Chapter 1

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

“Welcome to the annual sm academy composing competition,organised by sm for all those talented young composers under our special summer holiday composing crash course. I am glad to be here for the finals where we will be announcing who is the winner of the competition. But first let me tell you about the attractive winning prize for the winner. So,the winner of this competition will have a chance for their composing piece for this competition to be included in f(x) upcoming album and of course they will get to work with one of the many sm artists.” said the host.

 

“Yes this is why i entered this competition of course not to work with the other sm artists but to have my very own composition being put into f(x)’s new album. It will be such an honour to be able to have my song in my beautiful f(x) eonnis album ahhhh~~ For my awesome eonnis~~ I even risked my life to enter this because of my daddy’s disapproval but then this is a private event so i doubt he will even know i have attended a crash course on composing and on the plus side he is not even in Korea weehoo~~ so he cannot come and catch me himself muhahahaha~~” Dong Mina thought to herself.

 

No one is here to support her today because she has decided to keep it a secret as she was scared that if she ever told anyone, all these words would travel to her daddy’s ears and she knows that even though daddy dotes on her a lot but if she ever defied his words, she would be in serious trouble and when daddy flares up, well, it ain’t a pretty sight. Even though she was dying to tell her 3 besties that had come along with her to study overseas but she has also decided to keep it a secret from them as she didn't want them to be dragged into the whole situation due to her own selfish behaviour in case this really got found out by her daddy, at least no innocent people will get involved.

 

Oh well but as Dong Mina looks around the place, every contestant for this competition had their families and friends there to support them, everyone but her, the only odd one out in this whole place with no one there to support her. At this point, she felt a bit sad and lonely and of course envious as if she had a father who supported her on her composing path, maybe she wouldn't feel so lonely right now. But to her this is nothing because since young, she had always been alone as her daddy and mummy are always working trying to earn money and keep the family business going so they are rarely around the house much therefore she is often left alone with the helpers and she had to get things done by herself, independently.

 

“Mummy would have supported me but then she is a bit like daddy, doesn’t think this job will keep me alive…” she sighs. “If only they could understand.”

 

Just when she is deep into her own thoughts, the host is back with the results and this snaps her back to reality.

 

“Yes the result is more important now. At least if I ever get caught, i have some results to prove to them that I can survive well in this industry. Yes that is what i need and of course to put it inside my idols album yes.” and with that Mina is back and gotten rid of whatever depressing thoughts she had. With her heart pumping faster than a cheetah running, she carefully listened to the host as she starts to announce the results.

 

“And now I have in my hands the name of the winner of this competition that you all have been waiting for. Come shout out the names that you think will win this competition.”

 

“Oh can’t this host just freaking read that freaking name out! urgh I don’t even think my heart can take anymore of this tension. Just read that freaking name out, and know if it is me or not and boom clap done, we can all go home. We don’t need this unnecessary tensions that it is not good to any of us or to our heart.” as Mina screams this out at the top of her voice internally. She is a girl that is raised with manners so she won’t do anything that would embarrass herself but of course she has to stay low in order to prevent letting the cat out of the bag.

 

“I hear some names that are coming out frequently so now i will read out the winner’s name.” and the host started to open the envelope with the name of the winner. “The winner is... so are the contestants nervous??” the host asked.

 

“Urgh does she have to really spoil the moment omg has already opened and is so close to announcing the name so why can’t she just freaking continue and say out the name urgh. Still ask us if we are nervous. Of course we are nervous we are freaking nervous, i can feel my legs trembling and my heart now beating faster and faster so she better get that over and done with.”

 

“So the winner is.... isn’t it hot these days??”

 

“OMG can she not!! This freaking tension is eating me alive. Just say the name out and everyone’s heart will be saved from this tension.”

 

“Fine i know the tension is eating you all out so i will announce. The winner is…”

 

The winner is Dong Mina!! Congratulations!! Your work has truly impressed the judges and they see the potential in you on this composing route!! we are so proud of you, congrats!!”

 

“Oh finally she said the winner yay finally. urgh i was dying from that tension.” she is so caught up in the host taking her time to announce that her brain was a few seconds late in processing what the host had just announce so by the time her brain clicks, she suddenly snapped awake.

 

“Wait what did she just say?? Who did she just say the winner was?? DID SHE JUST SAY MY NAME??” She turned sharply to look around and everyone around her is already congratulating her for her job well done and she is just like what… this is unbelievable.

 

“Dong Mina congrats!! Please come up to the stage now to receive this certificate.”

 

Still in a daze that she won, she slowly walked up to the stage. “This can’t be happening. Me, winning this?? My song is going to appear in f(x)’s album?? Whattt??”

 

She uses her hand to pinch herself on the arm. “Ouch , that freaking hurts. That means this is real!! This is all real!! ahhhhhhhh!! OMG!! I just won i just freaking won!! I am so happy!! My song is going to be in f(x)’s album ahhhh!! That is the best news ever!! I feel like I can literally break dance here ermm not that I can really break dance maybe i will literally ‘break’ everything in my body while dancing but it is just a matter of speech to show that I am really that happy!! ahhh~okay i've gotta chill.”

 

With this thought of having just won, her steps got lighter as she walked much faster to the stage,  a wide smile spread across her face. “Yes i have done it!! All my nights of working on this have not gone to waste! happiness!! If only i had someone to share this happy news with… haizz.. oh well i shouldn’t be sad about that now!! I should be happy cause i have just freaking won a competition booh yah!!”

 

She happily received the certificate from the most picky judge of this competition and also one of the well-known judge of this composing industry and shook hands with him. She can’t stop staring at the certificate, which had her name written hugely in bold and underline to  show that she had just won. Nothing could describe the happiness she was feeling as she looked up to the audience, all clapping and cheering for her victory. This is truly amazing.

 

“Congrats once again to Dong Mina for winning this competition! We hope to see more amazing works from you again in the future! Please go back to your seat now and in a few days time we will contact you and inform you of the mysterious sm artist that you are going to work with. Please anticipate!! Once again another round of applause for Dong Mina.”

 

Under the sound of the applause and congratulatory words from the others, Mina walked happily back to her seat. “This is truly amazing!! I still can’t believe it myself” as she thought to herself while the host made her ending statement and closed this whole competition.

 

“Sadly this competition has come to an end. I am so sorry for those who have not won because they were all truly amazing and it has been a really tough decision for the judges. I know you all did your best so give yourself a round of applause and a pat on the back for the job well done. Don’t give up as there will be more chances out there for you all to showcase your talent. I will be looking out for you all and I hope to hear more of your creative works in the future. Thank you for all your hard work and also to the judges for having to go through such a difficult decision to finally choose the winner. So now thank you everyone and have a nice day!! Goodbye and take care when leaving!! See you on the next sm academy composing competition! goodbye!!”

 

“Well it ended, this competition ended,  going to miss it and the experience they have given me. I should probably get home soon before my besties notice something is wrong.”

 

On the way back, Mina could not stop her from feeling happy as her feet became lighter and she could not stop herself from humming to the tune that got her the first prize today. Everything is going well. Well that is until…

 

"DONG MINA WHERE HAVE YOU GONE TILL THIS LATE AGAIN WITHOUT TELLING US." questioned my bestie Kuroi in a loud voice the moment I stepped into the landed property that my daddy had gladly agree to lend to us while we are studying here.

 

" busted" Mina thought to herself. "Sorry I am just out trying to help my daddy to sort some ermmm business stuff that he have here. Nothing else." Mina said.

 

"REALLY. Why are you so nervous then?"

 

"Really!! Why would I lie to you?? It is not as if by lying to you I will get money or anything good out of it."

 

"Hm. Go have your dinner and sleep early, we have class tomorrow."

 

"Yes eonnieee~" Mina said playfully, being the maknae of the house. Even though they are all of the same age but then she was born the last among all of them, hence making her the maknae. Although her eonnis might sound very fierce but they are actually really nice and doted on her a lot to the point of spoiling her sometimes.

 

Mina went back into her room on the 2nd floor of the house. She remembered how they chose their rooms then. They toured around the house once and then they each chose their favourite. Luckily everyone had their own preferences on the different rooms so they didn't really have to fight for the room they wanted. The room she had chosen was towards the corner of the level, directly opposite Kuroi's with Sooin's beside her. Upon stepping into her room, one would immediately see a series of full length windows extending out in front, leading out to a balcony which had a table and chair where she loved to sit down and just relax when she is free. Right beside the door is her bedside table and her bed which is filled with all kinds of soft toys she loved like the Teddy bear from the Teddy museum, brown bear from line chat, rilakumas and many others. Although her nose might be a bit sensitive to soft toys but she still insisted on having them. At the foot of her bed, there is a guitar for her to play and help in her compositions. Not to mention at the other side of the door where her bookshelf is, is almost filled, as she really loved to read and collect books a lot, mostly mystery and adventure books. It also included her favourite idol f(x)'s albums, from the very first one all the way to the most current one. Beside it is her work table where her mac station and macbook is, complete with speakers, keyboard and headphones to help her with her compositions.

 

She closed her room door  and sat down at her table, letting out a sigh. She feels bad for having to lie all the time but this is just to protect them as she didn't want to get them blamed for helping her keep the secret of her composing. "Oh well. Let’s forget about that and look forward to the future and the fact that my song is going to be released in f(x)'s album and also who am I going to work with?? Hmmm… I really hope it is f(x)!! I really can't Wait!!"

 

 


ho ho ho!! after so long my first ever fanfic is published!! hope you guys will enjoy it and ignore if there is spelling mistakes or anything hehehehe~~ A long chapter for you guys since I just start out and if you see some changes here and there please don't mind me and I am really sorry because I am still new to this things so I am trying to make it as good as possible!! please leave some comments as all types of comments are welcome!! Thank you!! :)))