Chapter 45

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV

The night continued to drag on and the five of us just kept on talking, we talked until our eyelids became heavy like stones and we were unable to lift them up anymore.

So long story short, I was always missing for the past few weeks because of work. I worked three part time jobs before and after school. In the morning before school started I had a shift at the library, right after school I rushed off to the local retail store, at seven I would come home and make the kids dinner before heading out again to the bar and worked until late night.

Why was I doing all of this? Simple, I couldn’t let my twin down. Contradictory to what I had said to Kevin, I will always support him, I didn’t like it and I wanted him to know how selfish his decision was, when he first ran away I was hurt, I thought that I would never see him again. At one point I had almost fallen into depression because of him but it still didn’t stop me from helping him when he came to me. I can never turn him down.

The twins started rubbing their noses and sniffling a lot when Kevin was mentioned.  Mason was the most unset out of all of them, “Why didn’t Kevin Hyung come home? Umma and Appa wasn’t even around, doesn’t he miss us?”

Jackson’s reaction was the most painful one (literally), he had flicked me on the forehead hard and I mean really hard when he heard my reasoning, “Paboya! You’re always thinking for others and what they want, what about you? What about your dreams and desires? Just when are you finally going to start living for yourself?”

I had almost scoffed when I heard that. If only you know about all the things I do for you…

Somewhere in the middle of Jackson lecturing me I had fallen asleep and I swear this was probably the best I’ve rested in months… even if I did wake up in a super uncomfortable position with four boys scattered around me.

For some reason Mason was near the foot of the bed and fell asleep on my legs, Nate was using my right arm as a pillow and held on to my hand like a teddy bear, Zelo was flat out sprawled on top of me. The only person that wasn’t using part of my body as a cushion was Jackson; he lay on his side beside me and slept peacefully.

I glanced at the alarm clock beside Jackson’s bed.

2:30 pm

My eyes widened and two thoughts flashed through my mind, I slept through half of the day. And: I missed school… and work.

I sighed, and tried to rub my eye with my free hand, I had raised it halfway and it felt heavy, I tugged harder but my hand wouldn’t move, I turned my head towards my hand while hulling it out from under Jackson.

*Thump*

He was so heavy that my arm numbed to the point where I couldn't feel it. That's why I didn't notice it being squashed.

I didn’t realise that our fingers were interlaced and when I had pulled my arm out, his got pulled as well and it had pulled him closer towards me.

Our faces were now two inches apart and our noses bumped against each other. I jerked back at the closeness and felt my cheeks heat up. The only time I’ve ever been that close to Jackson was… last night, when I had kissed him. I pouted at that thought, Jackson hadn’t brought up the kiss at all, I wondered if he still remembered, what if he thought that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter