Chapter 22

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“What is this thing I am feeling on my face?? It feels so comfortable and i just want to indulge in it forever but then it is also making me feel so awake and I can’t seem to sleep anymore so I think I should take a look at what it is…”

 

With that Mina slowly open her eyes and were totally shocked at the sight in front of her. Her eyes widen bigger in an attempt to understand the situation ahead. As Sehun is squatting down in front of her and is staring straight at her but then his hand, his hand and she followed the direction of his hand and it was placed on her left cheek.

 

“What is he doing?? Omg!! Is his hand the comfortable feeling I have been feeling?? But how... why… what is this??” Mina thought and they continue to stare for a while before they both break away at the same time, blushing and looking awkward at what Sehun had done. Mina gave a dry cough to hide the awkwardness and said, “Erm… I… I think we should get going… It is getting late…”

 

Even before he can reply, she have already started to walk out of the room. He was stunned for a while before he follow her out too. She uses her hands and place it on her cheeks trying to hide her shyness and her feelings. “Helps I can’t seem to do this anymore!! I want to mental breakdown so much!! Someone save me!!”

 

Sehun who was walking behind her took in the sight of how she is placing both her hands on her cheeks to hide her shyness and the atmosphere around them is really awkward and suddenly he hate himself for doing that, for making things around them awkward but then somehow at that moment he just can’t seem to resist the urge to touch her face and he doesn’t seem to regret it but if there is a chance for him to turn back time, maybe he will think twice before actually doing it. He hates how they are not on speaking terms and she is just being really quiet and kind of like avoiding him.

 

The car ride was oddly quiet too as they both keep quiet and even until they reach her house and when she got off, Sehun too got off as he knows that he cannot let himself go if he were to just let her go home like that without speaking another word more to each other. She hurriedly wave and just wanted to escape into her house when Sehun stopped her and said, “Wait!! About just now… I am so sorry I didn’t mean it… I just can’t seem to stop myself…”

 

Mina turn around and look at him and said, “It is okay. I understand.” She just wants to escape not just because the atmosphere is very awkward but also it is really cold and she forgot to wear a thicker jacket and she is freezing and she is hugging herself trying to keep warm. He saw and he walk up towards her and said, “Are you cold?? Why didn’t you wear a thicker jacket??” With that he wanted to take off the cardigan he is wearing but Mina stopped him and said, “No no no!! I don’t need it!! I think you need it more than me since you have to make your way home. Don’t worry about me I will just run into the house and the heater will already be on and it will keep warm so i don’t need it. Just keep it!! Bye i will go first it is feeezing!!” With that Mina gave him a smile and waved before running into the house and closing it. Sehun sigh and stare blankly at her house door for a while before he finally snaps out of it and turn around to get in his car and drive off.  

 

“So what have you got for me?? Do a summary of it.” Daddy Dong said. Even though it is early in the morning but Daddy Dong is already meeting his first guest for the day, the guy that he had asked to do a research on her daughter and he has brought him some news.

 

“According to my investigation, she seems to be doing well in school, her grades are good, as expected of her and she attended every day of class without fail and it seems that she is enjoying her time there with her best friends. But then…” The person has a sudden change of expression on his face.

 

“What is it??”

 

“Ermm I don’t know if I should say or not because you might feel upset at that fact.”

 

“Don’t keep it from me. I am ready for this kind of things the moment I know I am going to send her overseas. Just tell me.” He ordered.

 

“Okay. It seems that she had secretly entered a composing competition and win herself a chance guide this group called EXO at sm entertainment…” He was just speaking when he looked up and see how the face on his boss have changed totally from the calm to totally angry and he knows that his daughter will be in so much danger right now, with the anger of his and hence he decided to put in some good words for her. “Errmmm it seems like she is doing a very good job at the company and their skills have improved a lot and everyone is really please…” He timidly look up at him again and see that his face expression have not calm down at all. “Erm here is all the details…” With that he timidly place the envelope on the table and wait for him to say something.

 

Daddy Dong tried to calm himself down a little as he doesn’t want to flare up at some innocent guy. He slowly breathe in and out before finally saying, “I see. Thank you so much for your help. The money will be transferred to your account. Thank you and you may leave.”

 

With that the guy immediately stood up and give him a bow before quickly escaping the place, not wanting to stay in this place any longer not knowing when his boss anger will explode and kill everyone in the vicinity. A while after the guy left, Daddy Dong stretch forward and grab the envelope. He took out the contents to take a look and once again in anger, he crushed the paper and walked towards his desk and pick up the phone to dial a number.

 

“Yes??” His secretary answered.

 

“Book me the fastest flight to korea and cancel all my schedules for the week.”

 

“Yes. Sir. I will do it.”

 

“Dong Mina. What are you exactly thinking??” Daddy Dong thought as he look out of the window of his office.

 

“Urghh i am so bored… it is so boring without my eonnis at home. I have nothing to do… Maybe I should do some composing since everyone is gone… weehoo~~” With that she escaped into her room and started composing. Something that she has constantly want to do but she had been really busy to do so. She constantly have composing ideas flowing in her head and she has been too tired to put it down and today she finally have the chance to do so. By the time she got out and done with her work, it is already night time and she had spent the whole day composing away and she didn’t even realise that she had skipped lunch. This is one problem she always had when she is alone. She tend to forget she had to eat and tend to starve herself or she gets too lazy to eat and this isn’t good. She decided to make use of this time to cook something for herself since her eonnis aren't home and no one can fight for the kitchen with her.

 

She slowly prepare the ingredients and cook herself a meal before she brought the food out to the living room and watch it while eating dinner. After she is done, she slowly go back to the kitchen and clean up. After that she went back to her room and just then her phone announced an incoming message. She pick up her phone to see who it is and it is from Jiyah.

 

Jiyah eonni: Hi. I just want you to come in earlier tomorrow to talk about EXO’s progress and also about you. Thank you so much and see you~~

 

MinaDong: okay i understand. Thank you so much. See you too~~

 

With that Mina put her phone down and prepared to go to sleep. Since she had nothing to do, she decided to just turn in early and have a good rest before the class tomorrow.

 

The next day, she left the house early to find Jiyah. She knock on the door to her office and a voice saying, “Come in.” Can be heard as she open the door and entered the place.

 

“Oh you are here. Come on here and take a seat.” Jiyah said when she saw who just came into the room.

 

“Thank you. Ermm why are you looking for me??”

 

“Oh yes. I am looking for you to discuss about the progress of EXO in term of their composing skills. I have personally look through some of the works that you have send me and I think they were good and they have definitely improved a lot from before and with that the company and I are really proud of what you have done. But what about you, what do you think of their abilities so far??”

 

“I think so far like you said, they have improved a lot and although some are still not as strong as the others but they are definitely improving and all in all they are really good but there are still room for improvement for all of them and they have potential so I am looking forward to all their works in the future.”

 

“I see. That sounds good from the way you are putting it and I am also sure I can count on you to push them further so for that please continue to work hard.”

 

“Yes. I will.”

 

“And another reason why I got you here today is also to tell you that the winning song that you did for the sm composing competition, that is going to be put in f(x)’s new upcoming album, which the album is going to be release this week, most probably on this Thursday or so as they will be having their comeback stages this week. The other producers and songwriters of their album is really happy with your work and also f(x) too so they decided to promote it on music shows so you can take a look at their performance and see how the song performs on the charts. Are you happy to hear this??”

 

“Of course!! Of course I am happy!! My very first official composition being perform by my favorite artists and also to be put into their album for their fans!! Of course I am happy!! It is really an honour!! Damn this has to be the happiest day of my life!!”

 

“Hahahaha!! I am so glad to see you so happy. We are also really happy for you and proud of you. Hopefully we can expect more good works from you to be put inside our artists’ albums. Also we will be giving you a signed CD by f(x) for the album as a gift and I hope you will like that.”

 

“Yes that would be really good!! Thank you so much!! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity!! I will make sure I work even harder from now!!”

 

“Okay. That’s good. If there is nothing, you can go now, cause your class is starting soon and you don’t want to make them wait.”

 

“Okay!! I will get going then!! Goodbye and thank you so much for the news!! I will see you!!” With that Mina stood up, gave Jiyah a bow before leaving the place happily.

 

Mina let out a light scream as she made her way to the classroom as she cannot believe that is happening to her!!

 

“Omg finally my work is going to be published in f(x)’s album!! The day i have been waiting for the moment i entered this play and won the competition!! I am so happy I just feel like screaming!!” With that she let out a small scream and skip her way towards the room.

 

Sehun who was been waiting for her at the usual place, was feeling weird as to why Mina hasn’t appeared as she has always been really punctual. Seeing that class is going to start really soon, he starts to walk slowly to the room, hoping while he is walking,  she will catch up with him if she were to come. Feeling really puzzled as to why she didn’t appear and wondering is if because of what he did the last lesson and he got worried. Lost in his thoughts, he reached the room and just then he saw her and for some odd reason, she looks really happy.

 

He ran up to her and waved while slightly pouting and said, “Ya!! Where were you??!! Do you know I have been waiting for you at the reception area and i thought you were not coming today and I was worried.”

 

“Oh I am so sorry I forgot to tell you that I am coming to the company early today because Jiyah eonni wants to meet me.”

 

“Ehhh why is she suddenly looking for you??”

 

“It is to talk about your progresses and also about me.”

 

“Talk about us??!! Did you say something bad about us??”

 

“Ya i did. I curse so much that Jiyah eonni have to cover her ears so that I don’t pollute her with all the vulgarities.” Mina said with full of sarcasm. Sehun just stare at her with his mouth wide open and Mina just sigh and said, “I am kidding. Don’t worry I didn’t curse about you guys so you can close your mouth before an insect fly into your mouth.”

 

“Phew I really thought you did do that because you are totally capable of that.” With that Mina shoot him an angry glare and he quickly change the topic and asked, “Then what were the 2 of you discussing about, regarding you??”

 

“Oh Yeah!! Oh Yeah!! It is about my works!! My work, the one that win me the competition and got me here, it is finally going to be put into f(x)’s upcoming album!!! Omg i am so happy so happy!!” With that Mina started jumping in happiness in front of him, just like a little kid. Seeing her so happy, he can’t help but feel happy for her too!!

 

“Are you that happy??”

 

“You betcha!! Of course!!” Mina said with that Mina gave a wide grin to Sehun. Sehun smiled too, as it seems like her happiness have spread to him, making him feel happy too. Somehow he wishes that he can continue to watch her be happy like this, sharing with her her happiness, sharing her sadness with him and also how he wishes that he is the only one who she will smile this brightly to. He smiled and ruffle her hair adoringly.

 

“Congratulations~~ Your wish just came true~~ I feel really happy for you~~” Sehun said as he continue to ruffle her hair and look adoringly at her. She looked up shyly at him and their eyes seems to be lock together as they just stare at each other and Mina can feel her heartbeat beating faster and faster again.

 

They were still very in their world when suddenly a voice can be heard.

 

“Where are they?? They should be here by now. Maybe I should go look for them.”

 

Suddenly after hearing this voice, their facial expressions change when they recognise who the voice belongs to and they quickly look away and just in time Baekhyun open the door from the studio and saw Sehun and Mina standing awkwardly outside of the door.

 

“What is wrong with you two?? Did i interrupt the both of you while you guys are in the middle of something??”

 

“No of course not oppa. What are you thinking??” Mina said while letting out an awkward laughter.

 

“Really?? Then why do you both look so awkward when i came out?? What are you two hiding from me??

 

“Nothing hyung… really!!”

 

“Really?? Are you both like kissing or hugging behind my back or something and i interrupt??” Baekhyun said while giving the cheeky look.

 

“Ah… Ahhh oppa that is not the case!! Look at the time we are so late now!! We should start class now!! Let’s enter oppa!!” With that Mina pushed Baekhyun back into the room.

 

“Oh you are here!! I thought you were not coming today…” Suho said when he saw Mina entering the room.

 

“Oh i just went to meet Jiyah just now to discuss some stuff.”

 

“Oh guys did you know what I just see just now?? Mina and Sehun acting all weird outside. I think they are hiding something from us.” Baekhyun said cheekily.

 

“Woooo~~ What did you guys do??” Chanyeol said and everyone starts to look cheekily at them.

 

“Ya oppa there is really nothing going on between us. Let’s stop this and time to get started on the lesson today!! We are running late!!” With that Mina started to brief them on what is going to be done this week. “As i have told you last week, this week we will be doing full scale composing for the whole week and on Saturday we will have a review session on your progresses. Hopefully by the end of this week you can compose a full minute and go to the 1 min 30 seconds mark so that we can be on the schedule. So are there any questions?? If not you can get going.” With that everyone slowly got into their place and start to get their work done.

 

Mina was just making her rounds and checking on their work when she suddenly heard a commotion outside of their room.

 

“Sir you can’t barge in like this. If you continue to walk on, i will call the security.”

 

“Do you have any idea who am I?? Assistant you go talk to her.” With that the said man continued to walk forward and his assistant showed the evidence of his company and the receptionist immediately kept quiet. The said man walk until he found the room and opened it.

 

Mina and the rest was just thinking it was nothing when the door to their room opened and they all turn their heads and attention to the door and whoever was at the door shocked Mina and after a while before she finally blurted out, “Da… Dad??”

 


ho ho ho!! i am here with another update this week!! There is a double update this week so for those who miss out, please check out the previous chapter!! Finally Daddy Dong knows about the little secret that Mina kept and what will happen now that Daddy Dong barge all the way to korea?? Please rememeber to check it out hahaha!! I will be going now because I am still watching SBS gayo daejun and damn cnblue performance is so hype i love it especially when Minhyuk got a little solo and more screen time and also Chen and Baekhyun tribute stage super nice!! Also the other artists are doing an awesome job live helps!! Still waiting for EXO hahahaha!! Okay have to concentrate byee and enjoy reading!! :)))