Chapter 57

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV

I was supposed to walk around to get my mind off Jackson, but just ended up with my mind preoccupied by thoughts of Jackson.

How could he be so naïve? I just didn’t get it. I didn’t let him touch the water earlier because I cared, I didn’t want his injury to get worse, it was as simple as that. Even four years old Zelo and Nate would’ve understood but why couldn't a 16 almost 17 year old Jackson understand?

“I hate that pabo,” I muttered and kicked a pebble on the ground.

The night had darkened, I was assigned to a tent with BoA but BoA was probably somewhere with Youngjae and I didn’t want to stay in the tent alone, it would only remind me again of why I was alone; because of Jackson.

I stopped in front of Jackson’s tent, we had more than enough tents so Jackson got one to himself. Hesitating, I lifted the door slightly and realised that the tent was empty.

Jackson… he should’ve been here. I walked the entire camping grounds and haven’t seen Jackson. Unless he was hiding in the one stall portable potty for the entire hour, which by then would’ve probably died from the stink, the only other place he could be was his tent.

But he wasn’t here.

Jackson left the camping ground, a red light, like a siren started ringing inside of me.

I looked around, on side of the camp grounds was an open patch of dried land, the teachers all parked their cars there. On the other side was the forest.

No… no, no, no, I thought, Jackson couldn’t have gone in there, he just can’t! He was the one going on and on about avoiding bushes in case of bears, but then again, an angry Jackson doesn’t think.

Slowly, my foot moved, one in front of the other, they didn’t stop until I found myself directly in front of the entrance, the entrance to the forest. It reminded me of the forest from beauty and the beast. I bit my lips and looked up, the old hollow trees stared back at me uninvited.

Every single cell in my body was telling me to turn back, return to the tent and sleep. But I would never fall asleep without knowing where Jackson was… that he was safe and not doing something stupid.

With that single thought in my mind, I took another step. The moonlight was the only thing illuminating the rigid path for me. After walking for no idea how long, the moon started to fade, the branches became thicker, denser, completely blocking out any room for light to leak through. By then I was already deep inside the forest, and I couldn’t move.

Ever since the incident at the bar, I guess you could say that I kind of developed a phobia to being outside alone in the middle of the night.

Something flew directly above my head making me screech and crouch down in fear. After I got down, I couldn’t get up anymore. My legs were frozen.

“J-Jackson…” I called weakly. Now would be the perfect time to show up…

But I knew I was being stupid, I didn’t even have proof that Jackson was in here, it was just instinct. Maybe he’s already back in his tent sleeping soundly.

While I’m stranded, lost, in the middle of a dark forest.

Beside me, somewhere near, the bushes ruffled and maybe it was my ears playing tricks on me but I could’ve sworn I heard a low grumble. Not long afterwards I head snapping of twigs, the sound was repetitive and was coming closer and closer to me.

“JACKSON!” I screamed out my lungs this time, no caring that nobody could hear me, “Jackson, idiot, pabo…”

“Ally? What the heck are you doing here?!”

I looked up and saw Jackson and I know it was kind of an exaggeration but to me, there seemed to be a circle of white light surrounding Jackson. The only thing illuminating this forest.

“Jackson!” I sprung up and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, “Thank god… it’s really you,” I could feel tears in the corners of my eyes, the sense of relief it was beyond words power to be described.

Finally for once, he had found me, maybe in the past over and over again, he was always missing, messing up, never there, but he was here now and that was all it mattered.

Jackson just stood limply with your arms around him, even though the sight of you here drew millions of question marks in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter