Chapter 56

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong could feel that they all had moved into Ae sook’s mind, slowly he slid down on the wall and sat there. Moments later, Sumin began to cough and turn. Jaejoong slowly stood and walked over to her, he placed his hand on her forehead.

“She’s burning up.” Jaejoong said.

He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of water, quickly going through the cabinets to find a towel. He walked back out and sat down by her side, he began dipping the towel in the cold water. He wrung the towel a bit and then wiped the sweat off of Sumin’s face, she slowly opened her eyes. She was shocked and Jaejoong paused but then he continued to wipe her face.

“Where is my oppas?” Sumin asked.

“Trying to save Ae sook.” Jaejoong replied.

“What are you doing?” Sumin coughed.

“Taking care of you since they requested it.” Jaejoong said.

“Why are they on the floor around Ae sook?” Sumin asked dryly.

“You wouldn’t understand, it’s complicated. I still have no idea what’s going on.” Jaejoong said.

Sumin paused and tried to take in what was going on, then she understood and looked at  Jaejoong.

“Thanks.” Sumin smiled.

Jaejoong looked at her and caught Sumin’s smile, he felt like a good person.

“Don’t mind me.” Jaejoong said.

Jaejoong continued to wipe her face and neck and arms, then he stood up and walked into the kitchen. Sumin was feeling tired and slowly fell back asleep, Jaejoong was preparing porridge in the kitchen. When he finished he returned back to Sumin and saw that she was sleeping, so he placed the porridge back. He walked over and checked on Sumin, then when he felt she was alright. He closed his eyes and the from his palm emitted a light that died down after a few seconds. He placed a green leaf on the table next to her, before disappearing. He returned home to his study room, he grabbed a couple of books off the shelves and other things.

“Stay together, we can’t afford to get lost. It can be dangerous.” Luhan said.

“Stay in groups of three, don’t leave anyone behind when looking around.” Suho said.

“Let’s quickly find her before we get trapped in here.” Kris said.

“Call when you find her, we’ll meet up somewhere.” Suho said.

Lay, Sehun, D.O went to the left, Kai, Luhan, Suho ran forward. Kris, Chen, Baekhyun went to the right. Tao, Chanyeol, Xiumin went backwards to check things out. As they ventured out into the dark forest, they stayed near each other and looked carefully around their surroundings. Soon they were exhausted and decided to meet up, Baekhyun sent a light signal and everyone gathered around them.

“Where will we be staying?” Tao asked.

“We saw some caves when looking around.” D.O said.

“We should probably go there and rest a bit.” Kris said.

“Lead the way.” Suho said.

D.O and Sehun walked in the front, something was bothering Lay. He felt something similar to this but it was faint and he was too tired to run after it. They all arrived to the cave, one by one everyone of them turned into their wolf forms.

“Guess we’re out of energy to keep our human forms.” Suho said.

“It’s better, now we can keep eachother warm.” Luhan said.

“Let’s rest up and then head out to find Ae sook.” Kris said.

Everyone huddled together and slowly fell asleep, Lay was the first to hit the ground and knock out.

Sumin woke up and started coughing, she wanted some water. She looked around and Jaejoong was gone, then she noticed the leaf on the table.

“Mr. Jaejoong.” Sumin called.

A few seconds later, he appeared before her with books and some herbs.

“Sorry, I was looking something up. Do you need anything?” Jaejoong asked.

“Just water, my throat is dry.” Sumin said.

“I will be right back.” Jaejoong said.

He placed his things down on the table and walked passed the sleeping group, he grabbed a glass of water and headed back to Sumin.

“Here is your water.” Jaejoong said.

“Thank you.” Sumin smiled.

Jaejoong smiled at her, for the first time. He had never treated any other woman the same as Ae sook, somehow this girl was slowly breaking his walls. He sat down and began reading his books, Sumin finished her water and watched Jaejoong. Somehow the way Ae sook and Exo described him, made her hate him and think he was a true bastard who deserved to die but who was this man in front of her? Jaejoong felt her staring, then looked up and Sumin smiled.

“My name is Sumin.” Sumin said.

Jaejoong looked back down at his books and continued reading, Sumin laid back down and looked at the ceiling.

“The way Ae sook and oppas describe you as a monster but who is this person sitting in front of me?” Sumin asked.

“A monster.” Jaejoong chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter