wow!! This is interesting!!”

 

“Nah I think I have just grown to accept it. Plus it is your first nickname for me~~ I should appreciate it and accept it and the more I listen to it the more cuter it gets. But since I am having that nickname, that means I can get to steal more kisses from you hehehehe~~” With that he lean in and captured her lips with his.

 

When Sehun pulled away, Mina goes, “Urghhh the kiss is so short. I hate you.”

 

Sehun started laughing so hard and he said while laughing, “Omg!! Who is the ppo ppo thief now?? Are you sure it is still me because you are equally bad yourself.” With that he continue to laugh and Mina starts to pout. Sehun saw her face and can’t help but to say “Awww you are so cute~~” and pinch her nose cutely and Mina turn away angrily.

 

“Go back to work. We are wasting precious time.”

 

“Fine fine.” With that Sehun went back to work happily. After a long while, Sehun notice that Mina has been watching him work and he cheekily said something that he used to say a lot before they are officially together. “Do you like what you are seeing??”

 

“I already like what I am seeing that is why we are a couple.”

 

“Wooo someone is being so sassy.” With that he suddenly lean forward and place his head just right next to her ear and whispered, “But I like it.” With that Mina blush badly and push him away.

 

“Ju…  just…  continue with you… your work…” and Mina turn away, not wanting to look at him.

 

Sehun smiled and then he suddenly took one side of his earpiece and put it into Mina’s ear, shocking Mina and she look in surprise at him and he smiled and said, “Let’s just listen to it together.” With that he continue to work and Mina listen to it and then she said, “Hmmm that part there sounds a little bit weird, you might want to change it and work on that.” Sehun smiled and continue with it. They continued on until it is time to leave and Mina stood up happily and stretch her body. “Yay!! Time to go home!!”

 

“Are you so happy to go home??” Sehun asked in happiness seeing how happy she is.

 

“Yes of course!! I can finally go home and sleep~~”

 

“But… then… I am not happy about it…”

 

“Why??”

 

“It is because that means I have to wait another whole day in order to see you and I hate that… It is tough not being able to see you.”

 

“Awwww~~ is that what you are unhappy about?? Don’t be like this… even though i don’t like it as much as you do but then we have no choice… Don’t worry we can still video call each other, call or text. It won’t be that bad, hopefully.” With that Mina smile and ruffle his hair.

 

“Fine.” Sehun said with a pout and Mina laugh at how adorable he looks when he is pouty and all.

 

“Awwww don’t be sad anymore~~ Let’s all get home early before my eonnis start to worry about me.”

 

“Fine fine. Not sad anymore. Let’s get my baby home so that you can sleep and also i won’t want to get a warning from your eonni.” With that they both smile and pack their stuff before leaving.

 

While they were walking towards the carpark, they were walking side by side, so close to touching but wasn’t. They were trying to not be intimate with each other but that is only on Mina side while Sehun on the other hand is trying to find ways not to comply with that rule. He saw how her hand is free and he is really aching to just hold her hand but then thinking back at what she had said this afternoon, he really doesn’t want to make her angry but then he really wants to hold her cute, small hand in his big one. Why is things getting so difficult for him when he just wants to do what other couples do when they are together??

 

“Aish screw that rule of her’s. Rules are meant to be broken anyways. I am just going to hold her hand.” With that he close the small gap between them and slide his hand gently into hers and intertwine their fingers together.

 

Mina sense that and looked down to see that Sehun’s hand is intertwine tightly with hers. She blushed slightly at that sight before she look up and said, trying to sound angry but couldn’t as she is secretly enjoying it too. “Aish you…what if people see this?? I think you should let go.” Even though she said that but in her mind and heart, it is like chanting and praying that he will be naughty and not listen and not let go.

 

“Nope I am not going to let go. Don’t worry nobody's going to see this. So just let me have my way this time.” Sehun gave her a smile and continued to pull her forward. Mina did not say anything and just continued on, holding hands with him.

 

They reached the carpark and Sehun open the car door for her and she smiled at him being a gentlemen and entered his car. Sehun closed the door before going towards his side and board the car too. Sehun started the car and then he suddenly looked towards Mina, raising his right hand and said, “Hand.”

 

“What??”

 

“Give me your hand~~ I wanna hold it.”

 

“No way. I can’t let that happen because both of your hands are going to be on the steering wheel.”

 

“It is okay. I can still drive really well using one hand.”

 

“No way. We are not taking that risk. Even if you are good, that isn’t a good thing to do too. Just keep your hands on the steering wheel.”

 

“Fine.” Sehun pout sadly. “Why does she always have to make it so hard for him every time??” He thought. Just when he is lost in his thoughts, he felt something press against his cheek and he turn around and saw that Mina had just left a kiss on his cheek and that movement made his heart raced.

 

“I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings… we can always hold hands anywhere else but while we are in the car let’s stay safe.”

 

“Nah it is nothing~~ That kiss just made everything worth it~~ I guess I have to continue suggesting all this impossible stuff to do with you in order to get rewarded.”

 

“You ppo ppo thief!! Stop being so cheeky and drive!!”

 

“Yes my princess~~ I will do just that.” With that he gave a cheeky laugh and started the drive home.

 

When they have reached Mina’s house, Sehun wanted to get off and help Mina to open her door but who knows, Mina had just open the door herself and got off and so Sehun said a bit annoyed,

 

“Ya!! You are suppose to wait for me to open the door for you!!”

 

“But I don’t find the need to like I got hands and legs I can do it myself. Plus i am too lazy to wait. I have to wait so long.”

 

“You are a really impossible woman. How did I even like you in the first place??”

 

“Hmmm… I don’t know maybe because I am cute??” Mina said while giving Sehun a cute looking face.

 

Sehun laugh at that. He can’t even get angry at this girl because all the things she do is just so adorable and even if he is angry, somehow she will do something to make it all better.

 

“Fine fine. Next time i will make sure to beat you to it.”

 

“Fine!! It is a challenge and I accept it. May the fastest person win~~” Mina said with a face full of determination and the both of them started laughing. After a while, Sehun broke the laughter.

 

“I guess it is goodbye then…”

 

“Ya… I have to get going before my eonnis start to scold me and you have to go home as it is already so late.”

 

“Well then… I will see you tomorrow…”

 

“Okay see you too… have a good rest~~”

 

“You too have a good rest.” With that Sehun pulled Mina into his embrace and whispered, “I really hate how I have to leave you…”

 

“Well you will get use to it.” With that Sehun pull back to give her a little glare before pulling her back and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

 

“Take care okay?? I don’t want anything to happen to you while I am not around.” Sehun said after the kiss.

 

“I will no worries. I can take care of myself and you too, drive slowly and safely.”

 

“I will. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight my ppo ppo thief.”

 

“I will see you enter the house first before I leave.”

 

Mina nodded and he release her from his embrace and Mina gave him a wave before entering her house. Sehun smile happily and gave a wave back before getting back into his car and started the drive back to his dorm.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update like finally~~ I am so sorry that i wasn't able to update as plan again because all the deadlines for my projects are killing me!! Every week I have at least 2 deadlines to meet and it is driving me so crazy and tired. I have lost sleep for like 5 days straight in order to complete my work and it isn't even funny anymore. But thankfully the most important one is over today and I am so happy!! I had to stay up until 5am to do the work and also nap 4 hours and wake up to continue again~~ it is tough but i am glad it is over and this is a little reward for myself from completing work!! I might update again on Friday because I will be away for my Chinese New Year break and won't be able to update as much~~ but no guarentees cause i still have other deadlines to meet sobs... my life is just filled with deadlines now... but i will still try my best so do keep a look out for it!! I will be leaving now to hopefully get some sleep as surviving with 4 hours of sleep is bad for a sleepaholic like me. Take care of yourself and enjoy reading!! :)))