Chapter 8

Dance.

 

Woohyun fell asleep beside Jae Ni’s bed, and he was mumbling words during his sleep.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean it…” He mumbled as he furrowed his eyebrows. Jae Ni, had not heard any of this, as if she did; she would surely forgive him right away.

It had been a few days since Jae Ni had been in a near death situation, and she had finally gained consciousness. Opening her eyes, the sunlight brought an unfamiliar feeling to her eyes. As she did not open her eyes for the past few days, sunlight made her eyes sting. Moving her left hand slightly, she rubbed her eyes. As she tried to move her right hand, she felt a weight stopping her from doing so.

Bearing the pain, she lifted her hand, seeing that Woohyun was sleeping soundly at the side of her bed. The forgiving twinkle in her eyes disappeared as the feeling of hate grew once again. Looking at Woohyun, he shifted slightly, making Jae Ni flinch. His head rose up, as his eyes opened. Meeting eyes with the fully conscious Jae Ni, he stood up in fright. He ran outside to call the nurse, and returned quickly. The nurse attended to Jae Ni, asking many questions about her wellbeing, to which Jae Ni continued to nod and shake her head to. With a final nod, the nurse left the room, allowing Jae Ni to rest in peace.

As Woohyun walked closer to her, the glare from Jae Ni made him furrow his eyebrows. *Why is she glaring at me like that?*

Lifting her trembling hand, she pointed straight at him. “I…don’t…want… to… see… your face… ever.” She whispered, but loud enough for Woohyun to hear. Woohyun’s heart shattered, the one who he had wanted to help so badly was refusing his help right now.

Woohyun looked around, wanting to believe that it was not him she was pointing at. Seeing that no one was around, he jabbed his thumb at his chest as Jae Ni nodded slowly. Woohyun bit his lip in guilt as he shuffled backwards out of the room.

He stumbled outside, closing the door slowly as Jae Ni continued to stare expressionlessly at the door. As the door finally clicked shut, painful tears began to roll down her cheeks. *What is my reason to live?*

She looked around at the gloomy hospital room, crying louder at the lonely atmosphere. Woohyun’s heart ached at her sobs, and he hated the fact that he, Nam Woohyun, could do nothing to help her.

 

 

 

 

Or could he?

~~~

Haha you might've realised that the title no longer says "차프터", just because i'm too lazy to type it up everytime xD

thankyou everyone for reading <3 I hope you guys are enjoying it ^^

THANKYOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! MUCH APPRECIATED! 

Look out for another update soon ~