Chapter 41

Wrong Star, Right Prize

It has been a few days since EXO have came over and had a major celebration and that series of events had gotten her thinking about one thing and one thing only and that is Sehun. After that series of fun that they had on that Sunday, made her realise how much she truly missed having Sehun around and the feels to have him around is so damn bad that it is not even about who’s fault anymore. If she has to go apologise first and stuff in order to patch things up, then she is by all means ready for it. But then how is she going to do this?? She needs to think of something but no matter how hard she thinks, there is still nothing coming out from the constipated brain of hers and she starts to panic and just then she knows who she can go to for help and that is her eonnis and she is just about to make her way to find the rest of her eonnis when she phone start to ring and she pick it up to see that it is her dad.

 

“Hello dad!! So nice to hear from you!! How are things going??” After that incident with her dad the last time and after they made up, they have kept in close contact with one another through the phone mostly and sometimes messages and also video call. Her dad also starts to chat with her more about composing and composers, trying to understand more about what she likes and what she is doing but then it isn’t easy but Mina can tell that he is trying very hard and that is something that she is really proud of.

 

“Things have been great here. Business is good as usual and we are thinking of expanding into more areas. How about you?? How are things going on your side and how is your studies and ermm… composing??”

 

“Thing are also doing great. Studies is starting to get a bit difficult but then I am still coping well, while for composing, I am just working on one of the past compositions that I had did before and editing it to make it sound better.”

 

“I see that is good. Actually there is a reason as to why I am calling today. You see dad here just got an offer to one of the famous composing schools in America, the one that I know you have wanted to go to and they are offering a course in composing for 5 months and they are willing to offer you a spot if you want to enter. But then at the same time there is also a very famous business school in America willing to take you in for 5 months business course so if you want to go for the composing course, you also have to go for the business course. I am sorry if I made you disappointed and stuff by putting in the business course but Daddy still want you to ace well in business and since there is such a chance like this, I feel that you shouldn’t waste it. I hope you are not too sad. I have already send you the information for the courses so if you want, you can contact me any time so what do you think??”

 

“I think it is really awesome dad!! You know how much I have always wanted to go for a proper composing course now that I really know that is what I like but then I have to think it through first…”

 

“Is it... because of that boy?? That boy Oh Sehun??”

 

“Dad!! How did you know about him??!! I did not remember telling you about it…”

 

“Well… I have eyes and ears around so there are things I will just know even if I did not purposely ask someone to check it out for me. So is it because of that boy??”

 

“Well… partially but then I also cannot abandon my friends, my studies and my work to just go for it… it seems so irresponsible of me to do so…”

 

“Don’t worry about the school part, daddy will settle it for you while for your friends and your work, they will come to understand it and they will support you since they know this is what you have always wanted to do.”

 

“But I still don’t know…”

 

“Just have a chat with them and see what you want to do about it. Take a few days to think it through before answering me. I just want to tell you this a difficult chance to get and I hope you will accept it.”

 

“Thanks dad!! I understand but then how did you even come to get this kind of offers?? I remembered the schools being ultra difficult to get in so did you use any inappropriate means to let me enter or something??”

 

“No of course not!! What kind of a father do you think I am?? I simply just took all your results from school and also your composed piece and showed it to the school when they when they were offering places for the course and they were very impressed by what you did and feel that you got the talent and they want to develop that talent of yours and therefore they decided to accept you so I hope you won’t let daddy’s efforts go to waste.”

 

“Thank you daddy!! I really cannot thank you enough for all the things that you can done for me!! I really appreciate it a lot!! I will make sure to consider it thoroughly before letting you know the answer!!”

 

“You are welcome!! This is what I should do as your daddy. I just want to give you the best that I can possibly give. Well I have to go now. Still have lots of things to do. Oh and by the way mummy says to take care of yourself and don’t overwork yourself okay??”

 

“I will remember that and you too both you and mummy have to take care of yourself too and have good rests. I am sorry I am not there to look after the both of you…”

 

“Nah don’t be sorry. When you come back, there will be plenty of time for that. Oh well gotta go!! Love you lots baby and take care.”

 

“Bye dad love you more.” With that they both hung up the call and Mina let out a sigh. She should be happy but then somehow she cannot even feel happy at all. She knows it is a chance that she had always been looking forward to having but then somehow it had come at a very bad timing, especially when things are somehow pretty good here, apart from the little problems that she is facing like Sehun and Tae In but then what is she going to do about her friends and work?? She just can’t possibly just leave it hanging…

 

Mina flung herself onto the bedroom floor and sigh. “Why is there suddenly so many things to think about??” After a while, she suddenly sit up and said, “No I cannot think!! I need help!!” and she quickly walked out of her room in search of her eonnis.

 

She walked to all their individual rooms to call for them to assemble at the living room for a meeting and when they have gathered, Mina announced, “Eonnis… I need help and I am so sorry to disturb you all as you all are busy doing your homework and maybe time for bed soon because we still have school tomorrow but this things just keep bugging me and I feel that I need to get it settle by tonight if not I wouldn’t able to sleep at all.”

 

“What is it that is bothering you??” Kuroi asked.

 

“Okay first thing first. My dad just called me to tell me that I have been offered a place in one of the famous composing school that I have really wanted to go to since I discovered I like to compose and it is a 5 months course and at the same time I will also be attending a 5 months business course when I am there and it is also a very famous business school but the problem is that if were to leave, I have to leave you guys, my work and my studies to go and it just feel so irresponsible of me to do that… so what should I do??”

 

“You forgot to mention one important factor as to why you cannot leave and that is Oh Sehun. I think you cannot just leave him behind right??” Sooin said.

 

“Ya… partially that but I don’t know how he will feel about that and how you guys will feel about that and also my boss at the company what will they feel about all this… I am just… I don’t know.”

 

“Well… I think you should go for it… I mean it is a chance that doesn’t comes very often so I feel that you should use this chance wisely since it has always been something that you can wanted to do so go for it… I will support you.” Vannie said.

 

“Same here I will also urge you to go for it. I mean it is sad that you will have to leave and all but then I mean it is just 5 months… it will go by very fast right?? We will miss you but then if it is important to your future and therefore we have to let you go…” Kuroi said.

 

“We always know how much you love composing and this is a really good chance for you to improve on it and be better than what you already are. I am sure your company will be more than happy to allow you to go and improve yourself. I am really happy for you and proud of you for getting this so better not waste this opportunity and go for it!!” Sooin said.

 

“Aww thanks guys!! Thanks for being so supportive about it!! I wouldn’t know what I would do if you guys were to reject and all… Thank you thank you!!”

 

“Nah it is nothing… although I would still encourage you to talk to Sehun and also to the company to see what is their take on this I mean it is really important to know what they feel about it and consider what they feel while you are making this decision because they are also playing an important part in your life and you just can’t leave them like that and not everyone is so supportive like us.” Kuroi said.

 

“I know which comes the second part. It is actually about Sehun. You see I have been thinking a lot after that celebration that we had on last Sunday. You see I realised I miss him a lot… I miss how things were between us and I was so grateful to be able to interact with him a little during Sunday but then because things got a little awkward between us somewhere through the celebration and due to that awkwardness, we wasn’t able to patch things up and I am really regretting that so I am hoping that you guys can help me to think of something so that I can patch things up with Sehun. I really really cannot just let our relationship be left hanging like that again… it has been too long and I have to do something about it.”

 

“Well… isn’t there a saying that always goes something like, a way’s to a man’s heart is through their stomach?? So maybe we can do that, by first capturing his stomach and then capturing his heart. It should be pretty easy for you since you know how to cook.” Kuroi suggested.

 

“Plus it is food!! How can anyone reject food?? It is practically impossible.” Sooin said.

 

“I think first thing first just set a date for the both of you before you make the food as you don’t want it to go to waste and we have to make sure he is there so that things won’t get even more awkward than it is now. Hopefully through this you both will patch things up and then you can subtly mention to him about you know, you going overseas...”  Vannie said.

 

“Okay thank you so much eonnis. Thank you for the wonderful advices!! I am so sorry I took up your time for this.”

 

“It is nothing. It didn’t take up much of our time anyways.” Sooin said.

 

“We are always happy to give advices when anyone is in need of help even if we might not be very free but then we understand that it is essential in order for one to carry on.”  Kuroi said. With that Mina gave all of them a hug before they all go back to their individual rooms. When back in her room, Mina quickly fish out her handphone and drop a message to Sehun.

 

MinaDong: Sehun oppa. Hi. Sorry to disturb you at this timing but I just want to ask you when are you free this week and will be in the company??

 

Sehun is just taking a break from practicing in the company when he receives Mina message and his heart starts to race because this is the first time after they quarreled, they are talking and dropping each other messages again. This is a sign that they can patch things up with one another and so he excitedly reply her message.

 

oohsehun: I think I will be free on Saturday. Why are you suddenly asking this question??

 

Mina’s heart races when she sees that he is replying so fast to her message. She thought that she will be get ignored or something but guess she is wrong and she is so happy to see that and she quickly reply back.

 

MinaDong: Nothing. Just wait for it. It will be a surprise~~

 

Sehun just smile quietly to himself as he sees that cheeky reply that Mina have given.

 

oohsehun: Why so secretive baby?? Why can’t you tell me?? Don’t worry I won’t press you further. I will be awaiting your surprise~~ Take care baby until then. Goodnight and sleep early okay??

 

MinaDong: That’s good because I almost say it out to you if you continue to press on but no worries now I will not tell you anything anymore because the time period is over. Take care of yourself too and have plenty of rest. Nights.

 

With that Mina went to bed happily, hoping that day will come faster.

 

At the same time, at the other side of the city, Tae In is meeting with the people that she had sent to make Mina’s like miserable. “So anything you want to report to me??”

 

Upon hearing that sentence, all of them started mumbling between themselves, trying to think of something good to tell her. They cannot possibly just tell her that they miss getting Mina time after time again. She will skin them alive. They were still contemplating on what to tell before Tae In raised her voice, slightly agitated this time and said, “I asked a question so please can someone just answer that god damn question. I am not going to say twice.”

 

Due to the pressure that Tae In is exerting, one of them quickly blurted out an answer. “We are very sorry. Mina is really clever. After the first few days, she know all of our tricks and were able to get rid of us no matter where we are and what we are doing and it isn’t easy trying to get a hold of her and bully her.” After blurting out the answer, everyone in the group stare at her and were throwing murderous dangers through their eyes at her. Some of them were scolding and cursing under their breath as the cat is being let out of the bag.

 

“What??!! What do you mean by that??!!” Tae In bellowed, not being able to believe as to what is being just said. The rest of them flinch in shocked and they did not even dare to say anything. “She is just a girl!! I don’t get why you guys cannot just follow a simple girl and make her life difficult?? I don’t get what is so difficult about her?? I think you guys are just finding excuses not to do work. What suddenly afraid of getting into trouble or something?? Useless beings!!”

 

The rest of them what to say something to defend themselves but then Tae In cut them off and continued shouting, “You know what?? I don’t need you all!! I just need myself!! I will prove to you all that you all just do not have the skills to do things and therefore just finding excuses. I will show you all you useless beings. Get out!! I don’t want to see you all ever again!!”

 

With that all of them escape out of the room before Tae In can say anything else. Once they are out, Tae In cannot contain all the anger that she is feeling and she started venting out her anger on everything she sees. She starts throwing the first thing she sees on the floor, sweeping clear of her table and even after doing all that, she is still not satisfied and not enough to put out the anger burning strong in her heart. Her mind cannot stop playing over and over again and the happy look on Mina face when she is with Sehun and that made her even more agitated than before.

 

“I cannot give up like this. Just because all that useless beings failed me doesn’t me this is the end of everything. I still got me!! I still can prove to everyone else that I still can carry on this without any help!! I am going to show that Mina what it is like to mess with the wrong person. If they cannot inflict fear on her then I am the only one that can do it!! I will show Dong Mina the true power of me and what I am capable of. Before that is just appetiser but now here comes the main course!! I am going to wipe that smile off her face!! I am going to make her regret her choice!! I am going to make her have a nightmare and a fear of Sehun so much so that she will never have thoughts of going back to Sehun!!”

 

Tae In smile evilly to herself. “Yes that is what I am going to do. It is nothing compared to what she had did to me. She deserve all this!! She deserve all of it and I am not to be blame for anything!! I am the real victim here. That just snatch away my boyfriend like that, my boyfriend!! And everything is her fault and she deserves to be punish and of course be punished by me!! Yes I need a plan yes I need a plan on how to make Dong Mina suffer like hell without killing her. Yes… that is what I am going to do.” Tae In continue to laugh evilly as she starts to plan her evil deeds.

 

“What is it that you have to say to me??” Jiyah asked when she see Mina enter her office, the next day.

 

“I have something to discuss with you…”

 

“What is it??”

 

“Well… I have been offered a chance to go to one of the famous composing schools in America for a short 5 months course but then I am not sure whether I should go or not so I am asking for your opinion on it since you are now my boss and all.”

 

“I think it is a really good opportunity for you so you should totally go for it!! It is such a rare chance for someone to have this opportunity so go for it!! It is more important that you go learn when you are young!! Don’t worry about work I am sure we will be able to work something out with the company and let you go peacefully without anything. I am so proud of you~~ You deserve it so much!!”

 

“Thank you so much!! I am so happy to see that you are so supportive about it!!”

 

“Come on!! It is not like everyday we get such good opportunity happening to our employees so I am so much more happier and more proud!! But then… I got a question…”

 

“What is it??” Mina asked confused.

 

“Well… have you asked Sehun about it?? I mean I know your families and friends will sure be supportive of it but then what about Sehun?? I mean if you are going to stay overseas for 5 months, that means Sehun won’t be able to see you for 5 months so do you think he will be okay with it?? It is not easy having a long distance relationship you know?? Furthermore you guys are still a new couple, just together not for long which means there are more possibility that things will go wrong and your relationship might just get distant. I am not trying to curse or something but just to let you know. Now you guys are already facing problems because of Tae In so I don’t want you to suffer again. I think Sehun’s opinion is really important so if he doesn’t want you to leave then maybe you should reconsider.”

 

“I understand. I also know the importance of this. I will ask him about it. Thank you so much for worrying about me.”

 

“It is nothing. I guess our work here is done. Once you confirm when you are going, we will arrange with the company regarding your work. I wish you all the best in your studies there and also Sehun.” Jiyah said with a wink and Mina smiled and said, “Thank you so much!! I will see you then.” With that Mina happily exited out of the room.

 

“One more down and last one to go but the last person is a difficult person to deal with…” Mina mumbled as she think about how she is going to break this news to Sehun.

 


ho ho ho~~ Updates back to back hahaha!! Going to be really busy in the upcoming week with my school's stuff where my project that time is being chosen for exhibit omg...  I thought school's out but then guess what still have to go sobs... oh well just going to enjoy myself as i last as i think i am going  to  start work soon but then i still don't know which deparment to go and i have to submit soon... sigh... i should be doing research on it but i am slacking again hahahaha~~ a little spoiler on this story is that it might get a little gloomy and sad with the light disappearing so you are warn and i am sorry if i hurt anyone~~ Anyway take care everyone and of course enjoy reading!! :))))