Chapter 8

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

I followed behind Baekhyun into the kitchen, I watched her flipping through D.O’s recipe books, trying to choose the cake to make. I kept thinking about what I heard the other day, what if she was the one I had been dreaming about? The guys were at the counter with D.O and Ae Sook, they were messing around with her. Kai was grabbed her hand, he just loves skinship.

“Can you please let my hand go, Kai.” She said.

“Wow, you know my name. Now let’s get to know each other more.” Kai didn’t let her hand go.

“Hey, let her hand go now.” Lay said.

“No, hyung.” Kai said.

“I said let her hand go.” Lay looked angry.

“Hey, guys lets sit at the table and watch them from there.” I said.

“Let’s go and sit at the table.” Xiumin said.

They all walked and sat down at the table, they were kind of mad. We kept looking at them, I just kept looking at her and thinking about what I heard in the hallways, could it be her. The girl that is from my dreams.

“D.O-ssi, what kind of cake do you want to start baking with. So we can make a recipe from that one.” She said.

No answer from the shy D.O, but instead Kai answers.

“Why do you guys make my favorite cake, chocolate cake with a whipped cream filling and strawberries.” He winks.

“No, she’ll make us food!” Lay said.

“I’m here to make a cake recipe, Lay-ssi.” She glared at him.

“Let’s make a simple one with simple frosting.” D.O said shyly.

“Yeah, let’s do that. Start simple, then we can work our way up to something complex.” She said.

“Like your relationship now.” Chen laughed.

“No, that’s our relationship.” Lay said.

“Let’s ignore them and start.” She turned around to begin working.

The guys were sitting at the table watching her and a flustered D.O, until I noticed her necklace. It shines when light hits it, makes me curious. I think I’ve seen it before, like somewhere… but where did I see it…… It belongs to the girl in my dreams, when she was running and got stuck in a glass box. But what does it mean? I got up and walked over to her and tried to start a normal conversation.

“So, Ae Sook. Where did you get that crystal necklace?” I asked.

“Oh… my Dad gave it to me, before he died.” She replied.

“Oh, I’m sorry for your lost.” I felt bad for asking.

“Oh, no it’s fine. He passed away when I was 10 years old.” She said with a smile.

“Can I see it? It’s really beautiful the way it shines in the light.” I asked.

“Yeah, but my Mom won’t let me take it off. Here, you can touch the crystal.” She said.

She lifted her crystal with the chain around her neck up to my hand. I reached for it, when my hand touched it, it gave me a shock.

“Argh……” I yelled.

I see that she puts up her hands to her head, like in pain. She kind of almost falls but holds herself against the counter. Lay runs to her side in his wolf speed, the others are worried about us.

“Luhan, are you okay?” Xiumin asks me.

“Yeah, I’m okay. What about you Ae Sook?” I turned to look at her.

“I’m fine, just a bit out of it.” She said.

“If you don’t like her, don’t have to harm her with your po…” Lay got cut off by me.

“Do you like wolves? Have you ever had dreams of wolves, like a big group of wolves?” I asked.

“How do you know..” She was cut off by Lay.

“Can you stop with acting so weird towards her.” Lay said.

“I’m your Hyung, how can you talk back to me!” I was angry.

“Oppas, I’m home!” Screamed Sumin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter