Chapter 40

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

“Woooo crackers!! Let’s get them!!” Mina said happily and immediately take a few packets of each flavour and throw it into the trolley that she is pushing.

 

“No. Dong Mina. That is way too many. Choose one flavour and put the rest back!” Kuroi told Mina off.

 

“But… but then they are all very nice… I don’t know which to choose so let’s just get all!!” Mina said trying to convince Kuroi.

 

“No way. No means no. If you cannot choose I will help you choose.” Kuroi said and starts to put the unwanted flavours that most people won’t like back onto the shelves. One thing she don’t like about shopping for food with Mina is that everything she sees, she wants to buy and it is really bad and every time she recalls all of their supermarket trips which consists of her trying to take care of 3 kids. The first kid being Sooin who is very health conscious and therefore she have to make sure she read through all the nutritional values and compare it first before choosing the correct one. Next child number 2, Vannie where she will just be very focus on getting all the sweets, chocolates and also hot chocolates packs and she had to stop them. Then the last child, Mina where everything she likes she just put into the trolley and when Kuroi wants to remove it, Mina will always try to reason it with her and she will always lose but then she will still keep on doing it no matter what and that always drives Kuroi nuts. Every trip to the supermarket makes Kuroi feels as if half of her life is gone and therefore most of the time she make sure she handle all the groceries herself so that she doesn't have to deal with all the kids.

 

Mina pout as they continue to walk and just then she saw chocolates and her eyes light up again and she immediately made sure no one is looking and she sneak it into the pile of snacks in the trolley. She continued to look busy and Kuroi was going to put something into the trolley and just then she notice that pile of chocolates and she immediately knew who is the one who put it in. She exclaimed, “Dong Mina! Why did you put the chocolates in??”

 

“I am just thinking Vannie eonni might like it so I am helping her to get some~~”

 

“We have enough of chocolates at home so we don’t need this. I am putting it back to the shelf.”

 

“No… They are chocolates…” Mina said with a pout and Sehun walked up towards Mina, putting a hand on her shoulder comfortingly and said, “Mina be nice and listen to your eonni~~ We can get the chocolates the next time~~”

 

Mina glare at Sehun and said, “I hate you.” and walked away. Sehun looked super shocked at what Mina just said to him and he just stunned there for a while. Kuroi laughed and walked towards Sehun and said, “Don’t worry about it. She is like that when she doesn't get her food. Food is really important to her but then sleep is the most important followed by friends and families and then food. But then that is what makes her adorable isn’t it?” and Kuroi smiled.

 

“How do you even deal with all this things?? I mean it is so tough…”

 

“Well… if you look at the positive side of it, it is actually very bearable isn’t it.”

 

“You really are good at this~~”

 

“Well you can be too if you put in some effort~~ Later I will show you the secret to make her happy again so watch and learn.” With that Kuroi walked in front and catch up with Mina and continue on with their snacks shopping.

 

After they paid, they were waiting for the rest of them and just then Kuroi was fishing into one of the packs of snacks and said, “Mina here have some ice cream while waiting.”

 

With that Mina happily jump up to Kuroi and said, “Yay!! Eonni you are the best!! I love you!!” MIna happily took that ice cream and ate.

 

“This is what I meant just now. Even though I keep refusing to buy her stuff just now but in the end I will still get her something that she likes to reward her for behaving and making peace with her and now she is happy again and I have win her back again. Don’t give in to her every time, you have to be strict and reward her only when there is a need and at the right opportunity.” Kuroi said, laughing.

 

“I understand now. Thank you for your help.”

 

“Nah it is nothing~~ You have a share in taking care of her now and I am just telling you some things about her that will make your life easier when you are with her. Here have some ice cream~~ I bought enough for everyone actually.”

 

With that they all stood there happily eating their ice cream and just then the rest start to appear. “How is it oppas, shopping with my 2 other kids? I hope they didn’t cause you any problems…” Kuroi asked while she sees the rest of the oppas arriving back.

 

“Why are you asking something like this??” Luhan asked.

 

“Well they are always causing a hell of problems when we are in the supermarket so I was wondering if they are doing that same thing to you guys.” Kuroi replied.

 

“Oh they are really nice though and they are really helpful in giving advices and what to choose so it was a pleasure working with them and I don’t see anything like what you have just mentioned…” Luhan replied.

 

“Hmm… that’s strange… they are usually not like this… so well behaved~~”

 

“You know why Kuroi eonni??” Mina suddenly said and everyone looked at her and she said, “That is because we like to disturb you hahahahaha!!” And Mina laughed out happily and Kuroi shouted, “Dong Mina!!” Mina sense something is wrong and she gave a little squeal before running away with Kuroi chasing after her. After running a while and almost going out of energy, Mina stopped and put both hands in front of her, trying to protect herself and saying, “Let’s stop let’s stop eonni!! I know I am wrong now so let’s stop and make peace.”

 

“Fine. Let’s go home then and get all this food back home~~”

 

“Okay!! Let’s go!!” With that she link arm with Kuroi and they start making their way home.

 

Once they are at home, they are separated into 2 teams, one team to prepare the coal and cooked the meat while the other half will be in the kitchen preparing all the other food for the dinner. Team meat includes, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Kai so they are in the garden setting up the coal and lighting it up while the rest are in the kitchen preparing the rice, vegetables, other dishes and also some fruits for desserts.

 

“Kris oppa can you help me to chop the onions.” Kuroi asked.

 

“You want to see me cry is it??” Kris said with a tint of sarcasm and Kuroi glared at him first before saying, with equal amount of sarcasm, “Yeah totally, now cut them, they aren’t going to cut themselves.” With that she continued to do her stuff and everyone just laughed at Kris.

 

Mina is cutting the fruits when Sehun pressed up behind her with his hands slowly wound around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder and Sehun said with full of cuteness, “I want one~~”

 

“Here~~” With that Mina took one slice of apple and plop it into Sehun’s mouth. “Is it nice??”

 

“Yep very sweet. Thanks Mina.” With that he continued to eat and watch Mina cut her fruits. Just then they heard someone cough and clear and they turn around and saw Kuroi.

 

“ I know you guys are lovebirds and stuff but please my eyes hurt so less lovey dovey in the kitchen. Sehun if you are that free go wash the vegetables!” Kuroi said.

 

“But… but…” Sehun said.

 

“Just go if not she is going to ban you from this house.” Mina said and push him to go.

 

“But… but…”

 

“No buts just go on~~ Be nice~~” With that Mina gently pat on his to usher him to go on. Sehun pout a little before going on to attend to the pile of vegetables.

 

With the table all set to go, they all sat down, taking different seats at the table, with Sehun sitting beside Mina at the table. Mina is dying to dig in because she is so hungry but then a click on the glass signals their attention to Suho who had stand up and looks like he is going to announce something.

 

“Just before we all eat, I just want to thank Mina and her eonnis for lending us the place to celebrate Lay’s composition being used in our upcoming album. Thank you and I hope we didn’t mess up your place too much. Next let’s toast to Lay for having his composition being put in the album~~ You have no idea how proud and happy we are for you so let’s toast!!” With that everyone raise their glasses and toast to Lay while saying words of congratulations.

 

“Okay I know everyone is hungry so let’s get digging into the food!! Thank you everyone for putting in the hard work in preparing the food!! Thank you and I will eat it well!!” Suho said and everyone start saying words of gratefulness and everyone start digging in. Everything tastes very good and Mina is eating at the speed of light and Sehun is so worried that she will choke on her food or something and kept on looking at her, while saying, “Eat slowly okay~~ Don’t choke on it.”

 

Mina smiled at him and nodded before going back to her food and Sehun just smile seeing how cute she looks when she is eating all the food. While they are eating halfway, Baekhyun suddenly stood up, clicking his glass happily and saying, “Let’s play a game.”

 

“What game is it??” Chanyeol asked, suddenly very interested and also the rest except for Mina who is still too engrossed in eating than paying attention to what is happening.

 

“Truth or dare!!” With that he smile cheekily after all this is all part of his plan to make Sehun and Mina patch things up but based on today’s events he is pretty sure they are almost there but then with his little help here, he is sure things will be back to normal when they go home tonight. He smiled and said, “Everyone knows the game right?? When the bottle spins towards you, you either choose truth or dare and then for truth, we will ask a question and you have to answer truthfully while a dare, we will just dare you to do something. Simple as that so everyone ready??”

 

With that Baekhyun starts to spin the bottle and it stops and it is pointing towards Mina. Mina who is oblivious to anything, continue to eat as usual. They all shouted happily while Mina is still too engrossed in her food to even notice.

 

“Mina!! It is your turn to go first!! So truth or dare??” Kai said happily.

 

Mina did not even notice anything and everyone had to keep calling her and especially Sehun had to tap her on the shoulder to get her attention and she finally looked up and see everyone looking at her and she said, “What is happening??”

 

“You and food really cannot be separated… Once there is food, everything else is not important...” Kuroi sigh.

 

“We are playing a game of truth and dare to spice up the whole dinner and we spin the bottle and you are the first~~ So truth or dare??” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Ermmm… Truth??”

 

“Okay then truth!! Does anyone got a question for her??” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Me!! Me!!” Tao shouted excitedly.

 

“Okay Tao!! What question do you have for her??”

 

“I am just very curious~~ I wonder what mei mei likes about Sehun?? That is my question!!” Tao asked happily and upon hearing that question Mina almost choke on her food and Sehun helped to pat her on the pat to help her sallow better but then it just made things even more awkward between them.

 

“The question is asked Mina~~ You have to answer it~~” Baekhyun said. “If not you will be punish!!”

 

“Actually I am also very curious as to what they like about each other~~” Kai said happily and a few others also  nodded their head along to it.

 

Mina blush. She knows she cannot get herself out of this and therefore she starts to think about what is it that she really like about Sehun. After a while she started saying, “I ermmm...I like how he is very caring towards me,  always there for me and he is very sweet and sometimes he behaves like a little kid which makes me want to protect him so much. He never fails to amaze me with what he is capable of. He makes me happy and that is what is important.” Mina ended her little confession and she notice Sehun is staring at her adoringly and gently which makes her blush and she had to put her hand in between their faces to avoid looking at him because she is so shy.

 

Everyone is just going awww at them because they are such a sweet couple and it feels as if they are really fated to be with one another. “Awww mei mei and hunnie is so sweet together~~ I cannot take it~~ I feel like getting into a relationship now too after seeing the both of them.” Tao said and that just made Mina blush even harder than before and now she cannot even raise her head because she is so shy.

 

“Okay enough of the teasing~~ We cannot even see Mina’s head now because of that~~ Come on let’s  move on to our next victim~~” Chen said cheekily and Baekhyun spin the bottle again and who knows, it is as if it is fated to be the bottle actually landed on Sehun and while everyone is cheering at that fact, Mina is back into her food world and is now attacking the rest of the food that is being left on the table.

 

“So Sehun~~ our makane~~ Truth or dare??” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Truth.” Sehun said.

 

“Okay then~~ Can we just ask the same question as Tao did?? So what did you like about Mina??” Xiumin said. “Sorry I am also very curious since we don’t know much about how you too come to like each other and what are the things that you both are attracted to in one another~~”

 

“Fine.” Sehun took a peek at Mina who is still engrossed in the food as ever and he smiled and said, “I like Mina because she is always a food monster and it seems like food is more important than me.” Sehun laughed and he thought that Mina did not hear it but who knows her ears decided to be really sensitive at this moment and she managed to hear what he said and she immediately turn towards Sehun and glare at him, saying angrily, “How dare you Oh Sehun??!! I said something so nice about you and you have to bring out my monster side when it comes to food??!! I don’t like you anymore!!” With that Mina gave a hmph and went back to her food.

 

Suddenly everyone is glaring at Sehun and making the “tsk tsk” sounds at him and he tried to look at Mina for help but Mina is off to totally ignoring him right now and is instead focus on her food.

 

“How dare you make our maknae angry?? You are so mean!!” Vannie said. But actually everyone is just disturbing him and having fun with him just to see how he is going to react to this, apart from Mina who is in her own little world to even notice this.

 

“You broke our Mina’s heart… you are so bad!!” Sooin said.

 

“She is so sad until she is stuffing herself with food… that poor kid over there sobs… I did not raise her so well to let her get this kind of attacks to the heart.” Kuroi said.

 

“I think we need to do something about this!! Mina what do you suggest we do??” Baekhyun asked with a sense of seriousness in him.

 

“We have to punish him!!” Mina said and continued on with her food.

 

“Okay punishment it is then!!” Baekhyun declared.

 

“Guys you aren’t serious right?? Mina you must be kidding right??” Sehun said with a sense of ridiculousness in his words and turn to look at Mina.

 

Mina gave him a straight face and said, “Do I look like I am joking right now??” She gave him a glare and went back to her food.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk… You broke Mina’s heart and still think it is all a joke. How mean of you to do that!! For that we will punish you severely!! Your punishment will be to kiss Mina!!” Baekhyun declared.

 

“WHAT??!!” Sehun shouted and it seems like Mina is not paying attention again as she continue with her food. “We can’t do that here, I… I mean not in front of you guys… I can’t do that…”

 

“Oh you heard Mina… a punishment is a punishment so you better do it before we ask you to do something even worse than this!! It is your choice.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Fine I will do it.” Sehun sigh as there is nothing that he can do to escape from all this. He softly called out to Mina who heard him and turn around to face him after swallowing her food.

 

“What is it??” Mina asked. Sehun did not say anything but just stare at her for a while before leaning in and captured her lips for a kiss. Mina’s eyes widen in shock. She wanted to do do something about it but then she is frozen in shock while a zillion things are running through her mind as her brain attempt to search for an answer to this. Even though she is frozen in shock, her lips are still moving along with Sehun’s on their own. It seems like her lips have a mind of their own.

 

After a while, Sehun broke apart and smiled gently at her saying, “Dong Mina. I like the way you smile and also how you always think of others first before you and always want to protect them. The reason why I said that words just now, pointing out your bad point is that I said before, I like all your bad points too and even if I don’t I will try to understand them and embrace it with an open heart because that is what makes the Mina I like.” Sehun smiled happier than before, while Mina just blush and nodded along to what he said. The words are so sweet that it just made her speechless and once again she don’t know what to do. She look away shyly and continued to stuff herself with food.

 

“I also like that part about you, looking all shy and stuffing yourself with food.” Mina did not reply and instead blush harder than she already is. With that Sehun gave her a side hug with Mina shyly pushing him away to stop all the intimacy in front of her eonnis and her oppas.

 

“Awwwww Sehun you are so sweet!! I am getting diabetes just from watching the both of you interact I can’t!!” Baekhyun squealed while Sehun and Mina looked kind of awkward and the rest also start to join with their cheers of “awwws” and “too sweet” while Sehun looks kind of happy but not so Mina as she feels really awkward. At some point in time, they decided to stop teasing them and move on with the game and it pointed to someone else and so they started get excited as they think what are some of the things that they want the victim to do or say and that made them forget Mina and Sehun for a while there.

 

After dinner and tidying the place up, they settle for a movie in the living room where they had chosen a horror movie to watch. This is both a good and a bad thing because Mina has always like watching horror movies but at the same time she is afraid of it as she will have very bad nightmares after that. Mina had settled herself at the floor with Sehun settling next to her but Mina made sure to keep a little space between them as somehow things have gotten a little awkward between the both of them after the little game just now and the rest of them have also notice it too.

 

The show started and everything was fine at the start but then as it slowly gets to the and with Tao screaming non-stop from almost the start to the end, Mina is also slowly getting scared too. There is one time she got a shock just from the special effects and she started patting her heart to calm it down. Sehun saw that and smiled to himself a little and he secretly slip his hand into hers and hold it there, trying to comfort her but Mina notice it and she slowly slip her hand out of his and move a bit away because she still is feeling awkward and she doesn’t want the rest of the them to see this.

 

But during the show, she cannot help but to let out small screams here and there and ducking her head away to Sehun’s side to avoid watching it and Sehun upon seeing that wanted to offer her his arm and a hug or to just cuddle with him but all of it got rejected by her. Mina finally made it through the end and she smiled happily in relief and at the same time she felt bad having rejected all of Sehun’s offers because she really wanted to cuddle with him and all but then somehow she just feels really awkward after what happened just now and she want to avoid doing too much lovey dovey stuff in front of the others.

 

Baekhyun pulled Kuroi to one side and said, “I think our plan kinda backfired… we kind of made things really awkward between the both of them. If I have known the game would turn out like this, I wouldn’t have done it…”

 

“It is okay. What is done is done but judging from what I have seen for the whole day, apart from the game, their relationship is improving and they are interacting way more than before and that is really good. I think we have already push them enough. I am sure they will think of something to patch things up with one another really soon. So don’t worry about things now. I am sure it is going to be good and thanks for doing such a good job.”

 

“You too. Thank you so much!! We couldn’t have done it without your help.”

 

“Baekhyun ah~~ What are you doing?? Time to go!!” Suho called and with that Baekhyun and Kuroi quickly return to the living room and later out to send them off. They were all saying their goodbyes and thanks outside when Sehun came and pull Mina over to one side. Mina looked awkwardly at him and just then she cannot help herself but yawn in front of him and it make things even more awkward than before. Mina is so embarrassed she just want to dig a hole and bury herself. It is not her fault when she missed her afternoon nap and also  it is kind of her bed time as she still have class tomorrow. Sehun chuckled seeing how cute she is behaving and pat her head and said, “I guess I have to let someone go to sleep now~~ She looks really tired. Have a good rest okay and just before I leave, can you give me a goodbye kiss??”

 

Mina looked stunned and she shake head quickly and said, “No. Just get going.” And started to push him back to their cars and Sehun looked dejected and said, “But I want a goodbye kiss… At least give me a hug~~ I know you like hugs~~”

 

That shocked Mina. She did not tell him she likes hugs so how did he know?? “How did you know I like  hugs?? Is it one of my eonnis??” She asked.

 

Sehun smiled. Sometimes it is so easy to read what she likes and all. “Of course I know. I am your boyfriend remember?? There are some things that I just know and can guess. So come on here.” Sehun said while opening his arms wide to welcome her.

 

Mina smiled a little before trying to look serious again and said, “Fine just one hug.” With that Mina stepped into his embrace and wrap her arms around him. Sehun hugged her tightly and sigh. “I miss hugging you so much. It just feels so good to have you in my arms.” With that he plant a sweet kiss onto  the crown of her head and continued to hug her for a while before letting her go.

 

“Take care of yourself okay?? I worry for you. Stay safe.” With that he plant another kiss on her forehead before they walk back to join the rest and shortly depart from the house.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update~~ First thing first Happy Xiumin Day!!! Happy birthday to our Xiumin hyung who have came into this world many many years ago and I so happy that you are being brought to us as part of an exo member~~ I just want to thank you for all the joy that you have given me throughout all this years that I have known you~~ You are so cute yet super duper hot like hot until no words can be used to describe it especially when the abs helpsss~~ that glorious abs hahahaha~~ I hope that through your life, things will get better and better and you get to do all the things that you want to do and ahcieve~~ I hope you continue to smile and keep that cute smile of yours~~ Take care of yourself and have plenty of rests and all the best to you~~ I love you~~ 

P.s. a light admist all the gloom that we have been experiencing for a while in the chapters so enjoy reading!! :))))