Solitude, Desolation and Hope

- O B L I V I O N -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

~3 months later~

KRYSTAL’S POV:

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

It’s been three months but it feels like forever, I miss my Amber. I miss her so much that I could die I really wanted to give up but I can’t and I won’t “Soojung? You okay?” unnie ask as I was still working on the lab “It’s 1:00am already, let’s go to sleep now Soojung” she said with her worried tone. While I frustratingly continued my calculations and recordings, trying to decipher what is lacking from this cure that I’m developing. “Soojung, look at yourself please you haven’t slept for two days” her tone is starting to rise.

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

“Soojung!  Will you listen to me even once! Amber won’t be happy seeing you like this, do you think” she stopped when I started to cry she immediately wrapped me in her arms. I was sobbing so hard, I miss her unnie, why? We were able to do the oblivion successfully but why can’t we cure her? “Patience Soojung, I know it’s hard but just so you know we’re always here for you,” she said soothing my back.

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

Unnie dragged me to our bedroom; I was lying and staring blankly at the ceiling my body wants to give up from tiredness but my mind just won’t stop. I need you Am; please come back to me, there’s not a single day that I’ve regret that I haven’t been a good wife to you. But you were always there for me; never did I hear you complain about me and my work. You always understand me, you’re perfect for me Amber, I’m so sorry I couldn’t help you I’m hopeless Am. I cried my heart out until I fell asleep.

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

I woke up without unnie beside me, I looked at the window and saw how busy the base is today all the soldiers are gathered up, and I can see that Vic unnie is talking to them seriously. Yes, we’re living inside the base ever since we got here; outside those walls is still not a safe place to live in. In these two months they’ve spent all their time cleaning up the mess that was brought by those dark days, 85% percent of the population was wiped out, L.A, San Francisco and the neighbouring states, and countries the infection crossed Canada’s border however because of the oblivion we were able to halt the virus from spreading, our team worked together to produce the whole amount of cure that was needed, enough for everyone.

¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤  ¤

Funny how we were able t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter