Chapter 17

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Allyson POV

“Don’t you know that it’s unsafe to walk with your ears plugged?” an annoying voice from beside me spoke as he unplugged one of my ear buds.

“Go away Jackson,” I shoved him away, not wanting to explain to another person about what happened this morning.

“Sorry but in case if you didn’t know we live beside each other which means we walk in the same direction. I can’t go anywhere,” Jackson shrugged and continued to be in pace with me.
 
“Wow and I thought you’d rather take the long route and climb a mountain than to walk with me,” I spoke sarcastically.

Jackson frowned unable to hide his hurt expression, “Why would you think that?”

I squinted at him from behind my frames this guy had some serious issues.

“You’ve been avoiding me ever since you came back!”

“Oh,” Jackson stared at the ground, “About that… I’ll stop and I’m sorry.”

I stopped on my tracks and paced a hand on Jackson’s forehead.

“Nope, no fever but are you sure that you’re okay?” I looked him over, from head to toe trying to figure out what went wrong.

“Yah! I’m trying to reflect on my bad behavior and apologise and you taunt me?” Jackson asked annoyed. He knew that he had a huge ego and it took so much from him to lower his pride and admit his mistakes even if he knew that he was in the wrong, it was still hard.

“Uh…” I was speechless, “Apology accepted after you explain what’s wrong with you and why you’re deciding to talk to me now?” I really wanted these some answers, just exactly what the heck happened to Ka-Yee in Hong Kong?

“Ughh,” Jackson groaned in frustration, he knew that she was going to ask that question and he was too embarrassed to say the truth. Now that he had quite a while to think about everything that had happened he realised how stupid he was to listen to what Peniel  had said.

It’s been nine years, if Allyson liked him he would’ve noticed.

“I-I-I thought that youlovedmeandIdidn’twanttobreakyourheart,” his words came out in a jumble but I was still able to catch it.

Unable to help it I burst into laughter in the middle of the sidewalk.

“Wh-y.”

“How?”

“Pabo!”

Jackson scowled, “Hey, stop laughing, it’s embarrassing!” he looked around to make sure that nobody was listening to their conversation and then head locked Allyson while clamping a hand over .

“Okay, Okay, I’m sorry, I’ll stop,” I was still giggling, “I just can’t believe… wow.”

“Yeah, yeah I know… stupid…” he sighed, “I’m sorry. But if it makes you feel better, I felt horrible every time I said something mean to you.”

I stuck out my tongue at him, “You better have.”

“So apology accepted?” Jackson smiled like a dork.

I rolled my eyes, he hasn’t changed at all, I realised, “Yeah accepted… and just to make things clear… I NEVER LIKED YOU IN THAT WAY, AND I NEVER WILL.”

“Yeah clearly, since you have a boyfriend already,” Jackson winked at me and I gagged.

“HOW COME NOBODY BELIEVES ME WHEN I SAY THAT I’M NOT DATING MARK!” I pulled on my hair out of frustration.

“Uh, because you’re totally out of his league therefore nobody believes you,” Jackson stated bluntly.

“Are you going back on your words already?!” Didn’t this guy just apologise a few seconds ago?

“The truth hurts,” Jackson shrugged, “But then why did you give him your earring? Didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter