Chapter 54

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae sook woke up, she felt her head hurting. She didn’t know who she was or where she was going. She looked around herself and saw that she was in a bright beautiful meadow. Butterflies flying and other insects chirping in the tall grass, she watched them in amazement. Ae sook stood up as the butterflies flew further away, she stopped to notice beautiful flowers they landed on. Plucking them from the base and smelling them, it gave her a quick flash of someone but there wasn’t enough to grab onto. Ae sook shook it off and  continued walking in the meadow, she picked flowers and placed them in her basket. She continued walking on the path, up ahead was a white gate. Ae sook felt empty but kept walking towards it, knowing that she wasn’t happy she decided to stop. For some reason she couldn’t remember who she was or what she is, the gate up ahead was the only thing that kept her going forward. Before she could take another step forward, someone called her.

“Ae sook.”

Hearing someone call out from behind her, she slowly turned around and came face to face with a man.

“Who are you?” Ae sook asked.

“Who am I? Think about it, who do I look like.” He said.

His voice shook her, it was calming and at the same time familiar. Ae sook tried her best to remember who he was, then it hit her. Her sudden flash of everything in her life, her eyes started to tear up and her lips curved into a smile.

“Appa…”

The beautiful meadow was replaced in a flash with a dark forest, no sign of anything alive or moving.

“Sookie, how has life been treating you?” He asked.

Ae sook ran into his embrace, she hugged him tight.

“Appa, I missed you so much. It was hard being a grown up, also growing up without you was the worst.” Ae sook said.

Her dad rubbed her back, his tears dropping.

“I know, I saw you through the crystal. I was with you all the time, I watch you grow up and make good and bad decisions. You have grown up to be a good lady, I couldn’t ask for more.” He said.

Ae sook lifted her head up from her dad’s chest, she gave him a sad smile.

“Appa, I don’t know what to do? Tell me what I can do?” Ae sook asked.

“Let’s try to get out of this forest, hold my hand.” He said.

“Okay as long as I’m with appa, nothing can make me happier.” Ae sook chimed happily.

Ae sook grabbed her dad’s hand and swung it back and forth, following behind him like a sweet innocent child. They made their way out of the forest, somehow they ended up where Ae sook was. The beautiful white gates up ahead but it was still far from them, he let Ae sook’s hand go but they continue to walk.

“How are your mates?” He asked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t even talked to them in over two months. I should be starting college soon, then the snow will come back.” Ae sook said.

“What about Jaejoong?” He asked.

“He is doing well in his business, he is slowly showing me his true colors.” Ae sook said.

“He was a good person, tried saving me from giving my life up.” He said.

“He didn't seem like he would do something like that.” Ae sook said.

“He tried to help me but I was selfish and tried to do what was best for you as a parent. I should've just let you choose what you want when you grew up. I just though since you were growing up with Jaejoong, your mates might not have a chance. I messed everything up.” He said.

“No you didn’t, you were trying to help me. You did what was best, I know it. I couldn’t be even more happy spending it with Exo. I know Jaejoong is a good person but I have to end this destiny.” Ae sook said.

“Would you give him another chance?” He asked.

“I think everyone deserves a second chance, I think I deserve another chance.” Ae sook said.

“I know you do, a fresh start wouldn’t be bad.” He said.

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter