Chapter 32

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O walked to his room after washing the dishes, before he reached the stairs. He turned to look at Ae Sook who was just watching the tv with little care. D.O was sad, he just went straight to his room. He laid down on his bed, looking at the ceiling but he wanted to talk to Ae Sook.

“No, D.O you can’t be soft hearted on her.” He told himself.

He his side and faced the window in his room, then he heard Ae Sook.

“D.O, I know you can hear me.” She said mentally.

D.O decided not to reply to her, sometime you have to play hard to get.

“I’m sorry if I did anything wrong to you. I know that I’m very dense and stupid at times. But I don’t want you to avoid me or for me to avoid you. We’re mates, we can’t escape that or do you have someone eles you like? D.O just answer me, what did I do to make you hate me to the point you avoid me.” Ae Sook said.

D.O thought about what she said, she was wrong. He only liked her, he did not hate her. D.O hesitated if he should answer her or not.

“Fine, I’ll take the blame on what I did. I’m sorry for what I have done. Now I’m going to go out for a bit to clear my mind.” Ae Sook felt a tear drop down her cheek.

D.O just listen to her light foot steps to the front of the door and he sat up and watched her leave the front gate. He decided to lay back down on it, since he didn’t know what to do. A few moments later, Kai busted in the room with his uniform and his bag of sweaty clothes.

“Arghh… Kai that smells.” D.O fanned his nose.

“Sorry hyung. Just got home, where’s Sookie?” Kai unpacked his stuff.

D.O grew quiet, he laid back down on his bed. Kai knew what was happening, D.O was being weird again.

“Hyung, what’s wrong between you and Sookie?” Kai asked.

“Nothing.” D.O rolled over.

Kai got up from his bed and sat down on D.O’s bed.

“I know there is something, you’ve been avoiding her.” Kai said.

“NO! I’m not.” D.O said.

“Then how come you don’t know where she is.” Kai said.

“Because….”

“See you’re avoiding her. Hyung, you know you might be hurting her too.” Kai said.

“No, I’m the only one hurting here.” D.O said.

“It is because we’re all sharing her, I know how it feels about not bonding yet.” Kai said.

“I promised to bond to her when she is ready. But all the guys are bonding to her before me. Then she said it doesn’t matter who bonds anymore. I feel hurt by her words, she broke our promise.” D.O said.

“Hyung, promises will alway be broken. Do you need that promise to guarantee that your her mate.” Kai said.

Kai was right, D.O felt bad for making a small situation into a big one.

“Kai, thanks for correcting this stupid hyung.” D.O said.

“Now go to her and apologize.” Kai said.

“I’m going to get her, she went out.” D.O said.

“You said you didn’t know where she went.” Kai said.

“Well, I do know.” D.O said.

D.O got up from his bed and changed into his sweats and a sweater, he looked back at Kai.

“Tell the others I went to get Sookie.” D.O said.

D.O opened the window and jumped out and landed on the pile of soft dirt he made with is power. When he landed he looked back up towards Kai at the window.

“Hyung, you could’ve of went through the front door. But this way it makes you look like a rebel, go and get her. I’m tired, I have to rest because it’s a big day tomorrow.” Kai waved to D.O.

“Thanks Kai.” D.O waved.

D.O opened the gate carefully and tried to smell her scent. He followed it and it had gotten stronger when he reached a nearby park. He decided to approach her in his wolf from since he knew she wouldn’t beat him in that form. He followed a trail and lead him to the top of a tall stairway to where he saw Ae Sook in another man’s embrace. But he sensed that it was fear from the way her eyes and her body were not moving. He growled loudly, bring Ae Sook back into reality.

“D.O, run!” She screamed.

D.O could not run away, he ran towards his mate. D.O saw the guy say a couple of words to Ae Sook and hit her neck, then he disappeared. He made it right before Ae Sook could hit the floor, he scooped her up into his arms.

“Sookie! Sookie!” D.O yelled.

“D.O…. you came…”

“Stay with me! Look at me!” D.O screamed.

Ae Sook glimpsed at D.O’s face one last time before passed out.

“Sookie! Sookie! No, I have to get her back home now!” D.O said.

D.O transformed and carried Ae Sook on his back and ran his fastest towards home. D.O made sure not to be seen by anyone, but it was almost one in the morning and no one was around. He walked right up to the door and howled. The door opened revealing Xiumin, who was in his pajamas and rubbing his bed hair with eyes closed.

“D.O, if you’re going to sneak out do it right.” Xiumin yawned.

D.O growled once more, fully waking up Xiumin. He saw Ae Sook passed out on D.O’s back.

“What happened?” Xiumin asked.

D.O pushed him aside and made his way into the living room, Xiumin closed the door and ran after them.

“Guys, get up Sookie is Hurt!” Xiumin yelled.

In less than a couple of minutes everybody made it down stairs, even Sumin and Ms. Oh. They all saw D.O holding on to her and he didn’t want to let her go.

“What happened?” Suho asked.

“There was this guy, he was with her and them he hit her in the shoulder and she passed out.” D.O said.

“He hit a pressure point, knocking her out cold.” Tao yawned.

“But why is she not waking up?” D.O panicked.

“She’ll be in a couple of minutes, they don’t last long.” Tao explained.

Everyone huddled around D.O, who would not let Ae Sook go. After about fifteen or twenty minutes Ae Sook started coughing.

“Water… water..”

“Someone get water.”Kris demanded.

Chen got up since he was the closes to the water. He grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to D.O, who opened it and helped her drink it.

“Thanks.” Ae Sook looked at them.

“You guys are safe, I can’t image what I’ll do.” Ae Sook said.

Then everyone noticed how tears from her eyes were falling like crazy, D.O used his hands to wipe them away.

“Tell us what happened.” Suho asked.

“He’s back….”

“Who’s back?” Kris asked.

“The demon…. he’s come back for me.” Ae Sook said.

There was a silence, before anyone could process what she said.

“He killed Youngji, Ms. Oh. That’s how he found me, I bumped into him on my way home from school today.. Then I went out for a jog and then he….”

“What did he do to you?” Lay yelled.

“Nothing, he just told me that he missed me…. Then D.O showed up and he said he’ll find me later. He hit me and the last thing I saw was D.O.” Ae Sook said.

“It’s a relief you’re not hurt.” Ms. Oh said.

“Unnie, I can sleep next to you if you’re scared.” Sumin said.

“Thanks Sumin.” Ae Sook said.

“I’ll take you to bed now.” D.O stood up.

He carried Ae Sook and Sumin followed behind them, Exo and Ms. Oh all went to bed. D.O laid Ae Sook down and went into her bathroom to get a wet towel to wipe her face. Sumin had laid down next to Ae Sook, holding her in her arms.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Sumin asked.

“I’m fine now, but tomorrow is the last day of school. Sorry for bothering you.” Ae Sook said.

“No, unnie. You’re more important.” Sumin snuggled closer.

D.O came out with a wet towel and wiped Ae Sook’s face, Sumin was deep asleep again. He was about to put the towel back, but Ae Sook grabbed him by the wrist.

“D.O, I’m sorry.” Ae Sook said.

“No, I should be sorry.” D.O said.

“I feel bad, for hurting you.” Ae Sook said.

“No, I was the stupid one. Now go to sleep, we have a big day tomorrow.” He bent over and kissed her forehead.

“Night Kyungie.” Ae Sook said.

“Night Sookie.” D.O said.

D.O washed the towel and hung it on the rack to dry, when he can out Ae Sook was already fast asleep. D.O fixed the blanket on both of them, he left the room and went to his bed.

The next morning was fine for everyone, they did their usual morning routine. After breakfast that D.O and Ae Sook made they headed out to school. They walked in their big group and talked and laughed like it was a normal day, then they ran into BAP. Ae Sook waved to Daehyun, he waved back with a smile. Lay tightened his grip on Ae Sook’s hand.

“Ow, you’re hurting me Lay.” Ae Sook said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter