Chapter 27

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Is this real??” Mina asked. Can’t believe her eyes.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“OMG!! AHHHHHHHH!! OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!” Mina screamed looking at him.

 

“Yes I can’t believe it too!!” Sehun said looking back at her and Mina started screaming again and without thinking, she reached forward and gave Sehun a hug. That shocked Sehun greatly as he listened to his heartbeat accelerate at massive rates and looking down at Mina who is hugging him tightly. A sudden wave of emotions hit him and he starts to look lovingly at the girl hugging him and his arms automatically wrap around her waist.

 

Mina is so lost in the moment of her happiness as her song has made it to the top 10 for the various charts and she just hope her father is seeing this. She is so happy that she cannot contain her happiness that when she saw Sehun, she just wants to share the happiness with him, especially when he is the one who notice it. If not for him, she wouldn’t have seen it and still believe that everything is going to turn out bad. She is so happy that without thinking she just hug him and just then she starts to snap awake. “Hug him?? Wait what hug him??” She look up and saw him and he too is staring at her and she starts to blush so hard that she immediately push him away and escaped from his embrace.

 

Mina clear before starting to speak again. “So sorry I just hug you so suddenly just now. I am just really excited and happy and I just want to share it with someone. So yeah I hope you are not bothered by that…”

 

Seeing her like that makes Sehun start to blush too. “Ahemm… It is okay no worries.”

 

There was an awkward silence where Mina is still thinking about why on earth she did that while Sehun is trying to understand the sudden acceleration of his heart and the tons of feelings that he is feeling for her.

 

Just then her phone starts to ring and announce that there is an incoming message, shocking the both of them. Mina quickly took out her phone to look at it and she found out that it is from her dad.

 

DaddyDong: Meet me in my hotel room at 10am sharp tomorrow morning. We have things to discuss.

 

She quickly texted back saying.

 

MinaDong: I understand that. I will see you tomorrow morning.

 

Noticing the obvious change in Mina’s expression, he knew that something is wrong. “What is it??”

 

“Nothing. It is just that my dad wants to meet me tomorrow and discuss some stuff. Most probably about me doing composing. I bet he saw the charts. I am just hoping that he will not go against his words.”

 

“Don’t worry I am sure he isn’t that type of person. Since he is your dad.”

 

“Ya I hope so.”

 

Sehun can tell that Mina is really not herself especially so after her dad contacted her. She is happy for 5 minutes and then after her dad contacted her, she is worried and sad again. Even when they reach her house, she is still oddly quiet.

 

“Thank you for the ride. Please get back home safely. Goodbye.” Mina said and gave a bow, going to get off the car when Sehun stop her by holding onto her wrist.

 

“Wait. I know you are worried but I am sure it is going to be okay. Just don’t stress yourself too much. If can just let me know the outcome tomorrow okay??”

 

Mina turn and smile gently at him. Patting the hand that is holding onto her. “Thank you for always caring for me. I will make sure you are the first person to know about the news. I really can’t thank you enough.”

 

“Anything for you.” Sehun said gently while ruffling her hair. Mina smiled while enjoying it and then she said, “I have to go. If not my eonnis will be worried. Drive safely okay and take care. I will see you.” With that Mina walk off and waved before entering the house. Sehun at the same time cannot stop thinking about the feeling that he had just now when Mina hug him and somehow that scene keeps on repeating in his mind and he can’t seem to get it off as he kept on thinking back about how good it felt. Without warning he is smiling to himself and he still is when he entered his room.

 

“Someone is in a good mood today. I wonder what it’s about~~” Suho teased.

 

“Ahhh hyung… What are you doing?? Stop teasing me.”

 

“Fine fine.” Suho said and he can see that Sehun is really happy tonight and he have a feeling that he knows what causes it.

 

Mina’s dad at the same time is really confused as to what he should do. His secretary had been constantly showing him the rankings and statistics of his daughter’s song and at first it seems that she doesn’t have much chances but then her song starts to increase by a lot and officially of tonight before 12am it reaches top 10 on various charts and he is shock!! It is unbelieveable and he cannot believe what he sees!! This clearly shows that his daughter has the potential to compose and somehow everyhow is enjoying it too!! He sigh. He is a man of his words and he definitely will keep to his promise but he just feels sad that he won’t be able to stop his daughter from composing and make her focus on business anymore and that feeling isn’t good. Although he is disappointed but then he remembered how happy his daughter look when he agreed to her proposal for the first time. That smile is indescribable and thinking about how he has never really seen her smile that hard, maybe it is really time to let her do what she wants.

 

“Sorry if it is not too personal. I want to ask what are you going to do about this situation.” His secretary asked.

 

“I am a man of my words. I will do what I promised her.”

 

The next day, Mina wake up early to meet her father and just when she is about to leave the house, Kuroi had just woke up and was about to head towards the kitchen when she saw her leaving.

 

“Where are you going so early in the morning??” Kuroi asked with a tint of sleepiness obvious in her voice.

 

“I am going to meet my dad to discuss most probably about me still able to continue composing or not.”

 

“I see. Are you going to be okay??”

 

“Ya i will be fine. I am prepared for it. I have nothing to worry about since my song is already in the top 10 on the various charts. But then I might need to worry about it if my dad decides to not keep to his word.”

 

“I am sure he won’t. Be careful and all the best.”

 

“Thanks eonni. Then i will be leaving.” With that Mina gave her a bow before going out of the house.

 

“Knock knock” The knocking on the door breaks the silence in the room.

 

“Come in.” Daddy Dong said.

 

“Your daughter is here to see you.” The secretary reported.

 

“Thank you please ask her in.”

 

His daughter entered and gave him a bow.

 

“Hello. You are just right now time. Please have a seat.” With that they both advance to the sofa.

 

“So why am I here today??” Mina asked.

 

“I guess you should have known by now. It is about you being able to continue to compose or not. So I have reach to a conclusion about that.” With that Mina started to look up at her father in anticipation.

 

“The moment I have been waiting for. The answer to my future. Whether I will continue as a composer or not. Please just let him stay true to his words.” Mina thought.

 

Daddy Dong look at his daughter. The look of anticipation on his daughter face and he really cannot toughen his heart to reject her hence the answer has already been set. “So since I have already accepted your proposal and being a man of my words and since your results already show that you really have the potential to compose. Therefore I have no rights to stop you anymore as stated in the proposal. My daughter you have win and I have lost. Congratulations.”

 

Mina cannot believe her ears. Did her dad just say that to her??!! “Wait whatt?? What did you just say?? Di… Did you just agree to let me continue composing??” Mina ask eagerly, trying to confirm that she didn’t heard it wrongly.

 

“Yes my daughter you did not hear anything wrong. I have just allow you to continue to do composing and will never stop you ever again in the rest of your life.”

 

“Really??!! REALLY??!! OMG!! I AM SO HAPPY!!” With that Mina started jumping around in the room screaming in happiness. “I am really happy!! Thank you so much!! You have no idea how much i appreciate this!! I won’t let you down i promise!!” Mina said while pulling her dad into a hug.

 

“You are welcome my daughter. Even though I have agree that you can continue to compose but that doesn’t mean that you can give up on studying business.”

 

“No worries I will make sure I work extra hard on it.”

 

“Yup that is the one thing that I need to hear after accepting your proposal. it actually feels sad that I lost. I am so sad. I hate this. hmph.” Daddy Dong sigh and pout.

 

Mina started laughing seeing how her dad is acting like a kid. “Awwww dad don’t be like that. I am sure you will get use to it soon.”

 

“Yeah yeah right…” and the both of them started laughing. But after a while Mina thought of something and asked, “So… you are leaving tomorrow, right??” and suddenly the happy atmosphere had turn into a tense one. Even if they are not close to each other but deep down they cannot deny the fact that they care a lot for one another.

 

“Yes.” Daddy Dong answered with a tint of sadness evident in his voice.

 

“I see… I will be there to send you off.”

 

“Don’t come if you are not free or if you have to do your composing work or stuff. I will be fine.”

 

“It is okay dad, I will be there.” With that they fell into silence and after a while Mina announced that she is leaving and before she leave, she pulls her dad into another hug and said sincerely, “Thank you dad. Thank you for making me so happy. You have just given me the best present that I had ever ask for in my entire life. Thank you.” With that she gave him a smile and wave before leaving.

 

Daddy Dong sigh as he suddenly murmured to himself after his daughter have left. “You are welcome my daughter. It is good to finally see you so happy again. Thank you my daughter for making me see the happy you for one more time.”

 

Once out of the hotel, Mina fish out her handphone and started to dial a number.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Sehun oppa!! It is me!! Mina!! I just called to say that my dad had just give me the sign to continue composing and he won’t stop me anymore!! OMG I AM SO HAPPY!!!” Mina scream into the phone.

 

“Really??!!! Damn I am so happy for you!! Oh yes!! We won’t go on without a teacher!!”

 

Mina started to laugh at his cute comment. Sehun started to laugh after hearing how happy she sounded. Just like a little kid. Her happiness have affected him and he feels really happy for her.

 

“Ya!! Are you so happy that you are still going to continue working with me??” Mina teased.

 

“Ya I am happy.”

 

That made Mina stop walking and her eyes widen in shock and her heartbeat starts to beat faster again.

 

“Ya… That… That is good to hear.”

 

“So what are you going to do now??”

 

“I am just going to go home and relax and tell my eonnis the news since they are also very worried.”

 

“Okay then. I will see you tomorrow. Take care when you are going home. Thank you for letting be the first one to know about the news like you promise.”

 

“You… You are welcome… Okay I will see you too oppa. Byes.” With that both hang up and smile happily.

 

When Mina reach home, she haven’t step into the house and she is already being greeted by her eonnis running out of the house and that shock her.

 

“Er… Er… Eonnis… Err… Why are you guys running out like this??”

 

“It is because we heard from Kuroi eonni that you went to meet your dad this morning to discuss about you being able to continue composing or not and we are really curious as to how it went.” Vannie said.

 

“Oh I see… about that… yeah…”

 

“Ya so how is it?? How did it go?? Come on tell us now!!” Kuroi urged.

 

“Come on we are all dying to know!!” Sooin said.

 

“Okay Okay!! I will let you know now!! Calm down!! My dad says… I  HAVE WON AND SO I CAN CONTINUE COMPOSING AND HE WON’T EVER EVER STOP ME AGAIN!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! THIS HAS TO BE THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE HELPS HELPSSS!! FINALLY LIKE FINALLY I CAN CONTINUE COMPOSING WITHOUT EVER HAVING TO WORRY THAT MY DAD IS EVER GOING TO FIND OUT OR STOP ME AGAIN!! EONNIS YOU GUYS ARE FREE FROM WORRY TOO!!”

 

“OMG DID YOU DAD REALLY SAY THAT??!!” Kuroi screamed and Mina started to nod her head frantically and they started to scream at each other for a while and jumping around in happiness. It took them quite a while to finally calm down and Vannie said, “Congrats to you!! Finally you are able to do something you like for the rest of your life. We are so happy for you!!”

 

“Yes I think this calls for a celebration!! Let’s go to a nice restaurant with a very good ambience to celebrate this!! Let’s have a feast!!” Sooin said.

 

“Okay sure let’s go!!” With that they went in to grab their stuff before leaving the house and going to the restaurant.

 

“Cheers!!” Shouts of happiness can be heard at the same time the sounds of glass hitting against each other can be heard softly in the background.

 

“Ahhhhh” Mina exclaimed lightly. “This feels so good. I still can’t believe my dad actually agree to it. It is like a dream~~”

 

“Well since he already agree to your proposal, he can’t just back away from it.” Vannie said.

 

“Actually from this case, we can see that your dad actually dotes on you a lot. Even if he might have been really harsh on you in the past but can tell that he is trying his best to let you be happy now.” Kuroi said.

 

“Yeah he just wants the best for you and composing might not have been the best in his eyes but now that he sees how much you enjoy it, he can’t stop it since it is your source of happiness.” Sooin said.

 

“I see. Do you guys really think so too?? Can I think that he is doing this for me??”

 

“Of course. He is your dad~~ You should think that way.” Vannie said.

 

“Maybe you should start and try to know your dad again, like share about your life with your dad.” Sooin suggested.

 

“I don’t know… it feels difficult.”

 

“It is okay… Just do it slowly. I am sure it is going to work out fine.” Vannie said.

 

“Ya i hope it will. Let’s not talk about this anymore and enjoy the meal!!”

 

The rest of them can see the clear discomfort in her eyes at this topic so they decided to listen to her and change the topic.

 

Mina wake up bright and early the next day, feeling like she is being born into a new self now that she is free to do whatever she wants without having to feel the pressure of her dad or her mum being unsupportive of it. She feels that she is finally living life and having a life as if her past 19 years in this world have been nothing but pure sadness. She smiles. Everything feels so wonderful and it feels as if nothing will ever go wrong again.

 

She sigh happily and shouted, “LIfe is so wonderful~~ I love my life!!” and she started to spin around in her room dramatically. She started to hum a song while she starts to tidy up her room and getting ready for the day. She skip happily down the stairs and into the kitchen after she is done washing up.

 

“Hello My eonnis!!” Mina exclaimed, shocking her eonnis that are in the kitchen as she had caught them unexpectedly.

 

“Well someone is in a really happy mood today.” Sooin commented happily, as Mina’s happy virus has evidently spread to them.

 

“What a beautiful day it is!! I hope everyone will have a really wonderful day~~” Mina say while spinning around in the kitchen happily.

 

“Okay... other than her being too happy, maybe a bit weird and freaky at the same time.” Kuroi commented in shock.

 

“Hey hey. I am in such a good mood nothing can stop me from being happy especially now that we are all free from the pressures of my dad and so we don’t have to worry anymore~~”

 

“Yada yada. So when is your dad leaving??” Vannie asked.

 

“Today. I am going to send him off.”

 

“That’s nice of you to do that.” Sooin said.

 

“Hahahaha. I will be going to work directly after sending him off.”

 

“Okay then. Come on let’s eat up or if not the food is going to get cold.” Kuroi said.

 

“Yes eonni.”

 

“3pm flight. I hope I am not late.” Mina thought to herself as she made her way to the airport. She left the house a bit later than she has had wanted and hence she has to rush a bit in order to make it on time. Thankfully, she was able to made it on time and found her dad easily.

 

“Hey dad. Phew I am just on time.”

 

“Hey. I thought you wasn’t coming and i was giving up hope.”

 

“I said I am going to come and so I will. I am a man of my words too.”

 

Daddy Dong laugh and it has been awhile since Mina and the rest of her daddy’s secretary see him laugh this heartily.

 

“I want to talk to my daughter alone so can you all just give us some privacy??”

 

“Sure.” With that his secretary walk off together with the bodyguards.

 

“Come here.” He beckon his daughter to the bench and took a seat. After a while, he starts to speak. “My daughter. I am sorry. I know I haven’t been in your life a lot since you were young and therefore you grew more and more distant from us. I hated that feeling and it breaks my heart to see the look on your face whenever you see me. It seems like you don’t know me at all. Ever since you are young, I have always wanted to give you the best that I can and because to me composing is something that won’t earn you enough to support yourself so I really am against it but then after seeing the happy face that you had after I agree to your proposal, my mindset change a little, because it has been years since I last see you so happy and I want to protect that at all cause and so I thought maybe if I were to allow you to compose, you will be a bit more happier so I even have the thought that if you were not able to reach top 10 on the various charts as promised, I might just give in to you so that I can see you be your happy self again but then that is of course with my conditions. But of course you made it and I am really proud of you since you show and prove to me that you are capable in doing this and so I decided to let you go for it but then if I hear news that you are failing or something, then I won’t hesitate to stop you from doing it again.” Daddy Dong give her a small smile before continuing again.

 

“You know how daddy is not really good with words but I just want you to know that I will always be watching out for you no matter where you are, guiding and protecting you on. All daddy ever wanted for you is to be happy and be independent and never needing anyone else support in order to live on and being someone that everyone will look up to in the future. Do remember that mummy and daddy loves you a lot and misses you a lot and is very sorry for always missing out in your life when you are growing up and we are trying to make it back right now. I was really sad when you didn’t came back with the rest of your friends this holidays and hence I decided to come over and take a look to see how you are but that is of course after I found out that you were secretly doing composing and got to angry and forgot about that part. If can… try to come back and see us… if not you can ermm… call us or just simply drop us a message to tell us how you are… to show that you are doing well and enjoying what life has to offer.”

 

This words have left Mina in tears has her tears starts to roll silently down her cheeks. She have never known how much her parents have care for her and it hurts her a little to see the pain in her dad’s eyes when he talk about her being distance from them. She felt bad and feeling that she has not been filial to them when they have given her so much.

 

“I…  I…  am so sorry… I have been nothing but a bad daughter to you both… I have just let the both of you down…” Mina said in between her sobs.

 

“Hey hey don’t say that…” Daddy Dong say while using his hand to wipe away the tears that have roll down her cheeks. “Remember that you are never a failure. You are the best thing that has ever happen in me and your mum’s life and you will always be. You will never be a failure and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. A member of the Dong family will never be a failure and will always succeed.” With that Daddy Dong pull her into his embrace, letting her cry her heart out, comforting her. After a long while Mina pull away.

 

“Thanks daddy. Thanks for everything.”

 

“It is nothing. It is what we parents odd to do for our precious little ones.” Daddy Dong smile to his daughter and they just sat there enjoying the little silence they have before they heard the announcement asking all passengers on Daddy Dong’s flight to enter and board the flight now.

 

“Alright that is the sign for me to leave. Please do take care of yourself and continue to work hard on composing and also on your business studies. Even though I have allow you the freedom to do composing but that doesn’t mean you can neglect on your business. Sigh how am I going to tell your mum this news. Sigh. Oh well i guess I will think of something… Do remember to call us frequently to tell us how you are and do come back for a visit if you are free or something.”

 

“I will no worries dad. You better get going before you miss your flight.”

 

“Damn if only I don’t have an important meeting tomorrow. I really want to miss this flight and spend more time with you now that we know each other a bit better. I don’t likey this” Daddy Dong sigh and pouting like a little kid.

 

“Ya dad!! How old are you and why are you still behaving like a kid?? Faster go on!!”

 

“Fine fine. You are so mean!! You have no idea how I use this to charm your mother in marrying me. No worries you will see how charming this trick is in the future!! I will make sure I teach your boyfriend this trick and make him use it to make you fall heads over heels for him.”

 

“Ayee dad… why are you doing this… just get going already.”

 

“Fine fine. I am leaving bye bye.” With that Daddy Dong give Mina one more hug and one more wave before leaving.”

 

Mina stood there looking at her dad’s back view all the way until he disappear into the departure hall and suddenly she sees how her dad has age a lot throughout this the years when she is being distant with them and that sight saddens her a lot and she tries to fight back the tears that has threaten to fall again.

 

“Thank you dad. You will always be the most awesome dad in the world. I love you."

 


ho ho ho i am back with another update before Kai's and Cnblue's day is gone!! 14 Jan of every year is always a really important day for me because there is always 2 major events that I had to celebrate which is firstly Cnblue's debut anniversary and of course Kai's birthday!! Two of the most important things in my life and something that I can never live without. Firstly Cnblue have debut for 6 years and I have been a boice for 5 years which is so long and i cannot believe it myself and they have change so much of my perspective in life and making me love so many things. Words cannot descirbe how much i love the 4 of them. They will always be my cutie babies no matter how old they are. For Kai, his passion in dance is something that I hope that I will have in something that I really want to do and continue to have the passion to work on even if things get hard. 2 different types of band and person but still they leave impacted me in their own different ways which is something that I really love about them. I will continue to support them all and love them to the moon and back for 10000 times. Haiz i am loving today so much helpss~~ I am feeling so emotional and my story isn't helping much because it is something that I wish i share with my dad but sadly no and it kinds of saddens me a lot. hopefully when time continues on we will get better. Oh well i better leave now cause I still have things to do and it is getting long here lolzz~~ Sorry and enjoy reading!! :)))