Chapter 34

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook lost the strength in her legs and fell into the arms of Xiumin, he caught her.

“Are you okay, everyone was worried.” Xiumin said.

Ae Sook didn’t say anything, but she stared back towards Jaejoong. He had his window down, she made eye contact with him. He rolled his window up, and she was pulled inside the house. Xiumin helped her take her heels off, helping her make her way to the living room. Exo was looking through the book, but every single page was blank.

“Sookie!” Lay yelled.

Lay got up and pulled her into his arms, leaning his head into the crook of her neck.

“Are you okay?” Lay asked.

“Yeah, but my feet are killing me. Dam those heels, made to kill women.” Ae Sook said.

Just then all of Exo looked up at her, they looked at what she wore. Amazed by it, they’ve never seen her like this.

“Wow, you look good.” Chen said.

“Tell me about it.” Ae Sook said.

“What happened?” Sehun asked.

Ae Sook remembered the bet she made with Jaejoong, she couldn’t tell them.

“It was just dinner, not a lot of talking. I was too scared to even answer him.” Ae Sook said.

“Did he do anything to you?” Luhan asked.

“No, but he told me that he sent his pet to hurt you, but you guys had escaped. I’m glad that you’re all fine.” Ae Sook said.

“Yeah, we’re fine. But the book we found has no writing. Just blank pages.” Kai said.

“Maybe her crystal can work?” D.O said.

“Let’s try it.” Kris said.

Ae Sook walked over to the table and sat down next to Sehun, who was holding onto the book. Sehun handed it over to her, she opened it and it was blank. She held her crystal up to the cover off the book, there was a light that shined brightly. The cover of the book changed from a brown to a white color and there was the lock symbol on the cover.

“What just happened?” Lay asked.

“I guess the book must of had a reaction with the crystal.” Ae Sook said.

Ae Sook opened the book to the front page, there were words printed on every single page. Then she caught a glimpse of Jaejoong’s symbol and started to read about him but Exo was not able to see any words. It still looked the same, blank pages.

“The one who holds this symbol is one with greater power than anyone. He who has been heart broken many times before, weak to the word love. He is not all evil, but love posses his strength. You cannot kill him with just anything, only the crystal sword that pierced his heart will kill him. If the crystal is given to him from the holder, and it becomes part of his body. The world shall turn evil and the human race will disappear. He would do anything to have the one he loves, love him back.” Ae Sook read out loud.

“No way… he will turn the world upside down just for his love!” Lay said.

“But isn’t she dead? Sookie showed us, during her visit to Young Ji's temple.” Kris said.

“Actually, he’s in love with me….” Ae Sook said.

“Your joking right?” Chanyeol said.

“No, I’m not. See for yourselves.” Ae Sook said.

Then she showed them what Jaejoong was telling her, they just stared at her.

“You got to be kidding…” D.O said.

“He’s dumb..” Tao said.

“I don’t care what you think, it’s the truth.” Ae Sook said.

“Here, let me see.” Suho said.

Ae Sook handed it over to Suho, but the book returned to being brown and worldless.

“What just happened.” Suho said.

“It looks like only the crystal is letting Ae Sook see it.” Luhan said.

“What, we can’t even see it?” Baekhyun said.

“I guess so, hand her the book back.” Chanyeol said.

Suho handed the book back over to Ae Sook, immediately by her touch the book changed back to white.

“You got to be kidding me.” Sehun said.

“Guess, only Ae Sook can read it.” Tao said.

“I’ll look through it, tell you what I come up with but I need to get changed out of this.” Ae Sook said.

Ae Sook got up and walked to her room, she need to get out of that dress. She held the book in her hand and walked up the stairs. She threw the book on her bed and went to her closet to get her t-shirt and sweat pants. She stood in front of her mirror, she turned her back to it and looked over her shoulder. There was the newly make mark next to the other mark, she hated the fact that she was nothing more than just a toy to Jaejoong and Exo. She quickly changed out of the dress and she got a hanger from her closet and hung the dress in there. Closing the closet door, and turning around to see Xiumin on her bed. She jumped when she saw him, hitting her back on her closet handle.

“Argh.. that hurts.” Ae Sook rubbed her back.

“Sorry, about that. Come here, I’ll try to cool it down.” Xiumin said.

Ae Sook walked over to him and lifted her shirt up and turned her back to Xiumin, he used his ice power to stop the swelling. It felt better, Ae Sook pulled her shirt down. She sat on the bed next to Xiumin.

“What’s up?” Ae Sook said.

“I’m sorry if it seems weird, but when you entered the house I felt another presence.” Xiumin said.

“What are you talking about?” Ae Sook asked.

“I felt like there was something attached to you.” Xiumin said.

“What is attached to me?” Ae Sook said.

Ae Sook was afraid, she didn’t want to be caught right now already. It was too soon to leave Exo, and too soon to end the battle that hasn’t even started yet.

“Nevermind, maybe I’m thinking too much.” Xiumin said.

“Maybe you are. I want to know, how are we going to celebrate our graduation?” Ae Sook said.

“Maybe we can plan that out tomorrow?” Xiumin said.

“Great, did you guys eat yet? I’ll cook.” Ae Sook said.

“No, we ate already. Just go to sleep, it's late already.” Xiumin said.

“Night Xiumin.” Ae Sook said.

“Night.” Xiumin replied.

Xiumin got up from her bed, but he bent over and kissed her forehead. He walked to the door and right before he was going to go out.

“Glad you came back, wouldn’t know what we’ll do if we lost you.” Xiumin said.

Then he left out the door, closing it behind him. Ae Sook laid down on her bed, tears threatening to fall.

“What if I am the one who hurts you in the end…” Ae Sook whispered.

Then her tears dropped slowly down her cheek, she wiped them away with her hand. She laid her head down on the pillow and stared at the door, she turned her body and faced the window. She saw the brightly shining moon, it shone down on her face through the window. She watched the night sky, think of what she should do. Sooner she drifted off to sleep, her head hurting from thinking too much.

Ae Sook woke up from her sleep, in a cold sweat. She had had a nightmare that she lost the bet and Jaejoong had killed everyone of Exo. She sat up, still holding on to her pillow. She looked at her alarm clock, it was 8:30 am. It seemed weird that no one was waking her up, but it was kind of early. Ae Sook got up and went to the door, opening it and walking down the stairs. No one was up, it still looked the same as yesterday night. Ae Sook made her way up the stairs and opened every single room, she found them still sleeping. She thought they must of been tired and that there was no more school. Ae Sook returned to her bed and laid down, she stared at the ceiling. She turned side to side, not falling asleep again.

Waking up to someone shaking her shoulder, she opened her eyes and it was Sumin.

"Morning." Ae Sook said.

"Unnie, lets go to the store to buy some food. There no food let in the house." Sumin whined.

"Okay, let me change my clothes. Then we can go." Ae Sook said.

Ae Sook got up and went to wash her face, she looked at her reflection, it was already the first day. After that she grabbed her black skinny jean, a white t-shirt, and her red flannel. She tied her hair into a high ponytail, letting her bangs fall on her face.

"Let's go now." She slung her bag over her shoulder.

Sumin got up from the bed and walked out after Ae Sook, they put their shoes on and left a note by the tv. Since the first thing Exo always does is watch tv, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter