Chapter 3

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV

I woke up in a room full of white curtains, drapes, bed sheets, and walls. There was a hard pounding inside my head and every time I moved my vision blurred a bit.

“Omigosh! You’re awake! Al! DO NOT DARE TO MOVE!” BoA exclaimed while holding up a glass of water; it looked like she was trying to threaten me with it.

“What happened?” I asked as BoA handed me the cup.

“I should ask you that. How in the world is anyone stupid enough to slam their own head against the desk?” she crossed her arms and looked at me demanding  for an answer.

“I slammed my head…” I thought hard about what happened.

First BoA and I were talking… we were talking about newbies, then the new student which was… Jackson.

“Ow!”

“Omigosh! Al are you okay? Sorry for yelling at you! Does your head still hurt? Ugh I’m so stupid I should’ve got the school nurse first, Wait here, I’ll go-…”

I grabbed BoA’s wrist, “No I’m fine. Sorry, it’s a headache.”

“Are you sure? It was a pretty loud bang!” BoA asked worriedly.

“Yes I’m fine now, I was sleepy earlier, my arm was too weak and my head just kind of slipped off my hand. It’s no biggie.” I assured her.

She was frowning at me still not convinced, so I got out of the bed and walk around, “See I’m fine!” I stated when really, every step I took made me see stars.

BoA however seemed convince.

I let out a breath. Thankfully I caught some acting skills from her… thanks BoA!

“Should I still get the nurse thought? She can write you a slip and send you home. You should just rest today Al,” BoA walked towards me.

I smiled, “It’s okay, it's just a little accident, I’ll be better after lunch. I kind of want some fresh air right now. Tell the nurse that I’m all good, and you should go back to class I’ll see you in the afternoon!” and before she could protest I was already out of the room.

Needing fresh air was fake but needing time to be alone and think was real. Even though BoA was my best friend for about 10 years I still had a habit of keeping… sensitive topics to myself and one thing I’ve never mentioned to BoA was my neighbour.

She had asked before when we’d go over to my house.

“Hey, who lives beside you? How come we never see anyone when I’m over?”

I’d always just shrug and change the subject. BoA, having a short attention span always gets distracted and drops the question.

Why don’t I like talking about my neighbour? Well it was simple the person living next to my house was the reason for my happiness as well as my pain.

He was the only person in the world who could make me cry… and twice too.

Once when we were 7 and the second time… was yesterday.

“NOONA HELP ME!!!”

A voice suddenly woke me up from my thoughts. I looked around and realised that I had wondered all the way to the back of the school were the dumpster was.

“Noona I’m here, look up!”

I heard banging on the dumpster and titled my head towards it.

A blonde head suddenly poked out over the edge of the dumpster making me scream and falling on my .

“I’m coming down noona catch me!” the little blonde head stood up.

“What…” my eyes doubled when I realised that he was going to jump, “Nonono wait- AGH!”

And once again my made contact with the ground. I groaned, the pounding inside my head came back but luckily the heavy weight on me cleared off.

“Thanks noona! You’re the best! Better than my evil hyungs and that naughty maknae who left me here…” he paused and gasped, “OMG NOONA DID I DO THAT? I’M SO SORRY!”

He pointed to my forehead and I frowned, “What…”

He took out his phone and showed me my reflection, I realised that there was a huge read bump on top of my right eyebrow. I brushed my finger against it lightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter