Chapter 43

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

-Earlier at the twin’s house-

Outside the room the branches on the old willow tree in their backyard whipped at the windows as the violent wind howled nonstop. The icicle like raindrops attacked the windows threatening it to shatter any moment.

Inside the room two small figures crowded together in the middle of the floor tightly holding a blanket over their heads.

“R-Robot Hyung,” Nate sniffed, “Make it stop.”

“I tried,” Zelo moved closer to his twin as another loud *crack* was heard, “But the they won’t listen to me.”

“Let’s go and find Noona!” Nate screamed as the wind howled louder.

The door to their room opened and both of the twins habitually yelled, “NOONA!”

“It’s me,” Mason had came in when he heard the twins scream from the room next door.

Nate automatically bursts out crying when he realised that it wasn’t his Noona.

“W-Where’s Noona?” Zelo found the courage to stand up and he wanted to go to his Noona’s room to find her only to be scooped up by Mason who settled down beside Nate, hugging one twin in each arm.

“Noona isn’t home yet,” Mason croak. In reality, he had put the twins in bed at 9 and went to bed at 9:30 however he was wide awake the entire time waiting for the front door to click.

But it never happened, not after one hour, two hours, three hours…

Noona always came home late nowadays, but the latest up until now was eleven. The time right now was12:30.

Mason himself was getting scared, he also hated storms, their entire family did except for Noona, he wanted to jump in bed and hide underneath the covers but he couldn’t do that. He had to stay strong for the twins, he was the oldest one in the house right now.

But the façade could only last so long, after sitting in silence for about another half an hour the storm got worse and thunder could be heard. The twins were crying uncontrollably now, even Mason’s cheeks were wet, and the worst part was that Noona still wasn't home.

The loudest thunder so far had roared making all three of them scream.

“Stop… STOP,” Nate placed his hands tightly over his ears, “MASON HYUNG DO SOMETHING!”

Mason was too shaken to talk and instead it was Zelo who had answered, “Let’s go to Jackson Hyung’s house.”

All of them went on a short crying hiatus.

“But wouldn’t he be sleeping right now?” Mason wondered, never letting go of his father's strict discipline of: don't disturb people when their busy... even in these kinds of situations.

Nate pouted, “Can we go? Please? Please?”

*CRACK*

It didn’t take Nate anymore begging before all three of them ran out of the house not caring that they were only wearing their pajamas.

When they got to Jackson’s front porch they were drenched but that didn’t stop Zelo from pressing on the doorbell like a mad man kid. After what seemed like a million years the door finally opened and Jackson’s jaw detached right away.

He looked the kids up and down, bare feet, soaked pajamas, tear smeared faces, not to mention that all of them were trembling violently.

“H-Hyung,” Zelo spoke as he shivered, “C-Can we g-go in?”

It didn’t need any more explanations before Jackson quickly ushered all of them inside. He didn’t even bother to ask a single question because he was too busy grabbing towels and drying them off.

“Mason, take off your shirt, you can’t wear a wet shirt.”

“Come here,” he beckoned the twins over and dried their hair in super speed before running into his room to get dry clothes.

“Zelo put this on.”

“Mason here are the socks.”

“Do you guys want hot chocolate? Or just warm water?”

“Jackson Hyung,” Mason cut off the older one as he rambled through the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” Jackson quickly came back out and felt the kids foreheads to make sure that they weren’t sick.

“Aren’t you curious why we’re here?” Mason asked.

“Yes,” Jackson ran back into the kitchen to turn off the stove, “But you have to get warm first.” He spoke as he concentrated on making hot chocolate.

Within no time, he brought three mugs into the living room where the Woo brothers were all cuddled on the sofa.

“Here,” he handed each one of them a mug and urged them to drink it as he hovered over them checking again that they weren’t burning a fever.

As soon as the cup came within tasting range Nate suddenly started crying again, scaring Jackson.

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling sick? Did you burn your tongue? Dang, I should’ve tried it before giving it to you guys I’m sorry,” Jackson lifted Nate onto his lap and hugged the younger one apologetically.

Nate just kept on shaking his and the only word he could say was, “Noona.”

“Noona made us hot chocolate whenever there was a thunderstorm,” Zelo spoke unsteadily.

“Noona?” now that Jackson was sure that the kids were okay it had finally struck him, “Where is your Noona?”

“We don’t know,” Mason set his empty mug down and took a deep breath, “Noona went out after she fed us dinner and still haven’t came back.”

“What?” Jackson’s voice was barely above a whisper as he heart started to race like crazy.

“When we wake up in the morning breakfast is on the table but Noona is never there. She would come back at dinner ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter