차프터 01

Dance.

 

“NO PLEASE COME BACK!” Jae Ni’s mum cried, reaching for her husband’s leg as he picked up his suitcase with one hand. He kept a straight face, as he harshly pushed her head to the side, loosening her grip on his leg. As she let go, he hurried off, running as fast as he could without looking back.

6 year old Jae Ni watched from the sidelines, seeing her mum weeping loudly as the car outside drove away. As the sound faded away into the distance, Jae Ni popped out of her hiding spot.

“Huh? Where is Appa going? Can you tell him to buy me some ice cream?” Jae Ni said innocently. Jae Ni’s mum lifted her head, meeting gazes with Jae Ni. “Oh? Why is Umma crying? Don’t worry, you can ask Appa to buy you some ice cream too!”

Jae Ni was clueless at that moment, but the next few words from her mum, made her more confused than ever.

“He’s not coming back.” Jae Ni’s mum said, as she broke into another sob and pulled Jae Ni into her embrace. Jae Ni just tilted her head to the side, not knowing that ‘not coming back’ meant forever.

Jae Ni continued to hug her mum, until her sobs became quiet. Her mum let out a deep sigh, before pulling Jae Ni to arm length and looking at her straight in her eyes.

“Jae Ni ah, from now on, you don’t trust anyone, araso?” Her mum warned as Jae Ni nodded vigorously.

So from that day on, the world was seen as untrustworthy to Jae Ni. She had become distant from all her friends, who had no idea why she had suddenly turned her shoulder to them. She would pretend they didn’t exist. What was thought to be y behaviour was actually fear. Jae Ni, after her dad had left her and her mum alone in the world, had not trusted a single person. Deep inside, Jae Ni believed that anyone who she trusted would end up turning against her, just like he had.

Jae Ni was seen as an outcast in her school, the permanent loner, who had brought it upon herself to ignore everyone. She would be bullied; mentally, physically and emotionally. Though it was her mum who had told her to not trust anyone, she never blamed her mum for the fact that she had lost all her friends. She always thought of her mum as the one who was right, the only one in the world who she could trust.

Her mum was the only person she loved, until she came home with him. He was a monster, a master of disguise. When her mum was around, he would act as the perfect father; loving, caring and always there for Jae Ni. But when her back was turned, he became heartless and abusive. He would always threaten her to leave the house, which she never did, because of her mum.

If her mum had not married that horrid man, Jae Ni and her mum would not survive. But with him, Jae Ni felt as if she had no reason to live. She would rather live a homeless, poor life, than live a life full of abuse and hate.

That was, when dance came along. Dance, her only way to escape reality, to make her memories less painful, to dry up her tears as if they had never existed. Dance, her reason to live, her reason to keep going every day, her reason to not just give up on life.

Not only was it her source of happiness, even for the short amount of time it lasted, it was also the source, which led her to the person, Nam Woohyun. 

~~~

ANNYEONG EVERYONE! I'm really sorry for not updating for a really long time D': But thankyou everyone for your patience (:

WELL basically... the new Apple software came out, so the past 3 days, my dad has been using my laptop every second of the day. Exploring about the new software... So I haven't touched my computer for the past 3 days >.< 

BUT DON'T FEAR! I'll update a few more times today (: 

OH AND CONGRATS TO INFINITE! <3 

Thankyou to my lovely subscribers ^^ 

SARANGHAEYO! :D