Chapter 13

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allyson POV


It was pitch black by now and I still wasn't home. I ran down the streets as I realised that I had made a wrong turn somewhere on the route I took and now I was completely lost.

It was really stupid to come out alone… I should’ve dragged BoA, she’s good with directions…

I took out my phone and my finger hovered over the home button wondering who I should call.

I only had three numbers in total.

BoA’s but she’s at the hair salon right now.

Home, I don’t want to die just yet.

And Jackson’s home phone, assuming that they still had the same number from ten years ago.

In the end I just ended up turning on the flashlight and shone it around aimlessly.

“Are you trying to send out a flare signal or something?” a bored voice from behind me asked making me jump.

“Mark!” I was actually happy to see him for once.

“What? Did you finally fall in love with me? If you’re turning into one of my fangirls then I’m leaving right now,” he stated flatly.

“NO! Ew, in your dreams maybe,” I wrinkled my nose, “Anyways, where are we?” I asked.

Mark shrugged and I sighed. Like he will help... he’s just a mute version of Jerky Jackson.

I started backtracking, hoping to find my way back to the restaurant at least. Mark trailed behind me like a ghost and I faintly wondered if he was also lost.

Impossible, he’s just messing with me… I kept walking until I came by a familiar looking path.

“Yes!” I cheered and started running but a hand grabbed my waist and then pulled my whole body back, making the both of us fall onto the grass. Not two seconds afterwards a speeding black car with its headlights turned off zoomed right past us.

“Are you stupid?!” Mark groaned as he rubbed his back, “Or are you just suicidal?”

“I’m s-sorry…” I got up and dusted myself off. I noticed that Mark was slouching, “Are you hurt?” I asked, he had cushioned my fall while the hard ground had cushioned his.

Mark stood up straight, “I’m fine,” he spoke through clenched teeth. He had actually landed on a rock but he didn’t want you to know.

“T-Thank you…” I spoke while looking down, “Y-you just saved my life…”

“I didn’t want Jackson’s hoodie to be stained with blood,” Mark shoved his hands in his pockets.

Meanie! I thought, but since he did just save me, I kept quiet. 

“You can stop following me. I’ve found my way now,” I pointed to the road sign.

“Who says I was following you?” Mark retorted and I snorted.

“Whatever, help yourself,” I said and started walking. Mark ‘followed’.

We walked in silence when we my street I started quickening my pace only to remember that Mark was still behind me.

“Why are you still here?!” I asked exasperatedly, did he want to stalk me home or something?

“You said to help myself…” Mark leaned against a tree but then quickly straightened remembering the injury on his back.

“And you seriously don’t hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter