Chapter 38

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV


I stood there outside the door having trouble closing my mouth. I rubbed by eyes a few times and thought maybe I was seeing things and that the shirtless, well toned body, attractive bed hair, Mark, with a blue popsicle in his mouth was a just an illusion.

My phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket making me jump back but my glaze was still fixed on the door and I didn’t bother to check my phone.

Probably BoA wondering where I am, I thought.

I took another step back from the door after realising that I had been standing in front of it looking up like an idiot.

I should just leave…

Why did I come anyways.

And I must’ve been hallucinating, after all who is crazy enough not wear a shirt and eat a popsicle in the middle of winter… would Mark even eat blue raspberry flavoured popsicles?

I was just about to leave when the door swung open again, this time, Mark shyly poked his head out from the side with no popsicle and asked, “Do you want to come in?”

 

 

 

 

Mark POV

I panicked when I saw Ally, that’s why I slammed the door. I slammed the door and ran into my room to find a shirt. As I pulled the sweater on I coughed down the last of that popsicle, gosh I couldn’t believe that she had to see me like that, it would’ve totally been cool without that popsicle…

Man that popsicle ruined everything…

I vowed to never eat popsicles anymore, especially blue ones.

As fast as I could, grabbed some the clothes from the floor and threw them under my bed while I kicking all the guy’s shoes into the closet, away from the doorway.

We should really clean this place up more often…

Finally I was at the door and I cracked it open before peeking out hoping that Ally was still there and thankfully, my luck wasn’t that bad.

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

Mark opened the door wider and stepped aside to let Allyson in, as she came in she tried to avoid eye contact with him but it was just impossible to not stare and admire his bed hair. She had to force her eyes to focus on something else.

“Uh… nice place you guys have here…” Ally spoke awkwardly as she removed her shoes.

Mark frowned and wondered if she had amnesia, “What do you mean? You were here two days ago...”

Allyson mentally face palmed herself for her fail of course; she had even spent a night here, “Yeah… I guess it just feels different without Jackson…” she chuckled dryly before looking at Mark, “So how are you feeling?”

“I’m…” but Mark’s stomach beat him to it and growled loudly, Mark his tummy in embarrassed.

Ally laughed and went to the kitchen, “It’s good that you’re hungry, having an appetite means that you’re getting better.”

Mark just trailed behind Ally wordlessly as she explored the fridge and cabinets trying to find some food.

“Wow,” Ally spoke after her little tour, “No wonder you were eating a popsicle.”

Mark inwardly groaned at that memory, Stupid popsicle…

“What do you want to eat? I saw a corner store nearby, I can buy some ingredients and cook something,” Ally asked making her way back to the door.

Mark’s eyes suddenly sparkled at Ally’s offer and only then realised that she had skipped school for him, “So you did miss me!” Mark attacked her with a hug making her stumble into the door. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter