Chapter 58

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV

-1 week later-

“Al…” BoA begged, “Get some rest please… you haven’t slept for four nights straight already.”

“And the last time you slept was after three nights of staying up, and that was only because we drugged you,” Jr. pointed out.

I shook my head there was no way I could sleep knowing that Jackson was unconscious, in a coma. The doctor said that his body had shut down due to the large amount of blood loss. They did transfusions after transfusions but  Jackson was still unconscious.

I couldn’t sleep, every time I closed my eyes the bloody image of Jackson would flood into my mind and haunt me.

~Flashback~

“JACKSON!”

I screamed while running back into the forest. Luckily for me, Lydia, happened to also be awake and wondering around aimlessly. She recognised be but had no idea what I was doing, still the screaming told her something wasn’t right. Knowing only Mark, she barged into his tent and told him I had ran into the forest. After hearing my name, Mark fling his tent door wide open and ran out.

“Jackson, WHY?” I cried with hot tears on my cheeks, branches, and twigs slapped me in the face but it didn’t affect my speed one bit.

“Jackson!” I got to the place where we were last together and slowed down.

“Jackson, can you hear me?” I called, “Answer Jackson! Where are you…”

A weak cough came from one side and I ran over, sure enough Jackson was lying on the ground.

“I thought I told you to run,” Jackson coughed out.

I kneeled down beside him and cuddled his head in my chest, “Y-You said we, w-why did you n-not follow me?” my tears became sobs.

“Yah, don’t cry,” Jackson’s cold fingers touched my cheeks, “See I’m perfectly fine.”

It was dark so I couldn’t see clearly but I knew that him lying on the forest ground, was not fine.

“C-Can you just stop?” I sniffed, “Tell me when you’re hurt and stop bluffing.”

There was a slow vibration and I could have guessed that he was chuckling. Something wet suddenly dripped on my finger and I held it up to the moonlight, it was dark.

“Jackson you’re bleeding!” I started to panic.

“I stabbed the bear in the eye,” Jackson tried to calm me down, “It’s not my blood.”

I didn’t believe him, there was blood, too much blood for it to be squirted out from a bear’s eye.

“I stabbed the bear with my mini sword,” Jackson insisted, “Check my pockets if you don’t believe me. My sword is gone now...” even in this state, disappointment could be heard in his voice.

“Jackson,” maybe he did stab the bear, but he was definitely injured in the process, “I’ll bring you back, we need to get a check up on you.”

Jackson winced at the idea, “You go first, quickly, before the bear comes back.”

“Y-You can’t walk can you,” that would explain why he was unmoving, on the ground, “What did the bear do to you?!”

“Just go,” it became harder for Jackson to talk and stay awake, “To… safe…”

“No,” I held him close, “I’m not going anywhere, you promised me, you promised that you’ll protect me, you and your huge sword. You said that you’ll kill all the bad guys that dared to hurt me. You have to keep your promise!”

“Of course I will,” the smile on Jackson’s lips were faint, “But…” his words became slurred, “You… need… to stay safe… first…”

“Jackson,” I patted his cheeks lightly, “Yah Jackson! Don’t give in on me! You can’t die okay? You can’t go to sleep, you have to keep talking! Jackson! Say something! You never stop talking.”

Jackson mustered the last of his strength, “I… I love you Ally.”

~End of Flashback~

And then his eyes rolled back and lost consciousness. Not long after, Mark found us along with the rescue crew. BoA had bawled her eyes out when she found out what had happened. She blamed herself so much for sneaking out and not being in the tent like she should’ve been. Then, she would’ve noticed my disappearance a long time ago.

But to me, none of that mattered.

Jackson had said he loved me.

I never got to say it back.

I love you… just three words, three words that mean the world to me. If Jackson never wakes up, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, for never saying those three words to him. To being too scared to confess my feelings to him. I realise it now and it’s all too late.

“Noona,” I felt a poke on my lower arm.

Zelo looked up towards me, “Noona, Nate and I made a sandwich for you, if you don’t want to sleep, you should still eat Noona!”

“The twins and Mase were over stressed when they heard that you weren’t doing anything,” JB explained, “The twins demanded us to take them to the supermarket to buy fresh vegetable an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter