차프터 04

Dance.

 

Jae Ni woke up slowly, pain coursing throughout her body as she struggled to sit up. The unbearable pain made her lie back down, her face scrunching up as she tried not to scream out in pain. Her entire left side of her body was aching, which was the side she had been struck on.

Turning her head to the side, she noticed that a boy was sleeping with his arms tucked under his head. She furrowed her eyebrows at the stranger who was sleeping beside her.

With a shaking hand, she lightly shook the boy, making him shoot up from his seat. She recoiled her and in fear, looking up at the boy as if he could explode at her for waking him up.

What the boy did was far from what Jae Ni believed he would; he immediately came to her aid, asking her if she needed anything and if she was in pain.

Jae Ni nodded slowly, whispering to him that she was in pain. The boy went out of the room quickly, calling one of the nurses to check up on Jae Ni. He re-entered the room, which a slightly red nurse tagging along behind him. *Why is her face so red?*

The nurse gave Jae Ni some pain killers before exiting the room. The boy sat next to Jae Ni slowly, propping his head up with both his arms on the edge of the bed.

“So what’s your name?” He asked.

“J-Jae Ni. Kwon Jae Ni.” Jae Ni answered, she was not quite sure why she was stuttering, but the boy’s aura made him shine, making her feel extremely small and insignificant.

“I’m Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.” He answered, smiling his eye smile as Jae Ni swooned. *Nam Woohyun. Nam Woohyun. Nam Woohyun. Why does that name sound so familiar?*

Jae Ni waved off the thought, bringing her attention back to Woohyun, who was rambling on about nothing in particular. Jae Ni looked as if she was listening, but her mind was wondering off. *Why is he here?*

She finally found the courage to ask him, stuttering as she did so.

“Umm, Woohyun-sshi, why are you here?” Woohyun stiffened at the question. He did not want Jae Ni to know that he had HIT HER WITH HIS CAR. Woohyun bit his lip guiltily, look up at Jae Ni’s curious eyes.

“Uhh…umm…ah…I…Kind of… hityouwithmycar.” He said the last few words very quickly, as he was trying to brush off the subject. Jae Ni tilted her head, telling him to repeat the last few words. Woohyun sighed deeply, before clearing his throat and repeating himself.

Jae Ni furrowed her eyebrows. *He hit me with his car? Then why is he here?*

Woohyun, noticing Jae Ni’s thinking face, stood up abruptly from his seat, looking at Jae Ni with pleading eyes as he bowed over and over again. Repeating sorry sincerely as Jae Ni put a hand to try and stop him.

The pain returned to her body, making her hand fall limp on the edge of the bed. Seeing Jae Ni in pain, Woohyun returned to her side, asking her if she was alright.

Nodding in response, Jae Ni told him that it didn’t matter that he had hit her with his car, mainly because it seemed almost impossible to hate him.

Woohyun’s eyes sparkled at Jae Ni’s kind comments, as he pulled her in for a light hug, knowing the pain she would be in if he hugged her like he wanted to. Breaking the happy scene, the door was opened, revealing a tall male doctor with a clipboard in one hand. He paced over to Jae Ni, standing next to the bed as Woohyun and Jae Ni broke the hug and stared up at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly, beginning to explain what the crash had done to Jae Ni.

“Well, because of the extreme impact on the left side of your body, it had slightly put your spine out of place.” He took a x-ray out of the clipboard, putting it up against the light screen, pointing to the injured area of Jae Ni’s spine. Woohyun and Jae Ni both gasped at the same time, not being able to remove their eyes from the doctor.

“I’m sorry Ms.Kwon… But there is no way we can fix this.” The doctor bowed his head down in grief as Jae Ni’s jaw huge wipe open and her tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. *This can’t be happening…*

“Uhm… Will this affect my daily life?” Jae Ni managed to ask, swallowing down her tears.

“Do you do any active activities on a daily basis?” The doctor asked, looking down at his clipboard the back at Jae Ni.

“Uhm… Is dancing conunted?”

The doctor sighed deeply, before nodding to Jae Ni.

“You mean… I can’t dance anymore?” Jae Ni stuttered, her blood running cold as tears threatened to burst out.

Jae Ni could feel her heart break into millions of pieces as the doctor nodded once again. She clutched her heart, feeling as if a huge part of it was ripped out.

Dance, the only thing she truly loved, taken away from her. Dance, her only way to escape reality, taken away from her. Dance, her life, her reason for living, taken away from her. Who was responsible for this? None other than Nam Woohyun.

~~~

YOYOYO READERS ANNYEONG! :D Thankyou for subscribing and reading my story, Infinite will enter the story a lot later so please be patient (: 

I HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THIS FIC ;D 

I'll update some more today (: 

THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR SUBSCRIBING! MUCH APPRECIATED :D 

모두들 고마워요!