Chapter 46

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

After the coast was clear, Jackson sat up and enjoyed a long stretched. He felt a goofy smile crawl up his face and couldn’t seem to get rid of it. The entire time Ally had thought he was asleep, he was actually awake. He woke up way before her and did the exact thing she had just done, he only turned away becuase she started stirring and he didn't want to be called a freak for staring. However Jackson’s smile slowly turned into a frown and soon, he found himself pouting hard while trying to think.

Ally… no correct that, Kevin needs money… so Ally is overworking herself…

“When she doesn’t need to be,” Jackson muttered as he grabbed his laptop and popped it open on his knee. For the next half an hour, Jackson worked diligently on the screen with his eyebrows scrunched together. He was so concentrated that he didn’t even notice the other breathing souls on his bed.

“E tell land eye show?” Nate squinted as he tried to read the tiny font from Jackson’s shoulder, startling the older one so much that he had almost dropped his computer.

“Estee Lauder eye shadow,” Mason read for his brother. Nate looked up at Mason, “Hyung what’s that?”

“It’s…” Mason looked at Jackson sideways, “girl stuff.”

“Then why is Jackson Hyung looking at it?” Nate blinked his big eyes twice, “He’s a boy right?”

“Um… I’m not sure?” Mason joked but Nate actually believed him and ran out of the room screaming, “NOONA! JACKSON HYUNG IS A NOONA!”

Jackson sat on his bed stunned at what happened as Mason clutched his side while doubling over with laughter, “I-I can’t… believe N-Nate actually… fell for t-that,” he choked out in between laughs.

“Y-Y-You,” Jackson just stared at Mason still unable to process the sad reality, “Aish!” Jackson fixed his hair in his cap before running out the door after Nate, yelling, “Don’t listen to MASON!”

“Jackson what did you do this time?” Allyson’s voice flowed from the kitchen where Nate’s rambling could be heard, “Noona! Robot Hyung! Mason hyung told me that-…”

“Mason was lying,” Jackson scooped Nate up and covered his mouth making the younger one squeal in protest, “Let me gooooo,” Nate jumped out of Jackson’s lap and pointed at the older one in accusation, “But you’re looking at girl eye stuff.”

“I’m a boy,” Jackson had never felt so desperate in his life before, “Do you want to check?!”

“Jackson what are you doing?!” Allyson came and saw him in the middle of lifting his shirt up in front of Nate. The younger immediately ran to his older sister. Jackson grinned cheekily as he let his shirt down and smiled at Ally innocently, “I like what you're wearing!”

Allyson frowned, “What do you mean the hoodie is yours.”

“Exactly,” Jackson winked making Allyson blush on the spot, “Y-Yah,” she pretended to launch her spatula at him, “What’s wrong with you today,” she mumbled and returned back to the kitchen, “Food is ready!”

Jackson laughed after seeing her reaction, so I have this kind of an effect on you huh? He went to the table and sat beside Zelo who warmly welcomed him. Nate on the other hand… was still hesitant.

“Noona what are we having?” Mason asked as he came out of Jackson’s room totally ignoring the older one’s dagger like glares.

“Nachos, cheese scones, grilled chicken and cheddar wraps, make your pick,” Allyson replied as she placed all the food down on the table.

“What about cheese ramen?” Zelo asked, his obsession had grown after Jackson introduced the heavenly dish to him.

“You’ve been eating ramen for the whole week, it’s not healthy,” Ally explained patiently, “And plus, don’t you like Noona’s cooking?”

“I do!” Nate smiled with cheese sauce all over his mouth.

Zelo didn’t answer but instead made an attempt to shove an entire wrap into his mouth leading him to a coughing hazard, in the end Jackson had to cut the wrap into pieces for the robot.

“Noona,” Mason started cautiously, “Are you going to go back to the bar?”

Allyson smiled and shook her head, “Don’t worry, Noona won’t leave you guys at home that late again, I’ll find a different job.”

“No you wont,” Jackson cut in, “And you’ll quit all of your other jobs too.”

“You don’t control me,” Allyson retorted and crossed her arms.

“I’m not trying to,” Jackson quickly got up and ran to his room. Allyson’s eyes followed him and just stared in confusion.

“I’m trying to help,” Jackson came back out with his laptop, “if you listen to me, you’ll be a billionaire in no time.”

The group huddled around Jackson waiting for his computer screen to light up.

“Oh Robot Hyung look! The eye thing Jackson Hyung wants,” Nate pointed after the image loaded. Mason cupped a hand over his mouth to hide his giggles.

“Yes Nate the eye shadow,” Jackson explained to the younger one, “but it is your Noona’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter