Chapter 52

Dance.

“After a year, I came back, to take you to America with me. When I came back, I found out that your mum had a new husband, also known as your dad.” He said as he gestured over to Jae Ni.

 “Wait… so who IS my dad?” She asked slowly. Their dad exhaled deeply once again.

“I’m not your father.” He said quietly, as he lowered his head. Jae Ni’s eyes widened. “The man who left you and your mum, is your dad.”

She looked over at Jae Min, and noticed that his eyes were just as wide as her own. It was a lot to take in for both of them. Finding out that they were related, and that they had not known that for the years they had lived.

“I was with your dad for a good 6 years.” Their mum began slowly as she gestured over to Jae Ni. “But when I lost my job, and we were on the brink of being homeless… your dad…. Found another woman… and left the two of us for her…”

Jae Ni gasped loudly, she felt as if her heart had been ripped out of her chest. Not only was her dad not the caring person she believed he was, he had also had an affair with her another woman after 6 years of marriage.

“So… where is my dad now?” Jae Ni begun as her mum shrugged.

“Okay continuing… after 6 years, Jae Min was now 7, so after hearing that your father had left you. I came back, to the two of you.” Their dad continued as Jae Ni furrowed her eyebrows.

“But… why did you treat me so badly? And how come I never saw Jae Min?” Jae Ni asked.

“At first, I couldn’t believe that you were blood related to your father. I despised you, because I believed you would have the same personality as your father, but after a while, I realised that you were just a normal teenage girl. Without the fatherly figure you needed, you didn’t know how to protect yourself. So I believed that if I acted that way to you, you would one day be able to stand up for yourself.” Jae Ni nodded in understanding. *So he was only that way so he could protect me.*

“And with Jae Min, when I came back to Korea, I had to leave Jae Min behind. I hardly had any money at that moment, and if I had taken Jae Min along with me, he would’ve only suffered more. So I left him in the care of my parents back at America. That day when you were discharged, your mother and I returned to America. My dad had just fallen ill and no one was able to take care of Jae Min. Mostly because my mum would not be able to fend for both herself and Jae Min alone. So we went to America to get Jae Min back, and here we are now.”

Jae Ni and Jae Min were still wide eyed; they looked over at each other, then back at their parents, then back again.

“So… we’re related… because of our mum?” Jae Min said as he pointed between Jae Ni and himself. Both their parents nodded.

Just at that moment, the food arrived. For the rest of the night, they ate silently in thought. 

~~~

so he's not the bad guy after all, are you guys glad? (: 

jajjang, haha off to watch some news... -sigh- 

THANKYOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MY FIC! SARANGHAEYO! <3