Chapter 53

The Pabo Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“KYAAA! WE’RE HERE!!!” Bambam, the first one to hop out of the bus was now fangirling more than a sasaeng, “The fresh air! The trees! The grass! The-… AHHH BUGSSS! UMMMMA!”

“Yo,” JB kicked Jr. on the , “Your son is look for you.”

Jr. scrunched his face displeased, while dusting off his back side, “He’s your son too! Why don’t you go and look after him?”

“Kids always want their moms,” JB smiled smugly, “And I bet you’ve packed the essential bug spray in your ajumma bag anyways.”

“It’s not an Ajumma bag,” Jr. muttered but never the less took out a can of bug spray and sprayed it directly in front of Bambam’s face mercilessly.

“JACKSON HYUNG SAVE ME!!!” Bambam wailed.

Mark got off the bus quietly and immediately the scent of strawberry kiwi fills his nostrils.

“Yah! Stop fooling around and help with the luggage!” Youngjae complained as he pulled out a bright neon green suitcase he didn’t recall seeing earlier in their house, “Who does this belong to?”


“That’s mines!” a voice chopped through the clear air making the hairs on everybody’s neck stand up.

Youngjae coughed and awkwardly wheeled the suitcase to its owner, “Thank you!” Minzy bowed revealing someone unfamiliar behind her.

Oh so that’s where the scent was coming from, Mark thought and unconsciously, a rare smile appeared on his lips.

“Who’s that?” BoA asked, “Your new minion?”

“Oh,” Minzy moved aside and pushed the other girl into view, “This is…”

“Kiwi Head,” Mark blurted. All heads turned towards Mark, each of them had a question mark on their face. Only the other girl didn't seem confused and quietly balled her fists.

Ally poked Mark on the arm and asked, “You know her?”

Mark turned away with an amused expression and just said, “Let’s look for a place to pitch the tent,” before walking off. Ally looked between the new girl and Mark’s back view she bowed slightly at the girl as an act of acknowledgement/greeting before deciding to follow Mark.

“Uh… okay? Whatever that was about…” Minzy clear , “Anyways, as I was saying before, this is Lydia, my Unnie, who came back from the states!” she hugged onto Lydia's arm but Lydia shook it off and gave Minzy a look.

“Foster sister,” Lydia quickly clarified.

“She grew up in the States so she doesn’t speak that much Korean,” Minzy explained while trying to act close.

“How do you two communicate then?” Yugyeom asked curiously, “Your English is awful.”

Jr. let out a snigger and everybody else looked away to hide their smiles, the maknae’s straightforwardness was always the best.

Minzy let out an irritated noise from her nose, “We’re sisters! We have telepathy, we can manage! Right?” she asked Lydia who just stared at her blankly not comprehending a single word.

“Attention students!” the teacher’s voice came from the megaphone, “The tent race will start in a few minutes so everybody find a partner and a piece of free space! May I remind you that the person building the tent with you will not necessarily be sleeping in the tent with you. I will later pair you up with the same genders to prevent any accidents from happening in the middle of the night!”

“Wow can the teacher be any less direct?” Jackson muttered and the others nodded in agreement.

“Now the race will start in 3… 2… 1… GO!”

The whistle blew and everybody was rushing off like a swarm of flies over a piece of moldy bread.

“I CALL LYDIA NOONA TO BE MY PARTNER!” Bambam yelled and took advantage of the chaos to smuggle the her away.

“HEY BAMBAM I THOUGHT WE WERE PARTNERS?” Yugyeom called after Bambam but he had gone too far to hear any of it.

Yugyeom pouted at the ground, “I don’t have a partner anymore...”

Jackson patted Yugyeom on the back, “It’s okay, you can have my partner!”

“Really!” Yugyeom’s face lit up, “But Hyung who will you be with-…”

“I’ll find a couple and make a trio,” Jackson started sprinting away, “YOU’RE WELCOME!”

Yugyeom squinted in confusion, “Huh? Why doesn’t Jackson Hyung just form a trio with me and his partner?” and then he remember who his partner was, “Awwww! It’s Minzy! No wonder Hyung didn’t want his partner! That Hyung is evil…”

Meanwhile, the only group who was not in a rush had already found the perfect camping place.

“So have you ever pitched a tent before?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter