Chapter 38

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“I am home…” Mina called out after entering her house. It has been a really emotionally and physically tiring day for her from all the running and the problems with Sehun. She just can’t wait to just sleep all of it off.

 

“Oh you are home.” Vannie replied and they all looked up at her to see that she looks like a walking zombie, looking tired to the max.

 

“Are you okay? You look like a walking zombie.” Kuroi commented.

 

“That is great… that means I can be casted in the walking dead right and I will make a great zombie right??”

 

“Mina, the joke, it is not funny.” Sooin said.

 

“Ouch that hurts. My heart…” and everyone stared at her and she laughed and said, “So sorry… I am just really tired … both emotionally and physically so much so it is making a bit high for no odd reasons. I really just want to run away from all this things and go to somewhere and start over again…”

 

“Just hang in there, we are sure that is all going to be over soon.” Vannie encouraged her.  

 

“Thanks eonni.”

 

“So by the way how are things between you and Sehun? ” Kuroi asked carefully.

 

“Ya… he came to find me just before work starts today and question me about my injuries which i believe is being said by you guys.” With that Mina came to glare at her eonnis and her eonnis start to avoid her glaring eyes and Kuroi said, “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to but it was crucial in order to know what is it that you are hiding from us. We were just worried.”

 

Mina sigh. “I know… but you just got more people worried about me and I hate that… makes me feel like a really big burden making you all worried when you guys have many things to worry about already… feels like I have failed as a human being…”

 

“Hey don’t say that!! You are really important to us that is why we want to worry about you because your worries are our worries and so, we have all rights to worry about you and you cannot stop us from doing that.” Sooin said while Mina groan in despair.

 

“But then you and Sehun… are you just going to leave your relationships hanging like that?? You should most probably do something about it…” Vannie said.

 

“I know but then I don’t know what should I do about it. I really miss him a lot, miss having him by my side but then I just don’t know how to start especially when there are so many problems out there for me to solve. Now that all this have happen, somehow I just want to be with him more than ever.” MIna sigh.

 

“I am sure that time is soon. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“Thanks eonni. It is getting late. I think should we should all go to bed even if there is no class tomorrow… nights eonnis~~ I will see you tomorrow~~” With that Mina sigh and walk slowly up the stairs and into her room.

 

Her eonnis look as Mina disappears into her room. They are all thinking of the same thing. There are bound to be something that they can do to cheer up their maknae, but then what is it??

 

Just then, Kuroi’s handphone rang and she was just about to scold the person who is calling her at such odd timing at night but then when she saw the name of the person that is calling her, she smiled, maybe there is something that they can all do to cheer Mina up, with that she picked up the phone and answered it. Sooin and Vannie at the same time watched as Kuroi’s expression changes as the person on the phone tells her something that interest her a lot and they are really curious as to who is that person and what is happening. When she finally hung up, they cannot stop themselves but to ask who is the person that had called her at this timing and what is it that is making her smile so evilly. Kuroi did not say anything related to the phone call and only say that, “I have an idea how to help Mina and Sehun and it is going to be goodddd~~”

 

Mina entered the company the next day, shaking her head. It is Saturday but her bullies show no sign of resting and can be seen following Mina all the way to work but then as usual she is able to get rid of them without any worries. “They should seriously should get a rest I mean it is Saturday.” Mina mumbled to herself as she walked towards the room that they are using. Today will be the day they choose the final piece that they feel is the best and will be put into EXO’s upcoming album. It is just down to Chanyeol’s and Lay’s piece and it is just either one of them that will be walking away with the chance of showing the world their composing skills. Mina is actually very excited for it as they are both really talented composers, the top 2 best composers in EXO and therefore she is very curious as to who will have the final win.

 

After rounds of voting and critics by different people, they finally come to a conclusion and Mina sat there nervously as they wait for them to announce the results that they had voted anonymously. Mina wanted the both of them to win as they are both her students and her oppas but then there is only one and she secretly wish the both of them good luck.

 

“Well here goes nothing.” Jiyah announced as she unscroll the paper that contains the name of the person that had won the competition and she slowly start to announce. “Well, it is a really close fight but then the winner is Lay.” and those that had voted for him cheered and Mina also cheered along as she is happy for Lay oppa for winning it but at the same time sad for the rest of the oppas who did not manage to win too as she knows that they had worked extra hard for it.

 

“Thank you everyone for the past one week of hard work, trying to choose the best piece out of all 12 of them. It had been really hard because their work is of such good quality and all of them actually sounds good, especially more so for Mina because they are all her students and also not forgetting all the quarrels and fights that we have on which song to choose so I am deeply grateful and now you all can take a rest and enjoy yourself. Goodnight and see you on Monday.” With that Jiyah gave a bow and then went up individually to thank all the judges for their time and hard work and also most of them linger around to chat for a while more before leaving.

 

Jiyah walked up to Mina to thank her and at the same time she said, “Oh you have to come with me for a while to relay the good news to the EXO members so don’t you dare run away. Thanks for the job well done. Because of you, we were able to listen to such good quality pieces of work but then it isn’t good when we are trying to choose the best piece. Gives us all a headache and the most headache to you of course. I am so thankful Mina for having you here and I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful works being done and used by our artists.”

 

“Thank you so much for your compliment. I wouldn’t have done it without such support from the company too. I will continue to do my best and won’t let you down.” With that Mina gave a bow to Jiyah and Jiyah smiled and gave her a pat on the back before proceeding on to the next person.

 

After everyone have left, Jiyah and Mina made their way to the practice room that EXO is using to practice and Mina is somehow feeling quite nervous upon the thought that she is going to meet EXO, more of nervous about seeing Sehun as they haven’t patch things up yet. Mina tried to calm her nervous heart but then it is to no avail and just then they have reached the studio that they are practicing in. Jiyah gently knock on the door before entering.

 

Upon seeing the person that entered the room, EXO immediately stopped whatever they were doing and gathered, giving bows to both Jiyah and Mina.

 

“What brings you here today?? Suho asked Jiyah wondering why she is here, along with Mina.

 

“Well I thought you would have guessed it by now. The reason why I am here is that I have the results as to whose composition is going to be put into the upcoming EXO album and I am here to announce it, along with your teacher, Mina.”

 

Upon hearing that announcement, suddenly EXO becomes really quiet and nervous as this had been something that they had all been waiting for, something to see whether they have this privilege to be chosen and having their skills being recognised. They all looked up in anticipation as they awaits the results to be announced by Jiyah.

 

“First thing first. I have to praise you all for the job well done because all 12 compositions were of super good quality that we do not even know how we are going to choose the winning piece and we have a lot of headaches and quarrels while trying to get it done so thanks for the headaches everyone and now I am going to announce the results.” With that Jiyah look once at Mina before continuing. “The winner is…” Well EXO being the cheeky self that they are, quickly added their own drum roll, making Jiyah laugh at them. “The winner is… Lay!! Congrats!!” With that everyone cheered for him while he continued to sit there looking shocked and blur as if he still don’t really have a grasp as to what is happening.

 

“Are you sure it is me?? Me??!!” Lay questions as he still didn’t believe he have won.

 

“Yes it is really you Lay!! It is not a joke.” Jiyah confirmed.

 

“Really?? Really??!! Thank you so much for the chance!! I will make sure I won’t let you down or any of the members and Mina down!! Thank you so much and I really appreciate it!!”

 

“That’s good to hear!! I will be looking forward to the end product and this also means that the time for your comeback will be really soon and so I need you all to practice even harder and gear up for the comeback.” Then she looked at Mina and said, “Mina say something to them.”

 

Mina was a bit lost at words as she was suddenly being called by Jiyah to talk but then she still continued as usual. “Well I want to congrats Lay oppa because the composition he did is really amazing and I am sure the end product will be really awesome too!! I am looking forward to seeing it and also learning from you as a fellow composers so let’s work hard together!! For the rest of the oppas, I know some of you is really sad but then just take this as a learning experience and learn from it. There are more opportunity coming and I know of it and I hope none of you give up on composing and do know that I will always be cheering for you guys no matter what!!”

 

“Thanks Mina for that encouraging words. Well I think it is time for us to make our leave. Once again congrats Lay and good luck to all of you for the comeback!!” Jiyah said and with that they bow and headed out of the room and once outside Jiyah and Mina made her way home while Jiyah still have some stuff that she needs to settle.

 

“Ding Dong.” Goes the doorbell and Mina wonder who could that be as it is really rare for them to have any visitors while a part of her is so lazy to get up from the sofa as she is just enjoying her Sunday afternoon. She sigh and make her way slowly to open the door and when she saw the person behind the door, she got a shock.

 

“Surprise!!” They shouted, shocking Mina one more time and it took Mina a while to find her voice and said, “Oppas what are you doing here??”

 

“Well... after our failed surprise attempt in the company the last time so we decided we should do it one more time today and of course helping Lay to celebrate on his composition being used in our upcoming album!! So are you surprised?? Surprised??” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Of course I am surprised!! I am so surprised I still don’t know what to do with you guys because my eonnis are at home too…”

 

“One thing is for sure is that you cannot reject us and we are going in right now!! Don’t worry we get along well with anyone and so your eonnis won’t mind.” Chanyeol said and with that they start to barge into Mina’s house and Mina attempted to stop them but then to no avail. Suho walked past and smile apologetically to Mina, while Sehun is the last to enter the house and when he is walking by, Mina can’t help but to glare at him, wondering if it is one of his tactic to patch up with her but Sehun somehow seems to be able to read what she is thinking and cutely bring his hand up to cover his eyes so that he won’t have to see Mina glaring right at him. Although he is doing that, he still can’t help it but to move his hand away a bit to look at Mina and when he sees that Mina is still staring at him, he quickly put his hand back.

 

“I… I did not plan this at all trust me. I just blindly followed the hyungs. Sorry.” With that he quickly escaped into the house. He really did not know anything about it as his hyungs just said that they are going out to celebrate Lay hyung’s composition being used in the album and he just followed without asking where they are going and before he can do anything about it, they are already reaching Mina’s house and when he asked why they are going there, their reason was, “Oh how can we celebrate it by ourselves without Mina?? She is the one that helped us the most in our compositions and guiding us on how to do it and without her, we wouldn’t have been able to do so well.” Lay also added in saying that he wanted to thank Mina too for her help and therefore there is nothing that Sehun can to prevent it and somehow he keeps feeling as if there is a hidden agenda behind this but he just can’t seem to put a name to it.

 

“This is so awkward. But I really hope through today’s events, maybe Mina and I can really patch things up…”

 

While closing the door, Mina can’t help but smile to herself as she remembers how cute Sehun was looking and behaving while he is trying to prove that he is innocent in all this planning. She was thinking back about the event when she heard someone calling her.

 

“Mina? Hello anyone there?” Kuroi questions.

 

“Yes what is it??” Mina asked as she is snap back to reality due to Kuroi’s voice.

 

“Well I was just going to ask who came and what is all that ruckus is about when I saw them. But then why are they here?” Kuroi asked acting blur as this is actually all being planned up beforehand with Baekhyun where they had just plan to come over to have fun and just have a meal and at the same time try to force Mina and Sehun together so that they can talk and patch things up but then yesterday’s news just provide an even more feasible reason for them to celebrate and come over.

 

“Oh to celebrate Lay oppa’s composition being used in the upcoming album… they say they cannot celebrate without me who is the one that is guiding them all the way so far.” Mina replied as she watched the eonnis greet the rest of the EXO members. “Seems like they really have gotten closer after the last time they abandon us.” Mina thought to herself.

 

“I see… since they are already here then there is nothing that we can do so let’s celebrate then… but where are we going to hold it? Are we going out to eat or something?” Kuroi said

 

“How about we just hold it here?? I mean you guys have a really big back yard out there and it will be a pity not to use it and plus like that we can eat in peace too and enjoy ourselves much more!!” Baekhyun said. “You guys won’t say no right??”

 

“Uh-Oh.” Kuroi suddenly said and that shocked everyone including Mina and suddenly even Baekhyun look like he is going to panic. “I thought we have gone over this but why does she suddenly say oh no??” Baekhyun thought and he started staring at Kuroi without blinking, hoping that Kuroi will see the signals that he is trying to send with his eyes, asking her to give him an answer as to what is happening.”

 

“What is it??” Mina asked.

 

“We need food in order to celebrate but then we have no food in the house so how are we going to celebrate? I didn’t know you guys are coming so I did not even stock up food…” Kuroi mumbled and Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief… “That is what she meant I thought what she is up to this time round.” Baekhyun thought.

 

“That is simple. We can just go out to buy food back. There is just a supermarket very near our place so we can just go there.  It will be quick since there are so many of us here.” Vannie suggested.

 

“Okay then!! That is settle so everyone let’s go and buy food!! Mina lead the way!!” Baekhyun shouted and motioned for her to lead the way.

 

Mina let out a small groan as she went back to her room to get ready to go out. “There goes the rest of my Sunday.” and while she is getting ready, she kept having this feeling that something bad is going to happen and she can’t help herself but to worry about it.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am here for a white day special update!! Happy white day everyone!! I hope you guys have enjoyed your day so far!! I have enjoyed mine by having a little date~~ Ya date with me, myself and I hahahaha~~ At the museum today and going for an exhibit that I have really wanted to go and so lucky to have gone for it for free and that made me so happy!! The exhibit is really nice showing all the different artefacts from different parts of the world from the past and it is just fun~~ I can't believe I spend 5 hours in that musuem just walking through everything~~ I think i have just break my personal best~~ Can't wait to go for more museums trip while I am still free~~ All right I still have things I need to get done so thank you everyone and enjoy reading!! :)))