Chapter 17

Wrong Star, Right Prize

For the whole day Mina has been feeling rather weird after what her eonnis had said that morning. "Do i really like him or something?? Like what they say why am I going out of my ways to help him so much?? I even sacrifice my most important thing to me in this world, sleep... how serious is that?? I don't know... but recently I have been feeling weird around him... Nooo maybe i just like him as a friend, as a friend!!" She made up her mind but the moment she saw him, maybe her mind isn't that made up after all.

 

Her heart started beating very fast when she saw him sitting there at the reception area waiting for her like usual, with Tae In's absence and the first thought that came to her mind was to try and avoid him so she decided to slowly crept away when Sehun called out her name as usual and came up to her.

 

"Hi." Sehun said.

 

"H...h...hi..."

 

"Ya... what's wrong with you?? Are you okay??"

 

"I... I am.. fi... fine... no worries."

 

"Then why are you stammering so hard today?? Are you running a fever?? With that he raised his hand and feel her forehead. That send her heart beating even faster than before and she starts to blush very hard. She immediately remove his hand and said, "I am really okay!! Let's get going if not we are going to be late." With that she quickly walk off with Sehun following behind her.

 

They were silent for a while before Sehun said, "Well isn't there something that you need to say to me??" He teased and look at her. Mina tense up the moment he said that sentence and she knew immediately what he meant.

 

"Thank you so much for yesterday. I am always causing so much trouble for you. So sorry. I hope my eonnis isn't too harsh on you."

 

"You're welcome. Well they were a bit shocked to know that we are the only ones having extra classes but they say it is your choice so they cannot say or do much. I hope they wasn't being harsh on you too."

 

"They wasn't hahahaha~~"

 

"That's good because i was worried about you. But it is good to hear that they wasn't harsh on you so tonight we are doing it again?? I didn't get to show you what i have done yesterday night."

 

"Okay sure no problem. I will make sure i will not fall asleep again so as not to cause you anymore trouble."

 

"Ya!! You are no trouble and you cause no problem for me so stop saying that!!"

 

"Fine. Thank you so much." With that Mina smiled and they entered the studio together. Like yesterday, they are still continuing with the research for a genre and generating ideas for it. Mina was walking around helping them as some of them like Sehun was having some troubles with the choosing so she give them the same tips she gave Sehun and they are finally getting along the way. Sehun is just looking through all the genres that he had done up yesterday night and seeing if there is anything more he can add to make it more better before he show it to her during their extra lesson. Tae In appeared to send them some food and also to check on Mina and Sehun to make sure they are not doing anything lovey dovey in the class. She entered and see them all quiet, doing their work so she knows there is nothing going wrong with them. She left them the food and chat with Mina for a while before she went out.

 

The class ended and as usual nobody wanted to stay with them as they were too tired to continue thinking but Mina made sure that they try to work on it when they have free time since the next time they are going to meet is on Saturday and that they will each have a presentation to see how far they have come and Mina will give them tips on that. Mina and Sehun said their goodbyes while the rest of the members left.

 

They sat back down and Mina said, "Okay my mission for this extra lesson will be not to fall asleep. Let's do this!! Show me what you have done."

 

Sehun laughed and took out the list of genres that he had made and Mina look through it and nodded. "It seems like you have really put in a lot of thoughts into the genres and they are really good. I am really proud of you. So any idea which one you are going to choose??"

 

"Actually I have a problem with that because I feel like trying all of it because I feel that the ideas I have generated for all of it sounds pretty good so I want to give a shot but I don't know if that is okay..."

 

"I think that is good. You can just try it all since you still got a lot of time until Saturday so just try and see which one will work out and which one will make you stuck. Hahahaha good luck."

 

"Thanks. I think I also have to say good luck to you." Sehun laughed and turn back to his work.

 

"Why do you have to say good luck to me??"

 

"Well good luck in trying to stay awake." Sehun laughed.

 

"Ya!! You don't have to worry about me. I will make sure i keep awake."

 

"Okay. If you need help tell me." Sehun laughed and they fell into silence when he started to work.

 

"What does he mean by tell him if i need help?? Shouldn't it be the other way?? What's wrong with him??" But slowly she starts to get what he means because it is so quiet in the room, it is so peaceful that it is making it so difficult for her to try and keep awake.

 

She tried all sorts of things to keep herself awake like taking a walk, washing her face, doing stretching, standing around but still she wants to sleep. Sehun laughed quietly to himself as he sees her trying her best to keep awake. The moment she took a seat, her head threaten to collide onto the table and just sleep but she is resisting it. He laughed again before turning towards her and said, "If you want to sleep, just sleep. It's okay."

 

"Nope. I am not going to sleep. This will be my mission today and I won't trouble you."

 

"Hahahaha~~ No worries I will make sure I wake you up this time."

 

"Nope. I will save you the trouble of waking me up and maybe facing my scary side.”

 

"Like I said it's okay. I rather face your scary side then to see you suffer like that, not being able to sleep."

 

Mina can feel her heart starts to beat faster and faster and her face feels a bit hot because of what Sehun said. She is really speechless and just continue to stare at him.

 

"Are you feeling very touch by me?? Are you in love with me yet??"

 

"Ya!!" And she slap him on the arm.

 

"Ouch that hurts!! Is this your way of saying yes you are really touch by me??"

 

"Of course not!! I am not touch!!" With that she looked away and feeling more awake than ever. They fell into a silence and only after a while before Sehun asked, "Are you feeling awake now??"

 

"Yup. Thanks for picking up a fight with me to keep me awake."

 

"hahahaha you're welcome. If you still feeling tired you can talk to me or pick a fight with me."

 

"No worries i will make sure I fight you!!"

 

"I will be looking forward to that!!"

 

"Hmmm... by the way are you done??"

 

"Nope... still a bit more..."

 

"Okay..."

 

---------- a few minutes later ----------

 

Growing restless, Mina started to disturb Sehun. "Sehun oppppaaaa~~"

 

"What is it??" Not looking up from his work.

 

"Sehunnn ahhhhh~~"

 

"You are being disrespectful. I am older than you. I am your oppa~~" Sehun said still doing his work.

 

"Sehunnieeee??"

 

"Ya!! What do you want??" Sehun asked looking up from his work.

 

"Nothing... just wanna annoy you hehehehehe~~" With that Mina started giggling to herself.

 

"Ya why are you behaving like a kid??"

 

"I don't know i just feel like... maybe it is because i am too tired so i am a bit high~~"

 

"Sighh what am i going to do with you??"

 

"Nothing!! You cannot do anything hehehehehe!! Are you done??"

 

"Nope sadly."

 

"Faster!!! I is bored..." With that Mina put her head on the table and pout.

 

"Fine just a little more!!"

 

"Yay!! Weeeehooo~~ Can i fight you??"

 

"What??!!"

 

"I am just kidding hehehehehe!! Faster faster!!"

 

"Okay i am done!!"

 

"Yay!! You are the best!! Show me show me!!" Mina said happily, turning to him to see the work he had done.

 

"So far i only got this done so I don't know if it is enough for you to help me decide which one is better."

 

"Hmmmm... They are actually enough so just let me listen to it..."

 

While Mina was listening to the music he did, Sehun took his chance to observe her from her big brown eyes and long lashes to her small button nose to her lips that is pouting slightly and she has really rosy cheeks and fair complexion.

 

"Her cheeks are so chubby, i wonder how it is like to pinch it." He smiled as he thought.

 

Suddenly Mina said, "Do you like what you are seeing??"

 

That snap Sehun out from his trance and he got defensive and said, "Ya!!! How could you say that??!!"

 

"Well i learn from the best hahahaha~~ While someone is busy admiring my pretty face, I have analyze the songs that you did... ermmm this song is a bit boring in my sense like other typical songs you hear out there and this one i think you didn't really capture the essence of the genre and this one well maybe we can make it work but it just need a bit more help."

 

Sehun looks kind of sad when she said that so she quickly added, "Hahahaha it is still counted as good since it has only been awhile since you first started composing. Don't be sad!! We still have until Saturday to work on it!! Even though i can't be there to help you but then you can always send it to me on our chat or private chat and I can listen to it and give you some tips on it. Don't be disappointed."

 

"I know I am not there yet but thanks for being honest with me."

 

"You're welcome... i guess we should call it a day today. Maybe you are tired so a good night rest is maybe what you need to compose and have a better idea on what you want to do."

 

"Okay then let's go."

 

"Weehooo~~ homeeeee!!" With that Mina happily pack up her bag and was about to leave when Sehun held her back.

 

"Ya!! What do you think you are doing??" Mina said while looking at him back to his hand that is on her wrist.

 

"I should be the one asking you what you are doing. Didn't you remember that I am suppose to send you home??"

 

“Oh yeahhh that… actually it is okay if you don’t send me home… I can go back by myself like I just grab a cab or something. Don’t worry I won’t tell the rest of the oppas you didn’t do it so you won’t get into trouble.”

 

“No wayy I am going to do that!! I have promise my hyungs so it is my duty to send you home especially when it is so late now!! It will be too dangerous even if you take a cab so no matter what you are going home with me and this conversation ends here. I am going to send you home and that’s final so just wait here while I get my stuff.”

 

“Fine…” So Mina set there for a while looking around while Sehun got his stuff. When he is done he motion for her to follow him to get his car. They were silent throughout the whole walk there and when they reach his car, Mina’s eyes perk up.

 

“Woooow you have a really nice car!!”

 

“Thanks!!” With that they got into the car and Sehun started to drive.

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t have reject my dad’s offer of buying me a car to drive around. After seeing your car I feel like getting one too~~”

 

“Really?? What kind of car do you think of getting??”

 

“I have one in mind already hehehehe~~ It is a Range Rover!!”

 

“What??!! That is like a really odd choice for a girl like it doesn’t fit…”

 

“Ya i know but I just love how the way the car looks!! It is just so cool~~”

 

“You really have a thought of your own hahaha~~”

 

“Of course I am unique and different from others hahahaha~~” There is a small silence before Mina started yawning and said, “Your car is so comfortable i want to sleep…”

 

“Hahahaha!! If you are tired, you can sleep… I will wake you up later…”

 

“Noooo!!! Did you forgot what my mission is for today?? I won’t sleep~~ Plus I hear from other people that when driving at night, it is better to have someone keep talking to the driver so that they won’t be tired and cause an accident.”

 

“Awww are you sparing a thought for me now??”

 

This got Mina blushing and her heart beating faster and she can feel her face burning up. She is for once thankful that it is dark in the car that he cannot see her blushing. “Nooo… Of… of course not!! I am just worried that we will get into an accident. How am I going to answer to the rest of the oppas and also to your fans?? I will be killed… no way… I am still very young. I still got a lot of things I want to do.”

 

Sehun shoot a glance at Mina’s direction and looking at how serious she looks, he can’t help himself but to start laughing uncontrollably.

 

“What??!! Why are you laughing??!! I am just speaking the truth!! Yaaa!! Stop laughing!! In this rate we are really going to get an accident.” But looking at how he is can’t stop laughing, she somehow got infected by him and started to laugh non stop with him.

 

“Ahahaha my stomach hurts omg!! That is so funny!!” Sehun said after finally calming down and after a while then he continue saying with a very serious look on his face, “Don’t worry I will protect you from all my fans. I will make sure no one hurts you… ever.”

 

That sentence shocked Mina and suddenly she got quiet and look down, away from him. She doesn’t know if what he is saying is real or not or he is just kidding around with her but for that moment she just wants it to be real. She wants to be able to have a feel of how it is like to be protected by him but it somehow seems impossible.

 

“Why am I having such a thought?? Am I really in fact falling slowly, slowly for Sehun?? It can’t be true right?? But recently I have been feeling weird around him… Am i really?? Help someone stop all this feelings I am having… I am so confused…”

 

Sehun slowly notice the silence in the air and asked, “Are you okay?? Did I say something wrong??”

 

“Nah it is nothing… I am just enjoying the peacefulness that comes with driving at night~~ Everything is so peaceful so calm~~”

 

Sehun stole a glance at her face and seeing how peaceful she looks, he didn’t dare to disturb her and just concentrate on getting her home safely. But what he didn’t know is that although her face looks really peaceful but in her heart, it is no where close to being peaceful as she fights internally with all her feels, trying to figure out what is it that she is truly feeling towards Sehun…

 


hi hi hi~~ double update this week~~ for those who didn't  know i did a double update this week, you  guys can check it out hehehehe~~ I am so happy that finally this fanfic is starting to get more and more interesting and proceeding more and more to the . Our Mina here is slowly recongising the feeling she felt towards Sehun and I wonder how what will happen hahaha~~ I am having more and more fun writing this fanfic and I hope you guys are also having fun while reading this fanfic too~~ If you enjoy it, remember to subscirbe to me and also upvote it hehehehe!! I can't stay for long, still got a zillion homework and project to complete while my exams are coming up and I have yet to study sighh... oh well... I will manage somehow hahaha~~ All the best to everyone!! take care of yourself and enjoy reading!! :)))