Chapter 56

Dance.

 

Jae Ni knocked nervously on the door of her former house, also known as, the place where her parents and brother lived. There were a few muffled yells from the other side, most likely from her parents. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, the door opened, revealing her dad. He looked slightly surprised by the fact the Jae Ni had come to visit them, but mostly because she had brought a guest with her.

“Oh Annyeong Jae Ni-ah, whose this?” Her dad begun.

“Annyeong Appa, this is Woohyun, my…” Jae Ni hesitated and looked back at Woohyun who smiled reassuringly at her. “…boyfriend.” She continued. She heard a quiet gasp from behind her dad, and her mum emerged.

Her mum’s face immediately brightened when she saw Woohyun. She began giving him the elevator eyes, checking him out and nodding approvingly.

“Well come on in, we won’t stand her all day will we?” Her mum laughed as Jae Ni smiled and grabbed Woohyun’s hand. As they walked past her dad, her dad gave Woohyun a stern ‘look’, to which Woohyun gulped and bit his lip.

Jae Ni did not notice this and continued to walk into the lounge room, telling him to sit down as she sat down herself. Woohyun smiled at her and sat next to her, intertwining his fingers with hers and gazing lovingly into her eyes. Her parents watched their interactions with joyful eyes.

“OMMA WHAT’S FOR DINNER?” A loud voice sounded from upstairs, and Woohyun and Jae Ni turned their heads to the staircase, spotting Jae Min pacing down. Woohyun’s eyes widened, as his eyes followed Jae Min’s every movement.

Jae Ni felt Woohyun’s hand tighten in hers, and she squeezed his hand lightly, turning his attention back to her as she gave him a reassuring smile. He immediately calmed down, bit his lip to stop himself from doing anything further.

After a few minutes of exploring the kitchen, he came back into the room, a bag of chips present in his hand. He lifted his head from the bag of chips, gasping when he saw that there was a guest. His eyes widened when he realised who the guest was. *Woohyun…*

“Jae Min, have to met Jae Ni’s boyfriend yet?” Their mum said with a hint of happiness present in her tone.

“Yes… I have….” Jae Min said quickly as he glared at Woohyun. Woohyun flinched at his glare. Jae Ni also noticed his glare, and continued to switch her gaze to and from Jae Min and Woohyun. She too had no idea what Jae Min had against Woohyun.

Her dad cleared his throat, releasing some of the tension that was still lingering in the atmosphere.

“I’ll just go now…” Jae Min began as he made his way back up the stairs. Her mum and dad switched gazes, furrowing their eyebrows and shrugging before turning their heads back to the couple.

Her dad continued to stare at Woohyun, as he sat down on the couch across from Woohyun. Her mum followed him, sitting across from Jae Ni and smiling secretively at her. Jae Ni laughed and shook her head.

“So… how old are you son?” Her dad began.

“T-t-twenty one sir.” Woohyun stuttered in reply, Jae Ni’s dad nodded in approval. (A/N: i'm not really sure if i mentioned woohyun's age in this fic, so tell me if I have. :L)

“How long have you been with Jae Ni?” He asked as Woohyun and Jae Ni looked over at each other. Jae Ni bit her lip and shrugged, he shrugged back. “You… don’t know?” Her dad asked in disbelief as they lowered their heads and shook them. Her dad let out a short laugh and smiled. “That means you’ve been together for pretty long ey?”

Jae Ni and Woohyun smiled to each other, before turning their attention back to her dad, bracing themselves for more questions.

“What do you do for a living?”

“I…I’m in an idol group… called Infinite.”

“BWOH?! YOU’RE FAMOUS?!” Her dad yelled, as they both flinched. Their grasps on each others’ hands tightened as they looked down. “DO YOU KNOW HOW PRESSURING THAT IS? HOW WILL YOUR FANS REACT WHEN THEY FIND OUT? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WILL DO TO JAE NI?”

They both cowered away in fear, and shrivelled deeper into the couch with every phrase her dad yelled. Her mum was watching her dad explode, putting her hand up to his shoulder to calm him down.

The shouting stopped after a while, and Woohyun and Jae Ni reopened their eyes, seeing that her dad was now taking deep breaths. Jae Ni bit her lip and turned to Woohyun, whose eyes were now slightly watery. Jae Ni’s expression dropped. *It must be hard on him, he’s doing the thing he loves, but my appa isn’t accepting him.*

Woohyun continued to look down at the floor as her dad glared at Woohyun.

“You…. I don’t allow you to date my daughter!” Her dad yelled as Woohyun and Jae Ni’s eyes widened more. Jae Ni’s mum looked between the three of them with worried eyes.

“Yeobo… let them be…” Her mum began.

“ANIO! I WILL NOT LET MY DAUGHTER DATE AN IDOL!” 

~~~

sorry for not updating yesterday >.< alot has been going on lately.... by alot i mean planning for next year, and getting my exit forms from my school now. sorry for making excuses... BUT i probably won't update as frequently... please understand (: 

anyways... I GOT AN IPHONE! YAY <3 -cheers- LOL... 

THANKYOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTING MY FIC! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO; SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! ARASO? (: ANNYEONG READERS! SARANGHAEYO <3 

oh no.... the storm is coming D': thunder, lightning, rain and dark skies... -sigh- apparently it's going to flood? D': i really hope not.... BUT if you see on the news that Australia floods, then that's my reason for not updating (: 

ANNYEONG READERS! <3