Chapter 24

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Narrator POV

~Flashback~

Class had ended for the day and Got7 decided to crash at their favourite café.

“Jackson Hyung how did you and Minzy know each other?” Bambam asked curiously.

“We went to the same school in Hong Kong,” Jackson explained.

“Ohhh so that’s where she disappeared off to…” Yugyeom had heard a variety of rumours as to what happened to Minzy. It went from her being eaten by a bear to finally getting suspended.

“She’s not that bad you know…” Jackson started but was cut off by Jr. “As your respected Umma I forbid you to hangout with Minzy!”

“Aw wae?” Jackson pouted even though he had expected this.

“Because we promised! No more girls at lunch!” Jr. insisted.

Jackson’s face lit up, “Does that mean I can bring her over afterschool?”

Jr. face palmed and JB sighed, “Jackson-ah, why are you so… found of Minzy?”

“She’s…” Jackson tried to find the right word but just choked on silence.

“Pretty?” Yugyeom suggested helpfully, even if he didn’t really like Minzy she was stunning.

“Psh… Maknae you’re so shallow,” Bambam criticised and then turned to Jackson, “Is it because of the cha-ching cha-ching right?” he rubbed his fingers together as if he was counting money.

Yugyeom rolled his eyes muttered, “And you call me shallow…” while Youngjae tried to hide in his laughter.

“Anyways, she just stood out for me okay?” Jackson spoke, “I like her as a friend and my life will become a lot easier if you guys would accept that instead of making me juggle everything like a monkey on an unicycle.”

“It’ll be fun to watch,” Jr. wiggled his eyebrows.

Jackson groaned and turned to Mark, “You’ll help me right?” Over the short period of time he had grown the closest to Mark since they both grew up in an English speaking environment they had a lot in common.

“Sorry what?” Mark unplugged both of his earbuds and Jackson face palmed, “Don’t tell me that you didn’t hear any of that…”

“I… heard it?” Mark lied and the others laughed at his blank face.

“Do you like Minzy?” Jackson asked, “Like not crush or anything just as a person.”

“No,” Mark replied bluntly.

“You- I-…” Jackson was at a loss for words, “Never mind…” he shook his head deciding that over time the others will come to a realization that Minzy wasn’t so bad after all.

Mark re-inserted his earbuds and closed his eyes, he had actually heard everything they had just said. His earbuds were in but nothing was playing. Mark just didn’t want to be involved in any kind of discussion that included Minzy. He didn’t like this girl and it had nothing to do with her past. It was all because of what happened today. He didn’t like how Minzy had made Allyson upset. For some unknown reason, it bothered him whenever Allyson was down.

Mark was hoping that Jackson would just forget about Minzy but from the looks of it, it wasn’t going to happen any time soon. It only then struck Mark.

“You better not ask Allyson to help you with your problem with Minzy,” Mark suddenly spoke.

“Huh? I thought you didn’t hear anything?” Jackson scratched the back of his head.

“I said I did, you just didn’t believe me,” Mark reasoned, he never said he didn’t hear it, “Anyways, listen to me and don’t talk to Allyson about Minzy.”

“O-kay…?” Jackson replied.

~End of Flashback~
 


Jackson POV

And of course I didn’t listen to Mark. In fact I was slightly annoyed by his… advice.

What right did he have to tell me what to do? He’s not even Ally’s real boyfriend…

However even though I had felt super excited earlier when Ally had agreed to help I’m feeling unsure about it now… I can’t lay a finger on it but it almost feels like I had made a mistake and somehow I was going to regret it dearly in the foreseeable future.
 

 

 



Narrator POV

“You better not ask Allyson to help you with our problem with Minzy,” Jr. quoted, “What does that mean?”

It was night time and Got7 (minus Jackson) were all in front of the TV in their shared apartment. However the only people that paid attentio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter