Chapter 43

Wrong Star, Right Prize

Mina cried as she slowly walked aimlessly around after running out from the company. She cannot erase the image of Tae In and Sehun kissing out from her mind. It is embedded deep in it and somehow the more she want to forget about it, the more clearer the image is in her mind. She remembered how happy she was for the whole day and how hard her heart was beating when she was near the room but then when she saw the scene of Tae In and Sehun kissing, she felt her heart break into pieces and without warning her tears started rolling down nonstop. She knew she cannot stand there and just watch them do that without breaking her heart even more and therefore she ran, she ran away before she can even listen to what Sehun had to say. She know that it is incorrect of her to just run away without listening to the explanation but then she cannot take it anymore. She cannot take how the scene is crushing her heart, making her unable to breathe properly, making her want to die and so she want to escape from that feeling,  from everything and just be alone in her own world.

 

She continued to walk aimlessly and just then without warning it started raining. Upon seeing the rain, she laughed. Somehow it feels as if the sky is crying along with her, feeling sad for her but then at the same time, it is as if it is mocking her, mocking her failure in this relationship. She raised her head and look up at the sky. Somehow the rain is oddly comforting to her as the raindrops hit on every part of her body. With her tears mix with the rain, she continued to walk, not even bothering to look for shelter and get out of the rain or even worrying that she might catch a flu later because of this. For now she just want to enjoy this little comfort that she have.

 

“Well well well!! Look who we have here?? Isn’t this the that snatch someone else’s boyfriend??” Mina stopped and looked up. Just when she thought she will never see them again but there they are right in front of her. She really don’t want to have anything to do with her bullies, not when she is so sad about everything. She just doesn’t have the mood to deal with them right now. She ignored them and wanted to walk around them but instead they stopped her and pushed her, making her fall roughly onto the ground. Mina winced in pain and rub the spots that were hurting.

 

“Hey!! We just met!! How could you think of going away so fast?? This is just the beginning!! Let’s have some fun before you leave!!” One of them snarled.

 

“Yeah!! Is it because you are too guilty so you are trying to escape as fast as possible??” Another said while they slowly close in on Mina who is still on the ground.

 

“Oh by the way, we heard what happened at the company~~ What Tae In did!! It is so cool of her to do that!! What she did is totally right!! She should have done that way before and snatch back what belongs to hers anyway. They are meant to be and not with you!!” And the bully glare down at her and giving her a kick, making Mina wince in pain again.

 

“You deserve it!! Whatever happen to you today!! You deserve it!! This is called karma and karma hits back hard at people!!” And they all laughed out loud, while Mina’s tears threaten to fall again.

 

“Somehow seeing you like that now, you look kind of poor thing, thinking that everything is going to be good between the two of you but who knows, he already belongs to someone else and you are the third party here. So poor thing!!” The bully moved her hand and gently pat Mina on the face while laughing evilly at her. “You used to be so high and mighty now you are just nothing!! Seeing you so poor thing, I even thought of letting you go but then you know what we have to get revenge for all this time you acted so high and mighty in front of us, abandoning us and getting away with all our tricks and because you did that, do you know how much trouble you had caused us?? The amount of scoldings we get from Tae In is so terrifying that you will never understand it and we were all so scared because of that but guess now what?? Life is fair and therefore they present you to us once again and don’t worry we will make sure we treat you very well tonight!! Get her ladies!!”

 

With that they all start hitting Mina, kicking and punching her, grabbing her and there is nothing Mina can do apart from curling into a ball and using her hands to protect her. After venting their anger out for a while more, they finally stopped and looked at Mina.

 

“Wow!! I feel so good now that I have vent out my anger!! It has been driving me nuts but now I feel so relax!! Take care of yourself our dear Mina~~ Let’s go!!” The leader of the bully said and with that they laughed and walked off. Seeing them walked away, she looked at all her scars and thinking back as to what they had said to her just now, and what happened at the company, there is just an overwhelming amount of stress that just comes flowing out of nowhere making her start to cry out uncontrollably. She just sat there crying and crying out loud, trying to drown all that stress and sadness with her tears.

 

Mina did not remember how she managed to get home and when she opened the door and when her eonnis saw the sight of her, they immediately rushed up to ask what happened and why is she soaking wet and full of new injuries. But somehow it seems as if her soul is not here and she seems pretty zone out and she is not answering any of the questions and she looks kind of sad. When they see that, they knew immediately that something is wrong. Her eonnis were still waiting happily at home, thinking and waiting for Mina to come back with good news of her, already patch up with Sehun but it seems like something else must have happened to cause something like this.

 

“Mina… What is it ?? What happened?? Why are you like this?? Tell me!!” Kuroi asked while shaking her, trying to snap her back from her little trance. Mina slowly looked towards her and was about to say something when there is someone banging really hard at the door.

 

“Mina!! Dong Mina!! Open the door!! Let me explain everything to you!! Dong Mina!! Please!! If you are inside please!! I beg you please!!” Sehun shouted. Sehun had searched everywhere, everywhere around the company but then he cannot find her and that drove him nuts and just then he decided to check out her house to see if she is there or not. He ran to her house and see the lights in the house is on and he hopefully went up to it and bang on the door, hopefully Mina or someone else can open the door for him.

 

Mina looked shocked and terrified as she heard Sehun shouting at the door and was stunned there. Her eonnis all heard it and were eyeing her weirdly. Something definitely did happen between this two again but this time it seems as if it is even worse than the previous time. Kuroi give Mina one more look and wanted to walk towards the door and open it for Sehun when suddenly Mina snap back to reality, upon seeing Kuroi walk there and she held onto Kuroi’s arm tightly and said, “Please eonni please don’t open the door for him!! Please I am begging you please!!”

 

“What is it this time?? Why are you avoiding him??” Kuroi asked.

 

“Please I cannot tell you the reason but please do not open the door for him!! Please I am really begging you!!” Mina said looking as if she is going to cry. Looking at how she is going to cry any moment, she couldn’t bear to do it and open the door for Sehun but then she also feels bad for Sehun who is standing outside the door. Kuroi sigh.

 

“I can agree to that no problem but then I got a condition.” Kuroi state.

 

“What is it??” At that point of time, she is sure she can agree to anything so long as the door won’t be open. Listening to Sehun non-stop banging and shouting outside, it just terrifies her and she really don’t want to meet him now.

 

“If I don’t open the door, you have to explain to me later what is happening and why are you avoiding him. If you can agree to that, I won’t open the door.”

 

Mina sigh. It seems like this is the only way looking at how determined Kuroi is about this. She really don’t want them to worry about her problems but then it seems like it is unavoidable under this circumstances. She sigh once again and said, “Fine I will agree to that so please abide to that side of your bargain. I am trusting you now.”

 

“Don’t worry I will. Now go out and take a hot bath and change out of all this wet clothing and then relax a while and after that we will talk. We will be waiting until you talk.”

 

“Thanks eonni.” Mina gave a weak smile and slowly walked up to her bedroom.

 

The banging continued non-stop outside, seems like Sehun is not giving up on trying to find her. They sigh and Vannie asked, “Is this really alright?? Just leaving them like that?? There is clearly something wrong between them and is it really good for them to not just meet one another??”

 

“I know it is wrong of me to do something like this but then, I just can’t. After seeing her face I just can’t. I just can’t seem to bring myself to do it…” Kuroi said.

 

“It is not your fault. I am sure if it was any of us, we wouldn’t have the courage to do it too. You did great. At least we manage to get Mina to say out what is the reason and maybe from there we can help her further.”

 

“What are we going to do with him?? What if he doesn’t give up and doesn’t leave??” Vannie signaled to the door.

 

“Well let’s just pretend that we are not at home and hope that he just go off by himself.” Kuroi said.

 

The banging and shouting continues on for a while and her eonnis were already getting used to it when suddenly there was silence and Vannie suddenly rubbed her ears and said, “Is it me or is it suddenly very quiet outside??”

 

Sehun looked defeatedly at the door as he stopped banging on it. It seems as if they are not here and none of them is at home. His tears were running uncontrollably down his face and he doesn’t seem to care about it. Why did he even allow that to happen just now?? It is suppose to be just a simple talk between Tae In and him but why did it ended up that way?? He should have known that Tae In must have something up her sleeves the moment she entered the room and he should have been more careful about it. He hate himself for not pushing Tae In away when she force herself on him and instead stun there and making Tae In more and more bold and advance even more and happened to let Mina see it. This is a sign. A sign when he cannot find Mina everywhere. A sign that he is facing his punishments for making Mina feel that way. He continued to cry as he slowly walked away from her house.

 

Mina walked slowly down from the stairs and into the living room where her eonnis sit there waiting for her. She calm herself down a little before walking towards them and said, “I can’t talk like this so can you just pass me some alcohol??”

 

“I guess we all need a drink then.” Kuroi laughed and she went into the kitchen to grab some alcohol, glasses and some snacks and help everyone to pour the drinks. Mina took a drink of the alcohol and wait for the alcohol to kick in a little, giving her a little confident before saying, “I saw Sehun oppa kissing someone else today.”

 

“What??!! Who is that ??!! I am going to fight her!!” Kuroi shouted.

 

“That is not nice of you so don’t you dare to fight her because it is not worth it. The person is none other than Tae In who kissed him.” Mina laughed with a tint of sadness before saying again, “Suho oppa and I were just on our way happily to meet him when we heard a crash coming from the room that we are suppose to meet and so we rushed there, thinking that he might hurt himself but then when we reached, we… we saw them kissing… and Tae In… Tae In… she was ing Sehun’s shirt… and… Sehun was not doing anything… and… and…” Mina start to sob a little and starts to drown herself some more alcohol to calm herself down.

“The best part is that I did not even do anything. I did not stop them or anything. I just ran away. I was just too sad, too sad to even do anything. I am so stupid. I didn’t even give him the chance to let him explain and now I am just avoiding him. I don’t know anymore. My heart is just broken, I just don’t want to talk about it for a while.” Mina said and just then she just let everything go and just cry out loud.

 

Looking at her cry, her eonnis want to say something to help make her feel better but somehow it doesn’t seem easy and they just keep on patting her on the back and hugging her to calm her down as she continue to cry and drink.

 

“Mina I think you should stop drinking. You are drunk.” Vannie said as she took the glass from Mina’s hand.

 

“But.. but… I still wanna drink. I want to drown all this sadness with the alcohol and not wake up to this reality.” Mina said in a drunken state as she tried to snatch back her drink.

 

“No no no!! You are going to bed right this moment!!” Kuroi said as she tried to pull her up from the sofa.

 

“Ahhh no!! I want to drink some more!!” Mina grumbled and wanted to snatch for more alcohol.

 

“No you are going now!!” With that all her eonnis use all her strength to pull her up from her seat and start to walk towards her room with Mina shouting, “Hmmm but I want my alcohol!! My alcohol baby!! My best friend!! I need it!! I need it to get rid of all the sadness I am feeling!!” With that she started crying again and continue to shout while the rest of her eonnis managed to drag her back into her room. Kuroi hold on to Mina while the rest make her bed and then they lie her down on her bed. Mina continued to cry for a while more before falling into a deep sleep. Looking at her behaving like this breaks their heart and it seems that they cannot do anything to help her. Kuroi sigh and sat down beside her, patting her gently on the head and helping her to wipe her tears that is still left glistening on her face.

 

“Mina. What are you going to do from now on??”

 

Sehun slowly dragged his emotionally and physically tired body through the dorm and saw that Suho is still up waiting for him. Suho walked up to him the moment he saw Sehun entered the dorm and asked, “How are you feeling right now??”

 

Sehun smiled a little before saying, “I feel like a total bastard right now for making her see that. I feel like I really because I am sure her heart is broken into pieces right now.”

 

“I am sorry to hear that and also sorry for being so harsh on you just now at the company. Did you get to find her and explain to her what happened??”

 

“I didn’t found her at all. It seems like she have disappeared from the depths of this world as if she did not even exist. It feels as if she is purposely hiding from me, making me unable to find her.” Just then he notice a bag sitting on top of the coffee table that doesn’t look like it belongs in the house at all. It seems girly and so he asked, “Hyung what is that??”

 

“Come let me show you.” With that Suho guide Sehun towards the coffee table and he opened up the bag to revealed box after box of neatly pack food.

 

“What is this?? Who made it??”

 

Suho looked up warmly at him and said, “Mina did. She made this for today but then too many things happen so you both didn’t have the chance to enjoy this and I felt it wasn’t nice to just leave it there and so I brought it back.”

 

Sehun slowly sat down in front of the coffee table and his tears just start to flow down his cheeks and he want to hide it from Suho by rubbing it away with the back of his hand but his tears just keep flowing non-stop. He is just too touch by what Mina had did but at the same time he is also feeling very sorry towards her for making her feel so sad and having to see that. He felt so useless for causing her nothing but pain.

 

Seeing how sad Sehun is, Suho pat him gently on the back to comfort him and trying to change the topic a bit, he said. “Shall we try what Mina cooked?? It will be a waste to just throw it away…”

 

Sehun nodded and with that Suho reach into the bag to get the utensils and pass it to Sehun and with that they dig into the food. “Hunnie-ya you found yourself a great girlfriend. This food is really good. I didn’t know she can cook this well~~” Sehun smiled and just continued eating.

 

When they are eating halfway, Suho reached towards the back of the sofa and took out something from behind it. Sehun turned to look at him and was shocked to see what he is holding. Sehun put down his utensils in shock. Suho smiled a little and said, “I believe this is yours right??” Suho passed the bear, Brown, back to him.

 

Sehun nodded and reach out to take Brown back and looked at it and said, “Mina really like this bear and she like it even more than me and I am going to use Brown to win her back but then happens and I wasn’t able to do that.” He smiled a little and toy with Brown a little.

 

“I am sure you will have the chance to give this to her, the rightful owner. For now you just have to guard it.”

 

“Thanks hyung. Thanks for taking all this back.”

 

“It is nothing.” Suho smiled and then said, “There are still a lot of food left so let’s continue to eat.” Sehun nodded and they continued on with the food.

 

Sehun barely slept throughout the night, thinking about how he is going to apologise to Mina and trying to catch her and make her listen to what he has to say and also staring at Brown where he have come to place it on his bed and staring it just reminds him of her so much. Despite having schedules today, he still get up early just to make sure he catch an eye of Mina before he get on with today’s stuff. He was just about to get out of the house when Suho woke up, looking sleepy and asked, “Hunnie… where are you going so early in the morning??”

 

“I have to meet Mina. It is urgent!! I have to catch her before she disappear again!! I have to explain to her!!”

 

“But… then we have schedules today… which is pretty soon… Are you sure this is a good idea?? You might be late you know…”

 

“Don’t worry hyung~~ I will make sure I reach there on time!! I will be going now bye!!” With that Sehun escape out of the door before Suho can attempt to stop him once again.

 

Suho sigh and shake his head a little as he watch Sehun went out of the house. He slowly withdrew his eyes from the door and went to get ready for the day.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update today~~ This makes a double update this week so if you haven't check out the previous chapter please remember to do so hahahaha~~ so sorry for all the gloom in this recent chapters... I guess I have been feeling rather gloomy hence the gloom but then a crisis is what makes a story good right?? hahaha something i learnt from my writing teacher years back and I still feel I let him down with all my works but I am determined to work hard on writing since it is something that I find great pleasures in doing~~ Can't wait for cnblue you are so fine mv tonight and the album because their music is so nice and I really can't wait to see what they have in store for me this time~~ Everytime it just wows me at their capabilities and as a music student here i feel i at my music craft hahahaha~~ Feel like I at everything which makes me sometimes wonder what am i truly good at... sigh... oh well i am becoming gloomy again sigh... sorry everyone hahahaha~~ I should propbably leave before my gloominess kill everyone but i hope everyone sticks with me until we see light in this story!! Thank you everyone for your support and enjoy reading!! :)))