Chapter 18

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook was still on the mat and Exo were still around her, waiting for Ms. Oh to return home. Sumin came back into the living room after changing her blood stained clothes. She went and sat down right next to Suho.

“What happened, why did she get hurt.” Suho asked.

“I was on the bus coming home, I didn’t want to see her. I was hoping to get home late and climb the tree to my window. But I was cornered by these guys and she was there and saved me. But the last guy put a knife up to my neck and she blocked it from cutting me. She got hurt, because of me. I’m sorry that I’m a bad girl, please forgive me.” Sumin cried.

“It’s okay, now. We just have to wait for her to wake up. She’ll be fine. Don’t cry anymore.” Suho patted her head.

A few moments later Ae Sook turned a bit and coughed and she open her eyes. Everyone watched her and Lay was the first one to help her up.

“Ae Sook are you awake? Are you feeling any pain anywhere?” Lay asked.

Chanyeol’s shirt slid off of Ae Sook’s back to reveal her scars again. Everyone of them stared at her back. Ae Sook turned over to face them with Lay behind her as support. She soon realized that she was only in her sports bra, she grabbed the blood stained shirt and lifted it over her head and put it on.

“Guys, what happened?” Ae Sook asked.

“Lay healed you and you lost a lot of blood. You shouldn’t be moving around too much.” Luhan said.

“Thanks. I thought I was going to die, before I could complete anything. I don’t want to re-live this destiny again and sorry, for being home late. I even promised you too.” She said.

Lay backed hugged her and put his chin in the crook of her neck.

“It’s okay, as long as you’re safe now. I didn’t know what I’ll do if I lost you.” Lay said.

The rest of Exo were looking away from them, they felt kind of shy due to Lay’s sudden confession.

“Lay, really. Out of all the times now. Let me go, please.” Ae Sook said.

“I can’t, it’s a bond that we share.” Lay said.

“So if we didn’t have this bond, you won’t be all over me like right now?” Ae Sook said.

“No.. it’s true. I love you.” Lay said.

“Ha ha ha…. I want to know….. If you guys ever liked the nerd me, sometime I think you like me because you saw the other me, the one without the glasses and without the hair in a braid. Rethink about it again, before you say that you love me.” Ae Sook said.

Everyone was quiet, they knew she was right. How could they of only noticed her now, and not when she was a nerd.

“See, that’s what I mean. Daehyun liked the nerd me, not the one who showed up to prom looking beautiful. I’m not blaming any of you, I’m blaming myself right now.” Ae Sook said.

It was quiet, no one dared to say anything. Sumin was quiet, she didn’t even know what to say to make the situation less awkward.

“I’m sorry. I can’t control my feelings right now.. I’m going to go to bed.” Ae Sook said.

“I’ll take you.” Sumin said.

“Let’s go, I’m tired.” Ae Sook said.

Sumin got up and walked over to Ae Sook, helping her get up. Ae Sook put her arm over Sumin’s petite figure and they walked up the stairs.

“Night guys.” Ae Sook said quietly.

They continued to walk to Ae Sook’s room. Exo was quiet and didn’t say anything, beside stare at one another.

“She’s right, I didn’t like the nerd. I liked the one who was pretty.” Baekhyun said.

“I only wanted someone pretty.” Tao said.

“I didn’t even like her, I just knew she was the our mate.” Luhan said.

“I always liked her, no matter what she did or look liked.” Lay said.

“Hyung, how can you be so stupid.” Chen said.

“She has a point and she proved it.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t care, I like her.” Lay said.

“Maybe she is right, you’re just in the bonding phase. Being overly attached and loving towards her. Not truly loving her for who she is.” Xiumin said.

“It’s true, I’m shy around pretty girls.” D.O said.

“Hyung, what does that have to do with this.” Kai said.

“Let her be, it’s our destiny to protect her. Not love her for who she is. I don’t really care, we have one goal. To kill the darkness.” Kris said.

“Kris hyung, you have to think about it though. She is your mate, that means we have to learn how to love her.” Suho said.

“I don’t care anymore. When she got here, she just ruined our brother bond. We don’t need her, we can defeat them ourselves.” Sehun said.

Sehun got up annoyed and ran to his room, leaving them to watch his figure disappear around the corner. The doorbell ring, Lay got up and went to open the door.

“Is she alright? Where is she right now?” Ms. Oh asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter