Chapter 10

Wrong Star, Right Prize

This week has been really tough for Mina because firstly, there are all sorts of projects and reports that needed to be handed up by that week and because she also have to guide EXO on music composition so she has no choice but to stay up late into the night in order to finish up her school homework and as a person who loves to sleep a lot, she is running very low on sleep and this is causing her to be very grouchy and angry and of course, Tae In is also another problem. Finally Saturday comes and officially marks the end of hell week for Mina and her friends and thankfully she manage to sleep in a bit before waking up to start her day. Although she manage to sleep in for a while, she is still deeply deprived of sleep and can’t wait to come back home that night to officially have a good rest. As usual Mina’s friends wanted to ask her out for a date to celebrate the end of their hell week but then Mina cannot make it because of her composing work so she manage to give a very lousy excuse and escaped from the house before they can ask her anything more, but of course things wasn’t so easy anymore because they are ready to confront her that very night.

 

As she made her way to work, she tried to think of all sorts of way to avoid Tae In but of course it failed because the moment she step into the company, Tae In just appeared out of nowhere and accompany her all the way to the studio, blabbering away again. “Yeah how exactly am I going to avoid her when she already knows my schedule at her fingertips.” Mina thought to herself.

 

During class, everyone can sense that there is something wrong with Mina as her voice is not filled with her usual enthusiasm about composing and also her eyes doesn’t light up the way it usually does. She didn’t notice that they were looking at her weirdly and instead continued with her monotonous talking and set them work to do while she collapsed on the table, half dead, trying not to sleep.

 

Just when the EXO members were discussing about getting food, as if it is on cue, Tae In open the door and came in with food she had prepared for them. “Hi!!” She said cheerfully and continued, “I thought you guys will be hungry by now since you all always come and get food around this timing so I decided that I might as well send some food up so that oppas don’t have to walk all the way down to get food. You can save time and also work and eat at the same time!! All this food is on me so I hope you enjoy it!!” Everyone is too shocked to reply her and so they just stared while she started to give out the food and telling them about how the food is being prepared as to what they like and everyone got their food and mumbled a soft thanks. Lastly, Tae In pass the food to Mina and said, “Eonni!! This is your share and since today is a Saturday so why not we go out and have some girls’ time??” and before Mina can even reject Tae In already said, “Okay!! Then I will come and find you later!! Remember to wait for me!!” and with that she happily said “Enjoy the meal everyone!!” and bounced happily out of the room. Mina is feeling so dejected and she hate it. She didn’t know that everyone has secretly saw everything and everyone is now glancing at her, at what she is going to do.

 

Mina slowly took her gaze back from the door and look at the food that Tae In has passed to her. She suddenly lost all her appetite and so she put the food at one corner of the table and stare at it. She just want to sulk and sleep so she decided to put her head on the table that looks so inviting and she accidentally put her head too hard on the table and a loud “bong” can be heard when her forehead meet the table. Everyone heard it and got a shock and immediately turn to face her, to see if she is okay but she didn’t say or let out a sound or anything, not even a sound of pain but just continue to lay her head there. This got them kind of worried and this goes on for quite a while.

 

They remain silent for quite a while until Baekhyun got faced with a composing question. “Damn I am stuck and I need help, do you think I should ask her for help??” Baekhyun said while pointing a finger at Mina.

 

“She looks like she is sleeping…” Lay said.

 

“Then should I go wake her up and asked her??” Baekhyun said.

 

“I think you should since it is her job to do that anyway.” Kris encouraged.

 

“Okay here goes nothing.” Baekhyun said while he slowly made his way towards Mina who is dead to the world and he gently called her, “Mina… Dongsaengie… wake up i got something to ask you… Mina.. Mi…” Baekhyun continued while gently shaking her on the shoulder.

 

Slowly Mina came into conscious and because she is so tired, she really doesn’t want to wake up but the person is being too persistent and this is making her really angry and because she really wants her sleep so before she even know what happen, she had already stood up and was facing Baekhyun and shouted into his face, “YA WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!! DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH OR SOMETHING?? HOW DARE YOU WAKE ME UP FROM MY SLEEP?? SO MANY THINGS HAVE HAPPEN TO ME THIS WEEK AND I JUST NEED SOME SLEEP TO GET AWAY FROM REALITY SO WHY CAN’T YOU LET ME HAVE SOME SLEEP?? URGHHHH!!” With that she stormed out of the room and close the door with a big bang.

 

Everyone was speechless for a few minutes straight until Chanyeol said, “I have a question. Who was that??” He said while pointing at the door, which signals Mina.

 

Suho sigh. He stood up and walked towards Baekhyun and gently pat him on the back and asked, “Are you okay??”

 

“Ya I am fine, I just didn’t know that Mina is like that… I mean we knew that she has a mean side to her angelic face but then I didn’t know it will be this serious.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ya she is like the female version of Kyungsoo, Satan Soo, Satan Min, damn it fits.” Chanyeol said happily.

 

“Ya!! I will kill you.” Kyungsoo said while staring at Chanyeol.

 

“See see I told you, they are like exactly the same!! You guys can be like best friends 5ever.” Chanyeol said and with that Kyungsoo started advancing towards Chanyeol, wanting to smack him and Chanyeol started running around in the room, with Kyungsoo on his tail.

 

“Aish guys stop it, this is not the time to fool around. Something is really wrong with her and we should do something about it. It just feels dangerous, letting her walk around like that when she has so much anger in her.” Suho said.

 

“Should we go find her??” Luhan asked.

 

“But then what if we found her and then her anger still haven’t subside, won’t we still be in trouble??” Chen asked.

 

“I don’t think she is that type of person, that will be angry for so long so we should go and find her first before anything else happen.” Suho said and they went separate ways to find her.

 

The moment Mina stepped out of the room, she felt so much better, especially after breathing in some fresh air as the room is kind of making her feel so stuffy. She went to the restroom to wash her face, to let her feel more refresh and awake. She was just starting to make her way back to the studio when the events before that starts to slowly flood into her mind. When she have finish recalling what she had did, she wanted to mental breakdown. “Omg I can’t believe I did that to Baekhyun oppa. Aish… me and my waking up problems. I thought I have cured myself of the problem of screaming at people whenever they try to wake me up. Guess I was so wrong about myself but maybe it is all the problems, stress and a lack of sleep that is making me like this. Aish how am I going to face them later…. this is so awkward and i am so ashamed of myself.” Mina started saying and hugging the wall next to her and she started to bang her head slowly on the wall, trying to knock some sense into herself.

 

Just as she is banging her head against the wall, Sehun just so happen to walk down the same corridor and saw her there abusing herself and her forehead again and he immediately went up to her and pull her away from the wall. “Ya Ya!! Stop banging your forehead on the wall!! You are already very blur, do you still want to get even more blur?? Aish look at you, your forehead is so red now.” Sehun started to scold her a bit, a part of him feeling a bit pained to see her abuse herself like this and he cannot stop his hand as it reaches her forehead to gently rub on it to ease the redness.

 

“Sehun oppa!!!” Mina shouted in shock when she saw it is Sehun who had just saved her from her headbanging, legit headbanging and now gently help her to rub her forehead, with a look of concern on his face and his brows frowning together in concentration and he look kind of angry. She felt touched by what he is doing. She is starting to feel weird with him standing so close to her and her heart is starting to beat so fast, making her slightly breathless and she wanted to enjoy the feeling of his gentle hands on her forehead longer but then she remembered what she just did and she immediately wanted to escape and tried to run but he is too strong for her to escape as he held on to her wrist tightly. She is just too ashamed to face them.

 

“Ya where do you think you are going??”

 

“Ermmm what are you doing here Sehun op..pa??”

 

“Of course I am here to save this blur girl here from getting into any form of trouble when she is so pissed off about life. All of us came out to find you but since you are alone and I didn’t hear any news of anyone being killed so I guess it is a good sign.”

 

“YA!! Even though I might have a bad temper but i won’t kill people just because I am angry. Who do you even take me for??”

 

“Okay fine fine, I have already texted hyungs that we will be going back to the room now so let’s go.”

 

“Nooooo!! I don’t want to go back…”

 

“Why??”

 

“Be.. be.. cause I am too ashamed to meet them, because I did something wrong, I don’t know if they will forgive me or not… especially when I did something of that caliber to them when they are totally innocent…”

 

“Ya I am sure they will understand, at least Suho will…” and that sentence earned him a glare from Mina. “Okay okay… maybe Kris, Suho, Lay, Luhan and Xiumin will understand… and of course me… so stop glaring at me like that, you really are a satan like Kyungsoo.”

 

“But then I really don’t want to…”

 

“No buts… I am dragging you back no matter what, they are really worried when you just left like that you know…” and with that Sehun grab Mina’s wrist and started to drag her back.

 

“They were worried about me??” Mina asked softly.

 

“Yes they were…  even before you flare up, we have all been really worried because you have not been yourself.”

 

“But are you really really really sure that they won’t hate me for my behaviour??”

 

Suddenly Sehun stopped and turn around to look at Mina straight in the eyes and said, “I am sure, really really really sure that they won’t be mad at you for your behaviour so just calm down okay??”

 

Mina gave a small nod and Sehun continued on their way back. Although Sehun already reassure her that everything is going to be fine, Mina still cannot stop asking him questions on whether they will hate her or not and Sehun just patiently answer all of her questions because he knew she needs this kind of comfort in order to go back with him. Sehun is smiling a little seeing her behaving like a kid.

 

When they are reaching the door, suddenly Mina grab onto Sehun’s hand that is on her wrist and started to pull him back. “Nooo I don’t think I can do this!! Just let me escape this once please??” Mina asked sincerely.

 

“Nope I cannot let you run away. Never.”

 

“But then what am I going to say to them when I meet them?? I have made such a grave mistake I should really dig a hole and bury myself.”

 

“Just say you are sorry and you won’t do it anymore and do it sincerely. Although based on what happen just now i doubt you can control your temper when you are waking up and not trying to kill any human being in sight.”

 

“YA!! I also thought I have it under control but then I think when I am stress everything just came out again... but i am changing…”

 

“Then go in and say what you have just said to me to them, they will understand.”

 

“Noooo I don’t wanna it is too scary!!”

 

“Oh come on!!” Sehun said and started to pull Mina more and more closer to the door while Mina try to pull back with all her might.

 

“Nooooo!!”

 

“You can do this have some faith in yourself”

 

“But noooo.”

 

“Nooo buts and go on.”

 

What the both of them didn’t know is that whatever they are saying is loud enough to be heard from inside of the studio and they were all laughing at their cuteness. Sehun trying to encourage Mina and Mina refusing.

 

After a series of refusal, Sehun has managed to drag her to the door and opened it, pushed her in, locked it and blocked it so she cannot escaped. When Mina saw that, she has no choice not to face everyone who are now staring intently at her face, waiting for her to say something.

 

After taking a deep breath, Mina suddenly said, “I am so sorry everyone, I didn’t mean any of my actions just now especially Baekhyun. I will make sure I won’t do it again, not that I can really control my temper but then so long as I don’t fall asleep I should be fine. I am really really really sorry. Please forgive me.” and she gave a very deep 90 degree bow and she kept her head hung low as she didn’t dare to look at any of their reactions.

 

Suddenly out of the corner of her eye, she can see them slowly moving towards her so she slowly raised her head, trying to prepare herself to embrace all the scolding that she is going to get from them. They have the right to hate her and she won’t blame them.

 

She saw someone stepping forward and he looks kind of angry and he started speaking, “Ya!!”

 

“Oh nooo, he is starting to scold me already, aish aish why did I even do it in the first place?? I really want to dig a hole and hide.” Mina thought to herself.

 

“Apology accepted. We were never angry with you right from the beginning. It is more of worried, since you are behaving oddly the moment you step into the room.” Suho said.

 

Mina was totally shocked, she didn’t expect that they will just accept her apology like that and they weren’t even mad at her at all, just like what Sehun said. Just then Baekhyun continued speaking and said, “Although it will be a good idea to first give us a warning whenever you want to flare up at people, like that at least I can get myself prepared. My heart almost couldn’t take it just now huhuhu…”

 

“But then it is interesting to know that under all that kind, innocent face, you actually have a really fierce side. At least I know that I shouldn’t do anything to irritate you if not you will strangle me hahahaha~~” Chen said.

 

“But seriously though Mina you can be good friends with Kyungsoo,  because he is like you , looking all innocent and inside there lives a demon, waiting for the right timing to come out for a stroll. You guys will be best friends 5ever, since you can relate to each other. You can try though Mina hahahaha~~” Chanyeol said earning a glare from Kyungsoo.

 

Mina can’t help but laugh at that, and she turned to Kyungsoo and said, “Kyungsoo oppa, let’s be good friends and plot someone’s doom okay??”

 

With that Kyungsoo laughed and said, “Okay.” and suddenly Baekhyun said, “Shouldn’t we be very very very worried that the both of them are going to be best friends 5ever because it means we might be punished even more seriously.”

 

“Baekhyun oppa how can you say that?? I am sure Kyungsoo and I aren’t that mean, right Kyungsoo oppa??”

 

“Of course hahahaha~~” and they broke out into laughter.

 

“It is good to have you back Mina, the real Mina who loves to tease around and laugh.” Suho said.

 

“And if you ever need someone to talk to, there are 12 of us here, we are all hear all ready to be your listening ear when you need someone to talk to. No worries we will keep it safe for you.” Kris said.

 

“Thank you so much oppas. You are like the 12 older brothers that I didn’t get to have in my family.” Mina said with with tears shining in her eyes.

 

“Awww don’t cry!! Come here group hug!!” Baekhyun said and he slowly advances to Mina and give her a hug and the rest followed along too, crowding around her and saying, “Don’t worry our dongsaengie, you have 12 oppas to protect you from this world!!”

 

“Sehun you are not the maknae anymore, Mina is our real maknae now!! You are being kick off the position of maknae goodbye.”

 

“Aish hyung… why are you doing this to me??”

 

“Welcome to our EXO family yaa Mina~~”

 

Mina felt totally in bless to have met 12 awesome guys in her life and suddenly she felt something on her head so she looked up and saw that Sehun is not hugging her like the rest but then he is ruffling her hair adoringly. At first she was sad she couldn’t get a hug from Sehun but then this ruffling of her hair, makes it better, way more better than a hug as she feels his warm hands slowly ruffling her hair, making her heartbeat raised slowly.

 


ho ho ho~~ Happy Halloween everyone!! Even though I am late since I celebrated Halloween yesterday but some countries are still having Halloween now hehehehe so technically I am not late hehehehe!! Halloween is one of the festivals that I really like in a year but sadly my country doesn't really celebrate it as much sighh but oh well I still have fun slacking around at home even though I should be focusing on my studies hehehehe~~ I hope everyone here have enjoyed their halloween!! I hope you enjoyed this week Halloween special update because I have enjoyed writing this chapter tremedously and I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as me!! I am also thankful for the new subscribers and also the views!! Thank you so much you guys always make my day!! Thank you and I will be signning off noww weeehoo~~ :)))