Chapter 9

Dance.

 

Jae Ni awoke the next day, her cheeks were stained with tears, and her eyes puffy and red from crying herself to sleep. She questioned no one in particular about where her mum was, earning nothing but complete silence. She sighed as she looked out at the window, watching the birds cheeping happily.

*I wish I could be happy now.* Turning her head to the other side, she stopped at the empty seat.

*Why did I tell Woohyun to leave?
He deserves it.
He felt really sorry though.
He took away dance.
He was the only one who stood up for me.
He nearly killed me.*

“AHH SHUT UP!” Jae Ni screamed clutching her thought filled head. She grabbed her hair, lowering her head.

~~~

A few weeks had passed, and Jae Ni was finally discharged from the hospital. As she walked out of the hospital, seeing families laughing happily together. *Why couldn’t I live like that?*

Unlike other people, no one had come to collect her from the hospital. No one had bothered to accompany her when she was at her lowest point. She was almost in a state of depression, and the thoughts of suicide were continuously lingering in her head.  *Wouldn’t everyone be happy if I died?*

She sighed as she trudged home, her empty wallet haunting her. It was a symbol, a symbol of her life now being empty without dance. 

Turning a corner, she bumped harshly into a stranger, sending her flying back and landing hard on her backside in the process. She looked up, seeing a stranger smirking down at her.

“Hello there girly, are you all alone? How about you come over to my place to play for a bit?” He questioned, squatting down in front of Jae Ni as the strong scent of alcohol escaped his mouth. She scrambled back in fear as he curled a lock of her hair around his finger. Her back hit the wall and she gulped.

“HEY YOU! What do you think you’re doing?” A voice sounded from the shadows, as the figure of the only person Jae Ni did not want to see appeared.

Nam Woohyun, he was back, and he was helping her now. Just like the other times, her heart and her mind fought, asking desperately if she should forgive him. Once again, her head won over, telling her that he was a bad person who should not be trusted.

The stranger stood up, growling at Woohyun as he stormed off, in search of his next prey. Woohyun walked up to Jae Ni, putting his hand out to her. She hesitantly took it, feeling unfamiliar sparks shoot up her arms. *What’s wrong with my arm? Must be a side affect.*

Jae Ni nodded as Woohyun asked her if she was alright.

“Do you want to go eat something?”  He asked, as he tried to earn forgiveness. Jae Ni looked at the empty wallet in her hand, before returning her gaze to him and nodding softly. Woohyun smiled a breath taking smile, making her heart flutter.

He led her into a nearby café, telling her to order anything she wanted as he was going to pay for it. Without a smile, Jae Ni nodded, looking down at the menu and ordering a range of foods.

As Jae Ni finished her food, she said thank you to Woohyun, turning her head away from him to avoid smiling at his irresistible smile. Woohyun went to the counter to pay, as Jae Ni put on her torn jacket once again.

As Woohyun returned to her side, he noticed the torn jacket she was wearing as she attempted to cover the holes self-consciously. He pouted as he pulled her hands away and took a good look at her jacket.

“We need to get you some clothing.” He said as Jae Ni shook her head in protest. Woohyun ignored her protest and dragged her to the mall; buying bag full’s of clothes for her.

~~~

Jae Ni looked down at the many bags in his hand as she thanked him awkwardly. Woohyun waved it off and offered to walk her home. She shook her head but stopped as she took another look at the huge amount of bags in Woohyun’s hands.

The twinkle of his eyes made Jae Ni nod, Woohyun smiled as he told her to lead the way. She began to walk in the direction of her house. Woohyun tagged along behind, looking around at the surroundings. 

~~~

Not a very interesting chapter... mianhae... 

THANKYOU FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING! MUCH APPRECIATED!