Chapter 37

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV 


“Remember how when we were little we both wanted to go camping so badly?”

“Hum…”

“But our parents never let us because they said that we will light the tent on fire?”

“Yeah…”

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Uh huh…”

“Ally I love you!”

“Uh…”

“ALLYSON WOO!”

“Hey give me my phone back!”

“Huh, so now you’re listening,” Jackson threw Ally’s phone in the air and then caught it. “Who were you talking to?” he asked while trying to figure out her password.

“Someone,” Ally kept on strangling Jackson for her phone.

“Who’s more important than me huh? Oops!” Jackson handed Ally her phone back.

“DISABLED FOR A DAY?!” Ally groaned, “JACKSON WANG I HATE YOU!”

Jackson smiled, satisfied with his work, “Now you can listen to me!!!” he danced around Allyson like a dork.

“Now I will never get to see Mark wearing Snow White’s dress!” Ally pouted.

“Mark was wearing a dress?” Jackson stopped in the middle of his dance.

“Yeah in grade 7, for a play, he had on makeup and everything!” Ally giggled, it was hard to imagine the cold blooded Mark in a Princess costume.

“What’s so amusing about that? You saw me dressed up as Juliet a few weeks ago!” Jackson shivered at that memory.

“Yeah but this is MARK!” Ally wacked Jackson on the head, “Now I have to wait a whole day before seeing that picture… I was going to use it to blackmail him later…”

“Wait all this time… you were talking to Mark?” the realisation had just occurred to Jackson and it irked him so much.

“Uh huh,” Ally fixed the backpack strap on her shoulder, “At first he kept on nagging and wanted me to ditch school so that I can visit him. Then he just started telling me random stories from his childhood.”

 Jackson smirked and murmured, “Because Mark loves sharing his life stories…” but then smiled again when he remembered what he had wanted to ask Ally earlier, “So for the school’s retreat do you want to…”

“Ka-Yee!”

We’re at school already? Just two seconds ago I was still in front of Ally’s house! Jackson thought flustered.

“Yah! Ka-Yee why aren’t you talking?” Minzy came and instantly linked her arm through Jackson’s before turning to Allyson, “Hi Ally!”

“Hey…” Ally shifted uncomfortably. Right now would be the perfect time for Bambam or Got7 to appear, she thought since they always came at the most random times.

“So Ka-Yee, let’s be partners for the School Retreat!” Minzy beamed.

The school’s two days one night retreat was an annual tradition; you would get into pairs and try to build the best campfire or be the fastest to pitch the tent; the winners were exempt from doing any sort of chores (dishes, cooking, cleaning) for the next few days.

“Um…” and for the first time ever, Jackson removed his arm from Minzy’s grip, he actually found her skin ship uncomfortable, “I was just going to ask-…”

“Noona!” Yugyeom came running towards them, “Mark Hyung told me to deliver you a message!” he handed Allyson a slip of paper.

Ally looked at it skeptically wondering if she should open it or not.

“Read it Noona!” Yugyeom smiled and hopped from foot to foot excitedly, “I already read it and it is good news!”

Allyson laughed, “I don’t think Mark would like that.”

Yugyeom’s smile didn’t dull one bit, “It doesn’t matter Noona! We Got7 don’t have secrets. Now read it before JB Hyun-…”

“Attention students, as you all know, the annual School Retreat is coming up in two weeks! Like every year grab your buddy and sign up for a duty free pass! And lastly a message from Mark: Anybody who had plans on partnering up with Allyson DIMISH THEM OR ELSE… And that’s the end of your announcements, have a nice day!”

By the end, Allyson’s face had turned into a shade equivalent to a tomato, “Was. That. Necessary?”

Yugyeom bit his lip and silently tried to take the piece of paper from Ally but she had unfolded it:

You’re my partner for the retreat. I’ve already posted it on SNS NO BACKING OUT!

She rolled her eyes and scrunched the paper, lately, Mark had just been so… clingy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter