Chapter 4

Wrong Star, Right Prize

Throughout the whole bonding session, Mina was made to sit in the middle of the 12 boys, looking at them feasting and fighting over food like small kids, playing bonding games which Mina has to reluctantly forced to join in too but oddly she have fun laughing with them. They asked a lot of questions about her like what made her like composing so much and also what makes her start and why she is here to guide them on how to compose music and many more and Mina just shyly and awkwardly answer all the questions and from bombarding her with answers, now they are having a singing competition where at first they wanted to drag Mina in but she profusely reject it and when they are about to drag her in despite her rejecting, the leader step in and prevented it so in the end the leader, Mina and another member are forced to be the judges of this competition and asked to vote who sing the best.

 

During the competition, Mina secretly turn to the leader and whispered, “Thank you for saving me just now.” The leader turned and a wide grin spread across his face and whispered back, “You’re welcome.  Actually i want to say sorry because I can feel that you are really awkward about this whole thing and i actually feel bad that i couldn’t save you earlier. You know this kids are unstoppable when they set their mind to do things, especially when they have the chance to have fun, they will bound to have fun,like lots of fun. I hope you don’t mind.” He said while looking at the current singer singing, with a very warm smile on his face.

 

“Well it is awkward in the beginning but then it is starting to get fun.” Mina smiled while replying back to the leader.

 

Just when the leader is just about to reply back, he is being cut off by the so called MC of the singing competition which is Baekhyun and the other 2 guys whom Mina cannot really remember their names as Baekhyun is suddenly shouting at Mina and the leader saying, “Aye Aye what are you two speaking there huh?? Care to share??”

 

This caused Mina and the leader to blush. Baekhyun continued, “Mina ssi is there any current singers that you currently like for example me and me and me??”  

 

Mina is like just speechless because all the three options he came is  just him, himself and him and no one else. But actually Mina do have someone that she rather fancy and love his voice but because she is trying to get to know the boys so she cannot remember the name so she just say, “The person who have a curly smile.”

 

Everyone just starts staring at Mina trying to figure out what she meant by that and everyone started to smile to each other in order to find out who is the one with the curly smile and in the middle of all this Baekhyun starts to shout,"Wait!! So Mina ssi you still don't know our names??!!" Mina started to smile sheepishly. "Most of the time i am pretty good with names but then today i just can't seem to remember any of your name except Baekhyun ssi." Mina confessed. “But no worries just give me some time, I am sure i will be able to remember all of your names at the tip of my fingers."

 

"Oh no no no, no worries i am sure i can help you solve the problem today as a token of appreciation for only remembering my name." Baekhyun smiled. Mina was just about to reject but Baekhyun raised his hands and said "Aye aye don't you dare reject my offer. Suho hyung where is that polaroid camera that we had??"

 

"It is inside my bag. Why do you need it??" Suho asked.

 

"No worries you will know it soon enough. Now everyone line up and stand in front of this white wall here we are going to take polaroids for Mina ssi so that she will remember our names. Okay remember no funny poses and i need all your facial expressions to be visible so that i can tell it is you." Baekhyun starts to order around.

 

Mina just stood rooted to the ground and stare at them just trying to get a perfect picture. Mina is just utterly shock at what they are doing to even say anything or to even stop them. There are some of them who are clearly trying to do some funny poses but they were stopped harshly by Baekhyun.

 

When they are done, all the members took their own polaroid photo and start to write their name on it and some even draw on it or at the back of the polaroid, writing cute messages here and there. When they are done, Baekhyun collected all of it and passed it to Mina.

 

"Here Mina ssi, our little gift for you. Hope you like it and also hope this will help you to remember us and hopefully never forget us at all in your whole lifetime." Baekhyun said.

 

"Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate it a lot." Mina said as she started to look through the cute polaroids one by one, carefully looking through their face and their names and smiling at all the little things that they have done to their polaroids like Baekhyun have draw some puppy ears on top of his head and at the back he has scribbled a brief bio-data of himself and actually at the back of all the polaroids have a little bio-data to explain themselves.

 

"So the MCs are actually Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen and they are part of the Beagle line as mentioned on their polaroids and then the two other judges with her is Suho who is the leader and also the Chinese member of the group Lay." Mina thought to herself and this is getting interesting. "And the guy who bump into me is Sehun, the maknae of the group."

 

"So back to our competition, so we were just asking Mina ssi who is the person that she thought was good and she replied us with the person with the curly smile so now that she finally have all of our photos with names, so she can finally tell us who is the one with the curly smile and solve our little mystery so Mina ssi??" Baekhyun asked.

 

"The person who has a curly smile is…" Mina was just saying when the MCs decided that they should add some drum rolls using their mouth and "So the person with the curly smile is…Chen!!"

 

When announced everyone looked at Chen who looks so shock to be chosen and Baekhyun asked Chen to give a speech as to be chosen by Mina.

 

"I am really honoured to be chosen by her even though i don't know how i have a curly smile but thank you." Chen smiled.

 

"Mina ssi please explain how Chen have a curly smile please??" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Ermmm… it is just that when he smiles, the sides of his mouth curls up so it kinds of like he have a curly smile." Mina explained.

 

"Oh i see. Thank you our expert and now Chen please smile for us to see if you have a curly smile." Baekhyun said and Chen really smiled and now everyone got the curly smile.

 

The competition continued and in the end because it was a tough decision to make so they decided that everyone's a winner.

 

"So do all the winners have a prize for their hard work??" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Yes we do have and the prize is… drums rolls please" Baekhyun said and everyone started to do drum rolls for him.

 

"The prize is… Mina ssi will give a hug to each and everyone of the winners weeehooo!!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

"Wait what??!! I didn't even know about that!! No way no hugs!!" Mina exclaimed as she jumps to her feet, shock at what Baekhyun had just said.

 

"Oh come on Mina ssi i know you want to give us a hug. Come here let's hug." Said Baekhyun with his arms open and walking slowly and saying "Come on Mina ssi. Come here to Baekhyuneeee!!"

 

Mina starts to back away slowly and was just trying to think of something to get her out of this sticky situation when suddenly before she knew it, Chanyeol is already pulling Baekhyun back and Suho is already blocking in front of Baekhyun trying to prevent him from moving any further and the rest of the exo members are on standby.

 

"Aye what are you all doing, why are you all blocking me from getting a hug from Mina ssi?? Waeeeee?? Mina ssii!!!" Baekhyun whined trying to advance forward.

 

"Baekhyun i think you are too high tonight and it is not early anymore so why not Mina ssi you go home first and we will see you on our first lesson." Suho said.

 

"Aye why you let Mina ssi go home?? We haven't hug yet. Mina ssi my hugggg!!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

"Ermmm… is it really okay like this??" Mina asked.

 

"It is okay Mina ssi you can just leave now. We can take care of things here." Sehun said.

 

"Okay. Just make sure the next time i meet you guys, remember to bring your laptop and make sure you have musescore installed in your laptop for composing and scoring purposes. Thank you for tonight i had fun and see you guys bye." Mina announced and bowed.

 

"Sehun can you just see Mina ssi out in case our Baekhyun ssi broke free from us even though we doubt so but i just want to make sure." Suho asked.

 

"Sure hyung." Sehun answered and said "Let's go Mina ssi." With that Sehun beckon you to follow him and before Mina exit, she turn around to give a wave and bowed and exited.

 

"NOOOOO MINA SSI DON'T LEAVE ME!! OUR HUG!!!" BAEKHYUN SCREAMED Just when Mina exited the room. While she is walking she can hear Baekhyun's screams trying to break free from the guys and screaming, "But Suho hyung i want my Mina ssi style hug!! A hug!!"

 

"Okay okay calm down calm down how about Suho hyung style hug?? Come let Suho hyung give you a hug of love!! Come here come to Suho Hyung!!" Suho said sweetly.

 

"No no no noooo i don't want your hug of love. I only want Mina ssi's hug. NO DON'T COME NEAR ME HYUNG NO DON'T COME NEAR ME!!" Baekhyun screamed suddenly and you can hear laughters all around and Suho saying, with full of love, "Why are you like this?? I am sure my hug is as nice as Mina ssi!! Come on i know you want it~~ Come to hyung~~"

 

"NO SUHO HYUNG DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR ME!! NOOOOOO DON'T HUG ME!! LET GO OF ME!! STOPPPPP!!" Baekhyun screamed.

 

"Awwwww why is our little Baekhyunee so mean to his hyung?? Hyung love you so much!! Please grow well under hyung's love hug okay?? Do you want a kiss from hyung our little Baekhyunee??" Suho asked sweetly.

 

"OH THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE KISS!! A HUG IS MORE THAN ENOUGH THANK YOU!! SO CAN YOU LET GO OF ME NOW??" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Just a little longer my Baekhyunee~~ You sure you don't want a kiss of love??" Suho asked and a burst of laughter can be heard from the room.

 

Mina cannot stop herself but to laugh quietly to this. "They are so adorable." Mina thought to herself.

 

Sehun heard Mina's laughter and look at her and smile quietly to himself. "I am sorry you have to faced all the things there just now. We are just like this, normally, just like to have fun." Sehun said.

 

Mina was kind of shock he is speaking to her as she thought this whole walk her out thing will be really quiet but then he actually broke the silence. "It is okay because it is fun to see you guys having fun, kind of makes me smile and happy you all are having fun." Mina said smiling.

 

"I am so glad that you understand our behaviour." Sehun say while laughing quietly to himself. "I am sure you will do well." He continued.

 

"Thank you for having such high hopes on me and i will try my best and make sure i make you even more famous than you are now." Mina replied. Confidence boosted by that one sentence from Sehun.

 

"You're welcome." Sehun said and just then the both of them have already reached the entrance of the company. "We are here so i will see you around??" Sehun said.

 

"Ya... i will see you around too. Thank you for the walk and goodbye." Mina said.

 

"You're welcome and bye" with that he disappeared back into the company.

 

Mina stood rooted to the ground staring at Sehun until he have disappeared from her view. "How i wish that walk never ended. His laughter sounds so bright and full of happiness. Gosh. I can listen to him laugh all the time." Mina thought to herself and just then she snap back to reality and scolded herself, "OMG DONG MINA WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SOUND LIKE AN ABSOLUTE CRAZY GIRL THAT HAS LIKE A MAJOR CRUSH ON SEHUN OR SOMETHING!! YOU BETTER WAKE UP!!" With that Mina hit her head twice to make her snap out of her dream and walk towards the bus stop to catch a bus home. Thankfully the company is really near her house and even though she is from a rich family, and her dad offered to buy her a car for her to drive around but she have rejected as she still want to be like any other kid her age, leading a normal life, taking public transports home and striving hard for their dreams.  

 

"Eonni i am back!!" Mina shouted. It is already 11pm by the time she reached home. "The party sure had gone on for quite a while." Mina thought to herself.

 

"Oh you are back??" Said Kuroi with her head poking out from the living room to see her. "And where have you been this time huh?? Even though you mention to us you might be late today but what have you been doing??" Kuroi asked.

 

"Should i say?? Should i tell them that i am actually working with EXO, guiding them on how to do music composition as my part time job?? Should i or should i continue lie?? Omg someone advise me!!!" Mina screamed internally in her head.

 

After a while she says, "Actually… you see… i am actually working with eexx…" Mina started

 

"Ya??!! working with who??" Kuroi said.

 

"Haiz i just can't bring myself to tell her. Never mind let's just lie for this one more time and i will find a better way to explain to her." Mina said to herself.

 

"Ermm… just working with some of the classmates in school, at this cafe, for my part time job. So from today onwards my Monday, Tuesday and Saturday will be packed and i will be home quite late. So don't worry too much." Mina said while playing with her fingers.

 

"Okay. Sure. You sure you won't get tired out from all this part time job and your studies?? Can you handle it?? It's not easy, you know." Kuroi said with full of concern.

 

"Yeah... i am sure i will be just fine!! Awwww thank you Eonni!! You are so understanding!! Come let me give you a Mina ssi style hug to show you my love~~" Mina said while running towards Kuroi. "Awwww my eonniiiii~~"

 

"Okay a word of thanks will be fine. No need a hug of love. Yeahh just no need thank you." Kuroi said while trying to escape from Mina.

 

"You sure you don't want it because just now Baek…" Mina realised what she was saying and stopped herself. "Omg i almost say out Baekhyun's name and if i say it out, she will know i have been working with EXO and my cafe part time job is all a fake!! Oh gosh how careless can i get??"

 

"Huh what Baek?? You mean bake is it??" Said kuroi with a look of puzzled on her face.

 

"Ahahahahaha ya… ermm bake yes... ya feel like eating something baked like baked rice hahahahaha. Damn that food is awesome." Mina said sheepishly.

 

"Oh… baked rice hmmm… maybe we can have it tomorrow for dinner since i think everyone is free. So hang in there for a night hahahahaha." Kuroi said

 

"Okay. So i am going to just head up and take a shower and prepare to sleep so Eonni sleep early too!! Nights and i love you!! Sure you don't want my Mina style hug??" Mina asked playfully.

 

"Nooooo way there is absolute no need for a hug okay!! Just hurry up and get to bed, we have class tomorrow." Kuroi said and shooo Mina away.

 

"Okay eonni nights~~"

 

"Nights too~~" Kuroi said while looking at Mina disappearing up the stairs. Something is oddly wrong with her and she wonder why, like Mina is hiding something from them, especially the way she is playing with her fingers. She only do that when she is really nervous or is hiding something, so what could Mina be hiding?? Should she go and confront her and force it out of her or just wait for her to say it??

 

"Haiz... this is tough but i guess for now just let her be, and maybe just wait for her to tell us ourselves."


"Today have been tough." Mina said while closing her room after a good relaxing shower. "Phew. Just now was too close. Haiz me and my big mouth almost got myself killed today but damn, it will be so good to just let it out once and for all. Sigh. What should i do??" Mina asked herself while lying down on her bed. "Maybe sleep is just what i need at the moment to not think about this for now. Yes i shall sleep." But then Mina couldn't stop herself from thinking about all the things that happen at the company today. From all the introducing of each other to all the fun in the bonding session, especially the hug part from Suho and that made Mina giggle to herself at the thought of that. But most importantly it is the walk with Sehun. "Damn he is just so attractive and the way he talks sighh. OH GOSH WHY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT THIS?? NOT LIKE WE WILL EVER END UP TOGETHER OR SOMETHING. DONG MINA STOP DREAMING ABOUT THINGS THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AND GO TO SLEEP." And with that Mina closed her eyes tightly and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 


ho ho ho~~ hello everyone!! Happy Chuseok / Mid Autumn Festival Day!! It is a day to spend some quality time with your family and have some mooncakes and look at the moon hehehehehehe~~ but of course you should also read my fanfic too at the same time hahahaha~~ (sorry for being so thick skin i am trained hahahaha~~) But so sad my laptop is having problems so i cannot switch on my laptop at all and I am really sad because that means i cannot write regularly sobs. Hopefully it gets fix soon so that I can continue to write~~ no worries i will still be updating here~~ I want to thank everyone for all the views and also the 3 person who subscirbe to me~~ You have no idea how happy I am~~ Thank you so much and enjoy reading!! :)))

P.s. I was thinking maybe i should do a double update when there is special holidays or festivals coming up hahahaha~~ I am still not sure yet but i will see hahahaha~~ A slightly longer update to make up for my short update last chapter. Please wait for my next comeback~~ *inserts 2pm "I will be back"