Chapter 9

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV


“Soooo, how was the dinner date with Jackson?” BoA squealed into my ear on Monday morning.

“Boring,” I replied yawing.

Nate and Zelo had woke me up in the middle of the night yesterday after they both had a nightmare. I allowed them to sleep in my room and watched them drift into dreamland but by then I was wide awake and couldn’t go back to sleep.

“How did things go with… Jackson?” BoA asked hesitantly.

I paused for a moment and thought about it, he wasn’t terribly mean like he was to me at school in fact he had actually… helped me but then again our parents were there so…

“I don’t know…” I answered honestly.

“Are you guys on talking terms?” BoA asked with a hopeful spark in her eyes.

“Uh…” I lifted my head at Jackson’s direction; he was in the middle of the classroom talking with Got7. Bambam saw me and waved. I gave him a small smile.

“I don’t think we are?” I turned back to BoA.

“Oh…”

I frowned slightly, she looked… disappointed.

“Why?” I asked.

“N-nothing I was just curious…” BoA look flustered, “A-and also you looked like you were suffering yesterday when he ignored but you look better today s-so I was wondering if maybe…”

“Kwon BoA you’re lying!”

“I’m not!” she yelped not meeting my eyes, luckily for her, the bell ran and class began.

“This is not over,” I whispered into her ear as I took out my book.

We were studying Shakespeare in English and we just finished reading Act II of Romeo and Juliet.

“Okay class, before we move onto the next act, I would like to assign a project on the famous Balcony Scene in order for you guys to further more understand Shakespearean language,” the teacher spoke. Half the class groaned while the other half including me zoned out.

“C’mon now, this project will be fun I promise! You will be doing it in groups!”

The classroom suddenly became alive full of whispers and small talks. Everybody turned to their friends nodding their heads. BoA poked my arm with her elbow and I gave her a small smile.

“Uh-uh,” our teacher shook her head at us, “I’ll be picking the groups.”

And the whole class groaned depressingly.

Our teacher took out a clipboard and started pairing people up, “… Doojoon and Krystal, Minwoo and Victoria…”

She called a few other names but I really didn’t pay attention until BoA groaned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I’m with Youngjae…” she answered.

Youngjae… that name sounded familiar, “Isn’t he in Got7?”

“Yeah…” BoA rubbed her temples.

“Shouldn’t you be happy then? Are they supposed to be every girl’s dream or something like that?”

“It would be great… If only he wasn’t an English Blackhole…” BoA sighed.

I couldn’t help but laugh, “And you’re one too.”

BoA glared at me, “Just wait and see who you get.”

As if that was the cue, my name came up.

“And the last group will be a group of three: Allyson, Mark, and Jackson.”

All the girls in the class went crazy. BoA was beside me with hanging open.

“You’re so lucky!!!” BoA pouted enviously, “Mark was born in LA, and Jackson went to an American International School. Not to mention the fact that you’re just naturally good at English no scratch that you’re just good at school. Ughh you have the best group ever…” BoA whined.

Best group ever huh? I could almost feel Jackson’s icy glare down my back, and Mark… he had his earbuds plugged in not paying attention. Yeah it’s totally an awesome group…

“Okay now the project is to react the balcony scene while translating it into modern English,” the teacher spoke.

“Reac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter