Chapter 48

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

“There is a reason why you all have been gathered by me here today.” Kuroi announced. It has been 4 months since Mina left and they have gathered once again in Mina’s house to address the current issue of Mina and Sehun. EXO at the meantime is having a little break for the time being after their super chaotic schedules and so they have a little free time on their hand to relax and settle the problem at hand.

 

“But then first thing first, oppas you have to update me how is Sehun behaving now.”

 

“It seems that Sehun have change his mind about wanting to forget about Mina!! It seems that he have also been doing things that is constantly reminding him of her such as composing and he is also submitting his works to the company to be put to use so this is a really good sign!! What about Mina??” Kris said.

 

“Well we also have good news and that is Mina isn’t as strong as she seems she is!! She also cannot forget about Sehun no matter how hard she tries and the more she tries the more difficult it is to forget about him instead and therefore I think this is a very good sign and we got to do something about it. Something that will patch them up for good~~” Kuroi smile cheekily.

 

“Ayeee~~ It seems as if you have something up your sleeve!! What is it?? Share it with us!!” Baekhyun said.

 

“Be patient!! I will announce it as soon as someone else arrives…”

 

Sehun hums happily to himself as he made his way out of the company and back to the dorm. He had just submitted one of his works that is going to be used in the album for one of the fellow artists in the same company. He is sad that his song cannot be used in one of EXO’s album but then he is still happy that his song is going to be showcase which means his abilities is being recognised and he felt really proud about it.

 

“That is what you felt right?? When your song is being chosen to be used by the company and also getting recognition like this right??” Sehun mumbled to himself as he remembered how Mina have behaved when she know her song is going to be published. He smiled at that piece of happy memory before wondering off again as to what she is probably doing now…

 

Just as he was thinking suddenly his phone rang and it is from someone that he least expects to hear from again. “Hello??” He answered, puzzled.

 

“Sehun oppa??!! It is me Kuroi!! There is something very wrong happening right now!! You have to come over to our house right away!!”

 

“What?? What happened??”

 

“It is Mina… something bad have happened to her and you have to come here quickly before you miss her again!! Faster!!”

 

“Okay!! Okay I will be right over then!! Please stall her for me!! Don’t let her leave or anything!!”

 

“I will so don’t worry about it!! Just come quickly!!” Kuroi urged before ending the call and smiling triumphantly.

 

“So how is it??” Chanyeol asked and Kuroi smiled and said, “Everything's under control~~ So fun!!”

 

“I cannot miss Mina again!! No matter what!! I won’t let her slip away from me like that again!!” Sehun thought to himself as he increase the speed of his car once again. He cursed not being able to exceed the speed limit or not being able to teleport because he really wants to see Mina like right now!! The Mina that he had missed so much and have not seen for the whole of 4 months!! There are so many things that he wants to tell her, show her and explain to her. He isn’t going to lose his chance like the last time, not being able to say anything and she just disappear.

 

He continued to rush and when he reached, he impatiently bang hard on the door and when the door is being opened for him, he quickly ran in and shouted, “Mina!! Mina!! Where are you??!!” As he starts scanning the room and sees that Mina is nowhere to be seen and he wanted to ascend up the stairs before Kuroi appear in front of him and stopped him. Is he being tricked and he impatiently asked, both hands placed on Kuroi’s shoulders, “Where is Mina?? Where is she?? Did she ran away or something??”

 

“No… Mina is not here… She is somewhere else…”

 

“What??!! Then are you treating me like an idiot now asking me to rush here and not being able to see here anywhere!! What are you trying to do here??!!” Sehun said angrily while shaking Kuroi’s shoulders trying to get an answer from her.

 

“Ya!! Don’t you dare speak to her like that!!” Kris scolded and walked up towards Sehun and removed his hands from  Kuroi’s shoulders angrily.

 

“It is okay Kris oppa.  I understand what he is feeling right now. Yes Mina is not here but then I can tell you where she is right now.”

 

“What??!! Eonni!! You are going to break your promise to Mina and tell him where she is right now?? Are you sure you are going to do that??” Sooin shouted out in shock and attempt to make her rethink her decision again.

 

“Ya eonni!! What is going to happen to Mina if you do that?? How she is going to behave if she were to see him…?? I don’t think this is a good idea… Please think through it again…” Vannie said.

 

“Ya they are right. If you don’t want to do this, then don’t do it. You are not being forced or anything.” Suho said.

 

“No. I want to do this even though I know I might be killed by Mina later on if she is know about this or break our friendship but I still want to do it because I cannot let things continue the way it is. Especially when 2 people that love each other but then they are being apart like this and both of them are hurting and I cannot see the both people that I care a lot hurting like that so I have to do something to stop all this and the only thing that I can think of is this and that is to let Sehun go find her because it seems impossible for Mina to do that so it is only right I let him know. I am sure Sehun will talk some sense into her and everything will be back again. I trust him and I have made up my choice so don’t stop me.” Some of them sigh and shake their head as they know they cannot change her mind while the rest nodded approvingly at her and support what she is doing.

 

Kuroi turned towards Sehun and smiled gently, “Mina… Well she is actually at America right now. She is there studying composing and business there. Here is her address. You will find her there so please go find her and explain things to her.”

 

“Thank you… I… I don’t know how to thank you or anything but really really thank you!!” Sehun exclaimed in happiness and in his moment of happiness, he suddenly hugged Kuroi, shocking everyone including Kuroi.

 

“Ya ya!! Watch your hands!! What do you even think you are doing right now?? Let go of your hands right now!!” Kris shouted and started hitting Sehun’s hands.

 

Sehun immediately let go of his hand and rub the parts where it hurts. “Okay hyung but seriously though why are you so angry for?? It is just a simple hug…”

 

“A simple hug??!! It is not a simple hug I am telling you!! You better watch what you are doing before I hit you!!” Kris warned.

 

“Okay fine fine… hyung chill okay?? You are behaving like a lovesick guy or something… Do you like her or something??”

 

Seeing Kris stun there, not being able to say anything and he looks really angry, so Sehun quickly  change the topic and turned towards Kuroi and said, “Is there anything that I can do, anything to repay you for helping me so much??”

 

“Just make things back to the way it was before and make Mina happy again because you are the only one who can do that.”

 

“I will don’t worry. Well if there is nothing hyungs, I think i will be away for a while and if you need me I will be in America.”

 

“Don’t worry we understand. Just go.” Suho said.

 

Sehun bowed and immediately rush out of the house because he have a lot of things he had to do. First thing first when he entered the dorm, he quickly went online and book the earliest flight to America and then he started packing his bags and inform the company that he will be away for a while.  He is really happy that he didn’t have schedules for the week because if not he will not be able to do this. But he didn’t know that Mina will run so far, all the way to America. Jiyah is really happy when she knows that Sehun is going to America and going there to find Mina because she have been dying to tell him about Mina’s little secret as she keeps sensing something is wrong but then she isn’t able to because she promise her but then hearing this means that everything is going to be fine again and she is happy and she urges him to go and not to worry about anything. After packing, he immediately left the dorm and go to the airport. “Mina I am coming for you so wait for me.”

 

“What will she do when she sees me?? Will she run away and all?? Will she hit me or will she break down and cry because she is too happy to see me??” A zillion things run through Sehun’s mind as he gets closer and closer to Mina. By the time he have reached America, it is already almost noon and he knows that Mina should be in school right now and therefore he decided to go there immediately to try his luck. “Whatever it is, I just hope that her reaction will be that she is very happy to see me and nothing else.”

 

Mina lets out a sigh as she escapes from her class. It is already noon when she finish her business course and now she have to rush over to the other school for her composing class. She didn’t know that Sehun is coming for her and she thought that everything is just all normal and it is just a normal day like usual.

 

Sehun cannot contain the excitement that he is feeling when he have reached Mina’s school. He cannot contain the excitement at the thought of being able to see Mina soon and the thought of having her in his arms again and having them back together again. He made his way through the crowd, trying to see if Mina is part of them and just then,  there she is right in front of him, making her way towards his direction. It is as if time have stopped around them and all he can see is her among the crowd and everything else just becomes a blur.

 

“Why is there so many people today??” Mina grumbled as she tried to make her way towards the carpark where Subin eonni is waiting for her to bring her to her next class. Mina is just trying her very best through the crowd when she saw him. Sehun. He is just standing there in midst of the passing crowd, with his eyes fixed on her. She cannot believe her eyes. That can’t be real and she pinch herself on the leg, and it hurts which proves that it is real and she quickly turn around, not wanting to face him and still not wanting to believe it. She cannot let him see this, she cannot face him and she just want to avoid him and therefore she started running, away from this situation and away from him. Why is he here?? How did he know about here?? But this is all not the main thing, the main thing is to escape from him first and then she think through the rest slowly.

 

“Mina!!” Sehun shouted when he sees her escaping and he immediately gave chase because he cannot allow her to slip away once again. He cannot afford to let that happen again after what the both of them had gone through and that is how it started with Mina running and Sehun giving chase throughout the whole campus. Sehun keep calling Mina’s name, trying to make her stop but Mina just keep on running with all her might, refusing to stop no matter what.

 

“I cannot just keep on chasing her like that, I really have to stop her.” and so Sehun speed up on his running and manage to grab onto her wrist and give her a strong tug that force her to stop.

 

“Let me go!!” Mina mumbled angrily and try to remove Sehun’s hand that is on her wrist. “Please just let me go… You have got the wrong person!!”

 

“No!! Mina!! I can recognise you no matter what and there is absolutely no way I am letting you go ever again. You have escape from me for so many times and it has been so long since we have last met and I am not about to let you go just yet, not without explaining to you everything and make you come back to my side!!”

 

“Why… Why can’t you just let me go?? I have caused you so much pain!! I left you behind and ran away without telling you anything and refusing to listen to what you have to say and I torture you like that so why don’t you hate me or something so why are you still here?? Just let me go!! We are not meant to be!! I am not the one for you so just leave please!!”

 

“I love you!!” Sehun shouted and Mina stopped in her tracks and just stare blankly at him. “I love you that is why no matter what I cannot let you go because you are very important to me and I love you so much that letting go of you means killing myself and I cannot do that!!” That three words, the three words that they never say to one another because they know that they will only say that three words to each other if they know they really want to be with one another so that in the case of breakup, they won’t break each other’s hearts but then the three words, the three words that Sehun just said, have left Mina in tears. The three words confirmed that Sehun really love her and that touched her so much and yet make her so guilty for doing this kind of things to him and even so he still continues to love her. This alone just made her cry and cry. She just keep on feeling as if she is not compatible with him as he is so sweet and all, unlike her.

 

Seeing her cry, it pains Sehun and he immediately pull her into his warm embrace, hugging her tightly and comforting her. Mina wanted to escape from his hug but it is to no avail as no matter how hard she tried to struggle, Sehun do not let go and so in the end Mina can only stay in the embrace that she missed so much and cry her eyes out, wetting Sehun’s shirt in the process.

 

“We are meant to be and we will no matter what. We will be back to how we are before everything happens.” Sehun cooed,  trying to comfort Mina.

 

“Why… why do you have to be so nice to me...?? I don’t even know if I will be able to accept your love after what I have done and let us be back to how we were before that…” Mina said in between her sobs.

 

“You don’t need to worry about anything. I will make sure I do everything in my ability to bring us back to where we are before this and even if there is a need for me to woo you all over again and make you know how is it like to be in love with me, I will do it. So long as you are back to my side once again…” Sehun said gently, while her hair, hugging her tight while Mina continues to cry.

 

Mina don’t exactly know what is happening around her as she is still in a daze as to what is happening around her. She only know Sehun is here now suddenly, making her peaceful life not peaceful anymore and the words that he said, have touched her deeply but she is still not ready to open up to him yet, especially with all her guilt towards him,  it just felt as if she doesn’t deserve his love. She cannot remember how she get to the carpark after crying her eyes out but she remembered seeing Subin eonni and remembering that she have missed a lesson on composing and she was still wondering what to do about it when Subin eonni saw her with Sehun and she kind of understand and did not say a thing and immediately took care of her not attending class.

 

After that she kind of just followed Sehun everywhere he went because he said something about wanting to tour around the place and asked her to be his tour guide and she never reject him and just follow him blindly. Somehow they have ended up at Times Square and it is crowded with people.

 

Suddenly Sehun said happily to her, “Wow!! I have always wanted to come here!! I think we should stick close to one another because it is so crowded with people, and I definitely don’t want to lose you here, not after I just find you. Here hold my hand so that we won’t lose each other~~” Mina look at the smiling Sehun and he signal to her to hold the hand that he had stick out for her but then she is still feeling really weird being beside him after so long and she really don’t want to do it but then seeing how happy he is, she just can’t just reject him so she reach out her hand and hold on to the last 3 fingers on his hand and look towards the floor and blush.

 

Sehun laugh happily at how cute she is. The cute and blushing Mina that he have missed so much and he can’t help but to . “Really??!! Are you just going to hold on to 3 of my fingers instead of my whole hand?? Are you really sure about that?? Holding my whole hand will be more comfortable you know and it is more safer~~”

 

That little tease made Mina blush even harder than before and she said, “I am fine!! You don’t have to worry about it. Let’s just get going.”

 

“Fine then suit yourself my little kiddo~~ Let’s go!!” Sehun said happily singing their hands together front and back and started walking forward. Throughout the walk, there are so many people walking passed them and it kind of forced the both of them to walk more and more closer to one another in order to avoid hitting into them. There is one time where one of the stranger accidentally bump into Mina and that made her lose her balance and bump into Sehun. Sehun quickly hold on to her to make sure that she is okay and looked down at her to check that she is fine before cheekily saying, “I don’t think it is safe for you to be walking like this with so many people around and you might just get hurt. I think we need to make sure you are safe and to do that,” Sehun intertwine his hand tightly with hers and she wants to struggle but then her body is not behaving what her mind what it to be and instead she can only look at their intertwined hands and blush.

 

“There much better isn’t it??” Sehun said and smiled happily at her before continue to walk.

 

They continue to walk for a while before Sehun suddenly said, “There is actually something that I want to do here but then it seems impossible now…”

 

“What is it??”

 

“Well I want to kiss my girlfriend in the middle of Times Square but then it seems impossible now that it is not the new year and they are not dropping the ball or something… sigh I am sad… but then who cares right?? A person have to live in the moment right and therefore we should do all the things that we want before we regret not doing it and so I have decided!!”

 

Sehun smile happily while facing Mina and even before she can say anything or protest, Sehun have already lean in and capture her lips in a sweet kiss, not caring whether if anyone is watching or anything but just live in the moment and just enjoy each other and each other’s kiss.

 


ho ho ho~~ i am here for a special update for mymost favourite deer's birthday~~ Happy borthday my deer Luhan~~ My bias in EXO and when he left, he left me in tears and confusion but slowly I grow to trust him and all the things he do because I know his decisions is for the best and I trust him in it~~ No words can describe how proud I am of his accomplishments that he have come so far and especially so when he is doing the things that he love and achieving his dreams~~ It will be better if he can fulfil his dream of being a football star hahahaha~~ I still remember the day when i start stanning him and through the road to now, I didn't regret any of my choice of stanning him because he just makes me so happy just like the rest of EXO, Kris, Tao and Cnblue~~ I love them all and no matter what they do I am always hoping for the best for them~~ Throughout the year, I hope that you get to do more of the things that you love, and maybe slow things down a little and have some rests and enjoy the little moments in life. Remember to take care of yourself and always smile~~ Spend more time with the people you love and enjoy each other's company. Thank you for everything that you have done for me and I always hope I can do more but I guess i am limited but no matter what I will still do my best like you always are and cheer on you!! All the best and good luck and hopefully I will see you soon on the big screen or for a concert in Singapore!! Cheers!!

P.s. finally there is some light in this story hahahaha and hopefully there is no more gloom in the story ( hope but I won't let the secret out~~) Anyway thank you everyone for your support~~ Take care and enjoy reading~~ :)))