Chapter 23

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Allyson POV

“Noona!”

“Noona?”

“NOONA!”

“Huh? What?” I turned my head towards the source of the sound.

“What are you doing Noona?” Nate asked sweetly as he tried to climb onto my lap.

“Homework,” I tilted my head to the math textbook as I lifted Nate up.

“Me too Noona!” Zelo stretched out his arms waiting for me to lift him up.

“No hyung there’s no more room!” Nate insisted making Zelo pout, “But Noona…” he whined cutely and of course I had to bring Zelo up too.

Zelo squealed in joy but then was distracted by the items on my desk.

“Noona you draw pictures in math class?” he asked totally confused.

“Hum? No why?” I leaned over to see what Zelo was looking at and I became dumbfounded.  

“But you drew a picture of a girl with a knife in her head,” Zelo held it up, “Are you trying to calculate how much blood she will lose in a minute?”

“Ooh!” Nate hopped off my chair and went to study the sketch with Zelo, “Whoaaa!!! That’s really good Noona! My preschool teacher always says to draw a picture if you’re stuck on a math question. Hey robot hyung do you think the blood is enough to fill a bathtub?”

“Um… wait let me do my robot calculations,” Zelo closed his eyes shut and poked a finger at either side of his head trying to concentrate.

Meanwhile I stared at the picture in awe because… well there were a list of reasons:

#1 I wasn’t that good of an artist

#2 I don’t even remember drawing that

#3 the girl in the picture looks suspiciously like… Minzy.

“Uh…” I coughed when I realised the last part and wondered if I was going crazy, “Don’t bother me I have to finish my math homework!”

I pulled Zelo’s finger away from his head scared that he was poke a hole through it.

“Aww Noona but I want to know if she’ll have enough blood too-…” Nate complained but I cut him off.

“It’s not blood, its strawberry jam on a cake,” I lied.

“Cake?!” Zelo screamed in amazement, “Who could want to eat that cake?”  

“Uh… it’s for Halloween,” I shrugged while trying to shoo the twins out again.

“But Noona Halloween was last month, it already passed,” Nate stated.

“Late Halloween,” I reason, “I’ll take you guys out for hot chocolate on the weekends okay? Don’t bother me when I am studying unless you want Noona to fail her test?”

“Okay…” the twins chorused together sadly. I ruffled their hair once before they left.

After they had left I tore out that page in my Math Textbook and chucked it in the garbage.

What was wrong with me? I thought, Why did I even draw that picture? I’m not homicidal am I?  

I couldn’t focus on anything so I gave up on studying and just laid in my bed while staring at the ceiling trying to figure things out but it didn’t even last a minute because my phone buzzed.

I checked the message and unconsciously a smile slipped onto my face.

Jackson: Help please!



Me: Hum… let me think about it

Jackson: How do you this question? You’re the best. Thanks XP

*Pic of the math question*

I stared at the question for a few seconds before grabbing a sheet of paper and a pencil.

Jackson: You’ll help right? Right? Right?

Jackson: I know that deep, deep, deep, deep x200 down inside you’re a really nice person!

Jackson: Yah! You still there?

Jackson: Don’t ignore me ALLYSON WOO, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

Me: YOU TRY DOING A QUESTION WITH YOUR PHONE BEEPING EVERY TWO SECONDS!!!

Jackson: Ooooooh… Thanks! I’ll keep quiet.

I shook my head at his last message and returned to my math problem. It wasn’t extremely hard, it was just really time consuming and demands you to be really detail oriented so that you don’t screw up on small mistakes and get the whole question wrong.

Ringgg.

I threw my pencil on the bed knowing that it was impossible for Jackson to be quiet.

“Are you done?” his voice come from the other end.

“You are actually doing the question right?”

“And not leaving me hanging since I can’t tell if you’re lying or not over the text?”

“Hello? Did I call the right person?”

“Oh now you ask. Yes this is the Woo house hold and you’re currently talking to Allyson,” I spoke sarcastically but I still couldn’t help and smile.

“Good,” Jackson paused and I could hear shuffling on the other end, “I did the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter