Chapter 12

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV


“Umma! I’m going out for a jog!” I yelled from the front door as I headed out.

“Noona! Let me come with you!” Nate rushed out of his room with Zelo right on his heels. Nate actually hated exercising but he wanted to spend time with his Noona since she’s been really busy lately.

“We want to exercise too Noona!” Zelo smiled sweetly. “Otherwise my arms and legs will squeak and go clank-clank every time I move.”

I looked to make sure Umma hasn’t heard them and then quietly hushed them back into their rooms.

“I’m going to tell you a secret so you can’t tell Umma okay? Otherwise she and Appa will yell at me,” I explained.

“What’s wrong Noona? Did you get into trouble?” Nate asked with big round eyes.

I took out the box that contained my earrings, “I lost one of them on the day we went to eat with the Wangs. I’m going back to the restaurant right now to find it but I can’t let Umma know that.”

“We understand Noona!” Zelo held out his pinky, “We promise that we’ll cover for you.”

“Me too! Noona you can trust us!” Nate assured me.

I gave them both a kiss on the cheeks, thankful that I had such sweet brothers.

“I’ll see you guys later then.”

“Bye Noona!” they waved and I smiled.

I snuck out the door and a surge of cold wind hit me on the face making me shiver.

Pabo ah, I should’ve brought a jacket… oh well too late now.

The restaurant wasn’t too far I was debating on whether to run there or hail a cab when someone called me.

“Hey where are you going?”

I turned around and Jackson was walking towards me with a basketball under his arm. 

We’re on talking terms now? I thought inside my head.

I hadn’t seen Jackson today after the presentation, I wasn’t really sure where we were at, he had been friendly earlier but that was only because he was happy about his A+ and Jackson acts… different when he’s excited.

“Yah!”

I heard him yell before feeling a sharp pain in my head… again.

“YAH!” I yelled as the basketball bounced off my head, “What was that for?! It was just healing but you just had to hit me with a basket ball? Wow you really do hate me.”

Jackson ran up to me and winced, “I’m sorry, I didn’t so it on purpose. I thought you’d catch it!” He bent to my height and checked out the bruise, his eyes turned bigger.

I sighed, “How bad is it?”

“Uh… do you still remember how it looked a few days ago?” he asked hesitantly.

“Yeah…” I replied warily.

“Times that by two,” Jackson stated.

I almost punched him in the face but I remembered what I came out here to do so I decided to let him off easy this time. I turned around ready to leave but Jackson stopped me.

“Hey, where are you going? You need ice on that thing!” Jackson grabbed my hand dragging me back.

“I have an urgent…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter