Chapter 24

Dance.

Jae Ni’s eyes fluttered open, and she felt a small weight on the side of her bed. The pain in her back was lesser than before, but it was still present, so she struggled to move her head.

After much effort, she finally got her head to face the weight. Lying with his head on the edge of the bed was Woohyun. Jae Ni smiled, brushing his bangs out of his face as she inspected his facial features. She had never really looked at him very closely, and now, she noticed how unbelievably handsome he was.

His lips were pink and thick, and his lashes cascaded down his face. His eyes suddenly fluttered open, and Jae Ni flinched, making her back hurt more.

Woohyun’s face brightened as he saw that Jae Ni was conscious.

“Jae Ni! Are you still hurting?” He asked, as he grabbed her hand. She nodded softly.

“My back is killing me.” He nodded as he went to get a nurse. Soon, a nurse arrived in the room, and she gave her some morphine. Jae Ni soon escaped back into her painless slumber.

Woohyun sat back down on the seat as the nurse left the room. He grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles. He smiled as he leant down to place a featherless kiss on the back of her hand. He could see Jae Ni’s facial features soften at the contact and he smiled to himself. *Please be okay Jae Ni.*

~~~

Woohyun continued to stay at the hospital all the time Jae Ni was there, disobeying the protests of the other boys, Jae Ni and the manager; he stayed and looked after Jae Ni. Jae Ni was fully conscious now, but the pain kept her from doing many of the things she wanted to do.

Behind the gratitude towards Woohyun for being there for her, she was also, beginning to fall for him. With every move, every word, every moment, she fell harder for him.

~~~

It was a few days after the surgery, and a doctor entered the room, with a folder with a few x-rays in it. Woohyun sat up immediately, shaking Jae Ni lightly until she woke up. She rubbed her eyes groggily, turning her head to the doctor with curious eyes.

The doctor walked up to the side of Jae Ni’s bed, resting his hand lightly on the railing as he asked if she was feeling any pain anywhere. Jae Ni shook her head, as the pain was bearable.

She continued to stare at the doctor as he made his way over to the light screen once again. He slipped a x-ray out of the folder, pressing it up against the light screen and pointing out where Jae Ni’s spine was injured. It was straighter than last time, and the news the doctor was about to give her, was a miracle. 

~~~

Sorry for the short chapter, another update will come soon ~

THANKYOU FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING! SARANGHAEYO! *gives infinite cookies* ENJOY ~ 

3 hours until 1 dtg (^) :D